Start by marking “Discipleship : Living for Christ in the Daily Grind” as Want to Read:
Discipleship : Living for Christ in the Daily Grind

Discipleship : Living for Christ in the Daily Grind

A compilation of letters and writings from a pastor, counseling those who want to live a life of Christian Discipleship. Free .prc for Kindle & .epub versions on this site.
Kindle Edition, Expanded 2011 edition, 298 pages
Published August 24th 2011 by The Plough Publishing House (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Discipleship , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discipleship

Start your review of Discipleship : Living for Christ in the Daily Grind
Forrest Schultz
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Scriptural Meaning And The Practical Living Of Christian Discipleship

J. Heinrich Arnold Discipleship (Expanded Edition) [Plough, 2013]

311 pp $12.47 ISBN: 978-0874868760

Reviewer: Forrest Schultz

This book is a collection of the author's writings, many of them letters (which are so indicated). Surprisingly, there is no indication of the source of the portions which are not letters. The topics are very wide ranging, covering just about everything, wh
Julius
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J. Heinrich Arnold's Discipleship: Living for Christ in the Daily Grind is a book for which I've longed for nearly twenty years. Discipleship is much in the tradition of Christoph Blumhardt, Karl Barth and Dietrich Bonhoeffer for its biblical sophistication and radical vision of God's command in Jesus Christ and of our obedience to that command.

Make no doubt about it, though, Discipleship is challenging. Being a dedicated follower of Jesus Christ in our culture is almost a laughable
5greenway
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another one of those silly-to-rate books. Compelling and challenging stuff. Always insights worth having, even in a passage that at first seems a little unpromising.
Jalynn Patterson
About the Book:

About the Author:

J. Heinrich Arnold(1913-1982)

Heini Arnold was a author and pastor of the Bruderhof, a communal movement started in Germany by his father, Eberhard Arnold. For more on Heini Arnold, visit http://www.heiniarnold.com.

In his words:

What a great gift it would be if we could see a little of the great vision of Jesus - if w
Nancy
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thoughts on Living as a Disciple of Christ

J. Heinrich Arnold grew up in a small Christian community in Sanerz, Germany and eventually became a leader of the community. This small group tried to live on the basis of Acts 2 and 4 and the Sermon on the Mount. As a leader of the community in later life, Arnold was asked to address many problems of spiritual life and community living. His writings on these topics form the basis of this book.

The writings are divided into three sections: T
Loraine Alcorn
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Welcome to my review for Discipleship by J Heinrich Arnold Living for Christ in the Daily Grind .
This book is like a study Devotional. it is set up like a scrapbook of inspirational sections of letters and sermons from J Heinrich Arnold.

It is like a devotional because you can read the authors advice that was given to each person or through a sermon and it comes together nicely .

Their are a lot of these in this book and sometimes you might find them to be a bit harsh as I did, but t/>

Christian Proano
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is great!
Admittedly one cannot agree with all the author wrote. But that is true with almost every book. Before the ending chapers his views are explicitly expressed in what we can call 'non-calvinistic' terms. Yet he does a great job in challenging and encouraging the reader to allign to the heart of God and walk closer to Jesus and His will, perhaps it may even help the reader to break some molds in current churchianity that has the faith captive. Because of his views I would re
Denise DiFalco
Mar 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book by J Heinrich Arnold entitled "Discipleship, Living for Christ in the Daily Grind". Many of my personal questions were answered regarding different scriptures and what they meant. One example being where Jesus states that '"anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me"'. Arnold plainly explains that those of us who get caught up with the drama brought on by family life whereby we lose sight of the Holy Spirit and the pure love of Christ. Thi ...more
J. Ewbank
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-good-read, religion
This is a book about discipleship which the title states. It is a difficult book because Arnold does not sugar coat any elements of discipleship, making them easier than they really are. He tried to keep his group in line with the scrilptures and early Christian church. He handles experiences and questions that are difficult but handles them undoubtedlly after much prayer and experience. It is indeed refreshing to find a Christian group tring to live in this way.

J. Robert Ewbank auth
Joan
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is not a book one would read through, cover to cover. It is a collection of writings organized under subjects. There are real zingers in among them. Arnold was part of a community trying to live out the relationships seen in Acts 2 and 4. Some of the writings may be foreign to contemporary Christians. One could read the writings under a heading or a Scripture index is included.
See my complete review at http://bit.ly/1yNy3d5.
I received a complimentary copy of this book through Handlebar for the purpose o
Andrew
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read very little that is untrustworthy and true from the Bruderhof community. Plough Publishing produce some excellent stuff.
Eberhard Arnold
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The latest Kindle edition is free from the Publisher's website. A VERY challenging book for Christians. I had to read it slowly & prayerfully.
Philip