Start by marking “Who Stole My Cheese?!!” as Want to Read:
Who Stole My Cheese?!!

Who Stole My Cheese?!!

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  1,072 Ratings  ·  84 Reviews
For those sick of corporate scandals and underhanded business practices, laughter may be the best medicine. A hilarious parody of the classic bestseller Who Moved My Cheese, Who Stole My Cheese?!! offers a little lift in an otherwise challenging situation. Inside is an insipid tale that reveals profound truths about greed. It's a cloying yet inspiring story of four small c ...more
Published July 14th 2003 by Running Press (first published November 15th 2002)

Kerry Mccaskill
Jul 10, 2007 rated it did not like it
One of the most popular business books ever. Who stole America's brains? If you really want an adventure in the absurd, track down the movie. Yes, there's even a movie. Or I can save you the trouble and summarize: Change happens. Deal with it or die. (But acted out with cute little mice.)
Esteban Ruquet
Jun 08, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: autogarcha
Confundí el libro original con la parodia. Muevo la reseña al original
Jul 01, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: business
Just awful. If this is the sort of book that people are reading for insight in business, we're in trouble. It's common sense.
Christina Vickers
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Change can be a good thing or a curse, depending on your point of view. A person’s life changed dramatically in his/her lifestyle or work. Luckily a book was written by Dr. Spencer Johnson to help you discover how to deal with change, so that you can enjoy less stress and more success in your work and in your life. This book takes less than a hour to read, but van change you forever. Dr. Spencer Johnson is the author and co-author of the number one best-selling books about dealing with change. T ...more
Aug 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Jeff was asked to read this book for a discussion group with his new company. It is a super quick read and we have found ourselves referring to the characters as we find ourselves making similar mistakes. It is a very simple allegory about change and how we deal with change in our lives, and is easy to relate to. Yet, its simplicity is not condescending or dumb. This book is worth checking out from the library and can be suitable for even young children when talking about the changes that inevit ...more
Patrick Peterson
22 Jan. 2018
I read this about 2002 while working for VeriSign when a new boss took over our department and suggested/required it. It is a very simple and short book. It has a very good little message from what I remember these 15+ years later: If you are just going through the old motions of past success and things are not working out, perhaps you need to think about the possibility of change to find out what is really going on.

Pretty simple message, but for some people it is really hard to acce
Louise Jones
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: knowledge, mind
I had heard about this book for years but never got round to reading it must admit at first could not see what all the fuss about but does not take long to read and really began to make more sense the more of it i read , as someone who is on the autistic spectrum i really find change difficult bit would say worth going t through it to get the reward in the end . I really liked the ending when tied it all together
Yogesh Singla
Aug 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Some rated it one star for they couldn't understand it. Rest rated it one star for they understood it is a piece of shit. Either way doesn't matter. I won't say I don't recommend it. Hardly qualifies too be of the length of a book. If you are reading this, have a good one guys!
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I feel so cliche giving this book a 5, but I'll admit, I liked it. It provoked some good self-reflection, and I kept coming back to the principles throughout the day. A super quick read, and one that I should re-read often. It applies to so many life situations!
Ryan Ard
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
This parody is almost as boring as the original book. Actually, I’m going to go give “Who Moved My Cheese?” a one star.
Nancy Alvarez
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
must read quick story but so impactful
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Told it was a parody of “Who Moved My Cheese?” and I liked that book. Honesty not as good as I had hoped.
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: motivational
Easy reading and thought provoking... definitely something i will recommend to all..
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Life is dynamic. Nothing temporal can be taken for granted. Keep your eyes open. Never get too comfortable or attached to the current state of affairs. Rather, learn to embrace change as that quality of life that makes it lively.

This is the general message here, told in a clever parable which can be applied to any part of life, professional, or personal. Timeless lessons, which most of us have probably heard elsewhere, but could all stand to be reminded of from time to time in fresh ways.
Dec 10, 2008 rated it liked it
For a short book it was longer than it needed to be. It drives the point across that as life changes and you need to be able to adapt. The most important thing is not how well prepared you are for change but your willingness to embrace change. The quote that struck at me the most was, "What would you do if you weren't afraid?" and this got me to think that we use fear as an excuse to not pursue our own interests.

