Start by marking “December Moon (The Raven Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
December Moon (The Raven Saga, #2)

December Moon

(The Raven Saga #2)

Published September 1st 2011 by Suzanne Turner Publishing (first published August 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about December Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about December Moon

Start your review of December Moon (The Raven Saga, #2)
Shaz Goodwin
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Just before December’s 15th birthday she wishes for something to help alleviate something that gives her great angst and what she wishes for happens. She also has a dream. On the day of her 15th birthday life changes for her dramatically. Leaving her aunt Penelope behind, she journeys to Seattle with chauffeur Monty to live with her mother Moira and ghostly grandmother Ruby and discovers she is a witch, descended from a long line of respected witches.

December and Lilly have stayed in
Mindy/fangedmom
Sep 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ebook Description
On her 15th birthday, December Moon discovers she is the descendant of a family of witches, kept in the dark her entire life in an effort to protect her. But when Lilly, her best friend, finds herself in danger from one of the world's most evil vampires, December will do everything in her power to stop him. December Moon is a fantasy novel for children and young adults set in BC, Canada.

Once again, the above blurb does not do this book ANY JUSTICE! I could not read book 1
Rute Canhoto
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
J.L. Dobias
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelf-003
December Moon(The Raven Saga)book 2 by Suzy Turner

I had just finished Raven by Suzy Turner and knew that I'd have to eventually revisit the world of Lilly Taylor aka Lillian Tulugaq. A universe where all imagined fantasy characters might exist- and possibly do. We certainly meet quite a variety.

The next day after I completed Raven I came home and my wife Virginia mentioned being three quarters of the way through a really interesting book. Of course it was Raven and I knew
*Flora*
What a wonderful story.
Beautifully written with enough action, mystery and romance to keep me reading. I know this is a series aimed at young teens so expect the "Disney-esque" emotions & neatness. Yes this is the middle book in this trilogy but the Happily Ever After feelings once again end this part.
Books
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. In “December Moon”, the second book in the Raven Saga, Suzy Turner once again transports the reader into the exciting world of the supernatural. The latest installment in this series, takes the reader on an adventure in which December learns how to use her talent in order to protect her friend; and interesting new characters - both good and bad – are introduced. If you’ve read “Raven”, the first book in this series, you will feel as though you are ...more
Mary
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A wonderful followup to Raven. This book centers on Raven's best friend from school, whom she had to leave in the first book, December. Both girls are odd and had found fast friendship in each other and in this book we find out why--they both have very special gifts. I love this author's writing and the friendship between these two young teens is so special. It's nice to read a book where there's no bullying and people genuinely like each other and are kind to each other (besides the bad guys, o ...more
Madeline
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
As a 2nd book to this series, it was great! It is more on December, as title indicates. Coincidental occurrences are happening to her, sort of like wishful thinking, but they are actually rea; beginning on her 15th bday. She is told the truth of what she is and is reunited with her mom, who explains to her where they come from and why she had to leave her with her aunt Penelope when she was just a toddler. While in Powell River there's been attacks on innocent residents by an evil vamp, and Lily ...more
Brittany
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Watch as December and Lilly are re-united again. Too bad it wasn't on different terms!! Former best friends find out they have both been hiding a very important secret, Lilly is a changeling and December is a witch and they will have to rely on one another more than ever.

Time is running out for Lilly as evil vampire is adamant Lilly is his mate. To survive she will need the forgiveness of the boy she never stopped loving, Oliver, she will need to tell his older brother everything, forget
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
The story behind December Moon, Lilly's best friend, upon reaching the age of 15, she found out she's a witch and that her mother kept her in the dark on purpose. And without knowing, she's off to help Lilly fights a most dangerous vampire!

Again, the story is at times confusing and boring.... I can't tell who's narrative it was since it switches from Lilly to December and there was even one that I noticed that it was supposedly December's narrative but it was written Lilly instead.

T
Chanelle Solomons
Mar 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Loved the first book but I recently re-read it and found a lot of problems. Reading the second book, December Moon, I hoped the dialogue between the characters improved. December and Lily, and pretty much everyone around their age, don't speak like a teenagers. Also, on the other spectrum, Ruby's dialogue is very similar to someone of December and Lily's age group. I don't understand how the author didn't notice this at all, which was why I took 2 stars off the book rating.

Although the characte
Tona
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this 2nd book even better than the 1st.

