Start by marking “One in a Million \ A Dad for Her Twins” as Want to Read:
One in a Million \ A Dad for Her Twins

One in a Million \ A Dad for Her Twins

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  866 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
One in a million—that's what widow Stephanie Wynne figured her chances were of finding a man who could help her raise her kids instead of acting like one himself. After experiencing that with her late husband, she was happy to finally be in control of her own life. Sure, it could get a little lonely, but there were ways around that….

FBI negotiator Nash Harmon was trained t
Published February 28th 2012 by Harlequin (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about One in a Million \ A Dad for Her Twins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One in a Million \ A Dad for Her Twins

Gail
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
This is a "two-in-one" book, with two novels in it-- both of them romances with the single mom of twins as the heroine. In the Susan Mallery book, the hero is an FBI negotiator who has been ordered on vacation by his boss and maneuvered into a visit to California by his twin brother who wants him to meet all their half brothers. Apparently dad was married multiple times and well, backstory. The hero has other issues involving his dead wife. The heroine has three sons-- an older boy and twins. He ...more
Anna
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nice story and I enjoyed it, but the relationship started a little to quickly and the story itself was short. It's definitely a quick read.
Melissa
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kate McMurry
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kindle re-issue of two romances about single-mothers with twins

I hadn't read either of these authors before and discovered them through a link recommendation on Amazon. This is a Kindle edition, "two-for" deal. Susan Mallery's One in a Million was originally published in 2003, and A Dad for Her Twins by Tanya Michaels was originally published in 2008. This Kindle edition is well formatted and edited.

In One in a Million, 33-year-old widow, Stephanie Wynne, has kept a secret from her eight-year-ol
Carol Rankin
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One in a Million

A terrific story. Lots of surprises with action galore. The surprises included lots of love. The characters were very convincing.
Sally Kilpatrick
Feb 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Gotta respect a book that starts with a frazzled mom and a broken washer. Mallery's book stars a widow and a widower, both of whom have been emotionally damaged as much by their former spouses as by their respective deaths. Stephanie, mother of three, is still trying to hold her bed and breakfast together and thoroughly convinced she doesn't need another man in her life because he'd be a fourth kid instead of a partner. Nash, an FBI negotiator, is in town to meet a long-lost family he isn't even ...more
Darcy
Mar 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, romance
I was shocked when I picked up this book from the library, it was over 500 pages, not usual for a Mallery book. At closer look I realized it was an old Mallery book, along with a bonus book by an author that I hadn't read, what a great surprise!

The Mallery book was sweet. I loved the craziness of the new found extended family. All of the brothers had such and easy going nature to welcome in all of these surprise siblings, it was nice. I also really liked that they all were concerned about turnin
steph
Both these books were cute. I was having a blue day yesterday and I needed something to not only distract me, but also put a smile on my face and both these two stories delivered in that aspect.

-:-
One in a Million by Susan Mallery.

3 stars.

+ Cute concept. FBI agent ordered to take a vacation. Goes to meet the half siblings he never knew. Stays at single mother of three boys B&B. He's the only guest. You can guess the rest.
+ The characters were good. I like how Nash connected to Stephanie's t
Josephine
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
3 stars for One in a Million by Susan Mallery
I didn't enjoy Nash's story as much as I did his twin's, Completely Smitten. The HEA happened after a very short period of time and while I thought that Nash and Stephanie showed great relationship development during that time, I wasn't entirely sure I bought into the marriage proposal. The children were realistically portrayed and I enjoyed seeing the dynamics between them and Nash. I wish there had been more of Kevin and Haley. My biggest was that t
JoAnne
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, two-books
I really enjoyed both of these books. In One, widow Stephanie Wynne runs a B&B. Nash Harmon is staying there while in town to meet some half-brothers and a half-sister he and his twin brother never knew. He is on a mandatory vacation from the FBI. He is attracted to Stephanie and it surprises him because he has not felt that way towards a woman since his wife was killed. Will he act on these feelings? Will Stephanie feel the same way?

In A Dad, Kenzie and her nine year old twins are moving to
Jessica
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review pertains only to One In A Million. I haven't yet read Tanya Michaels' story, the second in this omnibus edition.

Single mom Stephanie Wynne and widowed Nash Harmon are at the center of this Susan Mallery romance. She gives them a quintessentially cute how we met: he stays at the b&b she runs. As with any good single parent story, Nash develops a sweet relationship with each of her three sons as well as having bonded with her.

Though I keep forgetting, these omnibus edition stories
Jenn Cunha
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Two books, so two reviews.

