Start by marking “Exiled (Immortal Essence, #1)” as Want to Read:
Exiled (Immortal Essence, #1)

Exiled

(Immortal Essence #1)

Worlds divided them. Chance brought them together. Only love will save them.

An alien princess exiled to Earth.
An arrogant boy.
One week to get back to her planet or she'll die.
And, her only chance for survival? She must help the boy find his soul mate.
Piece of cake!

Kindle Edition, First Edition, 340 pages
Published October 2nd 2011 by Polished Pen Press in cooperation with Literary Underground

Start your review of Exiled (Immortal Essence, #1)
RaShelle Workman
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it, so yes, I think it's fabulous. ;D ...more
Kelly
Oct 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to love Exiled (I mean, look at that cover! Gorgeous doesn't do it justice!), but because of a slightly jerky plot and slightly underdeveloped characters, I did find that while I really enjoyed it, it was lacking in certain areas.

The world-building was well-done. I had a very clear image of Kelari, what the alien race would have looked like, and the landscape that surrounded them. I loved the similarities to Earth, which made it easy to understand why Venus would have had an Earth Studi
C.k. Bryant
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a big fan of Sci-Fi, so was a little leery to read this book. Boy was I glad I did. From beginning to end, the story of Venus, her journey to earth and all the struggles she encountered, kept me on the edge of my seat. I absolutely loved Michael and the relationship that formed between them.

A must read.
Alaina
Exiled was a pretty interesting book but I feel like it was missing something.

What initially captured my attention was the cover. However, what's inside, like the world building, was just as good. I loved it all. It was just missing something.

In it, you will meet Venus and Michael. I liked Venus because she was interesting and kept me intrigued. Especially when it came to Zaren and Michael.. but other than, she was okay. A bit confusing here and there but overall likable.

Speaking of Zaren and Mi
Rachel Morgan
Nov 07, 2011 rated it liked it
THE GOOD: Amidst all the vampire, werewolf and fallen angel novels out there, EXILED is a refreshing and unique read. Little details brought Venus’s world, Kelari, to life: everyone's features are the same (silver and white) until they become immortal, Kelari's atmosphere is different, they have unique swear words (because why should someone on a different planet use the same swear words we do?) and, of course, the Kelvieri's Boots.

These boots fascinated me. "They were black as a starless night,
Christina
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Something that doesn't follow the current trend
I purchased this book off of https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

College Kid who reads YA.
4/5

Don't often review books, but this one deserves the attention. It's different from what is being advertised in most situations. It's not a dystopian, no vampire, werewolves, or fairies in sight here. Just aliens.

We start off with Venus and her 16th birthday, where in Kelari you receive a task which you must complete to become immortal. Nothing to be spoiled, things don't go as they should and she get
Rea
Dec 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Full review can be found here.

Time for an admission: I didn’t reread the synopsis before going into this book. This meant that I read the first chapter, encountered the alien world and settled myself in for a story set on another planet. Then I flicked to chapter two and suddenly I’m on Earth with this human boy. This is my own fault as had I read the synopsis, I would have known what I was getting myself into, but I still felt a bit thrown by it.

It didn’t help that as soon as Venus was on Earth
Tahlia Newland
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy, sci-fi
This book blew me away. I loved it from the first page and was thrilled to be reading something so richly creative and engaging. I definitely want to spend more time with the characters and delve deeper into their world in the sequel.

The story starts on another planet, complete with strange animals and a hi tech closet, but soon brings us down to earth. Someone knocked Venus out, blackened her name and sent her off in a space ship but luckily her handsome guard, Zaren saw her leaving and followe
Karen Hoover
Oct 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
The very first thing I have to say about this book is how much I absolutely adore the cover! It is one I noticed and was interested in long before I asked to be included in the Dark CARMA Blog tour. I wanted to read it! With a cover like that, how could it not be good?

I wasn't disappointed, though it was a book that surprised me.

Let me explain: In the opening scenes we come upon Princess Venus. Now, with a name like that, I expected the story to be mythological in nature, and thus was confused b
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
I enjoyed this book. I would give it between a 3.5. At first I was a little confused by Venus' world, but as you read you learn more and you eventually get a better picture of it. But the book almost entirely takes place on earth so it isnt really relevant anyway. But what we learned about her species and the way they live and become immortal was fascinating, especially at the end when we see it happen. It was incredibly unique.

I was surprised by this book. The summary makes it sound like a roma
Amalia
This is embarrassing. Only 7% done and I hate this book already.

