Start by marking “Crazy in Paradise (Paradise, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crazy in Paradise (Paradise, #1)

Crazy in Paradise

(Paradise #1)

Welcome to Tarpon Cove.

Dying in the Middle of Summer is Sweaty Business...

If you ever put yourself in trouble by picking up someone else's past, you have to meet Madison Westin, an honorary Trouble Queen.

Madison is a quirky motel owner, who recently inherited her aunt's beachfront motel in the Florida Keys. But that is NOT all she inherited, as the motel houses a slew of c
Published July 2nd 2011 by Paradise Books (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Crazy in Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy in Paradise

Margitte

Imagine inheriting a nice house and some beachfront cottages in an unsophisticated beach town called Tarpon Cove, yes, just like that, in the name of love? And imagine you meet all aunt Elizabeth Hart's friends with names like Spoon, Moron, Slice, Harder, Axe, and a funeral home owner, named Dickie Vanderbilt, and you have a cat called Jazz. Wouldn't you feel like the reality of paradise really hit you big time? And if you were coming from my point of view, don't you think it was safer to keep t
JennE
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: southern, cozies
Starts off rough, but gets bearable. Anyone that has read more than three mystery books can figure out the outcome halfway through the book. The clues aren't even very cleverly disguised. Crazy is the correct title. The main character, Madison Westin, inherits her aunt's home and set of cottages in Tarpon Cove, Florida. The first time she enters the home and goes out onto the pool, she meets a mysterious stranger ( very dark and handsome, and conveniently single, of course) who has been shot. Do ...more
Michele
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book so much! Madison Westin is one of those character's that will have you chuckling--then laughing out loud-and even shaking your head in disbelief at some of the scrapes she gets into. Zach, who walked into her house (literally) is a private detective bad boy who immediately decides that Madison is his girlfriend-whether she agrees or not. His cohorts all end up walking in as well and kind of take over Madison's life--as if she doesn't have enough trouble with a Mom who ...more
Robert
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Madison Westin proves to be an intriguing character in a cove filled with interesting characters, most of whom are tenants at the motel. Personalities help make the story, although the story could have started a bit quicker. Introducing the murder sooner would have increased the pace.

The first meeting between Zach and Madison strains the reader’s believability. There wasn’t enough development between the two characters as well as between Madison and her mother.

Errors and editing mistakes stood o
Nadeen
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book
Read this at the airport / on the plane. It would have been a "bathtub" book though not read in the tub except it wasn't that good. It was predictable and sophomoric but I finished it. The series had been recommended to me but I won't be diving in.

(I would have given it 1 star but I finished it. Blame it on the 2 bloody Marys' and my fear of plane travel.)
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Jan 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Crazy in Paradise was a book full of strange, crazy characters, each collecting their own set of “I owe you’s.” From the first page of the book to the last, the action was non-stop. The story began with recently divorced Madison Westin inheriting her recently deceased aunt’s beachfront house and properties. Not only does she inherit an old motel, she also inherits an old motel full of eccentric people.

From the insane funeral that will leave you in tears, to the scheming attorneys, mad ex-cons,
Sharon Martin
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As our heroine deals with something that is close to everyone's heart, the death of a close relative and the problems around receiving the inheritance this also brings along change and with change new people and problems crop up. As she moves into her aunts property and meets her new love the story really begins?

