Start by marking “Beast (A Faery Story, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beast (A Faery Story, #2)

Beast

(A Faery Story #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  1,507 Ratings  ·  102 Reviews
Fresh from his latest scandal, vampire playboy Dante Dellacourt has been given an ultimatum – take a consort and settle down or be disowned.

Exiled by her pack, the werewolf Kaja is stolen from her frozen plane and awakens in a foreign world. Frightened and alone, she savagely fights for her freedom.

When Dante and his Fae cousins are called to defend the gnomes of the marke
ebook
Published September 23rd 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
1,016 books — 1,324 voters
Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonBitten by Kelley Armstrong
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
976 books — 1,401 voters

More lists with this book...

SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Paranormal Romance
Series : - 2nd in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 5 stars

★Review★

Have to be honest, I loved Dante as a secondary character, he was fun and irresponsible and a bit of a reprobate
Mrs. Missive
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Let me start out by saying that sometimes an author hits a little too close to home. This happened here for me. So take some of the things I say with a grain of salt, because some things that bothered me won't apply to you. I didn't quite know how to word this, so I'll just do it like I always do and be honest.

I love Sophie Oak, and how her characters come to life for me in such a short period of time. Dante rocked my world in Bound. Loved what he added to the tale. His humor, his attitude, and
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Erotic Romance
3.5 - 4 star ... Total Steamy Escapism

This was just what the smut doctor ordered! Thirty year old Royal vampire seeks consort to get his father off his back to return to his playboy manwhore ways. Enter exiled werewolf female. The potential for reader eye-rolling moments were present, BUT the Royal Vamp is not good enough for our heroine, AND she acknowledges she deserves better, AND has better plans. Throw in alternate realms (vampire, werewolf, faery, and Earth), a villain with evil minions ab
Carisa
I had a great time from start to finish, fast-paced story with its original planes or ‘worlds’. I loved the H/h and their romance, although the love scenes were not as good as in the first book. This series are stand alone as to the romances, but the interesting political conflict continues through the series. I'm hooked, now on to the next.
HERO is a Playful vampire, charismatic, smart, has never acknowledged his true warrior calling, focusing instead on business and bedding as many females as p
Malinda
5 stars

***warning, I got into some detail in this review so if you don't like spoilers you may not want to read this review***

Another great book by Sophie Oak (and also a great continuation of the series)! So, when I read the first book and met Dante's character I have to admit that my first thought wasn't "I have to see a book with Dante". I thought he was a great guy and loved his contributions to the story in the first book but wasn't really feeling him as a lead character at the time. Now, I
Chloe
Aug 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that as much as I loved Beck and Cian in Bound: A Faery Story, Dante was the one who stole my heart. From the moment Sophie finished Bound, I was asking her when she was going to write Dante's story.

Little did I know that she planned to turn Dante into a Dom. And what a Dom he is. He's loving and firm and sexy as ever. Just yummy.

What I didn't expect was to also adore Kaja, the woman/werewolf who claims Dante's heart. I'm not sure I've ever read a character like Kaja before. She'
Heather in FL
I love Dante. I knew there was a great man under all the joking, lackadaisical, playboy personality. We already knew he had a good heart by his actions in the first book. I'm glad he was able to find the perfect match for it. And I loved how finding Kaja both completed him as well as showed her her own self worth. I was so sad for her just reading the prologue! What horrible people! I got a little bit tired of Dante's internal berating, always assuming people were doing things because they didn' ...more
Texas Reader Stacy
Jan 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, vampire
I hate to admit it, but I was rather disappointed in this one. As much as I love Sophie Oak, and she is an amazing storyteller, this one seemed to be just a "bridge" story to get us to the next one. It lost is "fae" charm the first book held for me. I felt no emotional attachment to Dante, and Kaja was so innocent, at times, Dante's sexual attention bordered on creepy. I found myself skimming most of the book once they were on the Vampire plane just so I could find out what happens with Beck, Ci ...more
Chele Blades
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
ok i loved the Dante in Bound by the one in Beast oh so much more. (he is kinda a cross between Sam Fleetwood and Stephen Talbot) he was so funny but when he unleashed his alpha male well lets just say YUMMY!! so can not wait for the next story...and i knew it!! that is all i have to say on that!! Loved it and loved meeting the "others" who were more then then their earth plane counter points....and of course my favorite was there!!!!
Linda
Feb 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Werewolf Kaja is abducted and to be sold at the consort market, but shes too feral and the owners want to put her down. Vampire Dante has been given an ultimatum from his father, marry or be thrown out of the family company. Whats better to scare his father with than a feral woman, not suited for better company? At the same time, Megan, Cian and Finn are being targeted by mercenaries. Longing for the third book (it better be a third one =D ) with the cousin Bronwyn and her destiny. ...more
Diane Thorne
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 The humor was great in this one. Good story. I recommend this one. Be prepared to laugh.
Raine
Good book. I liked that Dante was a bad boy until he found Kaja. I teared up in this book thinking of all the Kaja went through.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

