Start by marking “The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4)

The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey #4)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  71,737 Ratings  ·  4,514 Reviews

My name—my True Name— is Ashallayn’darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl. . .

To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he t

Published October 26th 2011 by MIRA Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Iron Knight, please sign up.
Ruby This is techincally the last book in ‘the iron fey’, and so it is - the last book telling of Meghan, Ash, Puck, and their adventures. However, there…moreThis is techincally the last book in ‘the iron fey’, and so it is - the last book telling of Meghan, Ash, Puck, and their adventures. However, there are three more books afterwards, a trilogy - ‘the iron fey: call of the forgotten’. These are from a different person’s point of view, and set quite a few years after the iron knight.(less)
Juliaj Sorry thus is late but... this book is told from Ash's pov for Ash...
The Iron King by Julie KagawaThe Iron Daughter by Julie KagawaThe Lost Prince by Julie KagawaThe Iron Knight by Julie KagawaThe Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Everything Fae
268 books — 161 voters
Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The New Classics
53 books — 49 voters

More lists with this book...

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
OMG! I love Ash so much and I love this book so much ♥

This book picks up basically where the Iron Queen ended. Ash and Robin Goodfellow are going on quests in Nevernever. Ash is looking for something and they have the help of that sweet ish kitty, Grimalkin =)

And I love Nevernever. You just never know what kind of wonderfully, magical stuff you will find there. And things that want to eat you but we won't mention those!

On this journey, the friends run into all kinds of crazy stuff. At one poin
Candace
From the time I started listening to this series, I have been unable to pull myself away from it. Over the course of a week or so, I have read the entire series from start to finish. I have enjoyed every minute. (Okay, maybe not all of the time spent discussing Ariella.) Gladly, I can say that this series did not fizzle out at the end like many series do. This story was action-packed and engaging right to the very end.

Picking up where 'The Iron Queen' and 'Summer's Crossing' left off, Ash and Me
Mackenzie
Nov 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
UPDATE UPON READING:
Love this book, my favorite of the series!!!! I feel I understand Ash and his perspective on things much better now. Ms. Kagawa has done it again!!!
Ash was much less... romanticized in this book, which makes sense and I'm glad that Ms. Kagawa did that. If he was still like the "perfect" guy, that wouldn't make logical sense. The way she built his character in this book, you saw his strengths and weaknesses and how they made him the complete person---fey?--- that he is. I al
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)
Nov 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves to be told an EPIC story!

Simply put... PURE PERFECTION!

Story telling does not get any better than this...

I am utterly struggling for the right words to adequately review the brilliance of The Iron Knight, and the series as a whole, and do it ANY justice, so please bear with me.

How could Julie Kagawa meet the excellent story telling of The Iron Queen and her previous books in her series? While, from past experience, I had no doubt she could... I was still amazed that SHE DID... so expertly and so eloquently as only a
Sabrina
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-concluded
First, let me say that I really enjoyed the previous installments of this series; so I'm not happy to squash this one down. Maybe I'm in a bad mood lately, or maybe my standards have suddently become impossibly high, but I didn't like this novel.

Brief recap of what this story is about: to be with girl, boy has to acquire a soul. To do so, boy must pass an unspecified test. Girl has to do absolutely nothing in the meantime.

For the first 2/3 I was so bored that I wanted to gouge my eyes off with a
Kara
Nov 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ash, I love you. Enough said.
Kristalia
Final rating: 2/5 stars

This will be a really difficult review to write...this is my fifth time of rewriting it actually.

I enjoyed the book, and i loved the story. It's a roller coaster of emotions (as a matter of fact, i cried, laughed like crazy and was pissed off and raging a lot).

But! But! And more but! there is a reason it's not higher than 2. The reason lies in our famous ice prince of the Winter court, Ash.

There is just one thing for certain. You will either hate or still love Ash - or b
Shreya (☆High Lady of The Night Court☆)
Since I haven’t written reviews for the first 3 books I would like to start off by saying that all four of the books get 4.5 stars from me. I was pleasantly startled to see that it was really easy to get absorbed into this world and I got through each book pretty quickly. When I started this series, I think the first thing I noticed was that the plot for each book is relatively simple and the figuring out the twists and turns was not a hardship at all. Despite the simplicity of the storyline, I ...more
Sandy
Julie Kagawa knows how to end a series.

