Start by marking “Hidden (Firelight, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hidden (Firelight, #3)

Hidden

(Firelight #3)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  17,331 ratings  ·  1,538 reviews
Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into ...more
Published September 11th 2012 by HarperTEEN

To ask other readers questions about Hidden, please sign up.
Ellen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,522 books — 15,731 voters
YA Novels of 2012
1,322 books — 10,698 voters

More lists with this book...

·  17,331 ratings  ·  1,538 reviews

Sophie Jordan
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As I wrote it (and rewrote it again and again and again until it was just what I wanted it to be) ... yes - I love it and can't wait until it hits shelves. Hope you all enjoy it!

Annabelle
*FINAL RATING: 1.35 STARS*

CATCHALL
Firelight had some problems, but it was new and different and despite its unlikeable cast of characters was a fun and awesome read. I enjoyed Vanish much, much more. I gave it five stars. Although honestly, looking back at it, at this point in my blogging career I probably would've given it less. Hidden, sadly, just didn't impress me at all. I really wanted it to, but I just wasn't feeling it. It was an extremely lackluster book for me and an overall disappoin
hayden
Oct 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Sophie Jordan, what the hell?

Why can't we all write like you.

Even when it's completely unintentional, your writing leaps off the page and strikes my heartstrings. Even if this book was completely plotless and the characters all sucked and everything about this book absolutely sucked, I would still be forced to give it at least three stars due to its writing.

Not to say everything else is bad, because it's not . . . far from it, actually. But now you get my point.

I went into Hidden without re-read
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Ohhh Cassian... *sigh* You are too good for Jacinda!

This was my least favorite Firelight book. It's not because Jacinda (view spoiler) but because she annoyed me. She was all over the place. You know, she has a boyfriend, Will? But she still has the audacity to be jealous when Cassian talks to Tamra, even though she's mostly saying how he loves her just because she's a firebreather and the most desirable dragon. Oh, please.

And what about Will? Did sh
Colleen Houck
I was asked to do a formal blurb for this book so I'm pasting it here.

The FIRELIGHT series is a rare sparkling gem. I delved into the mystical world and discovered a fast-paced, gripping story. In HIDDEN I was again swept away in a whirlwind of thrilling danger, shocking secrets, and entrancing romance. Anytime my readers ask for a book recommendation, I always say, “Read Sophie Jordan!”
Teresa
Jan 07, 2012 marked it as to-read
If you aren't team Cassian, you are dead to me. And I hope Hidden will be more fast paced, action packed, and mysterious than the last two. And, also, less angsty and hormones- induced. I don't know if I'm even going to like this book, since Jordan lost a fan here at Vanish. I'm still counting the calendar for this book, though. The cover is beautiful but not so original. Who else besides me thinks that Vanish was the best cover out of the series?
Emmy
Dec 22, 2011 marked it as to-read
--MY FANTASY ENDING--

When Jacinda, Will, Cassian, and Tamra go into the hunters stronghold, Tamra uses her special powers and wipes all the peoples memorey or whatever she does. Then, the four of them get inside to see dozens of cages on the wall. (i'm talking about 1-2 dozen) They decide to release all the Draki. Will and Jacinda will take the left, while Tamra and Cassian take the right. Tamra and Cassian find all the Draki that have been taken from the hunters, including Miram. Then Jacinda
Ferdy
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Spoilers

Jacinda along with her boyfriend, Will and her draki friends take on the enkros, in an attempt to save Cassian's sister from imprisonment and possible death.

-The plot was unimaginative - Jacinda and co rescue Miram from the enkros and then get chased by hunters for the bulk of the book. It's only in the last few chapters were things of importance occur and Jacinda's pride acknowledge that they need to make changes to the way they live and have a leadership that's fairer — unfortunately J
Melodramaticfool
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
I've been trying my hardest to get over the lack of creativity this cover has...

*ahem* Back to the point. I liked Hidden, it was good. But I feel like I'm falling back on that "it could have been better" pillow. I felt like a few strands were left hanging, and that things were kinda rushed.
To start off, Jacinda's time with the enkros was super short. It literally lasted 49 pages before (view spoiler) So basically one
Eve
Oct 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
ahh yes, yet another one. Personally, I think they should leave little brat with the hunters, but whatever.

-missrosey :]

Update after:

Yay finished it! This was good! I'm teetering on a 3.5/4 stars. Hmm.

I don't want to list every single thing that happened in this book, so I'll just say a few things:

I really enjoyed this series. The characters never really bugged me, and (thank goodness) I always really liked Jacinda. And Will. *swoon* Honestly, being the coldhearted beast I am, I would have left
♠️ TABI ♠️
Dec 01, 2011 marked it as to-read
More action and less kissing please.
Jacinda, torch Cassian for me, will you?
Will, I wonder how many more secrets you got in your blood.
Tamra, stay as you are, the books wouldn't be the same if you changed.

