Start by marking “The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)

The Golden Dynasty

(Fantasyland #2)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  27,945 ratings  ·  2,627 reviews
ASIN B005IMCYVI moved to newer alternate cover edition.
Circe Quinn goes to sleep at home and wakes up in a corral filled with women wearing sacrificial virgin attire - and she is one of them. She soon finds out that she’s not having a wild dream, she’s living a frightening nightmare where she’s been transported to a barren land populated by a primitive people and in short
Published August 22nd 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Golden Dynasty, please sign up.
Rose I see your point. I think the main reason why it went over was because (Spoiler Alert!!!)the author made it seem like because of the language barrier …moreI see your point. I think the main reason why it went over was because (Spoiler Alert!!!)the author made it seem like because of the language barrier he possibly thought she wanted it to happen since her words didn't make sense to him because he didn't know the language. So her saying no was to him like he was being challenged by his men especially since he didn't know what that word meant.
(Spoiler alert) What I found to be unforgivable was the fact that he hit her. This man who has trained to fight since he was eleven hit her. Ladies please listen once they hit its over. Because they won't stop after that, since you let him get away with it the first time. Someone I know and love had a husband that beat on her. He caused her to lose her first baby then continued to beat on her over the years. She finally left him after he made her a shell of who she formerly was. They have two girls and a boy. She never told the police so he still has visitation rights. One night, after she left him she let him stay over for the night. She woke up to one daughter shaking her her awake and to her other daughter screaming. She ran into the other room to find him raping her daughter of 5. She managed to get him off of her little baby girl and out of the house and then she ran with her children leaving all behind not even taking her car. She told her mother what happened, who I also know, not saying where she is now.
Ladies please listen to me all these stories of women being hit by men and its "okay," isn't real. It's not okay, it's NEVER okay! I really wish authors would be real with this. Another man I know of wound up killing his wife through strangulation and she was bigger than he was. When it comes down to it he will win (unless of course you have a gun that you know how to use and manage to grab it and aim it and shoot before he over powers you). So Lahn hitting her made me so angry and hurt. I forgave him for the rape because of the language barrier and belief that he probably hadn't realized yet that she didn't want that to happen. (SPOILER!!!!)When he hit her, and didn't even apologize for hitting her, I was done with him and hoped he got hit and more by someone stronger than him. The only reason I finished the book was to see if she would have the sense to leave him, (won't say if she did or didn't though). I thought he was a real man and was very disappointed to find out that he wasn't. Real men do NOT hit women.(less)
Sönïa Dhillion I was wondering the same thing as shubha . My brother recently started watching the show .so I watched it too but then I thought the show started 2011…moreI was wondering the same thing as shubha . My brother recently started watching the show .so I watched it too but then I thought the show started 2011 whereas this series came before but then I remembered there is a book series before the show was aired . Just like the outlander so the question remains.(less)

·  27,945 ratings  ·  2,627 reviews

Start your review of The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2)
Jilly
Sep 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hated-it, fantasy
The only thing that could make this book okay is if the author donated all of the money made on it to battered women's shelters to help the women who have suffered the atrocities that she is trying to glamorize in this book. Rape is never romantic. Domestic abuse is never forgivable. Slavery is never acceptable.

We start out with a "hunt" where women are in a corral and are set loose to run for their lives as men on horses hunt them down, rape them, tear off all their clothes, and then display th
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One of my absolute favorites, especially by Kristen Ashley <3
Amazing book, love it to pieces :))))

The story

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Circe suddenly wakes up in a strange place surrounded by women and finds out that they are about to be hunted by warriors.
If only it was a bad dream, but no, the warrior king sees her, fights for her, and wins her.
Right after the brutal claiming (rape), she is presented to his people as their golden queen.
Yep, poor Circe had it bad right from the start, and now
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

You know you’ve struck gold when you've found an author whose every book you experience becomes your newest favorite, and such is the case with Kristen Ashley. Every single book I've read, 21 to date, has become a keeper because the characters and their stories grab hold and just will not let go!

How is it possible that this happens time and time again, you ask?

Well, when I sit down to read a book and escape the crap that comes with real life, it's not the properly placed semi colon or comma tha
Stacey is Sassy
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes an epic tale...
***Re-read April 18, 2017 June 20, 2018***

I don't think it could EVER be a bad experience...

It's my yearly visit and I loved it AGAIN. I will be back.

