Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III: More Stories of Life, Love and Learning (Chicken Soup for the Soul)” as Want to Read:

Published June 30th 2000 by Health Communications, Inc. (first published April 20th 2000)

Start your review of Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul III: More Stories of Life, Love and Learning (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
Victoria Perkins
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
So many reviews said that this book was generic and cheesy, and it totally is, but there were just some stories that made the read so worthwhile! Some stories honestly didn’t make much sense to me or I didn’t get the meaning behind them like Automobile Ambivalence, but even those were so fun to read. Also, I’m not really a fan of poetry, but the poetry in this book is really easy to understand and I liked it. Minimaxims For My Godson was probably my favorite.
Valentina :)
Mar 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No-one.
Recommended to Valentina by: Nora Trapp
This book is good to make teachers think you're reading during SSR, while you're actually staring into space. This book contains various stories on different topics written by different people in different times. :/ Some stories are really depressing, some are kind of funny because they're so random and unusual. I fell asleep while reading it. :)
Chloe
This little book was so inspiring! I loved all the little stories and how each bring a different message.

The story about self-hatred really stuck out to me. Unconditional love really is the most important gift. I saw this theme throughout the entire book.

Such a short, powerful book. Defiantly recommend :)
Alex
Oct 22, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: advisory07-08
This was so generic, it hurt! this is like all the other chicken soup for the teenage soul books. the only difference is the "theme" of teenagers (which doesn't really affect the stories all that much). theres the usual, heart break, unrequieted love, lost loved ones, and all your other good ol' "I AM HURT PLZ BE LOVING ME" sort of thing.
Julianna Martinez
Book Report Guidelines – Good Reads
Name of book: Chicken Soup for the Soul- Teens Talk
Author: Jack Canfield
Pages: Short story- The Makeover
Genre: Fiction
Reading Level of book:

Exposition (4-6 sentences)
Lena's parents are getting a divorce. Lena's friends have told her they are leaving her because she hasn't changed. Lena also doesn't feel pretty. Lena is going through a hard time both at school and at home. She doesn't have anyone to talk to about it.

Conflict: (4-6 sentences)
Lena needs her frien
Leila T.
Jun 29, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenagers? If they like this kind of thing
I liked about three or five of the (tens of) contributions in this book, at least one of which was by an adult. I think that part of the problem in my not liking this book is the part where I'm no longer a teenager. I'm sure that the themes and writing in the book might be more appealing to a teenager than to an adult, because by virtue of being written by a peer they are valued? But honestly I think highly enough of teenagers' capacity to read and write that I can't imagine most of them liking ...more
Miyanni 4sho
Nov 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2nd-quarter
I was so into volume one that I just went on, and on , and on to volume three. Now this book was more like the first one. This one talked abot the troubles of life and how we are to make it trough even if the next day is not promised wer still shiould believe in life. That is a qoute I made and kinda' added this qoute and related this to this book. I think ther main reason I loved this book so much is because at the time I was reading this book I was kinda of getting over the saddness of my aunt ...more
Kehyonah Graves
The third and final,not disappointing at all!!! It was probably the best out of three, and was the realest.
Alice
Apr 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing heartwarming adorable a truely great book
M.K. Aneal
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very short but inspirational read(:
Abby Miller
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Every teenager has something to relate to in this book. One of the best things about Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul is that it has a story for everyone because it is written by teens for teens. It’s a series of short stories and poems about every hard ship high schoolers face. It deals with friendships, death, sexuality, relationships, and so much more. However, I wasn’t totally sold on this book when I first started it. Since each story is really short, I felt that it was a little hard to ge ...more
Ryan B
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This collection of stories has something for everyone. From love, to friendships, to hardships, this book addresses many problems teenagers go through during their time of self discovery and change. Chicken Soup was both heartwarming and heartbreaking, giving a good representation of teen life. My favorite section of the book was, "Tough Stuff." I often found myself reading through "Tough Stuff" because I could relate to many of the stories. I highly recommend this book for all teenagers!
Destiny
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love that with these books they use real peoples stories, they are compelling and teach lessons. They don't only teach the author of the short story but it teaches the reader. A lesson I learns from reading this book is to never let your feelings for someone go unsaid, that is how you loose them. I helped me realize that feelings of love and respect should never go without being said, they can affect a person's life more than you will ever know.
Elizabeth Castro
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought I wouldn't get past the nocuous first chapter about teen love, which felt like it was written by adults. I wondered if I'd felt that way once...but probably. I'm glad I kept reading, which lead up to real issues and situations teens face, and real feelings I have felt. Teens may want to skip the first chapter, and get to the "meat" of the book, but overall I think the book can be helpful.
Diana
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed the Chicken Soup for the Soul books and have a collection of them. I especially liked the ones for teenagers as I could really relate to them when I was a teenager myself. Even now I can go back and read them and be reminded of my teenage years.
Savannah
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love these books!!
Jozie Desautels
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good.
Carollynn
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
heartwarming and full of true amazing stories of which this one stuck:

Why Rion Should Live
By Sarah Barnett

High school didn't frighten me. Oh sure, the endless halls and hundreds of classrooms were overwhelming, but I took it in with all the pleasure of starting a new adventure. My freshman year was full of possibilities and new people. With a class of nearly two thousand newcomers, you just couldn't go wrong. So I, still possessing the innocence of a child concealed in a touch of mascara and li
Paula
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Awesome for teens! Not as impactful for me
Lol
Pooja Banga
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: november-reads
The third volume in the Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul series gives more love, support and inspiration for the series' loyal teen readers. More and more, life is a struggle for teens. Not just dealing with the tragedies that seem to plague them so often, but also handling the daily pressures that pervade their lives. This book, like the first two volumes in the series, will help them, and will serve as their guide and constant companion.

