Start by marking “Courting Miss Lancaster” as Want to Read:
Courting Miss Lancaster

Courting Miss Lancaster

(The Lancaster Family #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5,585 ratings  ·  777 reviews
Harry Windower adores blonde, green-eyes Athena Lancaster, but alas, a penniless man like himself has no hope of winning a young noblewoman's hand. To add insult to injury, Athena's brother-in-law and guardian, the Duke of Kielder, has asked Harry to assist Athena in finding a gentleman of her dreams. But the lovesick Harry is cunning as well: as the weeks pass, he introdu ...more
Published July 26th 2011 by Covenant Communications (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Courting Miss Lancaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Miss Lancaster

really liked it 4.00  ·

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I always enjoy this one!

Poor Harry has fallen for someone completely out of his reach, the beautiful Athena Lancaster, the sister-in-law to his best friend the dreaded Duke of Kielder. Not only is Harry penniless and therefore unsuitable himself, he has be given the task to help the Duke sort out and find a suitable match for Athena. I loved the twist Harry takes in his matchmaking attempts, instead of introducing men Athena might like, he introduces men with questionable characteristics with t
Tandie
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of lighthearted, clean regency romance
This held up to a reread. Still 5 Harry and Athena stars. Very swoony! This was a totally clean read. I can’t believe how sexy Sarah Eden made hand holding!

********************
First of all, the cover is off putting. The woman isn't ugly, it's just weird and cheesy looking. Especially when compared to Eden's Friends and Foes. It shouldn't matter, but I suppose it does a little since I took this long to read Courting Miss Lancaster. Even the title is unexceptional.

The story is sweet and fun! Can y
Janette
Jun 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll admit right off that I'm slightly biased about Sarah Eden's book because she is one of my favorite people. If you are ever lucky enough to be at a conference where she's teaching, go to her class. Trust me. She's a riot.

I've already read Sarah's book Seeking Persephone, so I was glad to see Adam and Harry again. This time Harry is the hero and the book switches pov between him and Athena.

I loved the humor between Adam and Harry. In fact, I have to say I was a lot more engrossed in their rel
Kathleen
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it
A Regency Romance

Book 2 of the series, set in London in 1806, a year after book 1 began. I enjoyed this Regency Romance, but unfortunately what I liked most were the scenes that involved Adam, the Duke of Kielder, from book 1, Seeking Persephone. Adam plays a key role in this book, both alone and with his Duchess, Persephone. Adam has become legal guardian to his wife's four siblings, including her sister Athena (the heroine). So...as guardian, Adam must play the noble knight and ride to Athena'
Kathy
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
After reading Romancing Daphne I had to go back and read the other books in this series. I didn't like this one quite as much as Romancing Daphne but it is still a great book! Looking forward to reading the other one in this series.

Content: Clean
Deborah
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah M. Eden was put on this earth to be a writer. Yes. She. Was. I love her books. I just love them. They are clean, fun, witty and everything you need in a sweet romance. It's not just the fact that it all ends with a "happily ever after." It's the fact that the story is so well written along the way that you enjoy it up until there is the happily ever after.

I think the reason I loved this one so much was the fact that I adored Harry. I loved how sweet he was. I love the fact that he was kin
Kate
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fifth star because I’ve never before read a novelist who could so effectively replace the first-sex-scene in modern romance novels with steamy handholding. Harry, in love with Athena but too poor to court her, offers to help screen her suitors for her misanthropic brother-in-law, but is certain he ought to persuade her to be pickier so introduces her to less than thrilling suitors. Much better than the third book. There is not enough interaction among the sisters, or really among any of the prot ...more
herdys
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a sweet and fluffy book. Not as angsty as the first one but the romance was pretty simple. So happy our dear Harry got his bride! Plus we get to see more of Adam and Persephone and their married life! Also, Adam and Daphne's interactions were the best! :")
Katie W
Apr 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun Regency romance!! Athena's indimadating brother-in-law, who happens to be a duke, is in charge of launching her into society. Of course Adam has no interest in doing so, so he forces his best friend, Harry, to weed of the bad ones. Little does Adam know, but Harry is secretly in love with Athena, which makes his job.....not so fun.

The characters were pure fun!! Adam is such a tough, grumpy guy, with a secret tender heart; Persephone is so sweet; Harry is hilarious and fun; Athena is a
Kristen
1/17/18 - Sigh, just love these books. They are a go-to clean and romantic read.

12/26/13 - I'm not sure why I had only given it 4 stars before...love Eden's books.

12/20/12 - Just re-read...I LOVE Adam & Harry. They are such great characters!!!

10/14/11 - Just read it again today. So cute!

5/20/10-
This book was so cute, I loved it. It was a little predictable from the get-go but it was fun to see how it all played out. I wish I could get my hands on her other books!

Clean, clean, clean!
Tito
I loved Harry and Athena almost as much as Persephone and Adam from the first book, and that's saying a lot. Well written, cute, and very enjoyable.