***********

So, Goodreads is telling me that I’m re-reading The Golden Dynasty for the 21st time. Well, that might be a slight exaggeration…but it might also be pretty bloody accurate. I LOVE THIS STORY!!

I was having a think on why I love re-reading, or in a lot of cases listening to an audio for a re-read, so much. I think re-reading is like being
Aestas Book Blog
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5.5 stars!

I ABSOLUTELY ADORED THIS BOOK!!!!

Kristen Ashley never ceases to amaze me with the beauty of the books she writes. Seriously, this story is just magical <3

Its a story about two people overcoming extreme cultural differences for the sake of love. There were parts of this book that were gruesome, brutal and sickening, parts that were swoony, heart-melting and utterly precious and ultimately it told a beautiful story about compromise, understanding and acceptance.

The story follows Cir
Candace
Of all the books in Kristen Ashley's 'Fantasyland' series, 'The Golden Dynasty' was by far my favorite. I love dark, controversial romances that make you love them in spite of all reason. This was one of those stories. I spent as much time cringing as I did smiling, but I couldn't have asked for more. I loved this one!

If you've read many of Ms. Ashley's books, then it goes without saying that the hero is an over-the-top Alpha. Dax Lahn, King of Suh Tunak and the Horde of Korwahk, was pretty inti
Christy
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
MORE than 5 stars!!!

photo ad246ffa-6d90-4f3a-9377-61091eb4b4b3_zpsd01261d0.jpg

It’s no secret I am a huge KA fan. Love her books. Some are good, most are great, and a few are exceptional. This is an exceptional read! Such an amazing story! Loved every single thing about it!

I went to bed in my bed in a world I understood and I woke up here in a world that was entirely foreign to me, everything about it, and not one thing about it was good. And now I was running for my life.

Circe is just a girl from Seattle who woke up one morning surrounded by
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading by: Phuong ✯
Shelves: favorites

🎧 3rd Read, Apr. 2021 — 5 Stars

[2nd Read]

Feb. 2021 — 5 Stars

Yes, I re-read this because of alluring B ❄︎ , so thank you B for that. *hides in shame for being easily influenced* 🙈 I’ve actually re-read it more than twice, but I didn’t do it back to back. Those times were always when I was in the mood to re-listen to (only) my favorite passages.

I’m at this point in my reading life where I can’t go on a few days without thinking... I need to pick up a KA book today. In fact, 80% of the romance b
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Re-read (for probably the 5th time) 3.25.14

6+++ STARS

I gave up my world for you, Lahn. I sat at your side through things people in my world would find loathsome and I did it with my head held high. I even felt pride that I could endure, that I could be a good queen to you. I didn’t know how to be a queen but every day I walked amongst your people giving them my time and my ear and my attention, hoping that was what I was supposed to do. Everything I did in this fucking place, even before
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
5+++++++++++++++++ STARS

This is seriously in my top 5 of all time EVER books. I loved it. I can't even write a review about it because I would butch it. DAX LAHN, I love you.
Kristen
December 29, 2013 Update

I decide to give this book another try and I'm so glad I did. Even though I still struggled with the rape scene at the beginning of the story, I believe this to be Kristen Ashley's best work. It's not my favorite but it's brilliantly and superbly written. I'm so glad I gave it another chance.

April 12, 2012

DNF

I did not finish this book due to personal reasons. Because there is no disclaimer at the beginning of the book, I feel the need to let potential readers kno
NMmomof4
4 Stars (Originally Read 7/3/2018)

4.5 Stars (Re-Read 1/14/2019)

4.5 Stars (Re-Read 11/12/2019)

4.5 Stars (Re-Read 5/21/2020)

4.5 Stars (Re-Read 2/22/2021)

Re-Read Update: I'm not going to add much to this review after my re-read, because I still feel mostly the same about the book. I did enjoy it more (hence my increase in stars) and didn't have as many issues with the h as I did before. That could very well be because I remembered how everything works out and wasn't experiencing it for the fir
Wendys Wycked Words
I have read this wonderful book many many times. I can honestly say, that this is my absolute favorite KA book...and I have many KA favorits.

YqiFWKK.gif (431×281)

I never took the time to review this one though, because I love it so much...which is making it hard for me to write down a proper review. I have so many many feelings about this one, that I don't even know how or where to start.

giphy.gif (500×262)

Being that this is one of my all time favorite books though, I felt I had to write down something....so here goes.

Circe is a 35 ye
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Re reading again! I love this book.

And I left this series till last and did not think I would like it, and even starting this book, it started horrifically, and I wondered how KA could redeem him, but for me she just did!

