Start by marking “Feversong (Fever, #9)” as Want to Read:
Feversong (Fever, #9)

Feversong (Fever #9)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  12,892 Ratings  ·  1,587 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning returns with the epic conclusion to her pulse-pounding Fever series, where a world thrown into chaos grows more treacherous at every turn. As Mac, Barrons, Ryodan, and Jada struggle to restore control, enemies become allies, right and wrong cease to exist, and the lines between life and death, lust and love, disappear ...more
Published January 17th 2017 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Feversong, please sign up.
Andrea You may feel that way but a lot of people hate the idea of the Fever series ever ending and I'm one of them. I wish it would go on forever. I'm tired…moreYou may feel that way but a lot of people hate the idea of the Fever series ever ending and I'm one of them. I wish it would go on forever. I'm tired of hearing people complain that KMM isn't writing the story the way they think it should go because I happen to love the way the story is going. I'm tired of watching Dani lovers bash Mac lovers or vice versa. Every time KMM puts a book out, somebody goes crazy because they didn't get the developments or characters they wanted. It's really simple, if you think it should have ended, stop reading it. I sometimes think the problem people have with this series is that she's no longer writing romance novels and to me, it seems some people keep trying to force this series to be a romance that follows classic romance conventions.

Dani was kept in a cage for years and turned into a killer by the age of eight. This isn't a romance series. It's dark. It's brutal. It's about young women trying to be strong in a hard world. No one in this series is perfect and that's a huge part of my attraction to it. KMM doesn't try to explain their flaws away, she writes them flat out flawed and lets us decide what to think of them. I'm so involved in the Jada/Shazam thing that I cried at the end of Feverborn. And after reading the recent excerpt from EW I'm a nervous wreck about Mac.

I found this series one day when I'd run out of good scifi/fantasy books to read. I'm not a romance reader so my expectations of it were probably very different. I fell in love with the complexity of the plot and world-building, the endless mysteries and red herrings, and I'm starved for more details about this world the same way I feel about the Harry Potter books. While I think KMM could have moved the plot forward more in Feverborn, it's really classic KMM, doing the slow build to the huge finale, like she did with Shadowfever. And that excerpt, SHE WENT THERE. Good God, she actually went there. She turned Mac evil. If you've been reading the series since the beginning, you had to know that was going to happen. I think all hell is going to break loose in Feversong and I'm going to be violently depressed when this series ends. :((less)
Mercedes The books main character is MacKayla Lane. It started with her, it should end with her.

⚔ Sh3lly ⚔
This may be a long and rambling review. I think it's time I was honest with myself and admitted that the true magic of this series ended with Shadowfever. The books that followed that, Iced, Burned, and Feverborn were not bad, but there was something missed that was never recaptured. And it's definitely not rekindled here.

While I didn't hate Feversong, it was somewhat disappointing. I won't spoil anything, and unless you haven't read up to this point yet, you'll know the main unresolved story co
Melanie
*.) Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha ★★★★★
6.) Iced ★★★★
7.) Burned
8.) Feverborn

“He kissed me like I was the empire he was sworn to protect and would die a thousand deaths to keep secure. He kissed me like I was a woman with a deep dark wildness that needed to be fed and he knew just how to do it. He kissed me like he was dying and this was the last kiss he would ev
Melissa
Aug 30, 2012 marked it as to-read
When I first learned that there were going to be two more Fever books in 2015 I was like:

And then I realized that there were going to be two more Fever books in 2015 .

And so I was like:

I need my Jericho Barrons fix. Right. Now.
Tatiana
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, urban-fantasy
Oh, Feversong... A conclusion that both satisfies and also underlines how unnecessary and sloppy the last 4 books really are.

Reading Feversong, I was mostly bored, not annoyed or disgusted at least, but bored nevertheless. The plot centers on finding Song of Making needed to get rid of the black holes that are poised to consume Earth. But the road to the solution is long and void of excitement or mysteries. Mac's continuous acquiring of different powers inside of her head means too much self-ref
Alp
“Sun, moon, and stars,” he growled against my ear.
I punched him in the shoulder. “Hush. You think I don’t know that?”

