Start by marking “Baby Dust” as Want to Read:
Baby Dust

Baby Dust

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  179 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
The five women sitting in the circle of chairs all had great dreams of motherhood.

Then their babies died.

Melinda sees blood on the floor every day after her loss. Dot believes the wrath of God caused her baby to die.

Teenage Tina is trolling internet dating sites for a father for another baby, and Janet's failure to cry means her wedding is off. Stella, the support group
ebook
Published (first published July 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Baby Dust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Dust

Chelsea
I was surprised to find one of the character's suffered a molar pregnancy, but I was disappointed with this section of the book. Not due to I accuracy, which there was some, but because I am currently going through the aftermath of a molar pregnancy and she chose the one character that was completely devoid of any emotion to be the one with GTD. And after the d&c, she's completely fine. The storybook happy endings are nice I guess, but didn't make me feel any better. Some portions of the boo ...more
Valerie
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each pregnancy loss is definitely uniquie, but I repeatedly found myself relating to each of the women in the novel Baby Dust. At times I felt like the author had read my mind and penned my thoughts and emotions. I was reaching for the book at every spare moment I had.
Jenne
Oct 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you've never suffered through the loss of a baby (through miscarriage, infant loss, or stillbirth) then these characters may seem totally wacko to you. But if you have been through this, then they will intrigue you. Even if you didn't have the same thoughts as some, you can relate completely. I like the way she made the characters meet in an unconventional way and told of the hardships in their lives along with the loss...the whole book wasn't about loss, just a way to get the characters toge ...more
Susan Bazzett-Griffith
There are certain topics that are rarely well portrayed in fiction, and I think the experience of having a miscarriage is one of them. This book, within a structure of a few chapters each dedicated to a different woman's stories and how they fit together, tries to tackle this subject, and I think in some cases, does an ok job, but at the same time, some of the narratives do seem forced rather than organic. I give Deanna Roy credit for writing a solid novel about a difficult topic. If it isn't pe ...more
Jennyfer
Oct 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a lovely, sensitive novel about the many ways to cope with pregnancy loss. Each character had parts which resonated deeply with me, and there was enough humour mixed with the sad subject matter to provide a healthy balance.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that although based on real women, this was in novel format, rather than a preachy, self-help book, and the happy endings are a light point to focus on while going through dark times.

(I did lose it while reading the list of angel baby n
Lora Mays
Oct 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Baby Dust” provides a unique perspective of what women go through when they lose their babies – how they struggle through the pain when no one else realizes that they ARE babies. Roy has created an emotional and unforgettable journey that exposes the hearts and feelings of women who have had a miscarriage. “Baby Dust” does not sugar coat the pain and it will leave you aching for these women that have experienced a great loss often unrecognized as that by society.

Read my full review at www.crazy
♥ Sandi ❣
Nov 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 55-favorites
Finished this book yesterday. I really enjoyed it. It is such sensitive material, but Roy expresses it so well.It is broken up into 5 parts - each part linking to the other, but still a story in itself. This author writes from first hand experience and bases each story on a combination of women she knows and has interviewed. The subject of the book is tragic, but the writing is superb...worth the read.
Oct 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
With being overly sensitive lately, I don't know why I decided to read this book right now. It was very emotional and sometimes difficult to read what these ladies were enduring after each ones loss. Don't get me wrong, it was a good story...just must be in the right mindset to read. And, if you have has a loss, be prepared for all the memories o come flooding back while reading this and after...
Chewitt84
I thought this book was pretty good. I recently lost my son at 18.5 weeks gestation. I was recommended this book through Pintrest. I could relate to the hurt, anguish, pain, guilt, and anger that the characters felt. I didn't like the endings to each woman's "story". Each of them had a happy ending. Life doesn't work out that way. I felt these endings weren't very realistic.
Christine
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is about the life's of women who have lost their baby's and the life before and after. this book is great for women that are going through this lose it show that everyone groves and acts differently .
Chrissie
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great read for anyone that has experienced the loss of a baby to miscarriage.
It's very sad in places but incredibly accurate. Having lost three to miscarriage myself, I could totally relate to this book.
Kristin
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful, emotional, heart-wrenching read. I cried a lot through this book. I have had 2 miscarriages and I could relate so well to what these ladies were going through. Well-written and engrossing, I will read it again and again.
Jennifer Van hise
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book helped me to feel "normal" as we went through some very difficult times. Tear jerker for sure!
Charis
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really surprised and impressed by how thoughtfully and sensitively this book came across. Definitely not just another work in the chick lit category.
Angela Thompson
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a heartwarming story about how different types of women, from all walks of life, deal with the loss of a child. Very emotional read for any woman who has experienced a loss.
Sarah Mains
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!