“I could not dream a better you.”
Oh my God.
Oh… my… God.
Did he just say that?
I stared into his warm eyes.
He just said that.
And that was so sweet, so unexpected but so welcome, my breath arrested and all I could do was continue staring at him.
He wasn’t done. “A better wi
Eda**
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites

RE-READ#7

Still one of my favourite books ever. *sigh*

** 10 “loot kay hansahnalay na” STARS **

“If you’re given the opportunity to look deep enough, you can see a person’s spirit in their eyes but usually, they are guarded, kept safe. Not you, my tigress. You hold your spirit close to the surface for all to behold and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
~ LAHN

This book... This f*ckin' book.

It was nothing like any other I’ve ever read.

From the first page, to the last, I
Penny
"I gave up a world for you."

I LOVED IT. LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!

“I already had a feeling I was screwed, seeing I was in sacrificial virgin attire and in a corral. But now I was thinking I was way screwed. My attention focused back on her when she went on to say in a dire tone, “The Wife Hunt.”

This was an amazing book! AMAZING!

“My side hurt. My feet hurt. My neck hurt. My ass hurt. I needed a fucking bra. But I didn't care. I just ran.”

I have no words, I don't know what to say! I need
Lorena
Nov 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Recommended to Lorena by: Only myself to blame
Review contains strong themes including rape

The Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley is the story of Circe, a modern woman from Seattle, who wakes up in a parallel universe. She is upon waking subjected to a so called wife hunt, rape and forced into marriage. The story continues of the main characters' struggle to overcome their many differences and Circe’s struggle to accept this new world of the Korwahk and her new warrior husband Lahn.

I didn't like this book at all and I especially loathe the her
alluring B ❄︎
Reread 🎧 : 4.98🌟

yo i can’t believe it’s only been 2 months since i first read this and i already miss Lahn so much i had to pick this up again 😭🤚🏻 I just want to sign up as his super exclusive private Xacto we don’t even have to tell Circe, man 😞

I enjoyed this a lot more listening to the audiobook and that’s mostly bc i didn’t have to torture myself w the bad/cringey writing. however, the downside of it was that i couldn’t use Khal drogo’s voice in my head bc of the narrator but wtv you get
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Third re-read: 29.01.2021
I don't like how pushy Diandra is. I also don't like that not just one character, but pretty much everyone talks the same way. They constantly push their opinions on a character. Not giving said character a chance to speak. And another thing that seriously bother me with KA's books is the constant use of "baby" "honey" "sweet" "my love" and so forth. I get that SOME people are like this, but not freaking everyone. Lahn does something truly bad, like for example, hitt
Alexis *Reality Bites*

photo 83938-Sue-Sylvester-OUTSTANDING-gif-t7Eq_zps1eaede2f.gif

This series is

photo tumblr_mo0xqo6P361stlf11o1_500_zpsa6b7d4cb.gif

My Thoughts are
KA is a true GENIUS!! The second I finished this book I found my self wanting to go back to the beginning to start all over again. YES, it was that GOOD! I noticed how KA set up each story in the first book which is Wildest Dreams, again GENIUS! It was that fantasyland book where she mentions what's up with each couple and even sets the story line up for her current release B
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Reread #4848548469 on 4/21/18
LOVE THIS BOOK

So when I discovered one of my all time favorite books was released in paperback for the first time, I bought that paperback right away! I meant to skim my favorite parts, but ended up completely rereading the entire book. And it was just as good if not better the second time around.

I am writing this review on a different edition of the book, so I think 2 reviews will show up and for that I am sorry if it bothers anyone. But since Goodreads doesn't ha
Amy | Foxy Blogs
17 hours of audio bliss!! My favorite Kristen Ashley book to date!!!

If you're a fan of GAME OF THRONES love story between Daenerys and Khal Drogo then this story is for you!!! This is how I pictured their love story had Khal Drogo stayed on the show longer.

READ IT!!! I'm already planning to re-read this book later this year!!

SERIES
Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1) by Kristen Ashley The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland, #2) by Kristen Ashley Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3) by Kristen Ashley Broken Dove (Fantasyland, #4) by Kristen Ashley Midnight Soul (Fantasyland, #5) by Kristen Ashley
The Fantasyland Series is a series of five novels that take place in our world and a parallel universe where fantasies are true... but perhaps no
✰ Liz ✰

description

I know that many of my friends make fun of me for reading so many things at once but I just can't help it! While on vacation this past week, I couldn't help but pick up one of my faves! I absolutely adore this book. Circe and Lahn are two of my favorite characters of all time! This book has it all! Romance, passion, action, and the absolute best steamy scenes! It doesn't matter if you are a KA fan or not, this book is the best! Now I can start my next read with a big smile on my face! Everyone h
~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

OK, mini review for this one.

