Start by marking “Ashleigh's Dream (Thoroughbred, #5)” as Want to Read:
Ashleigh's Dream (Thoroughbred, #5)

Ashleigh's Dream (Thoroughbred #5)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  1,213 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Can Samantha ride Fleet Goddess to victory?

When Ashleigh's horse, Wonder, gives birth to a beautiful foal, Ashleigh is thrilled. She's raising Wonder's colt, racing as an apprentice jockey, and she's even looking out for young Samantha McLean. Samantha moved to Townsend Acres with her father after her mother died in a riding accident. When Ashleigh buys a filly named Fleet

Published February 15th 1993 by HarperPaperbacks (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Ashleigh's Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashleigh's Dream

Rena Sherwood
Let me admit right up front that this gets four stars more for sentimental reasons than for being in any way an accurate portrayal of a Thoroughbred stud farm or life in the Bluegrass region of Kentucky. The Thoroughbred series is more of a Fantasy Island for my mind and battered spirit. I was not too impressed with this particular book the first time I read it in my 20s but quite enjoyed it now in my late 40s.

I particularly liked that this book refers to Campbell's first book about a racehorse,
Stefanie
Dec 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A new chapter in the Thoroughbred saga begins as Ashleigh Griffen rushes to the barn in time to witness her beloved mare, Wonder, give birth to her first foal! Since Wonder is no longer racing and Ashleigh has proven herself as a Jockey new dilemmas arise. Ashleigh decides to use some of her race winnings to purchase her own racehorse and buys a gorgeous filly named Fleet Goddess who proves herself to be a handful on the training track. Along with a green racehorse, Ashleigh's parents decide to ...more
Heather
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved all the books in this series! Seriously. I devoured them when I was a preteen and teenager. I recently revisited them when I was cleaning boxes of books out of my parents basement. They were pretty much as I remembered. Although there is some "people stuff" that is great, these are largely about horse-human relationships and racing. For a horse-crazy girl (and now grown woman) these were/are great books. Highly recommend for horse-hungry preteens, teens,and even young adults.
Summer T.
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am currently reading this book, so far so good. I enjoy reading books about animals. This book is very interesting and adventurous. I feel like I am actually in the book and not just reading it. I am looking forward to finishing it.
Ashley Reif
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horse-books
I loved it! I love horses, especially thoroughbreds! I love horse racing. but most of all I love the horses.
Even though this book is fiction, I learned a lot.
For anyone who loves horses, you would enjoy this series!
Faith
Jan 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
this is a great book for any and all horse lovers
Ilana
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great series for tweens that love horses and/or are interested in horseback riding or racing. Teaches about the struggles of working with animals and the benefits.
Fozzietje
Jun 24, 2012 marked it as to-read
I know this is a great book, but how can you start reading? I don't really understand this site.
Maria
Sep 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It was so good, and I like how they keep introducing new characters each book! Fleet Goodness sounds adorable and so does Wonders Pride!
Natalia
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
yeah, ok I am going back to my favourite series growing up to make my goal.... no regrets
Julie
Aug 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, middle-grade
Loved these when I was obsessed with horses as a kid.
Rita Backe
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodies
Fortsatt nostalgi, men begynner å vannes ut bittelitt.
Heather
Sep 20, 2012
Horsegirl9898 D
Jul 21, 2009
Nov 09, 2011
  • Horse Power (Saddle Club, #4)
  • Mustang Moon (Phantom Stallion, #2)

Thoroughbred (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • A Horse Called Wonder (Thoroughbred, #1)
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
  • Wonder's First Race (Thoroughbred, #3)
  • Wonder's Victory (Thoroughbred, #4)
  • Wonder's Yearling (Thoroughbred, #6)
  • Samantha's Pride (Thoroughbred, #7)
  • Sierra's Steeplechase (Thoroughbred, #8)
  • Pride's Challenge (Thoroughbred, #9)
  • Pride's Last Race (Thoroughbred, #10)
  • Wonder's Sister (Thoroughbred, #11)