Start by marking “Ransomed Dreams (Defenders of Hope #1)” as Want to Read:
Ransomed Dreams (Defenders of Hope #1)

Ransomed Dreams (Defenders of Hope #1)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  151 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Chained To Yesterday

When tragedy struck and Gracie Lang lost everything, her faith crumbled, and nothing but the drive for justice propelled her forward. But after two years of dead-end searching, the truth Gracie seeks is the very thing her stalker will stop at nothing to hide.

Forgiveness Unlocks the Future

An FBI agent in the Crimes Against Children Unit, Steven Kessler s
Published April 17th 2007 by Multnomah

To ask other readers questions about Ransomed Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ransomed Dreams

Loraine Nunley
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
The beginning of this book took hold of my emotions right away. The tragedy that happens to Gracie is more than most can bear. How will she deal with it and move on? There was lots of suspense as Gracie and Steven come into one another’s lives and deal with the evil that threatens them both. 3 1/2 Stars - Full review at my website.
Alexi
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Ransomed Dreams is a solid, enjoyable read.

I'll be honest—I'm not generally a fan of Christian novels. While I appreciate the focus on God and the redeeming elements, far too often they are unbearably pedantic in tone and formulaic in plot. Ransomed Dreams, though, managed to dodge—or at least minimize—many of those pitfalls. It definitely had its flaws, but it was a touching story, and I'm glad I read it.

Let's start with the bad.

1. To be honest, Steven and Gracie might have been snatched
Katrina Burchett
Nov 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Gracie Lang is a happily married woman and the mother of two. But then tragedy strikes and she loses her family because of a drunk driver. She's determined to find the man who killed her precious loved ones so that he will be made to pay for his senseless crime. Time goes by, but she does not give up even when others feel her quest for justice is a waste of time. She's angry at God for what happened but despite what she feels she does her best to keep trusting in Him... one day at a time. When i ...more
Margaret Chind
Nov 09, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those who like Karen Ball and other edgy storylines
Recommended to Margaret by: ACFW
I have to start this review with my disclaimer as I do for many.. I just do not really like the "real" contemporary fiction books, they are not my "escape". With that said, when I started this book it was just so real and heart wrenching that I was going to put it back and not even try to read it. But, I couldn't. No matter how bad I was feeling and the facts of the storyline depressing, I just had to know what happened. I couldn't put it down and had to find out what would happen to Gracie and ...more
Tamara Tilley
May 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
RANSOMED DREAMS by Amy Wallace is a heart-wrenching story of Gracie Long and the tragedy that has forever changed her life. Justice is the only thing that really fuels Gracie, and even after two years of no answers, she is committed to finding out the truth and see to it that someone pays for all that she has lost.
FBI Agent Steven Kessler happens to cross paths with Gracie Long when he finds out his son will be in her class at the elite Hope Ridge Academy. Gracie teaches at a school for the chil
Michelle
Dec 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianfiction
Ransomed Dreams has a gut-wrenching beginning. I cried when Gracie's family was wiped out in a tragic car accident. In fact, I needed a breather from the story because it made me so sad. Then I picked up the story again and the action pulled me right back in. Gracie's quest to determine who killed her family intersected with Steven's case--the plot to kidnap the British ambassador's daughter. Several points of view showed a variety of perspectives, all of which increased the tension in the story ...more
Nora St Laurent
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast paced; suspenseful book. I connected with these characters right away. Something happens that is so unexpected. The author takes you on a journey through life’s hurtful situations and helps you see the forgiveness process. It is a very powerful story. You won't put it down until you are done.

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I a
Sheri Salatin
Mar 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Gracie Lang loses everything when a drunk driver takes the life of her precious family. As a grieving widow and mother, she is determined to find the one who ruined her life and make him pay.

What she doesn't realize is that the one who took the life of her family is now following her too!

FBI Agent, Steven Kessler works for the Crimes Against Children Unit. He spends his days rescuing children and caring for 5 year-old son. Steven meets Gracie when he enrolls his son into her Kindergarten class.

A
pam
Jan 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
i did like this book the last half of the book was a page turner to me. The first part of the book i got confused on who was who, but near the end it was more clear.
I really felt sad for Gracie her family died in a car accident and she struggled with god in why she was not in the car with them. She wanted justic in finding who killed her family. Then she meets Steven his little boy is in her class at school. He has struggles of is own his ex-wife came back to claim her son after 5 years.
This
ChrisGA
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Christian suspense thriller featuring first grade teacher whose family was killed by drunk driver and FBI Crimes Against Children agent who has been raising his son as a single father after his wife abandoned both of them shortly after the birth. Lots of angst and inner struggles as they try to deal with their pasts with forgiveness rather than revenge. Loved the image of a newborn in God's strong but gentle hands.
Christy
Oct 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
An entertaining, fast-paced, suspenseful mystery read with a valuable message of hope, forgiveness and letting go of bitterness.
I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this Defenders of Hope series with Clint and Sara's story.

Mary Allen
Jan 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This romantic suspense is going to wrap itself and its characters around your world. Amy Wallace has what it takes to keep you hoping, smiling, and tearing up till the very last page.
Read my review of it:
Fran Whitten
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a series I read last year before I became a member of GOODREADS.
All 3 books were excellent. Filled with real human interest, action and adversity.
I am glad to own the Defenders of Hope series.
Audrey
Gracie Lang lost her entire family in a horrible accident and she is determined to find their killer. What she ends up facing is plenty of danger and learning the meaning of forgiveness. It was nearly impossible to put this book down with its enticing plot twists and suspenseful moments.
Melissa
Jul 08, 2008 rated it liked it
Fair story about an FBI agent and a woman who lost her family. Villains exposed way too early, but spiritually a good story.
Kristin
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Never finished
Angel Gail Rose
Dec 05, 2008 marked it as to-read
She is a dear friend and a great writer!
Melissa
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First book in a series focusing on FBI agents and their families. Excellent book! Read it in a couple of days!
Wendy
Jul 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing
a great story. Will have you thinking and wondering just how you'd react. Highly recommended.
Lola
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. I loved that I still got the mystery and suspence and romance but also gained some good bible knowledge. The discussion questions really envoked some good bible study. I loved it.
Julie Meitzler
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Good characters, sometimes hard to follow, but fun to read!
Elaine
Danielle Versluys
Jul 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Danger Close
  • Capture the Wind for Me (Bradleyville Series, #3)
  • Indivisible
  • Lethal Deception
  • Wiser Than Serpents (Mission: Russia, #3)
  • Fear No Evil
  • Forget Me Not
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Falls Like Lightning
  • Speak to My Heart (Spirit and Soul #1)
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
Amy Wallace is a wife, homeschool mom of three, writer, speaker, Bible study leader, and avid chocoholic.

She loves crafting high-action suspense that delves deep into heart issues, but who she really is can be summed up in a few short words: Amy is a daughter of the King learning to live and love with laughter.

Amy is the author of Ransomed Dreams, Healing Promises, and Enduring Justice (The Defe
More about Amy Wallace...

Defenders of Hope (3 books)
  • Healing Promises (Defenders of Hope #2)
  • Enduring Justice (Defenders of Hope #3)