Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Mother and Daughter Soul: Stories to Warm the Heart and Honor the Relationship (Chicken Soup for the Soul)” as Want to Read:

The relationship between a mother and daughter is one of the most profound bonds in life. A mother feels her daughter's first kick during pregnancy, labors to bring her daughter into the world and
Paperback, Paperback Health Communications, 384 pages
Published March 18th 2003 by Health Communications, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Mother and Daughter Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Mother and Daughter Soul

Quanti
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Půlka mě rozbrečela dojemnými příběhy a druhá dostala do deprese z toho, že takováhle matka nikdy nebudu... no nic, tak aspoň táhnout káru dál :)
Robin
Jul 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: mothers and grown daughters
Recommended to Robin by: Elease
This was a sweet and heart warming read. Many heart felt stories of favorite memories of beloved mothers. "Who ran to help me when I fell, And would some pretty story tell, Or kiss the place to make it well?...my mother. -Jane Taylor

Bookish
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Almost every other story made me teared. And i learnt several life lessons as a person and a mother. A must-read for all mothers with daughters especially when you doubt your mothering efforts
Frank & Tiff Mesinas
Heartwarming

Love seeing many different stories and perspectives of other mothers or how children saw their mothers. I have a few kids so it was really comforting
Pam
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing and inspirational as always.
Sue J
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have never been a mother, but I had the best Mother in the world. Wonderful book. Memories.
Kelly Salasin
The first story that I ever published (in a book) is part of this collection and was chosen as the sample story in the marketing for this and the follow up collection: http://www.motherdaughterrelations.co...

I was delighted to discover that the editors were a team of mother-daughters from Northampton. When I finally met them at a reading a year later, the first thing they wanted to see was--The RING!
Rita
Jul 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was a gift from my Mother-N-Law and I love it and somehow it's made me feel closer to her. It has opened up my eyes to the very precious relationship and love that grows between so many mothers and daughters. I'm gonna buy it for my Mom! So if you like mushy heartwarming stories this is for you, not to mention their short!
Tanya
Dec 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I helped with this book when I was in college. My senior internship. YAY! My name is on Page XX of the Acknowledgments tee hee. The selections will make you cry and laugh! I loved helping grade them. My mom and I had a good laugh at the irony of me working on this title of all titles. We had a rough patch but came full circle in the end! Love and miss you mom!
Olivia Taloma
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book made me realize how time flies. Before I know it, my daughter will be a young woman with her own life and family. Learning to treasure each moment with her and to prepare her for what will come.
Samia
Jul 06, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It feels like i am ready to experience the battles of motherhood!

JK LOL.

This book teaches you the heartfelt, true meanings of what it means to be a daughter of a mom or even a foster mom.

I loved all of the stories and lessons. ^_^
Trisha
Jan 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book was a great read. My mom gave this to me when she had moved away for a year. There were stories in it that made me feel closer to her. I have this on a shelf and still pick it up to re-read a story or two every now and again
Lelyana
May 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you read this book, your special bond with your daughter would become a love of a life time..
Some short stories in this book, was really touched my deepest heart...and I am getting in love with my daughter...
Highly recommended for all Mums all over the world
Vanessa
Jan 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mothers, mothers with daughters, daughters
Read this shortly after lil miss was born, i'm re-reading it now.
Now that our daughter-mother bond has grown even more, the stories hit closer. I can only hope that one day we have our own stories to contribute.
Trinity
Jul 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
I'm reading this book now. This book is touching. I left my native country and family in March, so I am homesick. Whenever I read this book, I miss my family, especaially my mom. And I appriciate my mom, too. This book is real chicken soup for me.
Charissa
Jun 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Besides one very sad chapter about loss, I was touched by the selections in this book.
Jenny
May 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: women
Shelves: short-stories
I love Chicken Soup books and this one was no exception. I enjoyed reading about this relationship and the many forms it takes. The short stories also don't keep me reading into the night (usually).
Peggy
Jan 08, 2017 added it
My mom gave this to me for Christmas. Chicken Soup books are always good reads - only problem, they make me cry a lot.
Krystal Wilson
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read this with my daughter and we had a wonderful bonding time reading stories of mothers and their daughters!
Lucy
Oct 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
i gave this to my mom for mothers day along with a book mark that says mother and daughter are unseperatalble... now that i think about it, it is sooo not true
Ho Ty
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
failth allways is a great through and nice gesture of the soul
Trina Collins
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This book brought tears to my eyes many times, it was deep, emotional and thought provoking. It is truly a great book for anyone who is a Mother, a Daughter, has a Mother or has a Daughter.
Lynn Pribus
Oct 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Well, why not 5 stars? I have a story in this volume.

These stories -- a fair number from professional writers -- are written from the heart. Most leave you with a smile or a tear.
awash
Nov 17, 2011 added it
luv u mom :)
ive spent alovely time reading theses amazing stories ^^
Masyita
Jan 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Benar-benar tersentuh dan menginspirasi!!
Partridge Public
Canfield, Jack 306.87
Harleen
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Im not rating the stories or a mother daughters love a 4, im rating the book overall 4. who am i to rate the love one has for another
Tammy Sawyer
I bought this for my mom but I am going to read it first and dog ear my favorites!
♥☆~Lakshmi
Jan 31, 2009
Yenti Susanti
Oct 20, 2015
  • Many Ways to Say I Love You: Wisdom for Parents and Children from Mister Rogers
  • Hair: A Book of Braiding and Styles (Klutz)
  • Song of the Gargoyle
  • The Fox Hunt Mystery (Nancy Drew, #132)
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff at Work: Simple Ways to Minimize Stress and Conflict While Bringing Out the Best in Yourself and Others
  • Prayers for Emotional Wholeness: 365 Prayers for Living in Freedom
  • What to Wear for the Rest of Your Life: Ageless Secrets of Style
  • The Story of God and All of Us: Inspirations for Every Day of the Year
  • TREAT YOUR OWN NECK
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Stress: Manage Your Problems, Big and Small, Every Day
  • Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD: Beyond Piles, Palms,  Post-its
  • Chocolate Wishes (Red Apples)
  • Holy Bible: NIV Teen Study Bible, Revised (New International Version)
  • The Babysitter's Handbook: The Care and Keeping of Kids
  • I Touch the Earth, the Earth Touches Me
  • Answers to Distraction
  • Natural Family Living: The Mothering Magazine Guide to Parenting
  • Living a Charmed Life: Your Guide to Turning the Ordinary into the Extraordinary

Canfield received a BA in Chi