Start by marking “Accepting His Animal (Wolves of Stone Ridge #3)” as Want to Read:
Accepting His Animal (Wolves of Stone Ridge #3)

Accepting His Animal

(Wolves of Stone Ridge #3)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  1,144 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Doctor Gordon Digby came to Stone Ridge to help rescued shifters heal from their time abused by poachers. Finding a mate wasn’t even a blip on his radar. Fate throws a wrench in his plans in the form of sexy tiger shifter Grady Stryker. The man sets Gordon’s blood on fire and scrambles his senses. But Grady’s a detective, and the good doctor has secrets he doesn’t want rev ...more
Published October 15th 2011 by Extasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Accepting His Animal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accepting His Animal

Serena Yates
Sep 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, shifters, read-2017
This is one of the more creative shifter stories I have come across. While the first two books in this series focus on more "traditional" werewolf/human couples in Stone Ridge, this volume picks more unusual animal counterparts. Since the town is known as a shifter refuge of sorts, I look forward to more inventive pairings like this. A tiger shifter isn’t all that unusual, but his mate (as you can see from the cover) is from such a rare species that even most shifters are surprised to find out a ...more
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

This is probably my favorite of the series so far. I like the uniqueness of the shifters this time especially the combo they make. An elephant and a tiger would not be my first guess as to mates but these two were cute because Gordon wasn't perfect.

He's a far cry from the usual totally physically fit guy because his animal requires him to be fatty around the middle. I found that adorable. I also liked the fact Gordon was still emotionally traumatized by his past and how Grady was patien
Ter
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Only have one question: How soon till book #4??
Phaney
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2011 Review:

Ah, it ends on a cliff-hanger for the next volume. Damnation!
Starting from the back here, I am interested in seeing the next book unfold. I already like the submissive half and the other guy is decent too.

Alright, now about this book.

Time is weird in this one. So Gordon is almost two-hundred years old but he remembers going to High School? And he was sold to a research lab as a teenager? And the police busted the place? In North America, two-hundred or so years ago? Really? Well, I u
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Notes:

What is with shifter books and the name Declan? I'd never even heard of it until I started reading then and I still haven't ever heard of a person in the real world with that name. I know I'm going to get comments saying, "I've known five," but I think it's still an uncommon name, at least in the US where most of these books takes place.

Cool that he's a little overweight.

Pretty awful to run a background check on your true mate, at least without telling him.

"Lie" is not the past tense of
Candice
2nd Reading April 2015

First Read Dec. 18th 2013
3.5 Stars

I LOVED Grady and Gordon :) An elephant?! Are you kidding me right now?

I liked how Gordon was so skittish about mating, but when it came down to it he just went with it.

What happened with (view spoiler)

There were a lot of errors in this one and switched names. It was hard at times to follow because a name would be messed up and I would have to read that part again
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Much like Stormy Glenn, Charlie Richards infuses her stories with just enough intrigue and endearing romance to make it possible for to me overlook bad writing. Not great, but a pleasant way to pass the time if you're in the mood for some sappy m/m shifter fun. Be warned that Richards sucks at dirty talk. The sex scenes can be a little awkward at times.
Lucy
Sep 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lucy by: Kevin
Elephant shifter! What more is there to say? This was so cute (he bugled when upset, come on!) It sends on a cliffhanger for the next book, but Gordon and Grady are all set. I like that the story arc continues through the series without making the cliffhangers irritating. And again, elephant shifter.
Nina
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I soooo wanted to like this series. I liked the idea of unusual animal shifters. I also told myself that the book I'm currently reading will be my last of the series because I just can't wrap my head around instant relationships and then I get to the end, which turns out to be a freakin' cliffhanger, and I want to find out what happens in the next book. And even though I'm tempted to read the next one I don't feel like going through the whole process again.
Mekiho
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
~2.4~

The story was all over the place with the same mistakes as the previous one.
Sandra Walker
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grady

Trouble on the horizon doctors experimenting on shifters. They change the DNA of each to see how they survive what's happened to them. Some go crazy start killing everyone.
Julie scott
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Accepting His Animal (Wolves of Stone Ridge Book 3)

This was great I Loved it was unhappy my first copy went missing but I bought new one .....And I will be reading the next one...
Deirdre
I Love You and I Love Your Animal

I really enjoy the larger shifters. To find two as the MCs in this story was great. Despite trying not to I keep getting sent further back in Charlie Richards various series to get the beginning story of sets of mated couples. I read the last few chapters of Stone Ridge #2 which I previously reviewed in preparation for the storyline in Book #3.

There was a lot of poignancy in this story. Abused (experimented on), beaten, caged, and finally rescued shifters who sti
Gerald Sessions
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caged

This is the evil scientist story caged shifters experiments, fear and of course love . A wolf know who his mate is and it ends with a cliff hanger-- someone is kidnapped
Sophia
Aug 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
This was a great third installment in the Wolves of Stone Ridge series although neither member of this couple are from the wolf pack. Gordon is a shifter psychiatrist who has been brought in to see to the newly freed shifters from the previous story. He tentatively feels at home living in Declan's pack territory and is made welcome by the wolf alpha so he plans to put down roots. Gordon has secrets the greatest is his fear of his own animal half.

Not far into the story when Gordon decides that h
Morgan  Skye
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I’ve not reviewed a lot of these books in this series and some of them are ones I read and re-read over and over so I thought I’d take the time to review and share them as recommendations for any of you who might not have been exposed to this fantastic series!

While books one and two are good, they aren’t my favorites, and I don’t find myself craving to re-read them very often. This is book three and in it we are still meeting some of the main characters that show up time and again. (Interestingl
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Sep 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: yaoi-m-m
This is the third installment to the series, Wolves of Stone Ridge. This story continues with the focus on the doctor that was brought in for help, Gordon. Gordon is very secretive about his animal. Though, if you look at the cover it isn't much of a secret.