The 2nd book in the "Raven" series.
In this book you learn more about December Moon the best friend of Lily. December turns 15 and learns the reasons behind her mother abandoning her and why she needed to live with her money hungry Aunt. December finds that she is a very powerful witch from a long line of witches. December also learns that the evil vampire that is terrorizing her friend Lily's family is the same one that once terrorized
Janus Gangi
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The second book of the Raven Saga, December Moon by Suzy Turner is further proof of this author's talents.
In the first book, we are introduced to Lilly and December, how they met, their friendship, and their eventual separation. December Moon explores all the emotions a teenage girl experiences after being separated from her one and only best friend, and how she must cope with all of life's surprises on her own.
True to the fantasy genre, there are plenty of supernatural beings, magic, and a
Lior
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

Although I haven't read the first book in this series, I could understand perfectly well what was going on. Which is a huge plus.

It was a bit strange for me that there could be so many breeds and hybrids.
I think the book is intended for children between the ages 12-16.
It was nice enough, but I'm looking for something a little more. More interesting, more gripping, more mature.
But a girl between the ages 12-15 could definitely enjoy the book.
Also, the e
Shalini Boland
Oct 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love love loved it! December Moon is book 2 in the Raven Saga and it exceeded all my expectations. Suzy Turner is a fantastic YA author who can tell a wonderful story. I loved the alternating chapters for Lilly and December and was absorbed in both their lives. The author weaves multiple plot lines and characters with ease and keeps the tension up throughout. Bravo, Suzy Turner. I can't WAIT for book 3. There is a book 3 isn't there?!!!!
EndlessReading
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!

I'm sooo glad December & Lilly are finally back together and they no longer have to secrets from one another.

I am thrilled that Lily & Oliver have gotten over the hurlde they come against when Oliver found out she could morph into a mountain lion in the 1st book.

I do hope that Lily manages to find out what happend to her dad.

I've just bought the 3rd book and i'm on a mission to complete this :)
Ashley Snyder
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Once again, extremely predictable. The characters had a bit more substance in this book, but I found allot if it repetitive. Like the first, I would recommend this to a young adult (like in the description), but for the more weathered readers, no. It took all I had to finish this book...I found myself bored often, and rolling my eyes allot at end of most chapters. Guess I'm just a bit to old to enjoy books like this anymore.
Amanda Turner
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
YES!!! Another fantastic installment of the Raven Series. I sooo enjoy these books and would recommend them to everyone. I have to say i adore the name December Moon. I have just started the final installment and i feel excited to see what happens next and a little miffed that it is the final one. Well worth a read and i will definitely be reading more of Suzy Turner's novels.
Juliah Wiederhold
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story was great. I enjoyed this one even better than the first. You get to know more about December and Lily's family and there is a lot of action. This book had me hooked from the beginning. I can't wait to start the next one.
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the second book in this series. Lilly continues to look for her father and we get to meet new characters. We also get to see her reunite with her friend December. I recommend this series.
Jessie
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh soooo good

I extremely enjoyed this novel, raven the 1st novel of the raven saga series was awesome but this 2nd novel was sweet, I so can not wait until I read the 3rd novel list souls!!!!!
Bee
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the first book, this one seemed to drag on a lot..
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I loved it!!!!! The storyline flowed ever so smoothly. I can't wait to read the final book in this series. I hope that Lilly is finally reunited with her missing father!!!!
Jeanette
Melissa
Feb 14, 2012
Tracy
Apr 28, 2015

• Hunted (Marchwood Vampires, #3)
  • Fairy Circle (Fairy Circle, #1)
  • Emerald Destiny (The Enchanters, #2)
  • Becoming Edward
  • Obsessive (Issues, #2)
  • Blue Fire Beginnings (The Blue Fire Saga, #0.5)
  • The Wolf's Cry (The Semei Trilogy, #1)
  • Broken Angel (Demonblood, #4)
  • Stay (Callie Rose #1)
  • Knockout (Knockout, #2)
  • Midnight Hunter
  • Impulse Control (Talent Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Betrayed (Blood and Magick #1)
  • Immortal Lycanthropes
  • Creatus Rogue (Creatus, #2)
  • Ascent (The Party Series, #1)
  • Trapped (Here Trilogy, #2)
  • The Seekers (The Watchers, #2)
Although Suzy is a Yorkshire lass at heart, she left her home town of Rotherham, UK, to move to Portugal with her family when she was ten.
The Algarve continues to be her home, where she lives with her childhood sweetheart husband Michael and their menagerie of cats and dogs.
Suzy's career began soon after completing her A levels when she was offered the position of trainee journalist fo

The Raven Saga (3 books)
  • Raven (The Raven Saga, #1)
  • The Lost Soul (The Raven Saga, #3)