Start by marking “Twisted Justice (Justice, # 2)” as Want to Read:
Twisted Justice (Justice, # 2)

Twisted Justice

(Justice #2)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  267 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Tampa’s most charismatic Federal Judge, Wilhelmina Carson, returns in another fast-paced novel of mystery and suspense. War hero General Randall Andrews has been nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court and George Carson leads the fight to defeat him. When Andrews is found shot to death in his Tampa home, George is arrested for murder and Willa pulls out all the stops to free h ...more
Published January 14th 2013 by StoneGate Ink (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Twisted Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twisted Justice

Lisa Johnson
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: diane-capri
Title: Twisted Justice (The Hunt for Justice #2)
Author: Diane Capri
Pages: 528
Year: 2016
Publisher: AugustBooks
My rating 4 out of 5 stars.
Willa Carson is the main character in this story. She is a federal judge and married to an entrepreneur who runs a 5-star restaurant in Tampa, Florida. The story is quite interesting as it deals with a Supreme Court nomination, a retired general, murder and her court caseload. The intricacies of the novel really kept me in suspense as Willa’s husband is accused
Teresa
Sep 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Hard, hard time finishing this book, and I only finished it because I am not a quitter, I bought the book, and I was mildly curious how it was going to end. Too much detail, way too slow, no drama, no thrill, and pretty boring. I have read far better books by Diane Capri. Not recommending this book to anyone.
Renée Mee
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Took too long to tell and so much rambling democrats versus republicans rather then plot. Very slow all filler and no content.not one of her best.
Renee Mihld
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Hunt for Justice Series. Judge Wilhelmina Carson lives with her husband George on Plant Key Island in Florida. As in each book of the series, Wilhelmina “Willa” Carson uses her knowledge and power as a Judge to investigate crimes. This is often against the rules, and could be considered obstruction of justice, which could impeach her from her life appointment to the bench.

Twisted Justice starts when a controversial friend of Georges is nominated by the President of
Quillracer
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
I wasn’t impressed by the first book in this series but thought I’d give the author another chance to win my interest. Sadly, she didn’t.

The event that drives the plot in this book doesn’t happen until 175 pages into this 500+ page book. That’s too late. Ninety percent of what goes before is stage setting that probably could have been done in under 100 pages because most of it merely shows us how wealthy and connected Willa and her husband are.

Many pages throughout the book are filled with Willa
Terrie
Sep 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
The first in this series about Tampa judge Willa Carson was okay - she worked to solve a murder mystery involving her sister. In this one her husband is accused of murder. (is the next book going to be with her mother accused????) I have 2 main complaints - WAY too much repetition of basic background info from the first book - I would swear the exact same sentences were used. Then this turns into my least favorite type of book.......lots of whining and angst about a relationship. Just talk to ea ...more
Roxanne Loveday
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Formerly George's Game - Now Twisted Justice

In Twisted Justice, a retired General is found dead just before the final vote to approve his nomination to the Supreme Court. Willa's husband, George had been campaigning hard to see that the nomination doesn't happen. When his gun is proved to be the murder weapon, George refuses to provide an alibi because he had promised to keep his meeting a secret and he is arrested for the murder. Willa hires the best lawyer around and starts to investigate on h
Marti
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Usually when I go to write a review of a book, it has been rated higher than I would rank it, but this time I agree. It turned out to be better than I thought it would be. I take exception to Judge Willa smoking cigars--don't think that enhances her image any. A former General is about to be appointed as a Supreme Court Justice, but there are some objectors, and the General gets assassinated. It seems that it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Willa's husband George is accused, since it was ...more
Bill Kuhlemeier
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have read and enjoyed all of Diane Capri's Jack Reacher realated books and was happy to have a chance to read about another set of interesting characters in this book. This is not the first book in this series and I did not feel like I was missing out on anything for not having read the others that came before it. I do look forward to reading the others. The main character, Willa Carson is a tough federal judge and her husband is accused of murder in a very high stakes political scenario. Her ...more
Bob Ely
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The first thing is that the book I read was titled "Twisted Justice". The description is the same. It was not a bad book, easy to put down after a couple of chapters. I have read a couple of others by this author, but I was disappointed by the main character in the way she acted at times. I can only imagine what it would be like to have a loved one charged with murder, but to do some of the things she did and act the way she did, turned me off. I don't know how she remained a judge, except for a ...more
Pat
May 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
My first read in this series and will probably be my last. Well written and plot development was good, BUT it was actually toooo realistic about the DEALS that go down in our judicial and political arenas. Diane is a lawyer so I know she knows her "stuff", but the twists (actually a very appropriate title) as the story draws to a close reinforce my contempt for politicians in general and certain judges. No spoilers, but I was left with a very bad taste in my mouth!
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
Another great Judge Willa Carson mystery. Diane Capri is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. Willa and George are a well-suited couple and the way she manages to solve even tough cases (and all of the ones she solves are tough) has just the right amount of edge of your seat drama and cunning personal insight to make the story believable. I enjoyed this and will be looking for other Judge Willa Carson books to read. Not for the faint-hearted, but no graphic sex/violence either.
Mary Sweeney
An interesting book about the judicial system and government workings which I found both interesting and disgusting as to how some officials handle their difficulties and disagreements. However, the story of Judge Carson and her husband's being charged with a murder was a portion of this novel which I enjoyed as she set out to find the real killer. I have read other books by this author and her writing is exceptional and would highly recommend you reading them.
Louise Pledge
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Although I liked the main character, her morals, ethics and loyalty, I wasn't loving the book enough to be eager to pick it up and start reading again. Seemed to take forever to finish. Rounding off 3 1/2 stars to give it a 4.
Yvonna
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I realize that not everyone who is guilty gets punished, but the ending didn't seem true. An anonymous phone call to the press would have possibly taken care of the guilty. and Willa's marital problems during the course of the book frustrated me to no end.
Martha
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this book and this character. She doesn't follow all the rules and has a quirky sense of humor. She's also very human. I think that the Tampa references helped push this book from a 3 to a near 4 for me. I will look for more books by this author. Pretty good mystery as well.
Hope R
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it
The marriage in this novel was so romanticized it was difficult to believe, but there were elements that kept this novel going. The writing, plot and movement were all compelling enough that I'll try another novel in this series. There is hope with reservations for the series.
Don Paske
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Probably more like 3 1/2 stars. It was a good story with decent character development. I'm a little disappointed in the writing skill. Ms Capri likes to use fragmented sentences. I wouldn't complain if this was in dialogue, but I do get upset when it isn't.
Shawn Clark
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Well look for more books by Diane Capri. Couldnt put it down once I started it. Thank you goodreads and Diane
Patricia Hill
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can't put it down

