Start by marking “Foam Roller Workbook: Illustrated Step-By-Step Guide to Stretching, Strengthening and Rehabilitative Techniques” as Want to Read:

Read Book* *Different edition

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
AMPLIFY YOUR STRETCHES AND EXERCISES USING THE FOAM ROLLER
Once used exclusively in physical therapy settings, the foam roller has made its way into yoga and pilates studios, gyms and homes. With this simple device, you can:
-Improve core strength
-Increase flexibility
-Release tension
-Alleviate pain
-Rehabilitate injuries
Foam Roller Workout offers 50 effective exercises pai
Published April 12th 2011 by Ulysses Press (first published April 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Foam Roller Workbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foam Roller Workbook

Lacey
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I discovered foam roller workouts while attending physical therapy for a ruptured disc in the thoracic region of my back and shoulder impingement. When physical therapy was completed I needed a guide to continue my workouts at home. This book is an amazing guide for the entire body. It has pictures and descriptions so you can really understand how to execute the moves correctly.

I especially like that there are guides dedicated to specific body areas. For example, if you need to work your upper
Kathy
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For someone whose recently invested in a foam roller in the hopes it relieves her newfound daily DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) wake up call, this is a great book.

Love the goals, starting position pic and the steps of how to use the roller. Only focusing on the massage series- there is also the lying, kneeling and standing series for exercises. A great list of programs also with a focus on particular sports to target the areas utilised during that sport- need to try it for the running and
Kristen Kuhn
Mar 15, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was way too short and limiting. I need more specifics, and more options. I read and completed this in20 minutes..

This book was way to short, and needed more information. I read it in less than a half an hour.
J Hansen
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
The author is not an MD, as advertised on Kobo, but an Ed. D., which is a doctorate in education. Regardless of the validity of the material in the book, It is not written by a physician. To the degree that this might mislead customers, it should be corrected.
Anne
basic book which covers a variety of body areas to use this technique for. Insufficient for foot/ankle which I want to focus on.
Indicates a lot of exercises which require half rollers or multiple rollers to do them.
AJ Dreadfulwater
Lacking all current knowledge and understanding of myofascial release. The exercises are illogical and poorly organized as a program.
T
May 14, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
bought this for the stretches, not too impressed with all the 'exercises' many of which seem somewhat contrived to me
Anthony