Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul: Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit (Chicken Soup for the Soul)” as Want to Read:

Since the original publication of Chicken Soup for the Soul in 1993, the authors have been collecting and editing stories for this volume. These stories will deepen readers' Christian faith and exp
Published April 1st 1997 by Health Communications, Inc. (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul

Maria's Book Blog
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is not my typical kind of book. I usually go for the supernatural stuff, but these books were part of Amazon's "Daily Deal" at a great price do I decided to go for it. I loved these stories, they were heartwarming and taught me some valuable lessons. I bought another Chicken Soup book that I'm looking forward to reading next.
Hailey
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked this book.
It was interesting to see through the eyes of people with different religious backgrounds than I, and realize they're not really different at all. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, it is comforting and strengthening to know that God helps all of His children who love and remember Him. The evidence that God is real is alive in all of these people and their stories!! :)
Annie Grace
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a set of short stories best for a bed time read. This book is nothing about religion but more about application of Christian values to an everyday life. The stories belong to different topics such as hope, miracles and death. And a few stories are even life changing. They will surely change your perspective towards the things in life. Sure a must read for every Christian.
Denise Boulet
Wonderful book! Still read it from time to time!
Kathy Beck
Jun 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
When I need to get closer to my faith this book really helped.
Lora Swafford
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Loved the stories, however most of them rarely had anything to do with Christianity in itself. But all together, great stories.
Taryn Rai Spearey
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chriastian-books
I loved this! All of the short stories were so moving and touching. It was really great to see so many stories about other people who have a belief in God.

My favorite section of the book was the 4th section on faith. That was good.

Alex Vasai
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A special book which will be your companion during tough times, the title says it all, this is a book for your soul!
Diana
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed the Chicken Soup for the Soul books and have a collection of them. The Christian ones impressed me and I am glad my husband added them to my collection.
Solana
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the stories in this. They made me laugh and cry. It warms the soul!
The Book Man
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love chicken soup!
Maybe that’s one of the reasons I choose to read this book. :D

“Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul” is a collection of stories from different authors. These [101] stories will deepen your faith, open your heart and re-kindle your spirit.

“I will Honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.” ~Charles Dickens (That’s my prayer,)
“Live in such a way that those who know you but don’t know God will come to know God because they know you”
~ Anonymous
“Do what you ca
Boy
Sep 27, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: you
Sedikit berbeda dengan edisi untuk remaja, buku yang secara khusus memang ditujukan bagi umat Kristen ini memasukkan unsur-unsur keKristenan di dalamnya.
Kumpulan kisah-kisah menarik tentang hidup, pergulatan batin, konflik antar sesama, konflik pribadi, keluarga, lingkungan sosial, Gereja, dan juga relasi pribadi dengan Tuhan masih disajikan dengan format yang sama dengan "Chicken Soup for teenage soul". Akan tetapi nilai-nilai positif yang disampaikan sudah lebih banyak untuk ditujukan pertumbu
Nivea
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
The book was amazing... It had several heart-warming stories that everyone can connect to at a personal level. I also loved how the book explores several themes such as faith, love, overcoming obstacles, etc instead of just focusing on a single topic... The book is sure to leave a lasting impression on anyone who reads it, with its optimistic take on life.

Kudos to all those who worked hard to present such a beautiful book to the whole world!!
Iantony
Not exactly my kind of book, mostly since I'm not the religious type. Still I found this book interesting! I got to see the live story of people with different religion and cultural backgrounds, how they solved their problems, be thankful for their graces, et cetera. These stories are comforting and heartwarming. To put simply, reading this book will 'keep your faith in humanity in check.' Thanks to my ex-girlfriend back then in high school for this gift. I still keep the copy until today.
Tasha enderby
Apr 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011, christmas
I can't imagine the time it takes to put one of these chicken soup for the soul books. There are many theme's, something for everyone and I have never really put a thought to actually reading one. This book was a gift from a friend and so I felt like it would honor our friendship to read the gift before passing it on to someone else. This was a wonderful book on faith, hardships, love and pure miracles of God. My own faith grows stronger with these tales and I found the pages quickly turning.
Jessamay
Oct 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian, 2011
I felt a lot of stories would have touched me more, if the writer hadn't made them so ridiculously over-sentimental. This wasn't true for all of them, but some of them, while the intention was clearly to have me in tears, instead just made me roll my eyes. A lot of them weren't particularly Christian - someone just happened to mention God at some point. They were largely very nice, and quite uplifting, but I don't feel they've really inspired me on my Christian walk, or anything.
Martine
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. Makes a great "bathroom" book. No matter your faith the stories will touch you one way or another. Some were very inspiring. Great work can't wait to pick up my next Chicken Soup book.
Bee Lubis
Jan 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: no-indonesia
This book always strengthen me when I feel lost in life. I learned some life stuffs through the contributors' experience. Some stories make me laugh, some stories start me to cry, some stories build regret in my heart, and some stories encourage me to re-think about my life.

Good!
Joy Gerbode
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Some of these stories are priceless ... many very inspirational, lots of tear jerkers. Really good reading for evening devotions, or for light quick stories ... just make sure you've got time for a few tears (and also lots of smiles!)
Meadow Frisbie
Nov 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
I Loved it. The "on the lighter side" section was probably my favorite. There are stories with humor, cheer, faith, love, grief...and more
Tara Guiffredo
Aug 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Short stories of Christian experiences. There were some Catholic ones too, but they all spoke or referenced God in the same kind of manner.
Rivkah.
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
It was okay. Some of the stories were funny but it wasn't my favorite book. I did like how they included some funny church stories from celebraties.
M&rcu$ #u+chin$
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of these books so it should be very entertaining.
Sara Schuck
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked the book overall its an easy reader and could relate to a few of the stories.
Myriam St-Denis Lisée
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oui, je l'avoue, j'ai aimé ça. C'est de même.
On peut à la fois aimer les sushis et la poutine, les smoothies faits à partir de fruits bio et les MisterFreeze. :-)
Courtney
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this as a tween for some reason....
Theresa Williams
Sep 01, 2013 marked it as wrong-bookstores
wrong book
Liz Gibbs
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star
Given to me by Jenny Walden. A lot of emotional pieces. Very enjoyable to read. Finished Summer 2000 [Appx. 7/2000]
Katharine Wheeler
Dec 21, 2013 rated it liked it
loved the stories, few weree very inspirational
Pixismiler
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Good book.
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It
  • Stories for the Heart: Over 100 Stories to Encourage Your Soul
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Teens
  • Secrets to Exceptional Living: Transforming Your Life Through the Fruit of the Spirit
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Questions of Life (Alpha: A Practical Introduction To the Christian Faith, Includes Study Guide)
  • Devotions for Dating Couples: Building a Foundation for Spiritual Intimacy
  • The Energies of Love: Using Energy Medicine to Keep Your Relationship Thriving
  • The Golden Children's Bible
  • The Lessons of Saint Francis: How to Bring Simplicity and Spirituality into Your Daily Life
  • Teaching with Fire: Poetry That Sustains the Courage to Teach