Chapters focus on love, friendship, family, tough stuff
Diana Martinez
Jan 07, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who like love stories
Recommended to Diana by: no one
Shelves: english-1
So far i started reading Chicken soup for a teenage soul III. Its about how teenage girls go through trouble in there life about love, friends and things at home. The first story that i read was about a girl in middle school who has a crush on a boy in one of her classes. He is the jock of the school, and she is the shy girl that not a lot of people talk to. she wears overalls and ripped shirts and ripped jeans and her hair is rarely ever done. She thinks that he will never pay attention to her ...more
Brittany
Jun 26, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Chicken soup fans, Teens
How I Came To Read This Book: My sister owns the first two teenage chicken soup books, I own the third.

The Concept: These books are really all extensions of one another, and extensions of a much larger, familiar franchise. Heartwarming (or heartstring-pulling) stories of being a teenager or encounters with teenagers that are meant to melt even the frostiest of dispositions.

The Good & The Bad: These books are packed to the gills with schmaltz, and likely blur the lines between fiction and reality
Michaela
Jun 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: term-3-reading
GraceQ
Apr 13, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul is a book of non-fiction short stories written by teenagers who submit their stories, essays, poems, and other writings to the publisher. The works in the book are usually one to five pages long and are divided into groups. Some of the groups include friendship, family, life lessons, growing up, and self-discovery. The stories are based on the personal experiences of its author. In the stories, the author usually faces an internal or external conflict. In most ...more
Anna
Nov 08, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: a teenager?
The Chicken Soup books are basically collections of stories that people send in, usually with morals, and this chicken soup book is no different. Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul talks about experiences that people had during their teenage years: frienships, hardships, deaths, lessons learned, etc. When I was younger I read the Chicken Soup for the Kid's Soul book, although I admit I mostly read the sections on deaths and hardships (What can I say, I was a very morbid kid).

Sometimes it is hard
Trevor Wells
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: etc
I don't get why Chicken Soup For The Soul books have such a bad rep. Most of these stories weren't overdramatic or cheesy. They were written in a poetic, deep way that really elicit whatever emotion it intends to elicit.

The book, like all Chicken Soup books, are split into sections: Relationships, Friendship, The Power Of Love, Family, Lesson, Tough Stuff, Overcoming Obstacles, Self-Discovery, and Growing Up. There were a few stories that were cliche and corny, (which were mostly reserved in the
Sarah L
May 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
First of all, this book was absolutely full of great stories about how to get through those tough times in life. One part of this book that really popped out for me was "Overcoming Obstacles". It was without a doubt encouraging to learn how young people persevered through tough times in their lives.
Also I thought that this was a great book. It showed that people aren't afraid to push through difficult times in life. It demonstrated that if others could handle the obstacles in life, then so cou
I like the "Chicken Soup" series. I think it works well as an introduction to the memoir but it's been a while since I've read any of them myself so I took one off the shelf and began reading.

I had difficulties relating to the first few sections; I wasn't in the mood to deal with teenage drama and angst. After a relaxing weekend, I was ready to begin again. This time I was touched.

Usually "Chicken Soup" books make me cry. This one didn't. It may have been because I was reading along with student
Alexander Andros
Oct 10, 2013 is currently reading it
The book I'm reading is called, Chicken Soup for the Soul 3. The author of this book is Jack Canfield. The genre of this book is non-fiction. The setting of the story is unknown. The characters in the book are Jack, Mark, and Kimberly.
In the beginning, it talks about a boy named Shay Powers talking about his life. In the middle it talks about how you should love yourself and believe in yourself as growing up as a teenager. Towards the end it talks about letters and relationships from girls and
Erica Simon
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
With inspiring stories from many people it helps through relationships, family issues, and regular daily life. I enjoyed reading this book because it helped me through a lot of issues in my life. As i read through this book it gave issues from many people about their personal experiences as honest writters. They give insight on how they got through their social issues, and how you can get through yours too.

I recommend this book to anyone who is going through any family or relationship experience
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Care & Keeping of You: The Body Book for Girls (American Girl Library)
  • The Funny Thing Is...
  • Frog and Toad Are Friends (Frog and Toad, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Necklace (The Five Find-Outers, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Strange Messages (The Five Find-Outers, #14)
  • The Mystery of the Spiteful Letters (The Five Find-Outers, #4)
  • The Mystery of Tally-Ho Cottage (The Five Find-Outers, #12)
  • St Clare's Collection 3: Books 7-9 (St Clare's Collections and Gift books)
  • The Lost Princess in Winter's Grip (Tell Me A Story, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Disappearing Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #2)
  • Drama Queen / Puppy Love (Double Dork Diaries #5; Dork Diaries #9-10)
  • Manorama Yearbook 2018
  • Student's Encyclopedia of General Knowledge: The best reference book for students, teachers and parents
  • St Clare's Collection 1: Books 1-3
  • The Mystery of the Strange Messages: Book 14 (The Find-Outers)
  • The Mystery of Smugglers Cove (The Mystery Series #1)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Secret Crush Catastrophe (Dork Diaries, #12)
  • The Story of Babar (Babar, #1)

Canfield received a BA in Chi