Start by marking “All Hallow's Eve” as Want to Read:
All Hallow's Eve

All Hallow's Eve

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  339 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
People are being martyred but not for their faith. Instead the deaths are part of a serial killer’s sick game as he chooses his victim by their name… then kills them in that Saint’s grisly manner.
Published August 28th 2011 by Off Our Meds MultiMedia (first published August 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about All Hallow's Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Hallow's Eve

Perry
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
For a free book I can't really complain, this would actually make a good film but the book just didn't really grab me in the end. Another easy short and sweet book to read which doesn't need too much thinking.
Raelene
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
All Hallows Eve Carolyn McCray

Let me start off by saying I do not typically read horror stories, I am not a big Stephen King Fan, or like slasher type movies. But this book wow! It is wonderfully suspenseful; I just could not put it down.

The story unwinds with teens who love Diana Dahmer, a male rock star whose persona is devil worshiping and his music is all about this. He made up his name from Princess Diana, and the serial killer Jeffery Dahmer. The plot unfolds around a concert to be held o
Just My Opinion
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Alice in Chains meets Alice in Wonderland with a touch of Magnum P.I."

I always hesitate with “horror” novels. It’s not my genre of choice, but if an author can make it really creepy and have characters I can believe in while simultaneously keeping me on the edge of my seat; I’ll give it a go. My husband, a long-time Stephen King fanatic, insisted I try this book and that I would love it. I didn’t know anything about it, and didn’t have high expectations but wanted to get him off my back!

“All Ha
Natalie
Oct 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was just about the most perfect book I could have read to finish off my Halloween this year. I had to get up and turn the dam lights on cause it scared the bejesus out of me that bad or good lol I'm really not sure which one, but, which ever one it was I am soooo glad I read this book. I was asked to read/review this novel and really what capture my interest right away was the cover art for the book, then it continued with the blurb for the book, that had me even more interested.

This
Jeff French
Oct 14, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm giving this book three stars, but that's probably a little generous. 2.5 would be better. It does have it's good points. It's fast paced and very easy to read. It's a relaxing read as well because it doesn't take much thought while you are reading.
It has bad points. One of the biggest is the elaborate set-ups that the killer uses. It is one person. When did the person find the time to rig up these traps? How was he able to drag the heavy cross, person attached mind you, to the area above the
Cherei
May 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
'All Hallow's Eve: The One Day it's BAD to be Good' was an excellent thriller! From the very beginning.. you quickly get wrapped up in the characters in the novel! There's a serial killer on the loose.. and it will NOT be the person you suspect from the get go. I read it on my kindle.. which is a good thing.. as it keeps me from sneaking looks at the end of a book.. to see WHO the killer is.. before finishing! lol

The first person murdered is a priest.. who's killed and crucified. After being sta
Tobyann Aparisi
May 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: to anyone who loves a really good who done it type of story
Recommended to Tobyann by: amazon
I absolutely loved this book. It had everything in it! Hold on to your seat, bite your nails, jump at every sound, laughing, crying, and sighing for young love. This book was well written and kept you guessing and cringing and nail biting the whole time. The characters were very well described and you found yourself really loving some and wanting to slap others. What a surprise ending! I did not see that one coming! That is how well this book was written, you really think it is going in one dire ...more
Meghan
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book. Great read. Characters who really pull you into their lives. Drama, anticipation, roller coaster ride of emotions ... and a few twists at the end. All I can say is that it's definitely worth the read.

And you're wondering why I gave it four stars instead of five then, huh? It's because of the two police officers. They are two main characters and, to be honest, at first I really didn't like the male. I just couldn't get behind him, care about what he had to say, especially since he was
Tabitha Ormiston-Smith
This book is well written, and its fast pace sweeps one along so quickly that one hasn't time to argue; yet after finishing it, I felt oddly unsatisfied; the basic scenario is unconvincing and, in the absence of any of the usual dei ex machinae (sparkly vampire super-powers et alia), I found I could not suspend my disbelief sufficiently. However, as we don't know the identity of the villain until right at the end, this didn't mar my enjoyment of the book during the read. Nevertheless, I do feel ...more
The Pen & Muse
If you are looking for that awesome Halloween read, then you have to read All Hallow’s Eve by Cristyn West! I’m a big fan of West with all her other books. West creates a masterpiece that takes us into the scary world of a serial killer and why he is killing people in a martyr fashion. An intelligent and horrifying read as you go through the book, you will find out why the serial killer does what he does at random. West writes horror that will keep those who love the horror genre busy with delig ...more
Christie
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book starts with the murder of Father Marcus Gonzales. Detective's Paxton and Ruth are forced to hunt down a murderer that is out to prove something. With the two detectives lives starting to intermingle together...Ruth's son and Paxton's nephew being good friends. They are out to protect their families as well as the rest of the town. Only problem, I don't think that both are prepared for what is in store.

I had no clue this was going to take the twist that it did. I was shocked by the end
Neil
Aug 27, 2013 rated it liked it
If anyone likes reading their thrillers with a dark edge to them this could be the book for you. Very well written and for the most part a believable plot line.