I really liked the dirty tricks and dodgy dealings of the lawyer and how he tries to try and hide his real motives which is apparent in everyday life as well as the people he uses and em
KareB
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OK, when I picked up this book it was because I tried to start two other books first. One started out with a cheating husband and his death leaving a grief stricken pregnant wife to put the pieces of her life back together...uhhh, heavy read. So then try two... started out with a happy girl that was suddenly being molested by her father. She turned into a pregnant prostitute trying to earn money to leave... TOO Heavy. So picking up this book! WOW. First I thought, this is crazy. No way will I ge ...more
Joni
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A laugh-out-loud, delightful, easy read. The characters (and they are characters) are well developed, slightly crazy, but definitely entertaining. Just the book to pick up when you want to be entertained.
Tiffany
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Poor plot. OK writing. Not impressed.
Eileen Cosenza
Not very well written - I won't be reading any more of this series. Madison was too dumb and ignoring obvious clues as to what was going on. The ending was painfully unoriginal. I did make it to the end, so 2 stars for that.
Laurie Carlson
This was a really neat book in that it was full of conversation. Almost the entire book was conversation, unless it needed some description or other things to be explained, for the most part it was pure conversation. This is the first time I have come across writing like this. It was rather interesting, very well done, and I enjoyed it immensely.
Madison Elizabeth Westin, a newly divorced and a cynical character because of it, yet perhaps not so cynical as she was "realistic" in her approach to l
Phoenix Reads
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chit-lit
Crazy in Paradise: Dying in the middle of the summer in the Florida Keys is sweaty business. (Paradise Florida Keys Mystery Series Book 1) Light and airy with a sense of humor, and s a nice little appetizer for more of the series. Crazy in Paradise was a book full of strange, crazy characters, and from the first page it was non-stop action.

The story began with recently divorced Madison Westin inheriting her recently deceased aunt's beachfront house and properties. Not only does she inherit an o
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
Madison Westin's a strong, independent woman who can take care of herself. Really. Now that she's inherited her aunt's motel, she's ready to prove it to the world. The only things standing in her way are crazy tenants, a manager who's telling everyone he owns the place, a lawyer who's insisting she sell, and her mom who just wants her to meet a nice man. Then she gets a surprise visit from her aunt's friend Zach - he's young, hot, and bleeding all over her lanai. Welcome to Florida - where a gi ...more
Richard Hayes
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
NOTE: I received a copy of this book from the author. All that was asked was an honest review.

If you are looking for the next great american novel or one with some fancy award, then this is not the book you are looking for, but if you are looking for a fun read then this is it.

When Madison Elizabeth Westin's aunt passed away it came as a surprise to everyone. When she was informed about it by the lawyer Tucker Davis and askes about her helping with the burial plans, she is informed that he was t
Don Rich
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First one in the series, and it has me hooked! I'll be reading all 14 titles (hopefully not binge reading them, but no promises!) this one is that good.

I hope that Madison grows through the series, because I really want to like her instead of feeling sorry for her. But many of the characters remind me of people that I bumped into in the Keys back in the 80's and 90's, both good and bad. So, Deborah Brown has a knack for capturing the 'rock happy' zaniness that happens down in Conch-land!
Rita Sheppard
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! There's romance with lots of thrills, action, and suspense set in scenic Key West. Many colorful characters called Slice, Axe, Fab, Moron, and others who Madison meets through her new boyfriend Zach quickly become close protective friends. She will need their help as there are devious and dangerous people who will stop at nothing to obtain the properties she inherited from her recently deceased aunt.
Full review will be posted on The Cubicle Escapee

What was that noise at 1am? That was me laughing SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo hard at this book. I love these characters and this story. Seriously guys need something funny in your life? look NO further than this book!

Laurie Hanan
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, so much that when I finished it I immediately bought the next one in the series. Besides being extremely well written, it has a everything I love in a book: A protagonist who's easy to relate to, romance, a quirky but believable supporting cast of characters, a fast-paced plot with action that never stops, and lots of laughs. I can't wait for number three!
Shelly Grantham
Dec 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

This book is awful. There is not a very good plot development. There is no character development either. There is no build up to relationships. The main character, at times, seems to have a back bone and then other times she has none, so that is a bit confusing. Also, some if the scenes are odd. It is not worth the read.
Ellen
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
just the kind of book I like. Lots of twists and turns. Some humor, and intensity. Kept my attention all the way through.
✨ Gramy ✨
I enjoy a nice, fluffy exploration into fiction that elicits joy, humor, and inspiration. So I was delighted to discover this mystery series available free with Kindle Unlimited, which claimed it includes humor. My perception of the books did not associate with my preference of humor, at least not the laugh out loud style that Janet Evanovich elicits in similar situations.