*Take a deep breath*

Alright, I'm surprisingly pleased with this book. I think my expectations for Feversong were set quite high, but they were exceeded. Honestly, they were more than fulfilled! This installment was way better than I thought it would be and I loved it! Yes, I loved it, though there were some major problems which I will tell you later in this review.

Okay, let’s se
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
OH MY GOD!!!! YESSS YESSS YESSSSS I LOVED IT!!! I was so fucking scared this would disappoint me aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh <3 <3 Holy shit I feel like crying. Review to come.
Nicole
After reading Feverborn, the worst book so far, I expected this book to be disastrous. I read some reviews and they mentioned their disappointments, I totally understand why but I wasn't since like I just mentioned, I thought the worst before starting this book. Thus, I enjoyed Feversong. Of course, many some chapters were so boring but I liked it more than Feverborn and even Burned. Yet, the numerous flaws are still there and we can't just ignore them.

The magic ended with Shadowfever. I got ov

♥Book♥YouVeryMuch
Ms. Mooning has posted a Note on her Facebook page answering some questions about the new series:

"Am I writing a 6th FEVER book?

Because I keep getting this question, I’ve realized I've obviously not answered it to your satisfaction:) I'm going to post here and ask that you all help me in spreading the word around.

I'm currently working on a trilogy that features Dani, Christian MacKeltar, Ryodan, and the mysterious 'Dancer,' set primarily in Fever-Dublin. Each installment in the trilogy is a stan
Jelly Belly
Nov 11, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fae
01/05/2015:
I think I just died.
Initial reaction:
description
Like Christmas morning :)

------------------------------------------------
1/16/2017:
THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!
Jilly
Yes, I'm pulling out the 5-star review, even though it wasn't perfect. I couldn't put the book down and it got to me. I actually had salty discharge coming from my eyes at one point. What is the meaning of this sorcery? I was very much calling myself a little bitch for crying, but crying did happen. And, since I rarely cry, I got a headache. *sigh*

It wasn't pretty.

But, after a wine and Percocet cocktail, I'm feeling just fine now.

Let me just say that if you haven't read the series up to this po
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I know a lot of people were scared to read this book. With the rumors going around, I actually found myself becoming more intrigued about the events of this book. That’s the thing about this series. You have to jump in with both feet to enjoy it.

FEVERSONG is book nine in the series. If you’ve read up to this book then you know that KMM writes balls to the wall. Nothing is simple and everything wears a mask. What you think you know isn’t real and time after time KMM has blindsided me with her r
SHOOKITHA TEA
3.5- NO SPOILERS
-----
Ok!! So this is it! The last book with Mac and Barrons.

I’ll be 100% honest here and say I’m a Dani/Jada stan chomping at the bit. So my hopes going into reading this were: PLEASE LET THERE BE SOME TIME FOR DANI ALREADY. My hopes were met. Jada finally gets her time in this one. As a Dani lover I’m finally, somewhat , satisfied.

But let me back up and talk about the book as a whole. There were some things I liked and somethings I felt kind of disappointed in.
Let’s start w
♛Tash
Dear book gods,

Please guide KMM's hand as she writes Feversong. May it have less balls and more story.

PS - nobody cares about the Unseelie King and concubine POV, please illuminate KMM that they'll be better off in an optional novella.

Ferdy

An improvement to Burned and Feverborn, I kind of hated those instalments. This one wasn't brilliant, there were a lot of things that bored/annoyed me but there was also a fair amount I really enjoyed.

(view spoiler)
Kira

A few things were good, but most of it was incredibly disappointing. The first third was boring as hell and repetitive. Then it got interesting for a while. By the halfway mark I was annoyed and stayed that way for the rest of the book. The only reason I finished this so quickly is because I knew if I put it down I'd never pick it back up again.

