Start by marking “Aran Knits: 23 Contemporary Designs Using Classic Cable Patterns” as Want to Read:
Aran Knits: 23 Contemporary Designs Using Classic Cable Patterns

Aran Knits: 23 Contemporary Designs Using Classic Cable Patterns

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Gorgeous cable knits with a contempoary twist

Cables and other traditional Aran patterns are perennially popular with knitters, as not only do they look great but they are interesting patterns to knit. Well-known Rowan Yarn designer Martin Storey adds a modern twist to these classic patterns in this beautifully photographed collection of desirable wearables and accessories.
Published January 31st 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Aran Knits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aran Knits

Catherine
This book is beautiful to look at.The projects are gorgeous.
Tonileg
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: knitting-crafts
This is a collection of 23 knits with medium Aran yarn with lots of cables, bobbles and fancy stitches. Patterns do hats, ladies and men's sweaters and vests and fingerless gloves.
Very pretty handknits with simple (ish) written patterns and no charts (if you like that style of pattern reading). I really liked the Hamish cabled bob style hat, but that is the only one that I would knit up. The pictures are beautiful and clear to help the knitter, but the patterns are too boring.
136 pages and borro
Sara
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very interesting patterns and I like three of them very much. The book seems oddly produced. The photos are not printed on glossy paper and the book seems more like an independent production than a professional Rowan book - but I like the patterns and the written instructions seem clear. Oddly, the patterns do not seem to be charted and I am used to Aran patterns using charts. I will bet that there are people who object to that omission. I also hope that these patterns get added into ravelry. Ro ...more
Emily
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure what possessed me to buy an aran knitting book in the middle of summer. I love the style of aran, and I liked a few of the patterns, but I think I like the idea of me knitting aran more than anything else. Sadly, none of these patterns do I absolutely love in the "MUST MAKE THIS NOW" sense. Instead, I got distracted by "Metropolitan Knits" - a pattern book I totally adored and immediately started knitting out of.
Joyce
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Beautiful project book, but no charts! Undertaking these beautiful cabled patterns is a daunting task when there are no charts included. I do love almost every project in the book though so one day soon I will get courageous and begin.
Ainslie
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
This book was enjoyable to browse through, but when I looked closely at the patterns I thought I might knit, the sizes and shapes weren't for me. I love some of the actual cable patterns though, and might incorporate them into other projects.
Chrissy
Oct 19, 2013 added it
Shelves: knit
I thought I might find a project for my Sweet Pea in this book but I didn't see any pattern I was crazy about. The sleeves are all too batwing/kimono-y for my taste.
Kerry
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have got to get myself a copy of this book!
Ali
berry headband
adair shrug: cables
Kayleen Lawrence
I like this very much. I haven' ventured into making anything from this book just yet but I feel its only a matter of time now.
Melissa
Sep 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I can't actually knit. I just love to look at the pictures and dream of getting one of my knitting friends to make me a sweater or two from this book.
Sandy
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
23 contemporary knitting designs using classic cable patterns. Excellent! I will knit at least 4 of the sweaters in this book. Great record for a pattern book.
Amber Adkins
Fernanda
Apr 18, 2017
Mckinley
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Liked many, but not wide sleeves. Might come back to later.
Katecrafts