Start by marking “My Lunatic Life (Lunatic Life, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Lunatic Life (Lunatic Life, #1)

My Lunatic Life

(Lunatic Life #1)

She plays for Team Spirit.

High school senior Tara Luna's got all the usual teen problems: a new school, her attraction to a hunky guy, feuds with the Mean Girls, being regarded as an oddball outsider-PLUS she has psychic powers, a duo of protective, meddlesome ghosts AND an angry, threatening teen girl ghost who wants Tara to solve her murder-or else.

Now you know why she

Published (first published August 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about My Lunatic Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lunatic Life

Mrs. Badass
Dec 13, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

For a YA book, I didn't hate this one, so that's a plus =)
I was looking for something quick and light, and when thumbing through my kindle, saw I owned this one. (Thank you Amazon free books)

Tara Luna is a 17yr old girl with two ghosts as best friends, and a wandering soul of an Uncle. Her parents were killed when she was one, and has been raised by her Uncle Pat ever since. They move around. A lot. She is starting her senior year at a new school on a whim because her Uncle was bored,
Tracy
Nov 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not My Normal Cuppa, But...
Starting at a new school for senior year is no easy thing, but at least Tara Luna has a lot of experience with new schools. Her Uncle Pat, Tara's guardian since her parents' death years ago, is a throwback to hippie days, a free spirit with wanderlust in his soul. New schools were old hat to Tara. Still, she wasn't exactly looking forward to what she knew was coming.

Fortunately Tara, who wouldn't mind being a normal girl but had long since given up that particular pipe
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this author that I have read, though after finding her on amazon I see that she has written a lot of books. This is a YA novel and I really enjoyed it, it was a short novel, and read very fast. I was close to the end and I was thinking to myself, I can't believe I am almost done. I was also thinking, umm they still have a dead body to find and a murder to catch, then I found out there was a sequel! Which I just bought today as I have to find out who the murderer of the ...more
Aimee
Sep 13, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011
This was a book I was actually excited for once I read the blurb and saw the cover. I was expecting a snarky character who was trying to stay under the radar, but it didn't quite work out the way I thought it would. I wasn't able to connect with Tara throughout the book. I wanted to but then Tara would do or say something that would make me cringe.

Tara Luna is a psychic who can see ghosts and doesn't want anyone to know about her "special gifts". But, throughout the book, she kept using her gift
April
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very good teen character plagued with ghosts and a phychic gift and joining a new high school as a senior. She's got problems including some mean girls and a dark spirit of a murder victim in her new house. Those problems just get worse when a hot local boy pays attention to her and one of the mean girls disappears.

I liked her intelligence, smart mouth, willingness to do research to help solve her issues and her love for her Uncle Pat who has raised her since her parents died.

A quick, fun and sa
Heathery
Jul 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book is only about 150 pages long, so I managed to get to the 15% mark in about 10 minutes. Sadly, I had rolled my eyes about 20 times already.

Mean girl cheerleaders who are mean for no reason: Check

Hot/sexy "bad boy" who is drawn to the heroine for no reason: Check

"Ordinary" heroine who is a new girl, but manages to become hated and loved all at the same time: Check

Some supernatural side note to make the book more "original": Check

Just vapid, airheaded conversations all over the place: Che
PopcornReads
It’s hard enough being a normal teenager and it’s hard enough making friends in school without having an uncle who moves at the drop of a hat. There’s another reason Tara Luna’s teen years are particularly difficult – she sees dead people. Nothing like holding conversations with what appears to be thin air to make everyone in school decide you’re a lunatic. Read the rest of my review at http://popcornreads.com/?p=1615
Lisa
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: supernatural, teen
I really wanted to like this book but I just couldn't get into it. The writing was choppy. Very disappointing.

Reviewed from e-galley provided by publisher via netgalley.com.
Seanean
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was ok

Tara Luna has spent her life on the move. Her parents died when she was very young and she's spent most of her life living with her somewhat erratic and definitely nomadic uncle.

When they move, once again, she's forced to start over at a new school, once again. She knows the ropes and how to navigate most of the "new girl" issues. What she's never ready for is how her psychic abilities and her two friendly ghosts will react to the new environment.

Add in a
Kickarse Reviews
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun ghost story who-done-it.

I loved the ghost characters and the relationship with the MC and how he ghost friends were able to help solve the mysteries.
I fun teen read about ghosts, mystery, murder and a teenaged pshycic.
Hansen
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this whole series! I have read the whole series at least three times! They are entertaining and kept me engaged the whole time I was reading in fact I often kept reading late into the night just to find out or read again what happens next.
D.R. Grady
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun read with great characters.
L.G.
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, audio-read
3.5 Stars
Brooke
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very quick and fun read. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
cleda bulger
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I wasn't disappointed with this book. I ended up reading it cover to cover in one sitting. Great story line for mystery lovers.
Sandra
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Wasn’t bad but probably best suited to a younger audience than me. Would also benefit from a good edit but the story was interesting enough to read on despite the many errors.
Gail
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, library-book
Fun YA paranormal mystery.
Lish
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 ⭐ cute little paranormal story. ...more
Kristin Coley
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

A sassy heroine, an adorable guy, and a couple of kick ass ghost sidekicks....what more could you ask for? It was a fun light read and I'll be downloading the next one.
Angela Regan
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun fast read. A lot of interesting characters.