Ok...best cover yet....very mysterious. And darker, that seems to fit more than the lighter, more girly looking covers. This one actually looks like she's some ancient dragon race...
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Enjoyed this series on audio. I felt the ending was a little unresolved. Not much happened with the hunters and Encros or whatever their called. The romance and family stuff wrapped up nicely. I felt like Jacienda and Will were a little bit too much insta love. And I know Will is 18 but he basically just ran away from his family. I mean where will they get money? I'm just thinking too logically but I wanted more resolve with Will and his family.
Kristalia
Final rating: 1.5/5 stars

Finally, it's over!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY XD

I just need to say this: it could have been so much better!!
but sadly, it wasn't and that is my problem. It was action packed i admit but there is just something that bothered me. It was all too fast. It was practically jumping from one scene to another. So, she should have just made this series a little longer (in pages, not in books) because i found Hidden short for all of that.

The thing i also didn't like, not just in this b
Shelley
Reading Level: YA
Genre: Fantasy/Dragons
Publisher: Harper TEEN

*Review*

After the events of Vanish where Miram was captured by the Enkors (dragon hunters) after failing to listen to Jacinda--Jacinda, Cassian, Will, and Tamra, have banded together in an attempt to rescue her before she is tortured and experimented on.

Jacinda, Will and Tamra had planned to leave the pride once and for-all and never look back. Cassian is along be
Booknut
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
NOOOOOOOO!! It's ENDED!!! *curls into a ball and sobs*

And look. I love Will. *glances away* Really. I do! It's just...sometimes...I...I kinda think that Cassian is pretty dang awesome! THERE! I ADMITTED IT!! And all you Will + Jacinda shippers can now shoot your little Hunter arrows at me and hunt me down! But in all honesty, Cassian broke my heart in this book. The fearless warrior, unrequited love, the weight of responsibility on his shoulders and his unwavering bravery - the fact he still pr
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
I admit it, I actually liked the first book.
But after that the series went downhill.
It just seemed like it was sprinkled with random stuff that had no point whatsoever!
Here's how it went:

Everyone is all happy and dandy!
OH NO! HUNTERS!
Everyone is happy again!
SOMEONE GOT KILLED!
Let's go back to the pride!
But I don't wanna go to the pride!
BUT I NEED TO!!!!
OH NO!!! MORE HUNTERS!!!
FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!
Kiss me, Will!
SHE KILLED HER!!!!
Yay! We're happy again!

I know that this made zero sense whatsoever, but
Odette Brethouwer
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I liked this book better than the second, this is back to the level of book 1. Of course, you start right at the cliffhanger of book 2, so that is a good start. A lot happens in this book, there are a lot of turns in the storyline which I really liked and some of them were really unexpected. There is some lovetriangle in it but I like how everything turned out, it is all nicely wrapped-up. A good ending of the series and a fun read.
Maura
Ok, I just finished reading this, and I have to get it off my chest:
When did two of the main characters in this series become THAT COUPLE THAT HAS SO MUCH PDA THAT EVERYONE HATES THEM?

What is the point?! This is pretty much Jacinda's thought process:
Jacinda: Gasp! A life-threatening situation has just popped up out of nowhere! Every decision is critical, and ever second counts...Oh, well, better make out with Will for half a page!

This series was really not one I enjoyed to begin with, but this
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Quick review:

Cover: Looks a lot like the 1st book cover
Rating: PG-13
Overall: Well, it’s over. Not sure how I feel
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Sometimes you have to make a choice and other times its life or death
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Cassian

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

This story did move and there was action. There was also a clear winner in the kinda love triangle. However, this book bummed me out. I thought I enjoyed love triangles. Not so
Jen
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book! I read the first two in the Firelight trilogy in the same day, and I devoured Hidden at the same speed. It is written so well... the action had me on the edge of my seat, the calm moments were just the right kind of quiet and the romance made me melt. I found that the narrative flowed so easily for me; I read this in about 5 hours with very little effort.

Hidden picks up immediately after the events at the end of Vanish when Miram, Cassian’s sister, was captured. J
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
What a heart pounding, exciting, suspenseful conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight series! WOW! Sophie does not hold back with all that happens during this one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride of a read. With secrets revealed, loyalties put to the test, love found, and other relationships tested, this story gave me everything I wanted and then some. There's moments of heartbreak, hope, suspense, sizzling scenes, danger, and a lot of the unexpected. This story has one twist after the ot ...more
Crystal ✬ Lost in Storyland
I loved the first two books, and I really wanted to like Hidden. However, a lot felt flat to me. There is just so much packed into one little book with many new ideas introduced and never fully developed. It seems as though Jacinda's just been placed into the hands of the enkros when the situation changes and suddenly she's running back to the place she just tried to escape, making Will unsure of their relationship. Which kind of disappointed me. While I admire Jacinda's burning desire to watch ...more
Kristi
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it
This is book three of the Firelight series, if you haven’t read the first two books, this review could be really spoilery. Read at your own risk.