So speak up, speak clear and speak out because no one is going to help you get ready
Harmony T.
Jun 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
This entire book probably took no more than 30 minutes to read, but it left me with the feeling that I had wasted hours. It is awful. Using 'cheese' and 'rats' as metaphors for money and employees has potential. Yes, we all understand that corporate greed exists and employees are often viewed as dispensable individuals among a pool of rats willing to run the Boss' maze. This book is not motivational, it has no true benefit offered to the reader, and it certainly amazes me that it is so highly to ...more
Jul 31, 2008 added it
This book was required reading at my job. When I first finished it I wasn't sure I understood. That was about 7 years ago, and since that time, I've used the premise of that book to help me understand a lot of interactions.
Naomi Blackburn
Jun 10, 2010 rated it did not like it
I had to read this for a "work" experiment they were trying that was the fad at the time. That is exactly what this book reminded me of..the fads that swirl their way through corporations but are full of fluff and hot air..
Sep 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Christina by: A colleague
Very good book for anyone who feels like they're in a rut. Whether it's your job, your relationship, whatever, this book gives a completely different outlook on life, and I really enjoyed reading it.
Julian Gilder
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Basically if life deals you lemons, then make lemonade. A short, highly readable motivational book. Its worth an hour or so of you time if you have a copy to hand. I would not have paid for it though.
Jun 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Really did not enjoy this book. It's simple and easy to read, but I didn't get anything out of it. The only idea is that you shouldn'tbe afraid of change and that forseeing possible changes that need to be done is a good thing
Apr 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
How could such an easy to read, simple, delightful book say so much and be so meaningful if the reader takes time to see it? It won't go down in history as the most moving book I ever read but I love going back to it from time to time.
Pam Glazier
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Decent business productivity book that outlines important philosophic fundamentals through an easy to follow analogy about cute furry animals. I prefer to listen to books like this, since it's not actually dense enough to require absolute devotion.
Jan 10, 2008 rated it it was ok
It had a nice message about being open to change and the story is cute and easy to follow, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not a management/marketing type person. It's a bit cheesy and more theoretical than most marketing/management classes, it just seems like common sense.
Olivia Pate
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was full of life lessons I really enjoyed this book although it was a easy read it was great! I recommend this book to underclassmen in high school because these are the types of lessons you'll need going in to your high school career.
Mar 28, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: confused people
this is a nice story that i think is a good reminder about why being human sometimes seems worse than it is.
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Simplified but potentially ground shaking message if needed at some point in your life. I thought it was quite clever to be told in this manner.
Matijs Babris
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Change should not be avoided!
Julian Kim
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Given all the hoopla about this tale of subtle wisdom, somehow it didn't blow my mind. It's a quick easy read and probably worthwhile for people who share an overwhelming sense of entitlement.
  • How to Be Rich
  • Fish! Tales: Real-Life Stories to Help You Transform Your Workplace and Your Life
  • Sexuality and the Psychology of Love
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Teens: Simple Ways to Keep Your Cool in Stressful Times
  • Valentines
  • University of Success
  • Household Gold (How to Convert Household Expenses into Household Income)
  • From Novice to Expert: Excellence and Power in Clinical Nursing Practice, Commemorative Edition
  • Don't Let Anybody Steal Your Dream
  • Omer Pacha Latas
  • Who's Doing the Work?: How to Say Less So Readers Can Do More
  • Transformational Leadership
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into Texas Expanded Edition
  • Pro-Sumer Power II ! How to Create Wealth by Being Smarter, Not Cheaper, and Referring Others to Do the Same
  • Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and the Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
  • The Magic of The Christmas Box

• A Room of One's Own
  • Life in a Medieval City
  • Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into Adulthood
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Weekends at Bellevue: Nine Years on the Night Shift at the Psych E.R.
  • Triggers: Creating Behavior That Lasts--Becoming the Person You Want to Be