Start by marking “Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)

Fate's Edge (The Edge #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  14,201 Ratings  ·  987 Reviews
Audrey Callahan left behind her life in the Edge, and she's determined to stay on the straight and narrow. But when her brother gets into hot water, the former thief takes on one last heist and finds herself matching wits with a jack of all trades...

Kaldar Mar—a gambler, lawyer, thief, and spy—expects his latest assignment tracking down a stolen item to be a piece of cake
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published November 29th 2011 by Tantor Media

To ask other readers questions about Fate's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fate's Edge

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Buddy reread with the Awesome IA Army Of Utter Awesomeness (aka the eye candy IA Addicts).

Previous rating: 4
New rating: 10

4 stars?! 4 FREAKING STARS??!! What the bloody fish was I thinking when I first read this book??!! I must have been very high or very drunk at the time. Or both. Damn, I wonder what I was taking back then, it must have been seriously powerful stuff for me to give 4 pathetic little stars to this Awesome Piece of IA Awesomenessss!

Conmen and congirls, and bloodshed, oh my! Mag
Anne
OMG. Bad boys, right?

description

I loved Kaldar when I met him in Bayou Moon, so I was excited to read his story.
And he didn't disappoint! Neither did Audrey, for that matter. I loved the snarky back-and-forth between those two, because arguing is the spice of every good relationship.
Ah, ah, ah! You know I'm right, ladies...

description

Now, I don't mean the are you fucking my sister?! arguments. I mean the kind of everyday battles you fight over the small stuff.
Remotes, covers, thermostats, driving skills, and who g
Gordon
Jul 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We really had fun working on this one, Ilona got to put in her Ocean's Eleven and Leverage elements and I got to put in my disdain of Prosperity Preachers, plus there is romance and fighting. Bayou Moon is still my favorite but this is a very close second. Oh, crap, am I damning my own book with faint praise? Probably, they should put that on there as a blurb, "not as good as the last one but not completely terrible either."
Robin (Bridge Four)
Re-reading with all my fellow addicts at Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA) again....yes that makes it 3x but I don't care I love this series.

+++ After Morning Star and Calamity I need something I know I'm going to love or risk falling into a severe book funk.

This was just perfect....Kaldar can pull anyone out a book funk. Plus George and Jack helped a ton.
The blond boy called out. “I’m terribly sorry, but is there any way we could grab that cage off the porch? We won’t disturb your dalliance.”
Dallia
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3,5 Stars

BR with the awesome IAA gang.

Hook is my Kaldar. It fits perfectly!

I wanted to love this book. I did want to, badly. It didn't work that way though. Although IA's usual charm is still there, in the badass characters, in the great dialogs, in the bickering couple, in the freaking awesome side characters, this book was just a tiny bit too slow for me to love.

Kaldar and Audrey were great. I loved how Kaldar could charm the pants off a nun and how Audrey could con her way into anything. Stil
Felicia
Why did this sit on my Kindle for so long unread? Because I'm a dumbass. This book was SOOO fun. I've said it before about this series, and I'll say it again. This author knows how to write kids in urban fantasy that I don't want to get shipped off to military school and never see again. I LOVE these kids' characters. And honestly, i think I wasn't crazy about the love interest from the last installment and that's why I was slow to read this, but the book really matched the leads up well. Top UF ...more
Katie Michaels
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Edge series has turned a corner for me with this book. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the first two. But in each installment, I felt like I had to work for it. Now, for the first time with this series, I was able to jump into the story with both feet from the beginning. Maybe it's because I am already familiar with the world building and many of the characters, but I don't think so. I think it's more of a change in focus. This book felt much more honed in on our main couple and their adventu ...more
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
This third installment in Ilona Andrews' THE EDGE series may be the best one I've read yet! The Edge is a semi-magical border land that lies between two dimensions: a magical version of our world (the "Weird") and our normal world (what the Weird and Edgers call the "Broken" because their magical powers don't work here). Only a few people can cross over the magical borders in either direction, and Audrey Callahan is one of them.

Audrey is one of an Edge family of gifted and dedicated con artists
Alexa
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
My favorite of the series so far :D

Our new leading lady, Audrey, is just as awesome as any other IA female character. But I liked her better because she was different! Most IA females are snarky and wouldn't worry about kicking some behind if needed. Audrey is smart, great at what she does... but she's not snarky. Sarcastic yes, funny too! But she was a bit.. softer? I liked the change.

Kaldar was also amazing. He was funny and direct, so refreshing!