I am so glad I read this! Dax Lahn = The Man

I hate fantasy crap, I don't like LoTR or Hobbits or (gasp) GoT! I don't mind a vamp and dabbled in shifters way back when Samantha Towle was writing them, but the thought of this series generally gave me the shivers so I steered well clear for years.

What a fucking idiot I am, because it turns out that this is now one of my favourite KA books ever! Really I should have been more open minded, I mean I love
Sophia Triad
I only have one word for this book: EPIC
I have to say that it is the perfect example of how season 1 in Game of Thrones should have been developed, executed and concluded without breaking the hearts of Drogo's fans.
Because trust me when I say that there is no chance someone who loves watching Game of Thrones and is reading the book for first time not picturing Dax Lahn as Drogo and Circe Quinn as Daenerys.
In the downfalls of the book, I really missed the elves and the dragons from Fantasyland
Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Starr (AKA Starrfish) by: ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
I'm gonna try something new and write my review as I go along reading the book. I feel like this will be one of those books I have "revelations" about as I read along that won't be satisfied with just my stat updates. And also, it's a freaking LONG book! But I promised Princess N I'd read all of it and not skip so I will keep that promise IF SHE WILL DO THE SAME! (You know what I'm talking about P2)

Rating to come at the end.

So, impressions thus far are as follows:

Then:

Seriously, it's like readi
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Dax Lahn screamed of Drogo from the Games of Thrones and picturing him looking like Jason Mamoa was no hardship. I absolutely loved his character. There is nothing better than a dominant alpha who turns into such a protective loving mate to his woman. Even with the beginning of this story having some scenes that I would normally abhor in my romance novel, the author did such a good job of explaining it that I couldn't even hold their customs against them. That being said, there are triggers in t ...more
Jennifer Kyle
description

It’s a known fact that I don’t read synopses and loving Wildest Dreams had me expecting more sleigh rides, castles and fancy parties. What I got was BRUTAL but nonetheless FANTASTIC.

description

This story opens in one hell of a horrific situation and I was longing for a card game in the pub like in the first book of this series.

Kristen Ashley brought a brutal, savage, warrior king (the most alpha male she has ever written) to fall in love despite language, culture and world barriers was truly mesmerizing.
It's just me Shelly B
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to It's just me Shelly B by: Blacky *Romance Addict*
Shelves: paranormal
“He is a savage. Tales of his exploits have spread wide. Very cruel. Heartless.”

King Lahn or Dax Lahn if you speak Korwahk

He is a savage and me likey savages!!!!!!!! He was so perfect in every primitive way possible!! The people that he ruled, the Korwahk nation are basically savages, the warriors pick their brides in a hunt.

Yes people a hunt!! All the beauties of many nations are basically kidnapped and the warriors, of this race of people, get to pick their bride but then they have to hunt the
Books like this? 35 2322 Sep 01, 2019 01:29AM
Looking for more… 7 264 Dec 21, 2018 10:31AM
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Fantasy/Romance woman from our world goes to parallel world. [s] 14 117 Jan 22, 2018 10:00AM
Turning Pages At ...: Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley 43 33 Nov 03, 2017 04:23AM
Kristen Ashley Ad...: The Golden Dynasty (Book #2)Dax Lahn and Circe (Spoilers Possible) 487 1402 Nov 09, 2016 07:13PM
In case you didn't know. 1 144 Jun 25, 2016 08:09AM

• The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #1)
  • Claimed by the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar, #2)
  • Transcendence (Transcendence, #1)
  • Warprize  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #1)
  • Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1)
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
  • Radiance (Wraith Kings, #1)
  • Ruthless King (Ruthless Warlords #1)
  • Burn (Dark in You, #1)
  • Madness of the Horde King (Horde Kings of Dakkar #3)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • Choosing Theo (Clecanian #1)
  • Fury (New Species, #1)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • The Favor
  • Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1)
  • Choosing Her Alpha
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Fantasyland (5 books)
  • Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)
  • Fantastical (Fantasyland, #3)
  • Broken Dove (Fantasyland, #4)
  • Midnight Soul (Fantasyland, #5)