Start by marking “Elemental (Soul Guardians, #2)” as Want to Read:
Elemental (Soul Guardians, #2)

Elemental (Soul Guardians #2)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  1,725 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
When seventeen-year-old Kara Nightingale is suddenly struck by lightning and dies—yet again—she finds herself back in Horizon, where angels, oracles and other supernatural beings occupy a mystical world unknown to humanity. But when Kara accidentally strikes an angel with her newfound powers and nearly kills him, she is banished to the angel prison Tartarus. What’s more, K ...more
Published August 21st 2011 by Kim Richardson (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Elemental, please sign up.

Jayde Scott
Jul 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, angels, demons
After reading and enjoying Marked, the first book in the Soul Guardians series, I naturally had to pick up Elemental. The story continues where Marked left off: Kara has died in an unexpected accident and has found herself in Heaven where she joins the huge legions of angels that are soul savers. Her job is to save souls from the demons who try to destroy them. What Kara didn't know in the first book is that she was marked and that the demons where after her in the first place. After proving tha ...more
Valery
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started out pretty rough, but eventually came together. The grammar needs a good run through.

Enjoyed the story. A little too predictable, the cockroach being the equivalent of the monkeys was a perfect example of this.

For my clean readers:
Language, violence, and gore
Danielle
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I read and adored, MARKED. I couldn't wait for the sequel. ELEMENTAL - doesn't disappoint. I LOVED this book. It was beautifully written, with plot twists and turns, and the perfect amount of romance. I recommend this book to anyone who is tired of the same old paranormal/fantasy book. This book has it all.

This must be the most original series I have read in a long time. ELEMENTAL is even better than the first book. Kara dies again at the beginning--and the action takes off. The story follows h
Raggedyann
Dec 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Marked (Soul Guardians #1)Marked by Kim Richardson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the book. I couldn't give 5 stars because of the many errore on the book. A few may have been sloppy spell-checking. However, awkward sentence structure and punctuation were also issues. Every sentence shouldn't end with a question mark. With the author's background, I was very surprised at the punctuation errors.

Nero Shan
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Another great installment in the Soul Guardians series. I loved this book. It was better than the first. It drew me right into the world of guardian Angels and Demons, and into the lives of the characters (Kara and David). This book is a definite page turner. I would recommend this book (and series) to anyone who enjoys reading Fantasy/Paranormal novels that include elements of the supernatural. Elemental leaves you wanting more! I can't wait for the next book in this fabulous series.
Gerald Black
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Horrible grammar and spelling abound, but the idea is good.
Erika Joy Rugyendo-Henry
Good book better than the first book in the Soul Guardians series, "Marked" I'm
looking forward to the next book!
Stefany Tyler
Got to juvenile for me. Still an interesting angel/demon but almost seemed like it was trying to go more Harry Potter than it really should have. Probably won't finish the series now.
Julia
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
the grammar irritated me. after I read Marked, which I thought wasn’t so good, I picked up Elemental. I didn’t really enjoy it so I won’t be picking up the other books in the series.
Jamie
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: soul-guardians
Heaven isn't just sunshine, rainbows and butterflies!? In Kim Richardson's second book in the Soul Guardian Series, "Elemental", you get a a taste of the nitty-gritty side to Heaven...

Kara Nightingale is back, and she learns that no matter how special you might be...there are rules to follow. Even in heaven. But what happens when those rules are broken? In her quest to save her mother's soul, Kara finds out just what happens to Angels who break the laws, and comes face to face with true evil. Sh
Jesús Navarro
This book, the second in the series, follows up on Kara's adventures after she dies, again. Compared to the first book, I found this one less relevant, like many things have happened and still in the end there is no progress for any of the unresolved problems from the first book (what happened to her mother, is she able to control her powers, anything happened with David?). So probably you can skip to the third book without missing much, since those questions still haven't been answered. Also, I ...more
Holly
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Amazing book. I LOVE IT
Carys
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reads-of-2013
After reading the first book Marked I was hooked into this story and I think that Elemental was much more interesting book to read as I got to know the various characters even more and discover new ones. this story is really interesting and i became easily hooked into it as I think that the main characters had a bigger role to play as well as the demons. At first i thought i could guess what would happen at the end on the book from reading the first few chapters at the beginning but i was comple ...more
Susan
Jul 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
When seventeen year-old Kara Nightingale is suddenly struck by lightning and dies 14yet again 14she finds herself back in Horizon, where angels, oracles and other supernatural beings occupy a mystical world unknown to humanity. But when Kara accidently strikes an angel with her newfound powers and nearly kills him, she is banished to the angel prison Tartarus. What 19s more, Kara soon discovers her mother 19s soul has been taken by Demons. Hunted by the Legion, Kara takes refuge with a new band ...more
Candace
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
UGH! Zedeblablabla.... GRRR! Such a jerk! There's something up with him! O_o So weird!
OMG! ^_^ David, you're just making me love you more lol. He's a little too foolish, but I still love that he's carefree and sarcastic =)
Kara, I know you're a cool girl, I love that, but seriously THINK THINGS THROUGH please!!!!
DYING to get into the next book! ^-^ Hopefully the website I'm using stops acting up :/
Auburn Waves
Problems from the first book still abound. The characters were still a bit flat and the story moved too quickly. The plot was slightly better, although the climax was dull and the book didn't really feel finished where the author ended it.
I never really got into the story when I was reading it and I kept putting it down. Getting through it often felt like a chore sadly. Would I read it again. Certainly not. Will I read the next one. Yes, but I have a thing about finishing series.
Bethany Compton
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars, not because I didn't like it, but because of the awful ending. I absolutely hate cliffhangers. This book just stops in the middle of something happening(I wont say what because I don't want to be a spoiler) and its just like for real? What happens? So you HAVE to buy the next book to find out what happens in a scene that should have been finished in this book. The grammar still needs work. But overall I loved it a lot.
Detroitangel
Dec 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-this
3 STARS. Kara is brought back to Horizon to help with the work overload since the mysterious disappearance of thousands of GAs has begun. She gets a lofty promotion, but that does't last long when the angels find out who her Father really is. Kara is prosecuted without trial, sent to prison, and unable to save her Mom's soul, which is being held by the demon Lord. The end doesn't look shiny and happy for our dear Kara.
Emma
Jul 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: summer-read-2k13
CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!