A LASR BEST BOOK!

On the vampire plane as well as the Seelie realm a single name strikes fear and awe into the inhabitants…Dante Dellacourt.

Okay, so maybe Dante doesn’t inspire fear as much as sexual lust. However, few people make the mistake of disrespecting this vampire royal.

We initially met Dante in author Sophie Oak’s first foray into the paranormal genre with Bound. Dante was essential in the rescue of his cousin’s, the Seelie Ki
Karen
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love this series, so much more than a erotic book, storyline is very deep, covers the war/politics of the different planes or dimensions like vampire plane, wherewolf plane, planeswalkers - hell planes since they are demons, and many more. Full of fantasy fae, all kinds, all the characters we love to read about but placed in a well writen story with some hot sex...

If you could imagine you whole life being stolen when your the king to be and you must retreat to a poor existance in a dangerous for
Riane Kinky Book Reviews
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, m-f, paranormal
As reviewed on kinkybookreviews.com:
Dante Dellacourt is a rich, spoiled, "man whore"... only in a good way. Well, ok so his family doesn't think it's good. After his latest scandal involving the vampire version of a certain reality tv show, his Dad gives him an ultimatum. Find a consort and settle down, or be disowned.

Kaja is a werewolf. She has been labeled an outcast from her pack and left to starve on the frozen plane she's from. While learning the hard way how to survive, she was attacked an
C Joy
I liked this better than the first, as obviously indicated in my 5-star rating. Kaja and Dante couldn't be more perfect for each other, one wouldn't miss the vampire-werewolf pairing. I failed to note in my review for the previous story how refreshing Ms Oak's spin on the paranormal genre is. I thought I've read a lot about them and this new concept/realm comes along, so kudos to Sophie Oak!

On to my review: I'm really wary of reading about vampires, but I never get enough of werewolves, and Dant
Fairyblood
Dante is a playboy vampire from a wealthy and loving family on the vampire plane. Unlike his cousins , Beckett and Cian the exiled princes of the Seelie plane, Dante doesn't really want responsibilities.

Kaja was an outcast in her werewolf pack. Always shunned and forgotten, she was thrown out into the cold. Finding her way to the refugee plane, she was thrown into a cage as a captured consort to be won. Frightened of her surroundings, Kaja does not submit quiety. Only Dante seems to be the only
Bea
Mar 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This might be my favorite Sophie Oak book yet! If you liked the first one, you will like this one. If you thought the first was lacking, then you will love this one.

When we met Dante in Bound, he was humorous and lively, but you could tell that he was lacking a maturity level. But I was intrigued by him nonetheless in the first book and looked forward to his own story.

What we see here is a man who is afraid of disappointing his family, so he ignores his own passion and acts frivolous as the "bad
Aline
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't know if it'll be considered a spoiler if I give my reaction the the ending but just in case you are forewarned. There might me spoilers 'round these parts I reckon.

*reads first sentence of epilogue*
*gasps*
*nearly faints*
*gets back up and yells* WHAT THE FUCK!

But seriously I did not see that coming. Out of the whole book that made me give it 5 smackaroonies. Everything else was great too but that epilogue pushed me over the edge...of my bed.