I could have lived without the many chapters from the sinsar dubh. Yeah I got it quite early on that it was evil. I didn’t need to read over and
Sophia Triad
DNF
I have reached 50% of the book and I simply cannot focus to finish it.
Maybe it is my fault.
I will give it another try after a few weeks, because it's not fair for the book.
No rating for now...

---------------------------------------
Everything pauses until I finish this!
I suppose I start from chapter 12...

---------------------------------------
BEFORE 170117
You can now read chapters 1-11 on author's webpage for free before the official date 17/1

Unfortunately, my final rating has alr
Olivia Ban
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I am so disappointed by Feversong I wish I could un-read pretty much every Fever book after Shadowfever. And it's not because the book is bad (it isn't), but it is everything I hoped it wouldn't be.

(view spoiler)
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3 stars

I HAD SO MANY ISSUES WITH THIS BOOK

The Fever series (1-5) is one of my all time favorite urban fantasy series, it's darkly original and so compelling. I even LOVED Iced, Dani is my favorite character.

But then people had to go and whine about how annoying Dani was and blah blah blah and Moning caved to them, and then we got stuck with this disappointing hybrid of a spinoff series.

I just wish the last three books were Dani like it had originally intended to be. Her parts of this book we
Yodamom
I can breath again, I was holding my breath for those last few chapters. The final days with these beloved characters was intense and very satisfying. I rolled through the whole emotional scale on this last ride, happy, sad, nervous, ugly crying, fear, stressed, doubt, anger and joy. I also suffered from insomnia, this book invaded my dreams, waking me several times a night with a flash on energy as my mind mulled over the last few pages. The book ended in a wonderful way fitting for these fabul ...more
Vilma Iris
Jan 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With Feversong, Karen Marie Moning dramatically drops the curtain on the Fever series. Bold and brilliantly layered, deeply emotive and all consuming, the story curves full circle as Mac and Dani try to save the world. Theirs has been a story of transformation, of finding the strength within to become who they’ve chosen to become, to wield the gifts they were given. No doubt fate has dealt them a bad hand, taken each to places dark and ugly. And in this final push, they must reach for the magic ...more
Fresiako
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is me right now:
description

Where the f*ck to start with this book?
description
I'm rating the book 3.5 stars overall.
The books POV was split between MacBook and Dani + some concubine chapters.
I really liked Part 1 when all the shit was going down but Part 2 was such a random change of pace. Like a cheesy hallmark movie basically happened in the second half lmao. Either way the book still came to a kinda good in some ways and kinda disappointing in others conclusion. KMM I can't live through any more recycled Ma
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I'm sad it's over. Then again, I'd thought it over 5 books ago and we got it back.

A lot happened in this book. But there were errors/plot holes. One of the last ones was Mac saying late in the book that she wondered at how only 2 days before Jada had a meltdown. Yet they'd been in the silvers and out, and more time had passed than the 2 days even before they entered the silvers but after the meltdown.

Mac and Barron's have such an interesting relationship. They don't hug and show intimacy like mo
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 - 4.5 ★'s

From the moment I first started reading the Fever series, the only thing I wanted was for Mac and Barrons to be together and to be happy. And that was a struggle...we had to go through so much to get to this...the end of their story arc. There were a lot of crazy things that happened and then even crazier things. It was hard to keep it all sorted. To figure out what in the hell was really going on was just an absolute mind f*ck.

So, whether you love this series or you hate it, the bo
Jay
2 very disappointed stars

SPOILERS AHEAD (Also, it's more of an incoherent rant as opposed to being a mature, well written review. Sorry :p )

Honestly, nothing happened in Feversong. I mean, people were running around but all in all, I can't remember a single thing that happened between 30% and 80%. There were no fight scenes. The villains didn't feel threatening at all. No character development. No loose ends being tied up.