What a rollercoaster of emotions. I did not have a dry eye from start to finish. I know how these women feel I have been there myself.
Anita Kelley Harris
This is one of the best books I've read in awhile. It was very timely and appropriate for me, and so i must say that if anyone has experienced a miscarriage or stillbirth, you will totally be able to relate to this book. It's about a group of women who meet in a support group for moms who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss. It traces each woman's story and background. I couldn't put the book down and I am really grateful to the author for having written this book. I had an early miscarria ...more
Katherine
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chic-lit
This book was pretty well written, but the characters and their storylines all seemed a little stereotypical; ie. the pregnant teen who's boyfriend leaves, the career focused business woman, the step-mother who has to compete with the ex-wife and live the high-society lifestyle. I guess the book was trying to cater to an broad female demographic, but it just didn't help create realistic characters.
BonnieReads
Having dealt with pregnancy loss/miscarriage this book appealed to me to help me understand others in a similar situation. However it was quite depressing and at times the scenarios felt over fictionalised... And not realistic. More of these books are needed but we need a real account
Jenn8
Jun 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book I needed at this point in my life
5 women going through loss of children/miscarriage.
Adrienne Jenkins
Good read

I really enjoyed this book. I somehow felt peace while I read it. I think anyone that has been through this or know someone who has should read this book.
Carolyn
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though I have never been pregnant or had a miscarriage it was good to read what women go through and how they can overcome this horrible experience.
Linda
May 12, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Any book that helps a woman with pregnancy loss is worth my time. This one will appeal to some women and not others, of course, but I am grateful to add it to my library of resources.
Monica
Stephanie Laura
Feb 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Edition confusion 4 36 Sep 05, 2011 12:33PM
  • Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage, Stillbirth, and Infant Loss
  • Love, Mom: A Mother's Journey From Loss to Hope
  • Holding On
  • Waiting with Gabriel: A Story of Cherishing a Baby's Brief Life
  • Grieving the Child I Never Knew
  • Empty Cradle, Broken Heart: Surviving the Death of Your Baby
  • The Cuckoo's Gift
  • The Spellbound Spirit (The Curious Collectibles #2)
  • Amazing Adventures of a Nobody: A Life Changing Journey Across America Relying on the Kindness of Strangers
  • Hannah's Hope: Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss
  • What You Wish For
  • Compromised
  • Take a Load Off, Mona Jamborski
  • Count with Dora! (Dora the Explorer)
  • You Had Me at Merlot (Glamorous Life, #1)
  • My New Baby
  • Dancing in Heaven: A Sister's Memoir
  • Camp Utopia and the Forgiveness Diet
Deanna Roy is the six-time USA Today bestselling author of new adult, romantic suspense, and women's fiction.

She writes books under three names:
Deanna Roy with three-hanky reads in the Forever series and the Lovers Dance series.
Forever Innocent (The Forever Series, #1) by Deanna Roy Forbidden Dance (Lover's Dance, #1) by Deanna Roy

Annie Winters with romantic suspense serials, including The Vigilante's Lover
The Vigilante's Lover (The Vigilantes, #1) by Annie Winters

JJ Knight with fighter romance serials, including Uncaged Love and Fight for Her
Uncaged Love, Volume 1 (Uncaged Love, #1) by J.J. Knight Fight for Her Volume 1 (Fight for Her, #1) by J.J. Knight

Deanna
More about Deanna Roy...

“You're a survivor. Each one of you. And survivors don't have the luxury of acting like regular people. We do what we have to do to get by.” 15 likes
“Most women found that the few weeks after a miscarriage were extremely fertile, as if the body wanted to quickly rectify its mistake.” 7 likes