Heyyyyy it's a fairly far distance.
Laz the Sailor
Sep 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: z-2016-botb, fantasy, smut
I really liked book #1, and so had high hopes for this story. Set in the same universe(s), this story continues the struggles between two sets of paranormal creatures. One supposedly less evil than the other.

Our new H/h pair go through the same issues of learning about the different realms and how they interact. And while the lust was strong, the actual characters were not. Dante was really a pain, and his transformation was slow and didn't really ring true for me. He left Kaja alone and unsuppo
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Seriously Sophie Oak!!! You have made me fall head over heels in love with Dante, not only is he a smartass but so sweet and caring. With this second installment you've made me yearn to read the next book in the series. :sigh: Anyway please please please give this series a chance you won't regret it people!! You will grow to love the characters and the storyline is amazing if you love the Fae and Vampires.
Ellen Shannon
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW!

Love this book and this series. It had adventure, werewolves, vampires and love.

Dante seems like a playboy vampire with nothing else to do but make trouble. He is threaten with being cutoff from the family so he comes up with a scheme to appease his father but still have his own life. Then he meets Kaja in an unlikely place. Soon he is changing his plans to keep her.

Read this book and the other two in the series to find out what happens....
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-faery-story
Another awesome 5 star rating in this wonderful series!!!

I totally loved Dante....He was hilarious and one of my fave vampires of all time (yes that includes you Edward Cullen)

I am so sad there is only 1 more book to go..... Now I have officially read all Sophia Oak books....

What Now???
April
Another awesome book from Mrs Oak! This continued the story arc from the first book. I loved the introduction of parallel universe Julian Lodge!

Really happy I waited until the third book was out to read these, cause the teaser at the end would have had me super impatient to get to the next book!
April
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: siren-publishing

Jill
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Do love this series, can't wait for next one. Sexy, bdsm themes.
Jacqueline
Jul 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jacqueline by: Carolyn F.
My first by this author. I really liked the first part but the second part dragged a bit. I know this is supposed to be erotica but the story was more interesting that the sexy bits.
Debbie
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved Dante. I knew after reading the first book that his would be great and I wasn't wrong.
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i love kaja, after everything shes gone through she still looks on the brighter side things. Danta doesnt realy deserve her but he does make up for it when he get his head out his ass.
  • Hour of the Lion (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #1)
  • The Breaker's Concubine
  • Iron Dominance (Steamwork Chronicles, #1)
  • Victorious Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #1)
  • Her Gentle Giant, Part 1: No Regrets (Divine Creek Ranch, #2)
  • Worlds Apart
  • Their Greatest Treasure (Power Surge: The Billionaire Club, #1)
  • Deal with the Devil
  • Three Dog Night (Triple Trouble, #3)
  • Artistic Vision (The Gray Court, #3)
  • On Your Knees (Cress Brothers, #1)
  • Tailspin (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • Grace's Final Submission (Locks & Chains, #1)
A lifetime devotee to the written word, Sophie published her first novel this year. Prior to becoming a novelist, she worked in theater and comic books. She lives in Fort Worth, Texas with her husband and three precocious children, who wonder when mom is going to write a book they will be allowed to read. Her answer: probably never. Sophie believes in happy endings for everyone, no matter how extr ...more

A Faery Story (3 books)
  • Bound (A Faery Story, #1)
  • Beauty (A Faery Story, #3)
“...I don't know what marriages are like on your plane. I know Fae marriages can be all about respect and treating your wife like a lady. That's crap, love. You're my wife. I'm going to do all sorts of filthy things to you because you belong to me. You're my little toy. I'm going to fuck you as often as I can and in as many ways as my filthy mind can come up with. That's a strong marriage.” 28 likes
“...Her body twitched from his magic. "What is this feeling?" She panted as she asked the question. Her body felt pleasantly soft. His motions slowed and became languid.

"It's called an orgasm," he replied in that slow, silky way of his. She loved his voice when it got thick like honey. Most of the time he spoke so quickly that she lost track. She liked it when his tone got deep and husky. "You should have one every time a man touches you. If you don't, punch him in the face.”
11 likes