Start by marking “Stories of the Heart” as Want to Read:
Stories of the Heart

Stories of the Heart

(Blossom Street #1.5 (What Amanda Wants))

Even as you read these words, there are women just like you stepping up and making a difference in their communities, making our world a better place to live. Three such exceptional women have been selected as recipients of Harlequin's More Than Words award. To celebrate their accomplishments, three bestselling authors have written short stories inspired by these real-life ...more
Published February 28th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stories of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories of the Heart

Start your review of Stories of the Heart
Monique Pearson
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read What Amanda Wants by Debbie Macomber since it ties in to the Blossom Street series. I enjoyed the touching story and am glad I learned something new about the difficulties teenagers with cancer face that are different from others. Sweet story and great update on Lydia's story from book 1.
Deborah D.
Mar 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the preface by each author, giving us a glimpse of the cause or movement which inspired the story and a few details about the people behind it.

I preferred the first story (What Amanda Wants) - probably because the story fit so nicely in the Blossom Street world of Macomber's making. A visit with some old friends and little glimpses on a couple new ones? Teens and cancer - not a lightweight topic but well handled.

I had a little harder time appreciating Lexi in 'Worth the Risk' - I think
Cheryl
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I only read What Amanda Wants" at this time because I'm reading the Blossom Street series. This story goes with the series.
Katie
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read the first story in this book, What Amanda Wants, by Debbie Macomber. It’s part of the Blossom Street series, which I’ve previously read.

This sweet story tells of Amanda, a teenager who has been diagnosed with cancer for the second time in her young life. As she battles cancer through chemo, a bone marrow transplant, and radiation, you follow her and her friendships and how she inspires many to make a difference.
Danielle Thompson
Review for Brenda Novak’s Small Packages.

Extremely sweet and heartwarming story. It was a quick light-hearted read filled with the good stuff: Love, family and friends.

Definitely a great story for new and old fans of her work to pick up.
Sparklin
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bn-50-pin
I read Small Packages. This is by far my favorite book by Brenda. It takes. This was such a sad and heartwarming story. I just loved reading about Noelle/Harrison. The chooses they made all for baby, Jeremy.
Elaine
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book of three short stories. This is listed at a Blossom Street 1.5 version, but I think that it really should be 2.5. It takes place after The Yarn Shoppe because of the change that the characters have already gone through.

Fun read and it is good that all stories revolve around charities.
Marianne
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
More Than Words: Stories of the Heart is an omnibus of three short stories dedicated to supporting causes of concern to women: What Amanda Wants by Debbie Macomber, Small Packages by Brenda Novak and Worth The Risk by Meryl Sawyer. What Amanda Wants promotes Melissa’s Living Legacy Teen Cancer Foundation in a touching story about a young woman who suffers a recurrence of her childhood cancer. Macomber fans will be delighted to know that some characters from the Blossom Street series play an ...more
Brittney
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked how fast this was to read and the amazing background to what the 3 short stories were about. so amazing!
April Suter
May 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Three short stores about people who are trying to make a difference.
What Amanda Wants by Debbie Macomber is a peak into A Good Yarn and Lydia has a connection to a teenager whose cancer has returned. (sounds familiar?)
Small Packages is a cute 'what if' story. What if you are raised by just your mom because the other parent chooses not to be a part of your life...and you find out now you will be a parent...and what if you are left with a child to raise...what choices to make?
Worth the Risk--Lexi
Michelle
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book contains 3 novellas: What Amanda Wants by Debbie Macomber, Small Packages by Brenda Novak and Worth the Risk by Meryl Sawyer. What Amanda Wants is an uplifting story about a very difficult situation; Ms Macomber did a great job at writing an uplifting story and everything is resolved well. Small Packages has a little bit of the "uh-oh I have to get this resolved because I'm almost at my page limit" so the story suffers a little. Worth the Risk just seemed to end. I didn't feel like ...more
Patricia Solla
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
What terrific heart warming stories. There are three stories from three different authors. First we get a real life description of a person and a charity they have established or are involved with working for a charity that the author has chosen to write about. Then we get a story based on something that relates to the charity. These were truely stories of the heart. I know there are other More Than Words Stores of ... I plan I finding and reading them too.
Ivy
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
I hate these books that are just a bunch of novellas. Any of the three stories could really have been improved by giving the author more that 100 pages of double spaced type. I never expect great literature from this type of book, but this one seemed particularly brainless. I like that each story dealt with a service organization and that some of the profits from the book will go to these organizations.
Mary
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Macomber touches the heart in What Amanda Wants--a young woman's story of strength and courage in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

Brenda Novak's Small Packages shows us how the love of a very special baby boy helps two people get past their pain and embrace a hopeful future...together.

