Start by marking “Three Cheers, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #8)” as Want to Read:
Three Cheers, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #8)

Three Cheers, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven #8)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  2,737 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Who is hiding in the abandoned house? When Peter and Jack search for their lost model airplane, they realize the house isn't empty after all...
Published 2006 by Hodder (first published 1956)

Kirsti
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one is only *sort of* about thieves, because it involves trespassing and living in a house that you don't own, but for kind of good reasons? But at least the Seven don't break up another robbery ring, so that's something. This one absolutely takes the cake in terms of how lowly the boys think of the girls. Susie couldn't possibly appreciate a model aeroplane, because unlike a boy, girls can't follow complicated instructions. -Sigh-

Anyway, much the same as the other books in the series. Four
Adele
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
these books i grew up with. i wanted to be a part of their adventures and i was when i read them. i reccommend these books for any child under 10.
I has been a while scince i read these books so i can't give a proper review.
Abhi
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Not one of you could hypothesize that it could be old Grim's wife hiding in the house? I'm disappointed, Secret Seven. Yeah of you too, Scamper. You could've barked your disapproval when you heard them making the wrong assumptions. And rolled your eyes when Janet and Barbara presented their report. "Duh! What do you want me to do, write it down for you?"
Tara Calaby
I thought this was one of the better Secret Seven books because there seemed to be a little more depth when it came to the 'villain' of the plot. Usually this person will be an obvious baddie, but here there is actually an extra dimension to it, which is nice. The Seven aren't quite as horrible towards Susie as they usually are, either.
Sureya Kurji
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good.
Vishal Mehta
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I remember reading this book as a child. It moved me then, and it moved me now! My favourite Secret Seven Adventure so far!
Mohammed Rayyan
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dunya ka sabse accha book hai
Kayla
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5
Ranit Dey
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: secret-seven
Really a touching story
2004 Daniel1234
This book starts out in a fairly typical fashion, with no mystery a-looming and nothing much going on:

"I don't see much sense in calling a Secret Seven meeting," said Janet to Peter. "There's really nothing to discuss..."
So the Seven decide to take their picnic food and eat it in the big field behind Jack's house. The reason for this is that Susie has a lovely plane to fly, sent to her by an American cousin, whilst poor Jack has a cowboy's suit. All the boys are envious of Susie's aeroplane, whi
Elaine Mullane
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Revisiting the books of my youth out of a feeling of nostalgia! I loved Enid Blyton when I was younger and can't wait to re-read these with my own children.
David Sarkies
Sep 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like old fashioned children's stories
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: mystery
A mystery with a nice twist
28 September 2014

This was an odd little Secret Seven book that had a rather surprising ending (though I did work it out once all of the information had been presented to me) so I feel that I can't say all that much without giving it away (which is something that I don't want to do, so I will simply use the spoiler tag).
Anyway, a couple of presents arrive from America: a cowboy suit for Jack and a model aeroplane for Suzie (Jack's sister, and the character who really
Jo Kitchen
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading the series to my 8 year old at the moment.
Bruce
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read through the Secret Seven books when I was in elementary school, and I loved them. No other series that I read ever seemed to compare. Of course this was a while ago (during the 1970s) and so later the books were not commonly found. Recently I discovered this book through my local library, and was pulled once again, into the charming and wonderful world of seven young people and their adventurous ways.

I think the book is appropriate for all young readers, but it moves quickly enough to ke
Roman Khan
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This book was about Susie letting the secret 7 let them have the aeroplane but when Jack flew it flew into Barlett Lodge it got lost. Jack and peter didn’t know where it had gone over the wall or into their house or outside. But there was only one thing to do and that was climb over the wall. the best bit about the book was when there was a granny on the second top balcony where the plane flew and then when they went inside there she was but Jack and peter didn’t know where she came from but Gri ...more
Nonethousand Oberrhein
Young detectives for grown-up mysteries
Meet Peter and his sister Janet, Jack, Barbara, George, Pam and Colin. A group of child detectives that will get tangled in all sorts of adventures that will make them juggle school attendance, homework, and the ineffable desire to solve the mysteries they stumble upon. Juvenile sense of wonder, the principal ingredient in Enid Blyton works, is a guarantee of a good moment for readers of all ages.
Here, when Jack’s sister's aeroplane lands in a locked up hou
Mavel
But this excerpt:

Jack took up the leaflet about the [toy] plane and studied it, while the other three boys tried to look over his shoulder.

"It seems easy enough," said Jack. "To a boy, I mean," he added hastily. "Girls aren't much good at reading complicated instructions."

