Start by marking “Mr. Docker Is off His Rocker! (My Weird School, #10)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Docker Is off His Rocker! (My Weird School, #10)

Mr. Docker Is off His Rocker!

(My Weird School #10)

What could be weirder than a mad science teacher who invents a car that runs on potatoes and wants to take over the world? How about a bus driver who can't even find the weirdest school on the planet? Illustrations.
Published January 3rd 2006 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Docker Is off His Rocker!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Docker Is off His Rocker!

Start your review of Mr. Docker Is off His Rocker! (My Weird School, #10)
Pooja Banga
Mickeymouse12
Apr 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LIKE THIS BOOK THEY ARE VERY INTERESTING ALL OF THESE BOOKS ARE GREAT THAT WHY I ENJOY READING ALL OF THESE BOOKS I ONLY LIKE THE LITTLE BOY AJ HE IS A MESS HE SPEAK HIS MIND IF HE GOT ANYTHING TO SAY HE IS GOING TO SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Karen Arendt
I love this series for second graders. Great for reluctant readers, too. Mr. Docker is the science teacher who uses potatoes for batteries. Students will learn a few things about science as they enjoy the humor of students at Ella Mentry School.
Dondero
Apr 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is funny and suspenseful and I love the characters. It is a great book.
Maren
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
This book was hilarious! It was funny because at the end Mr Docker made a potato car. T
Caren
Jun 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This time the gang is in science class. I just love these books.
Rachel Willis
Oldest loves these books. He's fast burning through the series. I need to find another one like it as it's hard to find anything that Oldest likes to read besides comic books (Garfield and the like).
Helen
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good! The spudmobile was a definite hit. This does a good job explaining scientific method, especially when the young reader has just learned that in school.
Lavanda
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Edward loves this series of books. We read this one together and I found it humerous.
Anthony
A.J. and his classmates meet their new science teacher, Mr. Docker. who teaches them all about the scientific method, and how to use it when doing experiments. Mr. Docker, who likes potatoes makes a potato powered car, that really works and calls it the spud mobile, this changes A.J. outlook that science is only for nerds. Andrea reveals to the entire class what A.J. stands for as this adventure comes to an end at Ella Mentry School.
Christine Rains
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some weird teachers at Ella Mentry School, but Mr. Docker is the strangest science teacher ever!

A fun and silly story of an old teacher who teaches with unconventional ways and absolutely loves science. Maybe a little too much! My six and a half year old son has been loving this series.
Courtney Umlauf
This is a decent early chapter book series. Each book has a bit of humor and a relatable setting and characters that make them easy for students to engage with.

TpT Store | Pinterest
Marya
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-series
AJ may hate school, but he surely finds science to be entertaining consistently throughout this book. In real life, that's not a given. Science isn't always a place to satisfy the young curious mind, and science resources never seem to answer "why" questions. Kudos to Gutman for giving us a vision of what a good science teacher should be like- potato powered car aside.
Gail
Science is for "cool nerds."
Potato Car.
Honey
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a about A.J the main character and new science teacher Mr.Docker.
In the story Andrea the main characters frend told A.J Stan for.
Dolly
Feb 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
We started reading the books in the My Weird School series by Dan Gutman and Jim Paillot together during storytime, but our oldest started reading ahead into the series on her own and our youngest seemed to lose interest. Occasionally, like with this book, our youngest will express interest and we'll read the story together. Our oldest likes me to read them aloud, even though she's already read the books on her own.

This story features a very strange science teacher who teaches the children some
Jnase1
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second and third graders at my school love these books. They like that they are funny and use words like "shut up", "dumbhead," and "butt" as well as the exaggerated humor, some of which they don't always get. What I like about these books are the many idioms contained within each. It might be fun to make a class book about all the idioms and their meanings contained within each book...and you can also use this time, if you so choose, to address why using the words "shut up," "dumbhead," and ...more
Shelli
Oct 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dan Gutman understands young reader’s humor and has created a fantastic book formula to draw in even the most reluctant of readers. The My Weird School series is perfect for students to practice their reading skills with its repetitive yet hysterical narrative and story lines. But don’t mention that part to your kiddos, they might run away in fear they could learn something. A must have collection for any grade school library or classroom!
Ruth Ann
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile, fiction
This is one of my favorite books in Gutman's "My Weird School" series. Mr. Docker is a science teacher who loves the curiousity of children and encourages them to ask questions. In addition to wackiness and laughter, readers will learn about the scientific method and some scientific content.