Meryl Sawyer explores the importance of creating balance in our lives, stopping to smell the roses and making time to chase our dreams in Worth the Risk.
Pamela
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
This books contains three novellas. The idea behind the book is a fun raiser for three different real life organizations. Sales of the book go to help these organizations. So the idea is wonderful. The stories are surprising lacking. Especially Debbie Macomber's. I have read everyone of Debbie's books but this one is definitely the worse. If you are looking to support the causes the book and stories emphasize it is fine if you are looking for a good read-don't bother.
Tough Little Sister
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Three novellas by three authors—each selecting an organization to highlight. Loved the idea of weaving a story line around organizations making a difference.

Stories of the heart is a heartwarming, quick read.

My personal favorite? Small Packages by Brenda Novak. 5 Stars for a great story and for making me cry!
Dawn ♥ romance
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed these three heart warming short stories. I liked Macomber's story about teenagers with cancer but it didn't have any romance. My favorite was Novak's story about memory boxes for parents of a stillborn. Sawyer's story about importance of healthy eating was interesting and informative. Overall a very good book.
Tara
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
3 stores that really touched the heart - 1 about a cancer survivor, 1 about a lady who lost a baby and a husband but gained another baby and husband, the last one about a sister who wanted more for her sister and they both found more.
Gloria
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book which is really 3 short novellas. Each is designed to pay tribute to real women who have made a difference in their communities. The Macomber story follows Amanda and Annie from the Blossom Street Series. The characters from theother 2 stories were new to me.
Marcie
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this review is only for What Amanda Wants.. very touching story...
Carol
Jan 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Sampled each of the stories but really didn't care for this book.
Katie Laporta
A quick, feel good anthology.
Beverly
Sep 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Three short stories with feeling. Each by a different author. Just a good read!
Dawn
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
a real feel good book. the stories are truly wonderful. love the connection of the Debbie Macomber story to the "A good yarn" series.
Patricia Berry
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it
The 3 stories were interesting. Enjoyed them
Teri Pre
Dec 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
I only read the Debbie Macomber one...it was pretty good.
Debbie
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read the Debbie Macomber story only. Not an upbeat subject.
Robin Willis
Sep 17, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a book of three not so short stories. The first and last are three stars but the middle one was worth four. I only read this for my book challenge but I did enjoy it.
Kayla
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great fast read book!
Alice
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading the Macomber one because it tied in with her Cedar Cove series. Enjoyed the other two stories and the organizations they've founded and promote.

• This Heart of Mine (Whiskey Creek, #8)
  • Face Off (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #3)
  • Discovering You (Whiskey Creek, #10)
  • Blind Spot (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #4)
  • Every Waking Moment
  • Unforgettable You (Silver Springs, #5)
  • The Secret Sister (Fairham Island, #1)
  • When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)
  • The Secrets She Kept (Fairham Island, #2)
  • Cold Feet
  • Come Home to Me (Whiskey Creek, #6)
  • A Winter Wedding (Whiskey Creek, #9)
  • We Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
  • Coulda Been a Cowboy (Dundee, Idaho, #8)
  • Stranger in Town (Dundee, Idaho, #5)
  • Before We Were Strangers
  • The Other Woman (Dundee, Idaho, #7)
  • Take Me Home for Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #5)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York ...more

Blossom Street (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1)
  • A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2)
  • Susannah's Garden (Blossom Street, #3)
  • Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)
  • Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)
  • Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6)
  • Hannah's List (Blossom Street, #7)
  • A Turn in the Road (Blossom Street, #8)
  • Starting Now (Blossom Street, #9)
  • Blossom Street Brides (Blossom Street #10)