Gordon isn't a skinny mini or trim and fit. He is what I could consider average build. He doesn't look like he just walked out of magazine which more accepting in my opinion. Because despite not having that six pack, he is still a sexy man.
Pam
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
I've really enjoyed this series and have especially liked the two main characters of this one...Grady and Gordon. The pairing in the other two books was typical shifter mates but this one caught me totally by surprise with the creative mating of two unexpected species...an Bengal tiger and a never seen before Asian elephant. I loved that Ms. Richards even had the other shifters in the book surprised by what Gordon's animal was...it was a nice touch.

Gordon is a sweet, mild mannered man with a tro
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
So far this is my fave of the series. I like the fact it's two shifters - one of whom is insecure in his animal and worried about it getting out of control. It was different - and the fact his mate is larger was also appealing given the size differential of their animals. I am enjoying the plot line that is growing as each book progresses. It is quite like Lora Leigh's Breeds Series or Laurann Dohner's New Species - and I've always had a huge weak spot for this kind of story. It could be more de ...more
Sadonna
May 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, pdf, weres-shifters
This story brings together the shifter psychologist, Gordon, that Declan has brought in to help the shifters who had been captured in the first and second books, and our resident tiger shifter detective, Grady. Grady recognizes right away that Gordon is his mate and he knows Gordon is aware of it too, but Gordon tells him straight out that he is not mate material. Because of Gordon's animal, he cannot shift just anywhere so he keeps his animal bottled up which makes him more aggressive and irrit ...more
Faye Kennedy
Okay I'll start by saying I'm defiantly hooked by this authors series.
Another fantastic book of the story of psychologist Doctor Gordon when he helps some shifters after being abused. But Gordon has a secret that he himself is a shifter. ha but what kind of shifter?? lol
Detective Grady is a tiger shifter and once they meet they both feel the mate bond attractions. But Dr Gordon is determined to fight his animal and the bond,, but fate has a way of stepping in.. I loved this book and totally cou
Carol
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read the three intermingled series by Charlie Richards (A Paranormal’s Love, Kontra’s Menagerie and Wolves of Stone Ridge) in 5 days between April 1 and April 5. I really enjoyed the series as a whole and would happily recommend these books to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance. One of the things I particularly enjoyed was that there were all types of shifters, from wolves to warthogs, penguins to Texas Longhorns as well as Gargoyles and Vampires, it was a truly rich and varied alternate wor ...more
Rachel Emily
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
I continue to really enjoy this series...I like how they're picking up and building on one after the other. I really enjoyed this couple. My one complaint was that two main characters whose names both start with the letter "G"...it took a while for me to figure out who was who some times. :D Otherwise, I liked this series and I'm looking forward to the next one! I think that this book set up the next one well.
Shelby P
Aug 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I guessed Gordon would be a rhinoceros or a hippopotamus and I was wrong. It was exciting to find out what his animal was. I did not feel a strong connection with Gordon and Grady as I did with the previous couples and thus the 3 star rating.

As I was reading I kept thinking that I hope the author include some secondary female characters because it'll become highly unbelievable that everybody and their mama is gay and no women are around.
Tam
Jan 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am giving this one an extra star for having an elephant shifter and someone who's not got a six-pack abs and is perfect. He's an elephant. I kind of screwed up with this series and read this one first so I was a bit lost about the whole issue with the shifters who had been captured but I rather enjoyed the mystery aspect of it, even though I didn't quite understand as much as I might have if I'd read book 2 first. Still, an enjoyable shifter story to pass the time if that's your thing.
Sui Lynn
Sep 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
I have to say I'm really enjoying this series. There are errors, which I suspect have something to do with the publisher and the formatting of the work. It doesn't seem to matter which format I download from the retailer, there are sentences that are so messed up you can't decipher what the author even wrote. That aside, it only happens 3 times and although highly annoying I can't fault the author or the story. I really am enjoying this story and I'm looking forward to the next book.
Joie
May 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really really enjoy this series. To be honest this book wasn't my favorite so far though. I will say though that I loved the idea of an elephant shifter that was just hilarious to me. But like usual the storyline was good, moved quickly and the writing was well. Can't ask for much more however I must say for this to be an erotic novel the erotic portion is just plain blah :p other than that it's okay.
Dylan St. Jaymes
I adored Gordon and Grady.

I love how Gordon isn't the "typical" shifter. He's not a perfect physical specimen and he's not super dominant and overly aggressive. He is strong though and far from a pushover but he's vulnerable and dealing with trauma from his past and very, very lonely. Grady is very much Alpha male but he's very patient and kind in helping Gordon come to accept his animal and their mating.
  • Ruthless Pursuit (Lost Shifters #6)
  • Revelations (Wolfman #2)
  • Nicholas's Wolf (Brac Pack #14)
  • Cereus: Building (Cereus, #1)
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven #1)
  • From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1)

Wolves of Stone Ridge (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Werewolf at the Zoo (Wolves of Stone Ridge #1)
  • Alpha's Prerogative (Wolves of Stone Ridge #2)
  • Accepting His Human (Wolves of Stone Ridge #4)
  • Finding Balance (Wolves of Stone Ridge #5)
  • Goading the Enforcer (Wolves of Stone Ridge #6)
  • Through Dagus's Eyes (Wolves of Stone Ridge #7)
  • Loving the Enemy (Wolves of Stone Ridge #8)
  • Casey's Love Bite (Wolves of Stone Ridge #9)
  • The Wolf Biker's Mate (Wolves of Stone Ridge #10)
  • Kyle's Valiant Hunt (Wolves of Stone Ridge #11)