As a read aloud, kids will delight in evil laugh if the reader is inclined to ham it up. Don't miss #10.
Benjamin
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it was really cool. I like how Mr. Docker the science teacher made a potato powered car. And they thought he was a mad scientist so Ryan thought he would swap people's brains. When AJ found out Andrea knew his name, he started to need to be nice to Andrea and at the very end, she actually told everybody his name and so he talked a lot about it.

I really liked it because it really made a lot of funny pictures and Mr. Docker was really funny.
B
May 01, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#10 in the Weird School series about the new science teacher who is actually an 80 year old absent minded professor type that welcomes science questions. I liked this one more than the others because it imparted a great message...science can be very cool. Chapter 10, where they are all driving in Mr. Docker's potato powered car...super.
Bryan457
Dec 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juv-ya
The new science teacher makes science exciting; eating bugs, setting off explosions, and other neat things.

A.J. gets blackmailed by Andrea.

One of the more humorous books in the series. A.J. still hates school and engages in antisocial behavior.
Abe
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think these books mix it up a little with the teachers and the names, but it's mostly the same thing but with different teachers. I like the part where AJ thinks Mr. Docker is a mad scientist so it's time to find out - is he a mad scientist or isn't he?
Steph
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spencer (8 yrs old) loves these books. We just finished reading this one last week. They are a fun series and has us often laughing so hard we have to explain to everyone else what happened that was so funny!
Ina
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
This is a goofy school story sure to appeal to young elementary aged boys. There is a crazy teacher, last minute homework completion which gets an "A," and lots of goofy boy humor, like answering a question with "your butt" because every kid knows that's the answer to any question...
Joe
Jul 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silly humor for younger school-goers. My kids loved this (and the others in the series) as we traveled on vacation. THeir favorite part was when a student asks the science teacher if they can look at their boogers under a microscope.
Alice
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
This one wasn't as good as some of the others in the series but still classic A.J.! Thanks to the cover I would have never gotten the 'old fashioned lawnmower thing" I was thinking something else, not the old push mower, or the people mover!
Hello Kitty
Apr 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
mr.docker must be mad scientist. he does nutty experiments, and he has an evil, demented, cackling laugh.
Muserum Liger
May 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
that maney good things can happen to many people like mr.docker he did many good things
Tweety Bird
May 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love the doctor he fun you need to read this bookand the kids in this book are pretty cool too so go out and buy that BOOK!!!!!!!!!!

• Cold As Ice (Whatever After #6)
  • A Fabumouse Vacation for Geronimo (Geronimo Stilton, #9)
  • My Name Is Stilton, Geronimo Stilton (Geronimo Stilton, #19)
  • Paws Off, Cheddarface! (Geronimo Stilton, #6)
  • Merry Christmas, Geronimo! (Geronimo Stilton, #12)
  • Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House (Geronimo Stilton, #3)
  • Geronimo Stilton, Secret Agent (Geronimo Stilton, #34)
  • Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday (Junie B. Jones, #6)
  • Thea Stilton and the Mountain of Fire (Thea Stilton #2)
  • Bad Hair Day (Whatever After, #5)
  • Beauty Queen (Whatever After, #7)
  • January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)
  • Ruby the Red Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #1)
  • Junie B. Jones Is (Almost) a Flower Girl (Junie B. Jones, #13)
  • I'm Too Fond of My Fur! (Geronimo Stilton, #4)
  • Thea Stilton and the Dragon's Code (Thea Stilton #1)
  • Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren (Junie B. Jones, #7)
  • Judy Moody Declares Independence (Judy Moody #6)
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of ...more

My Weird School (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1)
  • Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)
  • Mrs. Roopy Is Loopy! (My Weird School, #3)
  • Ms. Hannah Is Bananas! (My Weird School, #4)
  • Miss Small Is off the Wall! (My Weird School, #5)
  • Mr. Hynde Is Out of His Mind! (My Weird School, #6)
  • Mrs. Cooney Is Loony! (My Weird School, #7)
  • Ms. LaGrange Is Strange! (My Weird School, #8)
  • Miss Lazar Is Bizarre! (My Weird School, #9)
  • Mrs. Kormel Is Not Normal! (My Weird School, #11)