Reasons
1) First, I have hell no idea about this world Princess Venus comes from. No visual descriptions to help me imagine it or whatever. The creatures there and how they interact... What the hell is an irrihunter or a Formytian?! My head is in confusuionzd.

2) Let's briefly talk about Michael. His mother is effed up insane and how could he just let her push him around like that while still making polite replies of "Yes, mother."?!!
Tahlia Newland
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy, sci-fi
This is an awesome book. Full review coming later.
Ambur
Sep 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Exiled was a mixed read for me. I absolutely loved the world that RaShelle created. All of the details about Kelari and Kelarians were amazing! I loved the descriptions of Venus's room, the irrihunters, and I loved the whole revenge aspect. Unfortunately, the characters were what fell a bit flat for me. While I loved Zaren, and loved certain aspects of Venus, I couldn't stand Michael and he's such a central part of the story that it kept me from loving it. I think that if you read it and like Mi ...more
Charlotte  Black
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
Synopsis:

Stubborn, sixteen-year-old Princess Venus of Kelari wants one thing, to become immortal, that is, until someone exiles her to Earth, kills her irrihunter and takes her family.

Now she wants revenge.

First she’s got to get home. But before she can return to Kelari, the Gods have commanded her to help an arrogant boy named Michael find his soul mate. Only she doesn't know the first thing about love.

Rather quickly, her inexperience with human emotion is obscured by other matters—alien-contro
Jessie Harrell
Oct 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have to start with the disclosure that sci-fi is not my thing. I usually never pick it up, and so I'm naturally inclined against reading it. The concepts and words are so "alien" to me (sorry, couldn't help myself). And so in places where I was confused, it may just be that my brain isn't used to reading this type of story. And granted, there were only a very few places where I was confused and it all smoothed itself out.
My favorite part of this story was the end -- hands down. It's h
Melissa Lemon
Oct 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the descriptions of planet Kelari and felt like I was literally out of this world for a while. I would have liked to actually see what happened to Venus' family rather than just being made aware that SOMETHING happened, but I guess that's how it was for Venus and I have a sinking feeling it couldn't be revealed in this book anyway.

Other things I enjoyed from the book include the different names of things and people from planet Kelari and some of the science fi
Jenna
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'd heard of Goodreads, but sadly, I'd resisted getting on. Just another website to suck away my time. But, after reading this book, I had to get on. It's the first time I've been inspired to write down my thoughts about a book.

It's superb!!!

I loved the multiple points of view.

I loved Venus.

Michael was tough to like at first, but by the end - man, oh man, did I fall hard for him.

Zaren is yummy! I want a guardian like him. Heck, I want a man like him! "Lemons and honey." That's how Venus descri
Magan Vernon
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In a world of vampire and werewolf novels, Workman is a breathe of fresh air by bringing a new era into science fiction.

I loved the alien mythos and fell in love with not only the characters, but the story as well.

Looking forward to the rest of the series and eager to learn more about Workman's alien world!
Dija
Oct 12, 2011 marked it as first-in-series-tbr
This is quite possible the most gorgeous cover of 2011, paralleled only by Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday .

Hope the book is as great.
Kaylee
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. RaShelle, you're an great writer. This book is amazing. Yes, I purposefully said your book is amazing twice cuz it's like totally awesome! ...more
Pickle Rick
Jan 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: absolute-poop
Oh dear, my Goodreads rating is dropping really fast.
K.W. McCabe
Feb 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Saturday, February 4, 2012Exiled by RaShelle Workman
Exiled by RaShelle Workman 4 of 5 stars

I originally saw Exiled on a review blog where it was featured in a giveaway. The cover looked interesting and the storyline seemed different. So, when I saw it available on Amazon for free, I made sure to download it.

The story was interesting enough- I read it in two days. Exiled is the tale of a Kelarian Princess named Venus. She lives a stable life until she passes out and awakes to find that her famil
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
Sep 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
“If you’re trying to get me to kiss you again,” he whispered hoarsely, “it’s working.”