We did get a lot of inspirational inner musing from practically everyone

I've waited a long while to immerse myself back into Karen Marie Moning's Fever world. I was so excited, so much so that I began to fear I would be disappointed and it would be my own fault. No fear needed though, it was perfection! I remember feeling that the "song" and black hole elements were getting a bit redundant as the story progressed but there were so many other new and critically engaging elements that would follow so it didn't negatively impact my enjoyment AT ALL. This series finale
♥Rachel♥
I was mostly happy with the way things turned out. Wish the last three books were Dani books as KMM had originally planned. That way Ryodan and Dani's story would've been more fleshed out instead of flip flopping between Mac, The Book, and Dani/Jada. Instead we got endless "Book" POV: "WE ARE DESIRE, LUST, GREED, AND THE PATH WE CHOOSE TO SUPREMACY." Who the heck cares? I certainly didn't. Gotta say I skimmed or put my audio on 2xs the normal speed just to get through.

Loved the last Ryodan POV,
Liz* Fashionably Late
Feversong is good enough.

That means it was heading to be a complete disaster but somehow it redeemed itself. That doesn’t mean it’s perfect. It's not even great. But I absolutely adore this series and because of Mac and Barrons-and even Dani-I'm saying it's good enough.

KMM made the right moves and I'm a sucker for HEAs.

“Strong enough that I was no longer afraid to be gentle. Powerful enough that I could be vulnerable. Scarred enough that I could understand and tread lightly around the deepest s
Cristina•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
... so sad, because this is the last book with Jericho & Mac. But happy, with their 'in love' finale :D

“My philosophy is pretty simple—any day I’m not killing somebody is a good day in my book.
I haven’t had many good days lately.”
- MacKayla Lane

* * *
“Nothing is Hell. Nothing is where MacKayla is now.
It’s in breaking things that you understand them.
It’s in understanding them that you control them.
The Unseelie tremble before me.
As will the world.”
- Sinsar Dubh

* * *
“It made me want to ensure th
Mizuki
May 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Preview: I would be so happy if this book is about (view spoiler)

Actual review starts here:

Of course, KMM wouldn't give me what I want. I knew she wouldn't, yet I still failed to predict how dissatisfying this supposed last book of the series can get:

That's how I felt in the end:

*******major plot spoilers alert******

(1) The MacBook is a boring character: I wished to see MacBook doing
Goodreads Librari...: add narrators to audiobook 3 10 May 04, 2018 08:30PM
Spells, Space & S...: Feversong ( Fever #9) 5 121 Feb 24, 2018 01:19AM
Wait, so were Mac and Barrons... *spoiler question* 22 888 Jan 18, 2018 12:33AM
Moning Maniacs: Question about the ending ***SPOILERS*** 8 311 Jun 05, 2017 05:11PM
Last chapter questions *spoilers* 5 226 Apr 20, 2017 02:32PM
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels, #10)
  • Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)
  • Blade Bound (Chicagoland Vampires, #13)
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • Veiled
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #17; The Dacians, #2)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4)
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
  • Night and Silence (October Daye #12)
  • Spectacle (Menagerie, #2)
“The only other calling I ever felt was an irrepressible desire to be Captain of my own Starship. I was born in the wrong century and it wasn’t possible, so I chose to explore the universe by writing fiction instead. Books are doors to endless adventure.” -KMM

Karen Marie Moning is the #1 NYT bestselling author of the Fever Series and Highlander novels.

An alum of the Immaculate Conception Academy,
More about Karen Marie Moning

Fever (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  • Faefever (Fever, #3)
  • Dreamfever (Fever, #4)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Iced (Fever, #6)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • High Voltage (Fever, #10)
  • Untitled (Fever, #11)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Marked (Servants of Fate, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
  • Circe
    $13.99 $4.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
  • Rama II (Rama, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rama Revealed (Rama, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Red Wyvern (The Dragon Mage, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
  • Brazen (Gilded #3)
  • Everyone Knows You Go Home
    $5.99 $1.99
  • (R)evolution (Phoenix Horizon #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2)
  • How to Train Your Dragon
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
“I'll never be her first.
But one day I'll be her last.”
35 likes
Sun, moon, and stars, I told him. He inclined his head. Of all the years, this one with you has been my finest. Fire to my ice, Mac. Frost to my flame, Jericho. Forever, we said, and it was a vow far more powerful and binding than any ring or piece of paper.” 33 likes