It's always sad (and a bit scary) to say goodbye to a favorite series. Last books come with such emotionally-fueled expectations. And after, some authors leave you feeling wrung out and crushed, while other authors make your heart sigh with happiness and contentment. Whenever I read a last book, I'm always overwhelmed with that feeling of Please don't ruin what you've created. Well, I am ecstatic to say that in The Iron Knight, Julie Kagawa gives us the per
Simona Bartolotta
2.5 for the same reason The Iron Queen is a 2.5. Some parts are just so tedious and useless.

"I will be with her again, or I will die."

description
(this gif is everything)

Yeah, I know that there was all that oath thing, so he was obliged to keep his word, yadda yadda, but stil: gag.

•I did like Ash as main character more than Meghan; not that it took that much, considering that when I began to read The Iron Knight I could formulate just one intelligible thought, and it was: No more Meghan for a while. Yes. Ye
~Tina~
Have you ever wanted to read a book so badly, and wanting it to be everything you hoped it would be, and then it turn out to met not only your expectations but went beyond anything you could imagine?
Well, that what's happened to me after reading The Iron Knight.

I feel in love with this series right from the very first book. One after the other getting stronger and better. So when I heard the last and final book was on it's way I was excited to see how it would end and sad to see this beloved wo
Soumi
From this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor and my life. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own life be forfeit.
description

I must say I have taken a brave attempt to write the review of The Iron Knight when I’m out of my words how to praise this book. How can I describe how much I loved this book when I’m still lost in thoughts and my hands are numb and shaking to write
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]

I’m very thankful that Julie Kagawa didn’t leave us the bittersweet ending of Megan and Ash story in the 3rd book (The Iron Queen) for making this 4th . . . [drum roll] The Iron Knight!

As the final installment of Iron fey series, Ash must take an impossible journey to find his way back to Megan. Since as Winter Fey he cannot survive in the Iron Kingdom and being a human is his only choice but will it be that easy to be human or more gaining a soul? Does he understand what that solution really me
shady boots | #20gayteen
See my review of the entire series on my blog!

_______________________________

Julie Kagawa is a god.

This series is easily my most favorite series of all time. And Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn is easily the best hero in all of YA fantasy. Just when I thought I couldn't love him more, I read this book. I realize now that love is an understatement for what I feel about Ash.

There wasn't a single part of this book that disappointed me. And the ending...oh... <3 Thank you is all I have to say. Thank you
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
My name, my full, True Name, is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, and I am the last son of the Unseelie Court.

I was not a big fan of the first two Iron Fey books, but The Iron Queen completely stole my heart! Those of you who've read it know all about the beautiful romance, the fierce battle and the bittersweet ending that ensued. I suspect many of her fans were unhappy with the way Kagawa wrapped things up. In fact, some were probably even outraged, but not me – I loved it. That’s why I wasn’t too thr
nico
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can only hope that this will put my heart at ease. After the iron queen, my heart felt shattered. I hope beyond hope that this ends up being ash and puck, their journey to find grim and hopefully mend the frayed fabric that was ash and meghan.
Mizuki
Apr 28, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought The Iron Queen is bad enough, but it was before I read The Iron Knight...

Julie Kagawa herself revealed in the interview at the end of this book, that The Iron Knight was written because her editor convinced her Meghan and Ash should not be broken apart.

Shame on you, editor.

So what should Ms. Kagawa do in order to get Meghan and Ash back together? What should she do to give her editor and all the Ash/Meghan shippers the Happy Ever After they want? Let's do a checklist:

(1) Put Ash on a
♥ Becky  22
You know that feeling you get when you finish the last book in a beloved series? Like a good friend just moved away?

I'm going to have a MASSIVE book hangover from this series.

This review is full of spoilers (Don't read it if you haven't finished this book;))

(view spoiler)
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Posted on: http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com/

"I’m almost there. Wait for me just a little bit longer."

I honestly don’t even know where to begin with this review and I don’t even think I could write a review that will do this book the praise it deserves but I will say this, The Iron Knight had everything I could have asked for and more. Julie Kagawa has utterly surpassed my expectations and blown all previous books away with her truly amazing writing, her creative imagination and her gift
This was a YA fantasy story, about Ash trying to find a way to be with Meghan in the Iron court.