Super fun quick read. Not to holey. A very rounded story. I liked the main characters sense of humor .
Aki
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come.
Gina Stamm
Cute, fast read.
Diana
This seemed like the kind of audio book that I would enjoy and be a light, easy and entertaining listen. When it first started, the narrator had a sort of child-ish voice which led me to think that maybe this book was for children and not for me. I’m glad I kept listening because the story and the heroine were exactly what I was hoping for.

I love the paranormal and this story balances teenager drama with light-weight paranormal activity perfectly. I was surprised by how much I loved the (admitte
Julie Witt
I received a copy of this book free of charge from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

Tara Luna leads a very unusual life. First, she is being raised by her Uncle Pat, who is a displaced hippie who moves her from place to place, never staying for very long. He has been raising her since she was a baby, when her parents died in a car accident. Second, her two best friends are Milllicent and Henry, ghosts who have been with her for as long as she can remember. Third, she's psychic, althou
Sheila
Oct 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Being a teenager is complicated enough for the average human being. The continued (and seemingly endless) demands of school, mounting social pressures, dating—it tends to be a lot for a person to handle. If only Tara Luna's life were so simple...
...In addition to these ordinary adolescent concerns, Tara has special problems, unless of course you consider seeing dead people and hearing the thoughts of others a great advantage in life. And you might assume that such powers would be beneficial, bu
Iris
Dec 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Originally reviewed at Witchmag's Boekenplank

Well this was a very light / fluffy read (with emphasis on very). There’s no other way to describe this book. Even though it was entertaining, and very amusing when a certain ghost started meddling, there was not much depth in this story. Everything went too smooth, too easy. Even when watching CSI, they usually end up with several dead ends before finding the murderer. Here it was way too obvious how the story would end and therefore I could not feel
Soma Rostam "IOB"
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't know why. But I feel like I am in a very strange luck with books for the past month and a half. Every book I read, I end up giving it four or five stars. They are just so good, and it's not fair to give them less. I have the third book in the series, Lunatic Revenge, for review. So I had to read the first two books. I knew this series was about ghosts, but I had no idea that it would be so good! A lovely, light paranormal read.
Tara Luna, is tired of moving around so much. Yes, she love
Kate McMurry
Fun, young-adult, paranormal mystery

Seventeen-year-old, high-school senior, Tara Luna, was orphaned when she was a year-old baby and has been raised by her Uncle Pat, an unconventional, "hippie" type who loves to move around. Tara is even more unusual than her uncle. Her two closest friends in her wandering life are ghosts. Millicent can move people and things and can physically materialize, but mostly she takes a form that looks like smoke. Henry doesn't materialize, and he doesn't talk much, b
Hannah
Sep 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Tara Luna was great - she's quick witted, down to earth and not afraid to stand up for herself against the popular crowd. Her best friends are two over-protective ghosts that follow her around and cause choas when anyone doesn't get on with Tara, adding a fun lighthearted element to the story. Her uncle Pat is also an interesting character, with his love for odd food combinations and fatherly concern for Tara. I would have liked the other characters to have been more developed though, as we didn ...more

• Kisses for Lula
  • Haint Misbehavin'
  • Moonstone (Unbidden Magic, #1)
  • Poltergeeks (Poltergeeks, #1)
  • Griselda Takes Flight (Bright's Pond #3)
  • Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch, #1)
  • Banshee Charmer (Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency #1)
  • No Brainer (The Darcy Walker Series, #2)
  • Beyond the Grave (Past Midnight, #3)
  • Fang Me (Demon Underground, #3)
  • Alienation (C.H.A.O.S., #2)
  • Loyalist to a Fault (The Dead Kid Detective Agency, #3)
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • I Wish... (The Witches of Desire #1)
  • Forgotten Fires (Xoe Meyers, #5)
  • Blood Rock (Skindancer, #2)
  • Fall Girl
  • Alias Dragonfly

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader

Lunatic Life (4 books)
  • Lunatic Detective (Lunatic Life, #2)
  • Lunatic Revenge (Lunatic Life, #3)
  • Lunatic Times Two (Lunatic Life, #4)
“As soon as Tara looked at the skull-and-barbed-wire
tattoo showing beneath the sleeve of Flynn O’Mara’s tight t-shirt, she flashed on a jail cell. Bummer. His Dad’s in jail”
0 likes
“l. She
dared one more quick look at the tat, but her attention soon
moved to the size of the muscle on which it had been inked.
Definitely leer-worthy. When he passed beside her on his
way toward the back of the room, she caught a whiff of sexy
aftershave and stifled a groan. Millicent was going to be all
a-twitter over him. Tara just knew it.
When she heard someone behind her whisper, “He’s
sooo hot,” she couldn’t help but silently agree.
But it was another girl’s answer that made her curious.
“Yeah . . . but no one in her right mind would mess with
him.”
“Bethany did.”
“But not for long.”
“Yeah. Right.”
Ahah. Bethany must be the girl glaring at him beside the
teacher’s desk.”