After reading Exiled by RaShelle Workman it is official, there needs to be more sci-fi novels in YA! The cover of Exiled everyone can agree is beyond gorgeous, but what’s within the cover..is even better! This was a story I cannot wait to continue in book two, there was romance, there was action, there was a mystery, there was everything I love in a novel! Normally I am not a huge fan of books written in 3rd pe
Lora
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lora by: Cindy
Up front I must admit that I approached this book with hesitancy. Clearly, if I shied away from cheesy love stories then I wouldn’t be so drawn to young adult fiction. As much as I enjoy the cheese, however, I’m also embarrassed by it and long for more to a story than just the age-old love triangle. The description of this book and the blurb about the author made it unabashedly clear that love was a primary focus of this novel. Hmm…

In the end, I bought it hook, line and sinker. ☺

Nearly always,
Mandy
I picked up a E-copy of Exiled a while back for free, and when I heard about the tour for the next chapter I had to sign up. Venus has turned sixteen which means she now will become a immortal, setting her on the path to be the next queen. But fate steps in changing her forever when she's exiled to earth with her only chance of returning to help a mortal boy find love. Venus has seven days to help Michael find his soul mate or she won't be able to return to her home planet and Earth’s atmosphere ...more
morgan
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Supernatural romance lovers!
Recommended to morgan by: Goodreads :)
Okay so I actually finished this book on Sunday and I really didn't want it to end! If you love romance AND aliens you will love this book. This was my first supernatural book I ever read and I wasn't disappointed at all! Ohhh my, I just can't write enough for this book.

Venus and Michael were so amazing together. They basically depended on each other and my heart melt for them. The ending with have you shocked that's all I have to say!

THEN RaShelle Workman teases you at the end with an excerpt
Rhomy

I really liked this book. I'm pretty surprised it has a 3.6 stars rating.
I must admit it was a little confusing at the beginning. So many names and creatures that made me feel lost for a while.

But then, as the story progressed and I was getting used to those weird and complicated names, I found it amazing.

It's a simple story: A Princess that is framed and exiled to Earth. She doesn't know why she is there, or who did that to her, but the only way the Gods can forgive her and let her ba
Kereesa
I got to 50% before realizing I was groaning and hating every minute of this novel. I even attempted to connect my ereader to a public wifi to download ANYTHING else so I wouldn't have to read this. So it's probably best for my sanity to DNF this one.

Exiled is not a terrible book by any means, but features a host of things I just don't care for:

-Insta/lust-filled romance that is justified (by the use of true love, time constraints, and character traits)
-Name Dropping
-Predictability
-Character
Revati Ragini
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I've never had any interest in sci-fi but with the current trend of Paranormal YA Romance novels, sci-fi is mixing in with what I would normally read. This book didn't include a huge amount of technical terms about technology or other worlds and species, which is what makes it easier and more enjoyable to read. With the amount of vampire and werewolf stories being written, it's difficult to find something even slightly original. The only predictable part in this story ...more
Taffy
Nov 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
What a ride!

Venus is kidnapped and sent to Earth to fulfill a special mission. Interesting to read the interaction between the aliens and humans.

But who is REALLY behind the kidnapping??

I can't tell you. You'll just have to read RaShelle's book and find out what happens with Venus. Does she succeed? Who should she trust? Why oh why is there another love triangle with hot guys and cliffhanger?

What I liked:

Venus being human and confused by it

Zaren

Michael

The story of Venus' gods

The boots, where ca
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 11, 2015 03:15PM

• Frey (The Frey Saga, #1)
  • A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends, #1)
  • The Trouble with Spells (Of Witches and Warlocks, #1)
  • Dead to Writes (Cassandra Ellis #1)
  • Rain Of Stone (The Merryweather Chronicles Book 1)
  • Forever & Always (The Ever Trilogy, #1)
  • The Alternate Universe (Khronos Chronicles, #1)
  • The Teflon Queen
  • Mirror Mage (Dragon's Gift: The Huntress, #2)
  • Awaken His Eyes (The Awakened #1)
  • The Call of Agon (Children of Telm #1)
  • A Fashion to Kill
  • The Devil's Grin (Anna Kronberg Thriller #2)
  • The Valley of Shadows (Derek Stillwater, #4)
  • Contingency (Covenant of Trust #1)
  • The Midnight Sea (The Fourth Element, #1)
  • A Throne for Sisters (A Throne for Sisters, #1)
  • The Last Teacher (Mackenzie August #0.5)
RaShelle Workman is an international bestselling author of reimagined fairy tales, science fiction, time travel, and romantic suspense. All of her novels have been listed on multiple bestseller lists, including her Blood and Snow series (now Seven Magics Academy), which has sold more than a million copies worldwide. Three of her books have been translated into Turkish.

When RaShelle isn't writing,

Immortal Essence (7 books)
  • Banished (Immortal Essence #2)
  • Displaced (Immortal Essence #3)
  • Beguiled (Immortal Essence #4)
  • Tempted (Immortal Essence #5)
  • Merged (Immortal Essence #6)
  • United (Immortal Essence #7)