I liked Ash in this, and I felt sorry for him too. It didn’t seem fair that he had to sacrifice so much to be with Meghan, when all he wanted to do was to love her and protect her. We also didn’t get much from Meghan at all in this book, which was quite a change.

The storyline in this was about Ash trying to become human so that he could return to Meghan and live with her in the Iron Realm, which requ
Sara (Freadom Library)
Actual rating 4.5 stars

Critically
Plot - 4.5 out of 5 stars
Really enjoyed it. It was exciting, action-packed, mysterious with a great mid-way plot twist and a very sweet and satisfying ending.

Writing Style - 4 out of 5 stars
It's very simple but with very beautiful and detailed descriptions. Every time there is a POV change, there is a slight change to match the voice of the person. Within the story, there's a lot of foreshadowing to later plot points which are a bit easy to catch on to.

Charact
Jeff
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a beautiful story with my beautiful Ash. 😍😍
Steph Sinclair

***Please note: It's been a while since finishing this book and I did not include many details in this review.

Initial thoughts after finishing the book:

Somebody get Stephenie Meyer on the phone because this is how you add onto a trilogy without completely screwing your characters over. This is how you make a semi-insta-love relationship awesome. This is how you end a love triangle. And this is how you write a freakin' book!

4 stars seems too low and I think I love Iron Queen a little more (whic
Penny
DNF

I just don't care about anything that happens here. I am not interested in the story and characters.

I am very disappointed with this series, everyone seems to love these books but I can't bring myself to care for this story. Although, to be fare, I must admit that the fey has never been a favorite fantasy topic for me, unlike vampires, who are my number one fantasy beings.

Despite being left unmoved by the Iron Fey series, Julie Kagawa's Blood of Eden series is still one of my favorite young-
Krystle
Nov 09, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have finally reached the end of this series. Finally. Let’s just say I’m just a masochist and I just had to find out how this damn things ends especially if I came this far. Hah.

The plot of this book was so predictable and dry. And that whole End of the World thing? Reminds me of the final bosses in the early Final Fantasy series. Yeah, call me not impressed. Everything seems so rehashed and overdone.

Do you remember what I said in my previous review?

“But anyway, the ending while actually resol
Louize
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: arc
After reading The Iron Queen, I remember saying that I was glad seeing Meghan mature. This time, it’s Ash’s turn…

“I promised I’d find a way for us to be together, I intend to keep that promise.”

I should have read the Survival Guide to the Nevernever first before I prowled into the book. Iron Knight is a non-stop action/adventure. Ash is so serious in keeping his promise that he was willing to go through everything as quickly as he should, and travel the extra mile needed to gain a soul. A ver
Saniya
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Loved it! =D <3
(I wrote such an awesome review for this, so hardly, but one stupid click made all my hardwork gone) >.<
So yeah. Loved it! ^.^

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
What's this review?
See, I was going to write a real review for that one and not a compilation of my rambling thoughts but thanks to wonderful girls, there's a badge Kat created to add a little love in this GR world and to show that we can write great reviews without spamming the hell of everyone.

I chose Chelsea's review because she perfectly captured what I felt reading this book... and because she's an amazing friend. Go read her review people <3

So, Chelsea, you're famous ma belle <3 a
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Destined (Wings, #4)
  • Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)
  • In the Forests of the Night (Goblin Wars, #2)
  • Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)
  • Forever Frost (Frost, #2)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • The Faerie Ring (The Faerie Ring, #1)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)

The Iron Fey (7 books)
  • The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
  • The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)
  • The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #2)
  • The Iron Warrior (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Hellboy Volume 1: Seed of Destruction
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Part One
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Annihilation (Southern Reach, #1)
    $9.94 $3.99
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Volume 1
    $5.99 $1.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • Life of Pi
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 1 (Smoke and Shadow, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 1 (The Promise, #1)
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • City
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl.” 631 likes
“You're here," I murmured, reaching out to touch him, hardly believing this was real. "You came back." Ash's breath hitched, and he put his hand over mine.
"I came home.”