I loved the interactions between then and I w
Kristen
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is dedicated to all my IA loves :*

The tangent:

I have been reading The Edge series with a bunch of wonderful IA lovers. I did not review the first two books because real life was smacking me in the face. I decided to review the 3rd book for three main reasons:

A) It has been my favorite of the series.
B) oOSarahOo is being her normal annoying self (AKA amazing)
C) Life stopped bitch slapping me in the face. (Thanks life!)

By Sarah being her normal annoying self, I mean that she won’t get
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I would be such an easy mark for Kaldar Mar, he would just smile his seductive smile and I would hand him over all my worldly goods. Granted, he may be disappointed as he will mostly come away with more books then he can carry and Xavier the Xbox but it is all there ripe for plucking. Luckily Audrey Callahan isn't as gullible as I am, so she would probably manage to keep her Xbox (if she had one) and most her books (I reckon Kaldar would take a few, just because he can) but, will she keep her he ...more
Melanie
1.) On the Edge ★★★★
2.) Bayou Moon ★★★★

Buddy Read with Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA)!

So, Kaldar's book was everything amazing that I expected it to be, and then so much more! I still think I like On the Edge a little more, but it definitely surpassed Bayou Moon. I mean, this whole series is great, but if I'm ranking them, this comes in at a close second.

I also loved all the different POVs. In Bayou Moon it seemed to only be about Cerise and William, and we didn't get to see Declan or Rose until
Angela
4.5 Stars

This book started a bit slow for me. There was quite a bit in the beginning in Jack and George's POV, which was interesting, but I was really looking forward to getting to the story.

Once Kaldar - what a great character, full of life, charm, and loyalty - and Audrey met the story really picked up and I couldn't stop turning pages, staying up far into the night to continue reading.

If you've read Bayou Moon you know Kaldar of the Mar family. He's taken a job with the Mirror in order to gai
Orient
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: action lovers
Recommended to Orient by: Milda Page Runner
Fate's Edge has action (though, I think this book was a little bit slower than the other books. ), romance, magic, love and danger, just a great mix ;))). I know I will repeat it, but it needs to be said once more - Andrews team has a wonderful skill to write! I liked Kaldar in the second book so I was excited to find out more about him in this, third, book. He's such an enjoyable guy to make a great read and I was so eager to know more about his adventure. I like his humour, audacity, rebellion ...more
Nicole
Actual rating 3 stars. 1 star removed for reasons I'll explain when i review this book.
Erica Ravenclaw
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

☆☆☆☆

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

On the Edge (Book 1)

Bayou Moon (Book 2)

Ah! This, again, took me awhile to sink into. I'm not sure why I find the beginning of all of these books so tedious, but somehow I plow through, because I know how worth it, it is to finish. They are so good. I think I had forgotten how negatively I felt throughout most of the entire first book, yet I gave it a descent rating, they won me over with that ending. That seems to be the theme of me and these
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Listen, I see the appeal of Kaldar, I really do, but this book initially took forever to get into. I found the pace at the beginning to be slow and I became so irritated at the plot device of including Jack & George, that I stopped reading. I probably wouldn't have read this due to the aforementioned abhorrent plot device, but I did it for the IA BR.

What's right in this book:
- Kaldar. He's a sly & charismatic fox. I imagine him kind of Zorro - piratey. He's a crazy Mar and can kill with
Allison
I'm really behind on writing reviews lately. I want to get this one out there since I've already finished the last book of the series, so I'm going for the random bullet point method.

Things I liked:

- The humor and fun of having a conman and conwoman as protagonists.
- I really enjoyed the heists.
- Kaldar is such a loveable rogue. There's plenty of witty dialog in the middle of serious jobs.
- Jack and George have large roles to play. I like how this series has romance, but also has side characters
Jen
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kate-daniels, fv, audio, uf, andrews
Audio May 2016

Audrey and Kaldar
When I pick up an Ilona Andrews book I start it knowing that I need to pay attention. Fate’s Edge, the third book in their Edge series, was no different. They immediately throw a lot of terms at you. You are introduced to the Edge, the Broken, the Weird, the Hand, the Mirror and so on. The first 100 pages of the book must be read slowly so you don’t miss any of the terms or what the Andrews are trying to show you to. Once you get past the initial info dump, as alwa
Emma
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's loads to love in this third instalment of the Edge series. I thought Kalder and Audrey were a great match- loved Jack, George and Gaston's involvement too. The action was pretty much non stop and I really enjoyed the heist vibe. I thought the ending was hurried and a bit twee, compared to the others though, so I had to knock a star off.
Still recommended!
☕ Kimberly
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2016
Fate’s Edge takes us back into the Weird and shares Audrey and Kaldar’s slow burning romance. Of course, the Andrews writing team weaves an intense fast paced story around their relationship.

