Start by marking “Night Stalker” as Want to Read:
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  199 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
From the darkest corner of your bedroom a gaunt face suddenly looms over you. You're pulled violently from your bed and a terrifying voice screams, "Swear to Satan!"
During a two year rampage, a sadistic serial killer entered the homes of families from El Paso to San Francisco. He raped, mutilated and tortured his unfortunate victims in one of the most vicious crime sprees
Published April 15th 1991 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Night Stalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Stalker

Matthew
Jun 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is very well written and the legal proceedings are easy to understand for the readers not familiar with the law. The thought that people are out there that sneak into homes and rape, torture and kill for fun is not a pleasant one. This book reminds us to be vigilant in life and be wary of strangers and friends alike.
Sharon Roy
If you want to know all sides of the story philip carlos book is way better.
Jenny
Sep 22, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Having already read Philip Carlo's book on the night stalker case I was keen to read this. Unfortunately i found it to be poorly researched and littered with inaccuracies, not even Ted Bundy's execution date was right !
Chad Brummett
The review Trine posted was actually by me. The brief synopsis is that it's not the best-written book out there, but a great read for true-crime fans or anyone that was terrified by hearing of this case in the past.
Dec 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd give this book 3.5 if the option was there. I thought the author did a nice job of giving all the gory details while also explaining angles of crimes and court procedures. By now this book is also a little dated, and does leave the reader hunting for an update on what happened to Richard Ramirez. I also felt there were times when the author came off as being slightly biased about the crime and the perpetrater. Of course, no one can remain completely objective after reviewing the case. Overal ...more
Lauren O'Rourke
Gruesome

My boyfriend thinks I am researching his murder based on the fact that I am obsessed with all things true crime. The more horrific, the better.

I didn't know what to expect going in to "The Night Stalker". But I know what I got coming out of it. Learning the details of each attack had me squirming in my seat. Suspenseful, even though I already knew details. I feel like I know Richard Ramirez on a " forensic investigators" level. I now lock and double check my doors at night.
Fishface
Jan 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gripping read. Hard to put down. The story is terrible but Linedecker tells it very well, despite what sounds like years of sitting in courtrooms waiting for something meaningful to happen. Not to be missed.
Paul
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of true crime
Enjoyable book that covered the topic in good detail. As points it is almost like reading a novel, particularly as it nears the point of his capture. For fans of true crime it is definitely a worthwhile read.
Joni
Nov 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Night Stalker was a well written, informative book, but did seem to ramble occasionally.
Jessica Applin
It's ok. Easy read.
Elissa
Good read. Appears to be an accurate account as I was living in Los Angeles at the time and remember the fear that pervaded L.A.
Matthew
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Killing of the Unicorn: Dorothy Stratten, 1960-1980
  • Cody Simpson: Welcome to Paradise: My Journey
  • One Direction: The Official Annual 2014
  • From Cradle to Grave: The Short Lives and Strange Deaths of Marybeth Tinning's Nine Children
  • Buried Dreams: Inside the Mind of a Serial Killer
  • Serial Killers (True Crime Series)
  • The Shoemaker