Start by marking “Once Upon a Thanksgiving: Season of Bounty\Home for Thanksgiving” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Thanksgiving: Season of Bounty\Home for Thanksgiving

Once Upon a Thanksgiving: Season of Bounty\Home for Thanksgiving

(Knotty Pines #4)

Season of Bounty by Linda Ford

At first glance, privileged Kathleen Sanderson and cowboy Buck Donahue couldn't be more different. Yet the bond between Buck and his adopted son awakens a wish in Kathleen for a family of her own--and a future they can build together.

Home for Thanksgiving by Winnie Griggs

All that stands between Ruby Anne Tuggle and a fresh start is an escort t
Published October 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Historical (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Thanksgiving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Thanksgiving

Start your review of Once Upon a Thanksgiving: Season of Bounty\Home for Thanksgiving
Theresa
These two novellas set at Thanksgiving in the Old West were surprisingly heartwarming and pleasurable reading.

In Season of Bounty we meet kind, gentle Kathleen, the lonely daughter of the town's richest most powerful man, and Buck, a lonely and honorable man whose life is spent running from family tragedy and notoriety. Buck's adopted half-breed son is gravely ill, forcing Buck to seek help from his married sister whom Kathleen has befriended against the wishes of her social class conscious pare
Michelle
Season of Bounty:

Buck doesn't feel like he can ever settle down. His family's past has caused him and his sister much suffering. But there's something special with Kathleen.

I loved this story! It was so sweet and so romantic. The drama with Kathleen's father kept me wanting to read. I felt that everything was wrapped up a bit too nicely, but I still loved the story!

Five Stars

Home for Thanksgiving:

I could not even finish this one. Actually, the truth is I didn't want to finish this one. There wer
Minivanmom2four
The first story was just ok...but I loved the second one!!
Linda C
Two inspirational historical Thanksgiving novellas comprise this book. Linda Ford's story involves a well off daughter of a town leader and a cowboy with an adopted half-breed son and a shady family history finding a way to solve each other's loneliness and make a better future. Winnie Griggs' story involves a young woman who has been a town's obligation most of her life, reaching out to make a fresh start and finding an escort to take her to a new city who then gets extremely sick along the way ...more
Kristina
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-read
Rating is for the first story, Season of Bounty by Linda Ford. This story was fantastic! The characters were detailed and seemed genuine. I'm impressed by the author's ability to tell such a dynamic story in so few pages. I loved the commentary about social class and racism against Native Americans during the time period.

I got through 2.5 chapters of the second story and gave up. The writing style was not for me and everything seemed dragged out, with a predictable romance brewing. I wasn't inv
Cindy Nipper
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SEASON OF BOUNTY Linda Ford
What an incredible story! I love how we're all missing something, yet God can answer with such a bountiful gift!

HOME FOR THANKSGIVING Winnie Griggs
The perfect complimentary story! God has a special way of bringing two halfs together to make both of them complete! I loved how they were both confusing each other's reactions!
Chelsea
Season of Bounty - 2.5 stars It was too unrealistic and saccharine sweet.
Home for Thanksgiving - 3.5 stars It was lovely and sweet with endearing characters.
Debra Reeves
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanksgiving

This was a great book, by two great authors
How two couples find love. And they both have happy endings
Phylisha Stone
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the two stories in this book.
Madison Ford
Shelves: christian-books
Sweet stories
L.D.
Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing wasn't spectacular but it wasn't horrible--extremely mediocre and easy to read. The first story by Linda Ford was definitely the definition of sweet. A little too sweet. A little too cliche. I was entirely uninterested in the plot by the end.

The second story, by Winnie Griggs, was better, and the reason I gave the overall rating three stars instead of two. Griggs has a better mastery over characterization. Since these are romance stories the plot is pretty much set in the beginning.
Barbara
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked both the sweet stories in this book. I liked the Thanksgiving themes and found both to be inspiring and well written. I liked Linda Ford's contrast of the wealthy and poor families and God's forgiveness bridging the gap between Buck and Kathleen.
I am a Winnie Griggs fan and always enjoy the comfortable tone of her stories,like friends enjoying a cup of tea. I really liked Ruby Tuggle and her adopted cat, Patience. I particularly liked reading about Ruby's courage in taking control of her
Shelley
I liked the first well enough - rich girl finding meaning in life and a spine with bonus love interest - but I didn't feel that we got to know either of them very well at all. It was sweet, but not much more than that. The second - girl trying to start a new life asks gentlemen to be her escort to the new city and they end up taking care of each other - flowed so smoothly and I loved the main characters so much. It took a lot of remembering to realize I'd read another story in the series, though ...more
Mae Hardy
This book contains two sweet stories, one by Linda Ford and one by Winnie Griggs. I liked them both, particularly the one by Ms. Griggs! Her style of story-telling is easy to read and has a lovely flow to it. Her characters were believable and the story had just the right amount of tension in it.
Both stories were positive and left me feeling inspired.
Melody
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like to read holiday stories not around the holidays, as it helps me to remember that being thankful is not something just for Thanksgiving! These two cute stories were perfect for such a reminder! So much in life to love and appreciate...
Nina
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are two books in this one book, one called Season of Bounty by Linda Ford and the other ne called Home for Thanksgiving by Winnie Griggs. I liked them both, but really enjoyed the second one best.
Phyllis Swain
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed both of these stories about the true meaning of Thanksgiving.
Lorrine Gregory
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good reading.
Linda
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. The characters become personal friends. I also loved how God's unconditional love for us is intertwined in the story. ...more
Nikki
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both stories were good, but I definitely preferred the second story. It was the hero that got to me in the second story. It does make me want to read the first of the Hawk's Creek stories. ...more
Megan
Sep 19, 2013
Samantha Miller
Jan 14, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Family for Christmas (Texas Grooms, #3)
  • Handpicked Husband (Texas Grooms, #1)
  • Once Upon a Texas Christmas
  • The Holiday Courtship (Texas Grooms, #7)
  • A Tailor-Made Husband
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
  • The Marriage Barter (Orphan Train, #2)
  • Family Lessons (Orphan Train, #1)
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • Married by Christmas (Smoky Mountain Matches, #5)
  • Mistletoe and Mr. Right (Moose Springs, Alaska #2)
  • Mail-Order Christmas Baby (Montana Courtships #1)
  • The Tourist Attraction (Moose Springs, Alaska #1)
  • Blind Trust (True Blue K-9 Unit #3)
  • Justice Mission (True Blue K-9 Unit #1)
  • Harlequin Love Inspired August 2016 - Box Set 2 of 2: The Texan's Second Chance\The Bachelor's Sweetheart\Lakeside Romance
  • The Dugout
  • A Very Special Delivery
Linda Ford grew up devouring books and making up stories in her head—often late at night when she couldn't sleep. But she hadn't planned to write. Instead, she dreamed of running an orphanage. In a way, that dream came true. She married, had four homemade children, adopted ten and lived (at times, endured) the dream.

Writing first took her to non-fiction human-interest articles for newspapers and

Knotty Pines (4 books)
  • The Christmas Journey (Knotty Pines, #1)
  • The Proper Wife (Knotty Pines, #2)
  • Second Chance Family