Start by marking “Deadheads: Stories from Fellow Artists, Friends, and Followers of the Grateful Dead” as Want to Read:

For Grateful Dead fans, half the fun is the music. The other half is the memories they have of being part of the "long strange trip" that is the Dead's traveling road show. Filled with recollections of colorful characters surrounding the Grateful Dead--musicians, artists, kids, photographers, cooks, road crew, and the group itself--Deadheads is a collage of memories, datin ...more
Published October 1st 1995 by Carol Publishing Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Deadheads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadheads

Start your review of Deadheads: Stories from Fellow Artists, Friends, and Followers of the Grateful Dead
John Bastin
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful collection of memories and stories from the family of friends and acquaintances, fans of the Grateful Dead known as “Deadheads.” It’s a large collection and by the end I was ready for it to be done, but it was a worthwhile read, and I’m glad I took the trip.
Jon
May 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really like the concept of this book, a bunch of Deadheads of various ages, backgrounds and occupations telling their tour stories and about their formative experienced with the band, but I think the execution left a little to be desired. While I loved reading thoughts from guys like Timothy Leary, David Gans and others in the Dead's direct orbit, there were far too may repeats of essentially the same stories squeezed in under the different headings. And, hoo boy, I can't believe how much Head ...more
Dkolacinski
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Except for listening to the GD music, their ain't nothin' like Deadheads!
David Ward
Deadheads: Stories From Fellow Artists, Friends, and Followers of the Grateful Dead by Linda Kelly (Carol Publishing Corp. 1995)(780.92). This is a remarkable collection of memories and stories about life around the Grateful Dead by the artists, cooks, drivers, Deadheads, and others who knew the band best. My rating: 7/10, finished 1996.
Haylee
Oct 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I read this back in my following Phish days and loved it. I love Deaheads. I love stories about them. If Jerry Garcia wouldn't have died when I was 12 I would have definitly followed the Grateful Dead.
Jonathan
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Though I was never able to see the Dead in concert I have loved their music since I was young. This book is an interesting way to connect to those sights and sounds and experiences.
Lisa
Jun 17, 2015
Heath Alberts
Mar 10, 2013
Michael
rated it did not like it
Jul 01, 2020
Mar 08, 2017
Ryan Dillingham
Jan 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Living with the Dead: Twenty Years on the Bus with Garcia and the Grateful Dead
  • Fare Thee Well: The Final Chapter of the Grateful Dead's Long, Strange Trip
  • So Many Roads: The Life and Times of the Grateful Dead
  • Cemetery Road
  • Growing Up Dead: The Hallucinated Confessions of a Teenage Deadhead
  • Soul on Ice
  • Crucible (Sigma Force, #14)
  • Never Settle: Sports, Family, and the American Soul
  • Deal: My Three Decades of Drumming, Dreams, and Drugs with the Grateful Dead
  • Classic American Crime Fiction of the 1920s
  • Go Phish
Linda Kelly experienced her first concert when she was 15 -- the Sex Pistols' very last show at the notorious Winterland -- and has been a great lover of music ever since.

She majored in journalism at San Francisco State University and has been a writer/editor for the likes of Spin Magazine, Mix Magazine, Quokka Sports, Lucasfilm, Astrology.com/NBC Universal, and even penned lyrics for the Spin Do