Hidden starts just as we left off in Vanish. Miram has been captured and Jacinda is set to infiltrate the enemy territory and rescue her. Even if Will and Cassian have other ideas.

And I think that is really all I’m going to say about what happens in the book as to not give too much away. This is definitely one of those books where you just want to disco
Katy
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, I think I could have really liked this book if it wasn't so way overwritten. It wasn't at all unpredictable, but it was a nice conclusion to the series.

But my biggest complaint was the writing. Don't get me wrong. Jordan's writing is beautiful the way she is so vivid with her descriptions. But, and a big but, it kept going on and on and on and on and on... Sometimes for pages...

I knew it was HIM that she came face-to-face with, but no, we had to go through every description about his a
Anne
Middle of the road kind of finale to this trilogy.
There's nothing bad to say about it, but for some reason I remember liking the 2nd book much better than I did this one.
Whatever. Everything is tidied up, and (most) everyone goes home happy.
If you're really into these books, then I think you'd be happy with the conclusion.
I'd say overall this is a decent YA trilogy about a tribe (clan?) of dragon-shifters.
I mean, if you're looking for something like that...?
Jana (My Messy Chapters)
Dec 05, 2011 marked it as to-read

My predictions::: (SPOILERS ALERT for many reasons)

I think she's going to pull an Andrea Cremer and have Cassian killed (just like Cremer killed Ren).
Which would suck since I fell in love with Cassian in Vanish. Sigh.
Annie Brewer
All I can say is...EPIC! This was one hell of a conclusion, a rollercoaster in which I'm still pretty dizzy from. Full review to come after I'm done weeping and can get my emotions together.

I LOVED IT!!!!

I loved this book. I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!! Upon reading this, I read some reviews and some were negative and some were positive. Of course, those that were negative were from people that didn't really like the series from the first book. I just ignored all the bashing and complaint
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
Earlier this year, I wrote that blog post about trying to finish more series and guess what? It hasn't gone so well seeing as I've finished only a handful of them, but figured it was about time to finish this series for good. There were some things that I loved: Cassian, brother-sister and sister-sister relationships, Tamra x Deghan (though (view spoiler)), plus most of the questions were answered and loose ends tied; but ...more
The Glassed And The Furious
Jan 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

One of the hardest things to do is to say goodbye to a book series. Sounds lame, especially when I complain so much about every book being turned into series but what can I do. The same feeling I had with this book.

Firelight was one of those books that blew my mind. It was so good and interesting that I was so happy when the author decided to make this series. After all that waiting (some things never change is our bookish world) finally I got Vanish and the
TeenReadClub: Maart: De kracht van de onyx - Sophie Jordan 1 4 Mar 06, 2015 06:33AM
CASSIAN!!!!!or Will? 76 272 Sep 24, 2014 10:54PM
so you like YA?!: (Hidden) Firelight Trilogy + additional novel April-May-June*spoilers* now with series chat 106 60 Sep 22, 2014 06:37AM
BYU-Adolescent Li...: Hidden by Sophie Jordan 1 1 Jun 11, 2014 10:36AM
Firelight: Flight Field 2 7 Dec 06, 2013 04:01PM
Eh..... 4 19 Nov 20, 2013 05:22PM
Firelight: School 50 12 Oct 14, 2013 05:29PM

• Blazing the Trail (The Dragon Diaries, #3)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • The Blood Keeper (The Blood Journals, #2)
  • Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Arise (Hereafter, #2)
  • Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
  • Speed of Light (Fenestra, #3)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2)
  • Havoc (Deviants #2)
  • Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal, #2)
Pseudonym:
Sharie Kohler

Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first historical romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.

A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature - teaching English seemed the natural recourse. After several years

Firelight (3 books)
  • Firelight (Firelight, #1)
  • Vanish (Firelight, #2)
“Hi," I return, gesturing to the fish. "Nice catch."
"Yeah. I'm kind of impressed with myself. I always thought redheads were sexy."
"Ha-ha. I meant the fish."
"Ah. Yes.”
29 likes
“Then again, there’s nothing simple about Will. I think back to what he can do—bend earth, resist shading, his immense strength—and it’s glaringly inaccurate to consider him a human. But then I can’t think of him as a draki either. And this strikes me as sad. Will doesn’t belong anywhere. Not among humans. Not among draki.
But he belongs with me. The conviction is still there, as senseless and dangerous as always, seeping into my bones, my heart. A fact I wouldn’t change even if I could.”
8 likes