*sigh* This was written back in 1956 after all.
Jake Collins
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
A Secret Seven adventure that follows the regular formula to the letter, with Jack and Peter taking centre stage and no one else really getting to borrow any of their characteristics this time. However, there is a pleasant twist at the end as the resolution of the mystery is refreshingly different from the old "the big, stolid policemen captured the naughty men" ending.
Harriette
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It has been a long time since I have read a children's book by Enid Blyton. This was a fun and fast read with wholesome characters that have relationships with the adults in their lives. The mystery the "secret seven" solve leads them to compassion and generosity.
Imy Bennett
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
AMAZING!!!
When Peter and Jack search for their lost model airplane in the garden of an abandoned house, they see a gas-fire alight in one of the rooms. Who is hiding there and why? It looks like the Seven have another interesting case to solve.
Galactik Kid
Dec 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, thought it was great. I actually sat down and read it all in one go. It was my first book in the Secret Seven series and I will definitely be reading more.

Just to add, thought Peter was a little bossy but I still liked him.
Yunisa K.D.
Feb 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, english
Read the Indonesian before. Logic check: if the flower in the pot needs water so much and Mrs Grim only moved there for a week instead of a year, should the flower has died first before she waters it? HAHAHA
Renee
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015, kids
I really enjoyed reading this book aloud to my kids. It follows the typical Secret Seven mystery formula, presenting all the clues needed to solve the mystery. It is the first book in the series that has caught me up emotionally enough to care about characters other than the seven.
Hillvan
720L. not sure I liked them as well as Amazons, etc.
Rachel
May 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
My favorite when I was a kid along with the Famous Five
Indah Threez Lestari
1216th - 2011
Nilima Pisharody
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had read it long back. And when I saw it was up for rating, I couldn't resist. This is one series I grew up with. Awesome book. Enid Blyton is really the queen of children's fiction!!
Deepika
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful
Natasha
May 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Another adventure for the Secret Seven, as usual they notice something strange and begin to snoop around. This time, they think someone is using an empty house when the owners are away.
Tanya
Oct 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
enid blyton is an europe author and she is one of my favorites... all her books are a must read... this one is a mystery by the secret seven...
  • Kitty at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #9)
  • Well Done, The Naughtiest Girl! (The Naughtiest Girl, #8)
  • Sky Blue Frame (Hardy Boys, #89)
  • The Famous Five And The Mystery Of The Emeralds (The Famous Five: Claude Voilier Sequels, #2)
  • Brer Rabbit Again
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #3)
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192
More about Enid Blyton

The Secret Seven (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #1)
  • The Secret Seven Adventure (The Secret Seven, #2)
  • Well Done, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #3)
  • Secret Seven on the Trail (The Secret Seven, #4)
  • Go Ahead Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #5)
  • Good Work, Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #6)
  • Secret Seven Win Through (The Secret Seven, #7)
  • Secret Seven Mystery (The Secret Seven, #9)
  • Puzzle for the Secret Seven (The Secret Seven, #10)
  • Secret Seven Fireworks (The Secret Seven, #11)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• A Quiet Life In The Country (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #1)
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Deliver Her
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dark Monk (The Hangman's Daughter, #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Rain Girl (Franza Oberwieser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Silent Harmony (Fairmont Riding Academy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Shuddering
  • The Unseeing
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The 7th Canon
  • The Sisterhood
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bum Rap (Jake Lassiter #10)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Question of Inheritance (A Very English Mystery #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Hunt (Atlanta Burns, #2)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Good Neighbor
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Widow File (Dani Britton, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Cater Street Hangman (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shark Skin Suite (Serge Storms #18)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Atlanta Burns (Atlanta Burns #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Free Fall (The John Ceepak Mysteries)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Interference
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Man of Some Repute (A Very English Mystery #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In The Market For Murder (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beggar King (The Hangman's Daughter, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Poisoned Pilgrim (The Hangman's Daughter, #4)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • End of Secrets
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Only the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Eagle Has Landed (The Liam Devlin Novels)
  • The Lost Ones
  • The Halo Effect
  • The God's Eye View
  • What She Knew
  • Everyone Pays
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Werewolf of Bamberg (The Hangman's Daughter, # 5)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The 7th Victim: A Novel: Volume 1 (The Karen Vail Novels)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shattered Tree (Bess Crawford, #8)
  • The Dante Club
  • Grit
  • Fatal Tide
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trinity Game (The Game Trilogy Book 1)
  • Live by Night
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Story
  • The Lost Girls
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Summer (Darling Investigations #1)
  • Depth of Lies
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Supreme Justice (Reeder and Rogers #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Dead Cat Bounce (Home Repair is Homicide Mystery #1)
  • The Outliers