(I am speaking my mind so if none of this makes sense it because of too much feels)

I swear the archangel at the end is like part evil or something! I can't believe they didn't trust her I mean being a bit biest because of Asmaodeus much. She had proven that she was good in the last book then they go and judge her on her past that she knew nothing of!
Lois Diana
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Kara was able to save her mothers soul, but in doing so she learned a horrible secret about her family one she would have rather not known. But now that she does know she still doesn't believe it. Now the council doesn't believe her and her only friends are David, Jenny, and Peter. Kara is still struggling to find out who her true friends are besides David, Jenny, and Peter.
Megan
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A lot of things have happened since. 2014 Was a very hard year for myself so all the reviews are showing up on the same date. I can't explain why they are, if the ratings are justice or accurate I can also not say when I truly read these. I'm just going to say 2014 on the same day added just to keep the year right if not the month...
Sarah Richards
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had sixty pages left in this book when I went to bed. After an hour and a half, my husband asks me if I have finished, if he could turn off the light. I had to sheepishly admit to being fifty pages into Horizon, the sequel to Elemental. Oh, I love my Nook. When I finish one book I have the next one at my finger tips!
Aaron Sta.Clara
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great installment of Marked!Kim Richardson deserves to be acknowledged worldwide for her amazing and electrifying Soul Guardian series.The story is beautifully-written,as if you're just watching a movie.I salute you Ma'am! :)
From:Philippines. :)
Sherij
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Book was ok, the first one was better. I had figured out many of the key "twists" in this book before i opened it. Good YA book but i felt reading it that i was just being set up for book 3 and the content was a bit a lacking. On to the next one.
Lara
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really loved how she combined the romance with the action. Was filled with suspense that kept me thinking and had alot of valid points that made me compare about chrisianity and how it would be like in heaven.
Anita
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Love the continued story of Kara Nightingale! Very interesting that Kara is something totally different than the Angels expected! Loved the switch up and loved how the unexpected continues to save the day! Can't wait for the next one!
Jessica Ashe
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another great read by Kim Richardson! My only qualm with this series is her use of the word "screwed". In my Opinion, the Word is overused, but other than that small minor Detail, it is one of my favorite YA series! The end really leaves you hanging. I can't wait to start the next book!
Chris
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story is great. Kara has to fight demons with a sword and she finds out who her real friends are.
Friends don't leave you when things get tough.
I have already stared the next book. Horizon.
Can't wait to find out what happens.

Lisa
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another really good book. I totally stumbled on this series by accident and am really enjoying it. I am a little annoyed with the archangels and their stubbornness but i am hoping the next one they shape up.
  • Broken Wings (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #2)
  • Roots and Wings (The Gifted Teens, #2)
  • Charade (Heven and Hell, #2)
  • Angel Mark (Beautiful Beings, #4)
  • Second Sight (Sojourner, #3)
  • Unholy Death (Requiem #2)
  • Out in Blue (Return to Sanctuary, #1)
  • Nephilim (Academy of the Fallen, #2)
  • The Innocence of White: Gabi & Jack’s Story (Vamp Chronicles, #3.5)
  • No Mercy (Cambion, #2.5)
  • Love's Long Shadow (Battle for Souls, #0.5)
  • Resistance (Saga of the Setti, #2)
  • Human
  • Cataclysm (The Watchers, #3)
  • Ascension (Dream Realms Trilogy #3 Part 2)
  • Jiu Jiu, Vol. 2
  • Asmodeus (Fallen Angel, #2)
2053448
Kim Richardson is the award-winning author of the bestselling SOUL GUARDIANS series. She lives in the eastern part of Canada with her husband, two dogs and a very old cat. She is the author of the SOUL GUARDIANS series, the MYSTICS series, and the DIVIDED REALMS series. Kim's books are available in print editions, and translations are available in over 7 languages.

More about Kim Richardson...

Soul Guardians (8 books)
  • Marked (Soul Guardians #1)
  • Horizon (Soul Guardians #3)
  • Netherworld (Soul Guardians #4)
  • Seirs (Soul Guardians #5)
  • Mortal (Soul Guardians #6)
  • Reapers (Soul Guardians #7)
  • Seals (Soul Guardians #8)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
  • Tales of the Hidden World
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)