Start by marking “Once Upon a Thanksgiving: Season of Bounty\Home for Thanksgiving” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Thanksgiving: Season of Bounty\Home for Thanksgiving

Once Upon a Thanksgiving: Season of Bounty\Home for Thanksgiving (Knotty Pines #4)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

Season of Bounty by Linda Ford
At first glance, privileged Kathleen Sanderson and cowboy Buck Donahue couldn't be more different. Yet the bond between Buck and his adopted son awakens a wish in Kathleen for a family of her own--and a future they can build together.
Home for Thanksgiving by Winnie Griggs
All that stands between Ruby Anne Tuggle and a fresh start is an escor
Published October 1st 2011 by Love Inspired Historical (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Once Upon a Thanksgiving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Upon a Thanksgiving

Michelle
Season of Bounty:

Buck doesn't feel like he can ever settle down. His family's past has caused him and his sister much suffering. But there's something special with Kathleen.

I loved this story! It was so sweet and so romantic. The drama with Kathleen's father kept me wanting to read. I felt that everything was wrapped up a bit too nicely, but I still loved the story!

Five Stars

Home for Thanksgiving:

I could not even finish this one. Actually, the truth is I didn't want to finish this one. There wer
Phylisha Stone
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the two stories in this book.
Moose
Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing wasn't spectacular but it wasn't horrible--extremely mediocre and easy to read. The first story by Linda Ford was definitely the definition of sweet. A little too sweet. A little too cliche. I was entirely uninterested in the plot by the end.

The second story, by Winnie Griggs, was better, and the reason I gave the overall rating three stars instead of two. Griggs has a better mastery over characterization. Since these are romance stories the plot is pretty much set in the beginning.
Barbara
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked both the sweet stories in this book. I liked the Thanksgiving themes and found both to be inspiring and well written. I liked Linda Ford's contrast of the wealthy and poor families and God's forgiveness bridging the gap between Buck and Kathleen.
I am a Winnie Griggs fan and always enjoy the comfortable tone of her stories,like friends enjoying a cup of tea. I really liked Ruby Tuggle and her adopted cat, Patience. I particularly liked reading about Ruby's courage in taking control of her
Shelley
I liked the first well enough - rich girl finding meaning in life and a spine with bonus love interest - but I didn't feel that we got to know either of them very well at all. It was sweet, but not much more than that. The second - girl trying to start a new life asks gentlemen to be her escort to the new city and they end up taking care of each other - flowed so smoothly and I loved the main characters so much. It took a lot of remembering to realize I'd read another story in the series, though ...more
Patty Hall
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this book! The first novella, Season of Bounty, by Linda Ford lived up to Ford's high standards. A beautiful story about a rancher running away for his father's sins while the young heroine must deal with the social barriers that could keep her from the man she looks.

Home for Thanksgiving by Winnie Griggs is a tender, heart-tugging story that brought tears of my eyes! But isn't that what a good book does? Makes you cry a bit?
Mae Hardy
This book contains two sweet stories, one by Linda Ford and one by Winnie Griggs. I liked them both, particularly the one by Ms. Griggs! Her style of story-telling is easy to read and has a lovely flow to it. Her characters were believable and the story had just the right amount of tension in it.
Both stories were positive and left me feeling inspired.
Melody
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like to read holiday stories not around the holidays, as it helps me to remember that being thankful is not something just for Thanksgiving! These two cute stories were perfect for such a reminder! So much in life to love and appreciate...
Nina
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are two books in this one book, one called Season of Bounty by Linda Ford and the other ne called Home for Thanksgiving by Winnie Griggs. I liked them both, but really enjoyed the second one best.
Phyllis Swain
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed both of these stories about the true meaning of Thanksgiving.
Lorrine Hughes
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good reading.
Linda
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. The characters become personal friends. I also loved how God's unconditional love for us is intertwined in the story.
Blessedmommy22
The first story was just ok...but I loved the second one!!
Nikki
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both stories were good, but I definitely preferred the second story. It was the hero that got to me in the second story. It does make me want to read the first of the Hawk's Creek stories.
Kathleen
Heidi
Jan 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Wedding Season: Much Ado About Nuptials\The Gentleman Takes a Bride
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • Second Chance Family
  • The Bounty Hunter's Bride
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • An Honorable Gentleman
  • Their Frontier Family (Wilderness Brides, #1)
  • In a Mother's Arms: Finally a Family / Home Again
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Courting the Doctor's Daughter
  • Prairie Courtship
  • The Governess and Mr. Granville (The Parson's Daughters, #2)
  • Charity House Courtship (Charity House, #5)
  • The Runaway Bride
Linda Ford grew up devouring books and making up stories in her head—often late at night when she couldn't sleep. But she hadn't planned to write. Instead, she dreamed of running an orphanage. In a way, that dream came true. She married, had four homemade children, adopted ten and lived (at times, endured) the dream.

Writing first took her to non-fiction human-interest articles for newspapers and
More about Linda Ford...

Knotty Pines (4 books)
  • The Christmas Journey (Knotty Pines, #1)
  • The Proper Wife (Knotty Pines, #2)
  • Second Chance Family