Heather
OH WOW!! I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!!!! It doesn't happen very often, but once in a while I come across a book that I loved so much that I have a hard time getting into my next book. That is what happened after reading Seeking Persephone and then this back to back! I loved them so much. Now I keep starting books and puting them down and try something else because nothing is living up to these two books! I keep wanting THIS story I think! The romance IS the story. There's nothing rivoting or exciting t ...more
Jen
Jan 06, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the sequel to Seeking Persephone which I loved. Courting Miss Lancaster is a very short jaunt back into the lives of Persephone, Adam, and Harry. Only this time it's fun loving Harry who is in love with Persephone's sister and has been given the task of finding a suitable match for Athena (Persephone's sister). Instead of finding good matches he finds the most awkward, and annoying men because he wants her all for himself. All in all a cute fun read, but not nearly the caliber of Mrs. Ed ...more
Miss Clark
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Alice
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. I knew "Courting Miss Lancaster" was one of my new favorite Regencies by the end of chapter 1! It had me laughing from the first page right to the very end! The characters were perfect, witty, charming, intriguing, and hilarious! Harry Windover reminded me of Johnny Lee Miller's portrayal of Mr. Knightley, and Athena reminded me of an odd mix of Emma Woodhouse and Catherine Moorland. I loved both of them so much! Adam and Persephone were incredible too, and SO funny! (I'm really looking ...more
Anne Osterlund
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Harry has a problem. His best friend, Adam, has just ordered him to help find an appropriate match for Adam’s ward, Athena. Something that would be much easier if a. Harry wasn’t in love with Athena and b. Harry was in any kind of financial situation to marry her. Instead, he’s basically supposed to make certain she doesn’t marry anyone like him.

Athena has been dreaming of a London season her entire life: how she will look across a crowded ballroom and suddenly see the man who will no doubt be p
Melissa
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Melanyie
Oh I love Eden's books! It is amazing how they hold me till I finish. She doesn't need lots of action and page turning suspense to get you through her books. They are just a well written love story that doesn't let you go till you know the ending. I really have had a harder time reading Austen novels as I've gotten older, because the language is hard to get threw, but I crave those English romances and I get it with Eden's books. I liked the characters in this novel they are what held me and kep ...more
Nicole
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fiction, regency, clean, comedy
Shelves: favorites
I wish I could give this a 6 star rating! I have not laughed so often over a book in a long time! The charming characters and delightful wit had me thoroughly engaged in the story and completely sold on the idea of reading more from this author.
"Courting Miss Lancaster" is book two in a series, but having read just the synopsis for book 1 (Seeking Persephone), I didn't feel lost in the plot. I would, however, like to go back and read #1, because I thoroughly enjoyed the role those characters pla
Debbie Cranberryfries
I adored this book from start to finish. The characters were endearing and I love a good lead man, which Harry did not disappoint. Don't worry though, this book wasn't too fluffy or anything. I really thought Sarah did a fabulous job making me care about the characters and want to be invested in what was happening.
Aubrey
Mar 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tells the story of Adam's best friend Harry, from "Seeking Persephone". Ah, the agony of being responsible for finding a suitable match for the woman you are secretly in love with yourself. Not to be missed!
Andrea
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet!

This story is so sweet! I loved it!
Harry has two problems. 1. He is poor. He is in love with Athena. His longtime friend, The Dastardly Duke of Kielder, Adam has forbidden fortune hunters from courting his sister-in-law, Athena. 2. Adam has given Him the task of being "suitor-sorter" for any gentlemen that show an interest in Athena.

What follows is a chorus of characters, all unsuitable for Athena but entertaining for this reader.
I enjoyed seeing Persephone and Adam again. This book can be
Lisa
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how this one picked up where the last book left off. Not quite as good as Persephone’s story, but still really great. I never would have read it though just judging by the cover. It looks so corny!
AG Reads
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hr, clean-romance
A lighthearted, clean read. There was not a lot of depth or particlar orginality, but it was sweet and pretty much what I expected from the book description. The wring and editing were decent. The two main characters were likeable. I wouldn't call the book funny or a rom-com, but it was a light and an easy read. Overall, worth borrowing from the library or picking up on a sale.
Carol
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was fun. Easy read that just made me smile.
Kelly
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sigh! That is all!
I'm a fan for life for Sarah Eden's books!!
Chantele Sedgwick
So cute. Can't wait for book 3!
Candice
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Preface: This is a strange review for me!

First of all, after reading the whole book, I am just crazy about the love story Ms. Eden wrote. And that is a rare thing for me when it comes to books; I'm usually pretty picky. I would LOVE to read more just like it. To add, I was beginning to think I was losing interest in love stories (especially with all the immoral crap that is being included now) until this one blew me away.

However, through the first third of the book, her writing drove me a little
Camille
Not only was Courting Miss Lancaster super cute, it was so fun continuing the stories of the characters I came to love in Seeking Persephone, especially the friendly, charming, and cheerful Harry.

This novel had much more lightheartedness than its more gothic-feeling predecessor. Poor Harry finds himself tasked with helping the woman he loves— but which he’s considered ineligible to pursue— a husband. While his plight is already sympathetic, I loved the twist Harry takes in his matchmaking attem
Stacey
Feb 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
M.A. Nichols
This one hovers around the 3.5 range for me, but mostly because I liked getting a sort of epilogue for the hero and heroine from "Seeking Perspehone". I think my favorite scenes revolved around them and I liked them even more in this book than I did in their book.

This is a sweet little story and has some funny moments to it, but mostly it's rather forgettable. It mostly surrounds the hero quietly pining for the heroine, while being forced to set her up with potential husbands (which ends up bein
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 21, 2014 11:39AM

• Twitterpated
  • Obsession
  • The Light of the Lover's Moon
  • Lord Fenton's Folly
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)

The Lancaster Family (4 books)
  • Seeking Persephone (The Lancaster Family, #1)
  • Romancing Daphne (The Lancaster Family, #3)
  • Loving Lieutenant Lancaster (The Lancaster Family, #4)
“I have no desire to spend every night of the next few months at balls and soirees or drowning in tea with morning callers.” 18 likes
“I have found that sometimes a person is the last to know when she is in love. One's heart does not always share it's secrets with one's mind.” 12 likes