One in a Million is everything I love about Susan Mallery. I loved the description of the B&B and I love the giant family that built because the dad was such a womanizer. I'm going to have to do some research and find the rest of the family's books.

A Dad for her Twins would only get 3 stars. It seemed a little disjointed to me. I needed more information about the sister and Mrs. Sanchez. I wanted to hear more about Seth and about the relationship with Mick. I did en
Harman
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
OMG! How does this woman write so many books and not have one that I ultimately hate? Sure there are some that disappointed me, but I've never had one that didn't make me smile or race to finish it. I didn't really like the setting of the B&B in this book. Come on? Really? Otherwise I loved the story. I loved how at the end Nash came back with a huge entrance. In a helicopter! I wish he had gotten down on one knee and had a ring and all that when he proposed, but I guess not all wishes come ...more
Julie Eichelberger-Ford
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Two great stories combined under one cover. One cherished author to me, Susan Mallery and one new to me author, Tanya Michaels. Both stories are similar in nature, they involve single mothers with twins and widowed men who are trying to get over the trauma of losing their wives in unexpected ways. In both stories the children play key roles in drawing the couples together. Both stories are excellently written and filled with love, laughs and a little bit of sorrow.
Amy
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Both of these stories were wonderful. Tanya Michaels was a wonderful surprise. I like it when the handsome men turn out to be vulnerable just like the rest of us. The kids in each story were wonderful comic relief in some instances and I could relate to their feelings a time or two myself. I look forward to reading more of Tanya's stories in the future.
Book  Guardian
Apr 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: airplane
I liked the Susan Mallery book a lot more than the other one. To echo other reviewers, two books about single moms that seem kind of alike in premise was maybe one too many. I read it on the airplane and honestly didn't finish...and I'm not the non-finish type of girl. Although I thought the details in the SM book were further out of reality, I like her style of writing better.
Char (1RadReader59)
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed both stories but I have to say I enjoyed the first story the best. This was the first story from Tantamount Michaels although it was slow at times the story was one I could relate to in some ways. I loved Kenzies sister Ann & JT's friend Sean. Would like to read a story about him. More carefree. As for JT who was depressed for a lot of the story. In the end a good book.
Michelle
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty good. I don't think I'll be as big a fan of hers as I am of Jill Shalvis, Kristan Higgins, or Susan Elizabeth Phillips, but certainly as good an escape as any. I think single moms would really appreciate her books more than I would, if these two stories are any indication of what she normally writes about.
Just - The romance reader
Both (One In A Million & A Dad For Her Twins) were very enjoyable reads. One In A Million had some definite steamy scenes, Susan Mallery impressed me with those, wasn't expecting so much steam from her. My favorite of the two novellas was A Dad For Her Twins.
Gayle
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
I only read One In a Million as the second novella (A Dad for Her Twins) was not written by Susan Mallery). But One In a Million was the usual perfect delish Susan Mallery. Golly gosh, I could just read her forever!
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did not realize that this was two books in one. Greatly enjoyed "One in a Million." Well-balanced writing. "A Dad for Her Twins" was slightly more stilted, but perhaps it was because they were paired, so you could see the similarities in story-line.
Lori Morse
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amazingly parallel to my own life--the husband, the first child's name, I could see a lot of my own experience in Stephanie. Now I'm just hoping that a tall, dark and handsome person comes into my life....
HÜLYA
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Cok güzeldi okurken cok duygulandim.
Rhonda
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed both books.
Beth Owens
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good story all around, very engaging and always a happy ending. Makes you believe that there are men out there that are actually willing to do their part.
Cara
Mar 19, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it. Not sure why exactly I'm not giving it a four. I guess it just doesn't seem as rounded as I'd like.
Maydevone
Mar 13, 2013 marked it as to-read
It is a very good book so far.
Marnie
Mar 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Wouldn't we all like a happily ever after in our lives? Enjoyable easy romance read.
Mia
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great book !
Katie
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Very sweet book
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Where There's a Will (The Wacky Women, #3)
  • Almost Home (Chesapeake Diaries #3)
  • Oceans Between Us (A Cinderella Romance)
  • There and Now / Marriage at Circle M (includes: Beyond the Threshold, #1)
  • The Marriage Agreement (Bravo Family, #7) (Conveniently Yours, #7)
  • Carly Phillips's Simply Series Bundle
  • The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Return to Summer Island
  • A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance
  • Escorts and Thieves
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Strength: Close Call / Built To Last / Find The Way
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • The Cowboy Lawman (Cooper Creek, #5)
  • An Unlikely Match (Chatam House, #4)
  • A Boyfriend Before Christmas
  • Home to Stay
  • The Doctor's Christmas
  • One More Summer
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)