Start by marking “We All Go Traveling By (Sing Along With Fred Penner)” as Want to Read:
We All Go Traveling By (Sing Along With Fred Penner)

We All Go Traveling By (Sing Along With Fred Penner)

This rhythmic I-spy journey to school through various landscapes is the perfect introduction to colors, modes of transport, and of course, music! The jaunty text, Siobhan Bell s colorful hand-stitched illustrations and the accompanying Music CD by popular singer Fred Penner are sure to get children singing along happily. The I-Spy theme encourages reader/listener ...more
Paperback, with CD (Audio), 24 pages
Published March 1st 2005 by Barefoot Books (first published March 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about We All Go Traveling By, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We All Go Traveling By

Start your review of We All Go Traveling By (Sing Along With Fred Penner)
Rosa Cline
I'm not sure if there is a song by this title or not, but the way this book is written it appears that it 'could' be a song. Each page is repeatative lines from the pages before only adding another form of transportation. As each form of transportation is introduced so is the noise it makes, like a plane goes vroom, bike goes ring ring, etc. A beginning reader could easily learn to read this book over a period of time since so much of it is repeatative. About half way through my 4 year old ...more
Jon Mowjoudi
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An engaging and thoroughly enjoyable way of encouraging young children to use onomatopoeia and expressive language. Simply written and charmingly illustrated, I have found this book to be a great accompaniment to helping children with communication difficulties learn connections with colours, sounds and transport - because of it's simple nature it can be effectively used with PECS to create sentences such as "I see yellow school bus" or with the audio book edition (beware the catchy tune - it ...more
Helen
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
The book I read most to my sons when they were growing up. We had so much fun with the rhythm of the story but mostly them remembering not only the items but the colours and sounds they made. I always smile when I see this book on my bookshelf and every now and again, we pull it out again for a quick fun read together.
Laura Quigg
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: songs
This book is a best seller and is appropriate for pre-k/k age range. This book focuses on the fun childhood game of I spy, and the children are picking out different vehicles on the way to school to a very upbeat tune. This is a very catchy song which will be helpful for children of a younger age, I personally thought it was very cute and would definitely play it in my classroom. I also think that this book would work well if there is a "vehicle" or "transportation" theme of the week.
Peacegal
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Unusual little book with eye-catching illustrations. No Fred Penner in this book, unfortunately, as I used to love his 80s TV show.
Emkoshka
Read with my Turkish host family's children. A cute sing-a-long book where kids can make the transport sounds as you read.
Janna Huyler collins
We got this from the library and it came with a CD. Fun song and sound effects, my two year old grandson loved it.
Kyrie Mendonca
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Early Childhood Teachers and Parents
This story is wonderful for introducing students to different modes of transportation. The repetitive, I spy and I hear phrases helps children to learn about how they use their sense of sight and hearing. In the story all the modes of transportation have alliteration and rhyme to describe the sounds the vehicles make. Also, each vehicle is described with rich adjectives and color words. The story builds vocabulary and helps children learn color words.
Anna Johnson
A great focus on introducing and reinforcing colors, different modes of transportation that encourages listening skills when used with the CD. The CD is the words from the book transformed into a song. The book is also great for classroom management with a focus on: I spy with my litte eye, You can hear with your little ear. Which leads children to understand about using listening ears and looking eyes. This would also be a great story for the flannel board or story theatre.
Caitlin Sanocki
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: transportation
This book is great for teaching children about different ways of transportation. It is also a song so you can sing along if you would like to. The rhyming in this book is well put together. The vocabulary is a great conversation starter and will open up opportunities for the kids to learn more about transportation.
Kristin
Jan 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
We all go traveling by is a great book for memorization. The students in my kindergarten placement loved reading this book. I made the reading lesson more interesting by allowing the students to create their own headbands of the different characters that appear in the story. When it was their particular part of the story, the students would act out their parts and show off their headbands.
Sharmin
Jan 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is so much fun to read because it is a song as well! You can play so many different hands on activities/games with your children. It teaches all about the different types of transportation. It is also great for learning about numbers!
Marci
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
My son LOVED this book...one of the few that he'll actually hold still, sit down, and listen to the entire thing. Of course we made lots of sound effects with all of the vehicles and such, but that made it even more fun!!
Ashley Correll
Jan 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is an amazing book! It also comes with a sing-a-long CD. it is about all different kinds of transportation and the sounds they make. For example: A yellow school bus goes beep-beep-beep! Also, it is great for learning colors as well!
Jeani
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute and my 3 year old LOVED LOVED LOVED it. Great for colors, sounds, rhyming. Really fun.
Jeannie Parker
May 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is fun and has a certain rhythm with it. Predictions can be made from the pictures. Good book for teaching transportation.
Siskiyou-Suzy
May 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
A very catchy song. There's a lot of praise here, and I'm sure children enjoy the book, but I do think it's a little boring. The artwork isn't totally my thing either.
Ashley Levan
Apr 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A fun read-a-loud that has music to go along with it. It can teach children colors, different modes of transportation and sequencing.
Christine Grant
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is an awesome storytime read.
Katy
Used in Storytime 9/22/16
Sharon
Jan 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
With or without the dvd, it's a great interactive for young students. Be creative; have fun with it.
Sophia
Jan 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a very engaging book that has a tune along with it. It talks about the different vehicles and transportation around us to introduce to children. Has a CD as well.
Apr 04, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A good choice for a noisy storytime about transportation.
Nicol
Jul 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books, own
Love this book! Very catchy, but of course any books by published by Barefoot Books are very well done! Great pictures!
Phil
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book with song on CD. My preschool kiddos at the school love this! We sing it all the time.
Julian
Aug 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sing-along
One of my favorite books and it comes with the cd for great class sing alongs. This book is also great for sequencing activities.
Vanda
May 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kidsbooks
Another awesome book published by Barefoot Books and sung by Fred Penner. Great for any kids who love to make noises!
Susan
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books, audio
The song is super cute.
K
Jan 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I wish it didn't end with them going to school.

• Walking Through the Jungle
  • The Rainbow Fish
  • The Animal Boogie
  • The Little Engine That Could
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • You Are (Not) Small