A serial killer is oon the loose, but even with the police closing in on him/her still manages to carry out their murders. The final setting is of many teens at a goth rock event at a mansion on an Island and the weather so bad that ships are not allowed to sail. Follow the characters as they try to evade the killer. Will they make it or
E. Bard
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: horror thriller lovers
Wow. Can you say horror thriller? It starts off with murder. And then there's ... well lots of murder. Serial killer on the loose, crime drama, a bit of teen romance thrown in. Definitely not for kids. Nope. Not at all. Nor is it for the faint of stomach. It can get descriptive. But if horror and thrillers are your thing, then this is a good one for you. (I read this last November but only got around to updating Goodreads now).
Kat
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
This played out much more like a teen slasher movie/book then an adult novel. It tried to mix adults in the teen world but it didn't really work much for me.

Thought based on the description and the cover that this would be very religious but thankfully it was not.

For my full official review please visit Shivers of Horror
Kim Jackson
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome whodunit! This book was a teen slasher/cop/suspense book. Kudos to the author! This is the first book that I have read in quite a while when the killer turned out to be someone I didn't suspect. This is a fast paced action packed thriller. This book has whet my appetite for McCray. This book provided plenty of surprises. Loved this book.
CATHERINE
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Horror fans
Fun gory fest perfect horror movie material. It has all the right elements for a good story - gothic band, crazy fans, biggest concert ever on Halloween on an isolated island, a terrible storm, a deranger killer who is murdering people based on the deaths of the saints they are called off. If you are looking for a good horror read this is a good one!
The Charmer: Lets Talk About Books
I finally finished this book, didn't know if I was gonna. I didn't like it but I made myself finish it anyway. It started out good with the priest in the church but after that I was waitin on to really get good; it never happened. This book has a lot of good reviews, but it just wasn't good to me.
Amber Adamchuk
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a deal of the day (I think) on Amazon only .99 well worth it and then some. It was a perfect read for October! I nice quick read of a twisted person or is it person's keeps you guessing on that until you see who it was.... SHOCKED... that is what I was :)

As a youngster I loved R.LStine and this reminds me of him...
Stephanie Miranda
This was an amazing book! The whole story had me believing that I was oh so smart for having figured out who the murderer was before the rest of the characters when I realized that I could never have been more wrong!!! The whole thing captured me and I couldn't set this book down until I had finished it. Its amazing!
Mindy/fangedmom
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.I don't do much horror anymore but this book had an incredible story line with a shock factor. I HIGHLY suggest reading this book if you like horror. This is better than Stephen King horror...this is not just all killing. This book really helps you know the characters!!

Also the LAST book I read of 2011!!
Melissa
Oct 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012, kindle
This story reminds me of Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer and possibly any other teen slasher flick I've watched which makes it a perfect October book. Every horror movie cliche you imagine has been included and it works. This book was included in a Kindle bundle of McCray's work and it was definitely worth 99 cents. I'm looking forward to reading the other books in the collection.
Jane Gehr
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
I found this hard to believe, with shallow characterizations, and I had the killer pegged pretty early on. If you like slasher stories, this book is for you. Just wasn't to my liking. (I read a Kindle version, with author listed as Carolyn McCray, and it had quite a few typos. Drives me nuts!)
Sierra
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
A quick and easy read. I was really into the story until the end of the mansion scenes. I couldn't wait for the story to end!How could an ending go oh sooo wrong?? I actually give this book 2.5 stars.
Bob
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, horror, occult
This book is a teenage slasher movie in book form. A group of teenagers stuck in an isolated old mansion for a halloween concert being picked off one by one by a masked killer. Trite. Over done. Predictable. But i like those movies and i rather liked this book as well, in spite of its faults.
Sierra
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
wonderfully suspenseful! could not put it down, even with my toddler trying to tug the kindle out of my hands. Carolyn McCray uses colorfully descriptive words to depict a nightmare come to life one Halloween night when a maniac stalks an entire concert full of demonic worshiping teens.
AnnMarie
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The plot was believable and the gore wasn't just there for the sake of it. It really worked within the plot.
Tina
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, mystery
More on the horror side than I care for usually. Well written with good characters. Keeps you wondering what will happen next.
Brad T.
Mar 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Action packed. Not a believable story but a fun one
AH
May 30, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle-freebies, own
Kindle free download 5/30/12.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Author wrong? 4 25 Aug 03, 2012 11:59AM
  • Dark Lullaby (Harbinger Mystery, #1.4)
  • My Clockwork Muse (The Poe Files Mysteries)
  • Thirteen (Dark Carousel, #0.5)
  • Nemesis: The Death of Timmy Quinn
  • Monsters (The Bloodless, #1)
  • Nightmarescape
  • Apparition
  • From Manhattan with Love (Fifth Avenue #3)
  • The Complex
  • Ghost College (The Ghost Files, #1)
  • Children of Chaos
I find catching serial killers (on paper of course), well... fun.

Do you really need to know anything more about me?

Ok, fine, I am also a veterinarian (for real, not just in my own head like the serial killer thing) and I find the thought of having a romance with a homo chiroptera pretty hot.

See? I told you, you didn't want to know anything else!

For the holidays I am giving away my Patterson-style