I liked this book. It kept me engaged. Lots of twists and turns. It was a little disappointing that justice wasn't served.
Gus Philpott
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fast-moving thriller with lots of good twists.
CF DelGuidice
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A story to,unravel

A good story but one the reader could not try to help ravel because the pieces had to be disclosed through the story
Sherry
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
TWISTED JUSTICE IS ANOTHER CAPTIVATING PAGE TURNER FROM DIANE CAPRI THAT WILL KEEP YOUR ATTENTION. YOU WILL BE RIGHT THERE WITH WILLA AND GEORGE - HIGHLY RECOMMEND
Susan Clack
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Better story and character development than first book of series. Continues to be a fast read. Consider for escape book.
Roger
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first Willa Carson novel. A captivating mystery storyline, repeat characters that you're already invested in make this a can't put down novel.
Dick Wilkin
Aug 29, 2017
Lyn Tickle
Jun 06, 2016
How well do you know your true love? 1 2 Feb 10, 2012 09:12PM
  • Blood Rite (A Maggie Devereaux Mystery, #2)
  • Sudden Death
  • Blood Country (Claire Watkins, #1)
  • Death Reins In (Horse Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • The Risk of Infidelity Index: Vincent Calvino, an American P.I. in Bangkok
  • Crack-Up
  • Catch Her If You Can (Samantha Spade #3)
  • Choke on Your Lies
  • Darkscope
  • Guns of Seneca 6 (Guns of Seneca 6, #1)
  • Telling Lies (Laurel and Helen New York Mystery #1)
  • The Charlestown Connection
  • Hellbender
  • Big Easy
  • As the Crow Dies ("Jason Crow" West Texas Mystery, #1)
  • 4 Gigs of Trouble
  • One Hand Killing (An Alex Sullivan Zen Mystery #1)
  • Deadly Blessings (An Alex St. James Mystery #1)
Bestselling author Diane Capri is a recovering lawyer. She’s a snowbird who divides her time between Florida and Michigan. An active member of Mystery Writers of America, Author’s Guild, International Thriller Writers, and Sisters in Crime, she loves to hear from readers and is hard at work on her next novel.

Connect with her online:
Twitter: http://twitter.com/@DianeCapri
Facebook: https://www.faceb

Justice (10 books)
  • Due Justice (Justice, #1)
  • Secret Justice (Justice, #3)
  • Wasted Justice (Justice, #4)
  • Raw Justice (Justice, #5)
  • Mistaken Justice (Justice, #6)
  • Cold Justice (Justice, #7)
  • False Justice: A Judge Willa Carson Mystery (The Hunt for Justice Series Book 8)
  • Fair Justice: A Judge Willa Carson Mystery (The Hunt for Justice Series Book 9)
  • True Justice: A Judge Willa Carson Mystery (The Hunt for Justice Series, #10)
“Everybody loves somebody sometime, but no one is loved by everyone all the time. Thomas” 0 likes