Start by marking “El sonido de Los Beatles: Memorias de su ingeniero de grabación” as Want to Read:
El sonido de Los Beatles: Memorias de su ingeniero de grabación

El sonido de Los Beatles: Memorias de su ingeniero de grabación

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  4,021 Ratings  ·  264 Reviews
En El sonido de los Beatles Emerick recrea sus experiencias en el estudio con los Beatles, relatando tanto las innovaciones musicales y experimentaciones sonoras de sus mejores grabaciones como los amargos conflictos y las jugosas anécdotas de lo que que tenía lugar tras las bambalinas. Con su mirada nostálgica y personal de la creación de las canciones más perdurables de ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Urano (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about El sonido de Los Beatles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El sonido de Los Beatles

Paul Bryant
Nov 22, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beatles
Like a lot of books about music this is appallingly (ghost)written, with ghastly cliches and corny embarrassing dialogue all over the place which is impossible to believe of course (why do people think they have to invent 40 year old dialogue anyway?) but the fact remains Geoff Emerick was there, he engineered those sessions, he saw, he remembered, and he's still alive. So for a Beatle fan like me, it's a must-read, and there are very few must-read Beatle books.

What do we learn?

Well, nothing te
Chris
Aug 27, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book but I'm also the type that enjoys anything related to the Beatles. Emerick's insider view of many of the recordings sessions informs on the Beatles working and personal dynamics. He's clearly most enamored with Paul McCartney which at times seemed to interfere with objectivity of his stories. But his opinions are obvious and therefore easy to ignore if they annoy you like they did me.

I wasn't aware how inseparable John and Yoko actually were. Yoko even had a bed set u
Ed Wagemann
Aug 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lately I'm starting to believe that 90% of what makes a good book is the subject matter and the other 10% is the author not being a total ass hat. In Geoff Emerick's Here There and Everywhere it would be hard pressed to find a subject matter that is more interesting to me right now. Emerick was like 15 years old when he started working for EMI and participating on Beatle recordings. He was there in fact for the first ever Beatle recording and eventually became the sound engineer for all of their ...more
Brian
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not a book for the casual Beatles fan. Emerick was 'balance engineer" on their first, last and most Beatles recordings in between. He knows where the mic's were placed, how the sounds were gotten on those ground-breaking mid/late period recordings. He knows John was an angry guy, Yoko had no business being there, Paul was a pushy pain in the ass (100+ takes of Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da would drive any sane person to murder). He never really spoke to George or Ringo, and he seems to have thou ...more
charlie
Jul 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can only review from the pov of a complete Beatles geek. I have read most of the biographies by various journos and hangers on... and i love the music pure and simple... thats the context.

This is my favorite of them all (shout out to Philip Nolan's Shout bio tho). Its the stories I really wanted to know... not the chisme about who did drugs and who was gay - its about the creation of the music sonically. And what is happening behind the scenes when the songs we have heard a million times befor
Anton
Aug 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Priceless treasure trove of Beatles engineering, musical, psychological, and gossipy tidbits, written by the greatest engineer of pop music, who was instrumental in creating Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's, and Abbey Road. Also a great window into the Abbey Road recording culture of the 60s and recording history in general. He comes off as an amiable guy with excellent ears, good will, and a great memory. None of the Beatles escape quite unscathed, but it's nice to see them described as normal moody hum ...more
Dane
I read this book cueing up each song as the making of it was being discussed and listening repeatedly. Geoff Emerick gives such great detail about song after song, album after album, and that is the strength of this book. I will never forget the story, for instance about the recording of the two orchestral effects in A Day In the Life; before, they were just among the many interesting sounds on Sgt. Pepper. Now I listen intently to them, fascinated and smiling like an idiot.

There are also lots
David Sawyer
Feb 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do you consider yourself a Beatles fan? Then you need to read this book. This is doubly true if you have any interest whatsoever in how music is made and recorded.

Emerick was the audio engineer for Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road, part of The White Album, and lots of The Fab Four's singles. In the book, he recounts his experiences recording The Beatles. You read about his observations about the individual bandmembers' personalities, and most interestingly, about how the band's creative process
Kevin
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book which really surprised me. I was a fan of the Beatles so I thought I'd enjoy the book, but what surprised me the parts I liked the most was when the author was explaining how he the engineer got the sounds that the band was looking for. So come read it for the music but stay to find out about sound engineers.

After his descriptions of Revolution and Sgt. Peppers I had to stop reading and go listen to the albums so I could hear for myself what Emerick is describing.
Mar 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Fantastic book that every Beatles fan should read. It makes you feel like you are in the recording studio with them as they record their greatest albums, work endless hours to achieve a specific "sound" and fight over a digestive biscuit. I have a new appreciation for all their albums and the recording process in general. I wish this book was written when I was a teenager, because I would have set out to become a sound engineer, like Geoff Emerick.

PS. It's hard to read this book quickly because
  • The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions: The Official Story of the Abbey Road Years 1962-1970
  • Postcards from the Boys
  • You Never Give Me Your Money: The Beatles After the Breakup
  • A Hard Day's Write: The Stories Behind Every Beatles Song
  • Lennon Remembers: The Full Rolling Stone Interviews from 1970
  • Magical Mystery Tours: My Life with the Beatles
  • All You Need Is Ears: The inside personal story of the genius who created The Beatles
  • Ticket to Ride: Inside the Beatles' 1964 and 1965 Tours That Changed the World
  • The Love You Make: An Insider's Story of the Beatles
  • Shout! The Beatles in Their Generation
  • Tell Me Why: The Beatles: Album By Album, Song By Song, The Sixties And After
  • Paul McCartney
  • Beatles Forever
  • The Beatles: Unseen Archives
20130
Geoff Emerick is an English recording studio audio engineer, who is best known for his work with The Beatles' albums Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles and Abbey Road. He is widely regarded as one of the best audio engineers in all of recording history.
More about Geoff Emerick...