On a positive note, there are some likable characters. The heroine has a dependable network of friends and associates. The s
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Crazy in Paradise

Read on KU

Madison has returned to the Keys along with her mother, following the death of her Aunt. She has been left The Cottages in her aunt's will, but or turns out her aunt's lawyer Tucker has been appointed executor of her estate and has others plans for the Cottages that don't involve Madison.
All is not as is seems in this little bit of paradise, and she gets involved with aw people her aunt knew, Zach, Fab, Axe and Spoon. There is a whole host of colourful characters in th
C.
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first time ever reading Deborah Brown's "Paradise" series. By a third through I knew I had found a winner and was delighted when I checked my Kindle and found I already had "Paradise 2". Needless to say, I finished the first and went right to the next. These are fun mysteries filled with one of the greatest cast of characters I've ever read. Living in Florida myself, I love the description of the beach areas. I love "Madison Westin" and her crazy crew.
Susan
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
On the very last page of this book is the word "PROOF" in large letters. Obviously someone missed this instruction as the book was littered with typos, run on sentences, missing words, extra words, and confusing paragraphs. Hire an editor or, at the very least, a proofreader! The title was misleading as there was nothing remotely paradisal about this place.
Neena Christianson Martin
No one knocks anymore.

I loved this book! After the passing of her aunt, Madison is left with her house and rental units. Then her life is turned upside down when she's introduced into her new life of sexy hunks, unscrupulous lawyers, thieves and thugs. What's a girl supposed to do, why go with the flow and try not to get killed!
Michelle Strommen
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this series while on Facebook. What a great book. Love all the characters, they have great dynamics with each other. The storyline was good, it went a little quick to the rough parts (don’t want to spoil anything), but overall there was funny and suspense. Can’t wait to read the rest of the series.
Judy G Spivey
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title explains it all. Crazy bunch of unlikely characters become friends and cohorts.

Madison, moves to the Florida Keyes following her ,Aunts death. She steps right in the middle of a scheme to defraud her ,Aunts estate. Murder, Mayhem, along with romance and a few laughs in a new series for me.
Chris Mallett
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Crazy in Paradise (Paradise Florida Keys Mystery Series book 1) by Deborah Brown

You have to be in the mood to sit down or lay down to read this kind of book, I think. I love the characters, but they seem a little informal with one another. I like these books by Deborah Brown. I will continue to read these. Thank you, Deborah!
maris corush
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced tale of quirky characters in the Florida keys!

From start to finish action and reaction kept this story fascinating and fun. This group of unusual folks banded together in small town style. A fun read!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • If Errands Could Kill (Minivan Mom Mystery, #1)
  • Two Widows and the Thrift Store Murders
  • Bingo Barge Murder (A Shay O'Hanlon Caper, #1)
  • Dead Is the New Black (Fashion Avenue Mysteries, #1)
  • In Deep Shitake (Shitake Mystery, #1)
  • Murder Deja Vu
  • Buying Time (Aspen Moore, #1)
  • Key Lime Blues (Wes Darling Mystery, #1)
  • September Fair (Murder-by-Month Mystery #5)
  • Haole Wood
  • Dead Pan (Daphne Martin, #2)
  • Conditions are Favorable
  • Death by Chocolate (Killer Confections, #1)
  • A Case of Imagination (Madeline Maclin #1)
  • Murder Half-Baked
  • Got Your Number
  • Free Gift with Purchase
Deborah Brown is the author of the Paradise series, Crazy, Deception and Trouble Florida Keys mysteries, which makes the reader laugh, cry and cheer...

My personal ad would read:

There's nothing a new pair of shoes can't cure.

Redhead. Long legs. There's nothing like a strawberry-lemonade in summer. Favorite activity: Filling my pockets with seashells. An avid rule follower when eating Animal Cookies

Paradise (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Deception in Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Trouble in Paradise (Paradise, #3)
  • Murder in Paradise (Paradise Series)
  • Greed in Paradise (Paradise, #5)
  • Revenge in Paradise (Paradise, #6)
  • Kidnapped in Paradise (Paradise #7)
  • Swindled in Paradise (Paradise #8)
  • Executed in Paradise (Paradise #9)
  • Hurricane in Paradise (Paradise #10)
  • Lottery in Paradise (Paradise #11)
“incidents” 0 likes