Sadly, while I liked this couple, and the story was intense, they were not my favorite of the Edge series.

Audrey Callahan is a thief who has a seriously crappy family. She is cunning and quick with a lock pick, but please do not give her a sword. When she steals something for her father and learns it will fa
-ya
4.5-stars
This was my favorite of The Edge series by far!
Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™)
Time to worship at the IA altar! <-- I'm inaugurating a new shelf just for this.

How do Ilona and Gordon do it? How do they manage to write awesome worlds with cool magic + kickass heroines + fan-myself heroes + quirky banter+ gory goodness + LOL scenes + cute kids + cool pets, and then shake it all into a cocktail of pure awesomeness? Who knows? I suspect they made a deal with the devil. But whatever it was, it worked!

Random awesome quotes (I absolutely cannot pick “the best ones” when really
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Nov 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Publisher request, Suzanne!
4.5 STARS!

Posted on Under the Covers

While FATE’S EDGE is really the third book in The Edge series, it was my first delve into this alternate world of The Weird, the Broken and The Edge. Though I worried that I would be lost entering in the middle of a series, I soon found out that I had no reason to be. The writing team of Ilona Andrews may create a vastly unique and complex world, but they are considerate enough to add in a few details here and there for new readers who would like to try this
Jilly
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has got to be one of my favorite Edge books. I loved William the Wolf's wolfy brain in the last book, but I also fell for Kaldar Mars. He is one of those charming characters of questionable, but funny, morals. A pickpocket, conman, and manipulator who is now working for the Mirror, Kaldar is sent on a mission to retrieve a potentially dangerous weapon that other thieves took and placed in the hands of the bad guys. It takes a thief to catch a thief.

dog stealing photo: Stealing motivatorf44d8600e1c014ff4d5b36c37c.jpg
smart doggy...

But, he meets his match in
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
What is it that we love so much about con artists?

Whether it's Neal Caffrey on White Collar, the entire crew from Leverage, or something like Kristen Ashley's Play it Safe, it doesn't matter. I love them all. I love pirates too. And scoundrels and rogues.

And KALDAR.
Kathleen
(Lots of bloody murder, swearing, profanity, one or two sex scenes)

2.5 stars. Maybe I'm a grouch, but I can't quite find three stars in this book. I liked Book 1 -- On the Edge -- much better, and Book 2 -- Bayou Moon, is my favorite so far, cuz I adored William the wolf, and Cerise was one impressive warrior. (Book 4 update: Steel's Edge is great, too.)

Characters:
Kaldar, the secret agent who works for the Mirror, and Audrey, a lock-picker par excellence who is forced to help Keldar. The boys J
Mrs. Badass
How on earth to start this review... I could start by saying that I think Ilona Andrews writes SUPERB Worlds and Characters. I could say that Ilona Andrews has the most Fantastic imagination when it comes to monsters and villains. I could say that Ilona Andrews writes witty and funny dialogue, which doesn't feel forced or cheesy. (Unless they want it to, of course) But if I said all those things, what would I tell you about Fate's Edge? That would be the end of this review, and I then would tell ...more
JAIME
Feb 08, 2015 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-reads
DNF 69%

I have had this sitting on my 'currently reading' shelf for 6 weeks after pausing due to boredom.

And frankly, I'm sick of seeing it there, and I find myself disinclined to continue.

I love you, Ilona Andrews. But, I don't like reading series where the protagonist/s change with each book. So, you were pushing shit uphill right from the get go making me a fan of the Fate's Edge series.

Not happening.
Phrynne
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the new characters very much but I also enjoyed having Rose and Declan, William and Cerise and the boys all back and having important parts to play. The relationship between Audrey and Kaldar was delightful and some of their banter was really entertaining. I really liked this series from the very first book and so far it is still good. May there be many more!
  • Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists, #3)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2)
  • Late Eclipses (October Daye, #4)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
  • The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan, #3)
  • Bewitched & Betrayed (Raine Benares #4)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Under Her Skin
  • Death Magic (World of the Lupi, #8)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a better grade ...more
More about Ilona Andrews...

The Edge (4 books)
  • On the Edge (The Edge, #1)
  • Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)
  • Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)
“If the sky could dream, it would dream of dragons.” 195 likes
“Jack didn’t fully get Jesus. Audrey tried to explain it, and he could repeat it back to her, word for word, but he still didn’t comprehend most of it. The best he could gather was that Jesus lived long ago, told people to be nice, and they killed him for it. At the end, he asked who was Jesus’ necromancer and if he was in the Bible, then Kaldar couldn’t stop laughing and had to sit down.” 49 likes