Start by marking “Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade” as Want to Read:
Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade

Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade

Pemaknaan kembali kembali kopi, Buddha, Herman, surat tak tarkirimkan, cinta sejenis yang manis atau apa pun, membuktikan Dee tetap memesona. Kalau kemarin panitia Nobel sastra masih maju mundur dengan nama Pramoedya, sekarang bisa memaknai kembali, melalui karya-karya ini.

Ruang cerpen yang sempit dijadikannya wahana yang intens namun tidak sesak untuk mengungkapkan apa ya
Published 2007 by Truedee Books & Gagas Media (first published 2006)

Start your review of Filosofi Kopi: Kumpulan Cerita dan Prosa Satu Dekade
Tien
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Note: I’m writing this review in English because it’s the language I can comfortably express myself in however this book, unfortunately, is not available in English

This is a collection of short stories and prose. Her stories are full of life with a main focus on love. All kinds of love with all kinds of people who made their own life decisions, good or bad. There were many heartbreaking stories but there one particularly sweet one which I enjoyed. The one I really loved though is most interestin
Sorayya
Sep 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all of you.
Shelves: myfavourite
To me this book is like a bible. I read it religiously, almost everyday. Especially at night when i can't sleep easily. Not that this book makes me sleepy, but it makes me sleep with a smile :)

The books consists of some short stories, with different themes. I like Dee's writing. She picks some ordinary words, and put them all together in an extraordinary sentence. I can read one sentence over and over, just to get into its deepest meaning.

Some stories are very related to my current life. About l
Afy Zia
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
[More like 3.5 stars tbh]

Saya suka banget sama cerita terakhir dalam buku ini, which is 'Rico de Coro'! That story was so hilarious and a lil bit disgusting but also giving us a new perspective from a cockroach's point of view lol. Overall, this book was good!
dina
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dee never disappoints. (Another book I've read but forgot to update)
Missy J
Dee Lestari is part of the Indonesian literature sub genre referred to as sastra wangi ("fragrant literature"). It's a label given at the turn of the 21st century to young and urban Indonesian women, who wrote openly about gender, sexuality, politics and religion. Ayu Utami's novel "Saman" is considered a quintessential example of sastra wangi. I am not sure if Laksmi Pamuntjak is part of this group, but I would believe it. So besides these two, I have always heard of Dee Lestari. "Filosofi Kopi ...more
Ernest Junius
Dec 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: lonely hearts
Recommended to Ernest by: Amang
Reading from its title "Filosofi Kopi" ("The philosophy of Coffee") one might think that the book is filled with collections of exciting, epic stories that offer a fresh perspective about the popular roasted, brown seeds we know as coffee.

However to my dissapointment, the book is not all really about coffee. There is only one story that's associated with the book's title. The rest are merely love stories (and by saying this I don't mean to dislike the book).

The book in overall doesn't allure it
Rangga Fadhillah
Oct 06, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: para penggemar kopi
especially "filosofi kopi" story, it is really inspiring to show you how there would be nothing's perfect. above the sky there's still another sky, above the most clever person, there's still cleverer person.

no body has right to be so arrogant and claim their selves as "the perfect" one!!!

coz God created you imperfect to meet another people that can make you feel perfect and help that person to feel perfect by your presence beside them...

that's why you need "love"
Emanuel
Sweet as Love...
~x~
Sheany
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've always had a strange fascination for short stories, and the wonderment that comes with these little chapters in particular only furthered that fascination – I find myself so inspired with the incredible power that comes with only a few short pages.

I don't know where it first began, really, this strange... yearning, almost, to write as many words as possible. I guess it stemmed from those school exercises that emphasized more on the number of words rather than the actual value of your writt
Gustav
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As I huge fans of unhappy ending, I favorite it. Some of short stories are bitter and melancholic. I love Lara Lana, Sikat Gigi and Sepotong Kue Kuning. So hopeless romantic how every character in the story above is stuck in an affair or forbidden love or love someone secretly. Just like Lana, Tio and Indi..
Dian
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: have-it
I only love one part "Spasi" (1998). Didn't really attached with the rest and didn't find it relevant, tbh.
Annissa Winda
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice book to read in one sitting, amusing much! Especially the last story.
Frasio Damario
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cool awesome
Fitta Sari
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
My first Dee Lestari novel.
Should I say my first indonesian novel in 5 years.

Her writting is great.
I've been waiting for reading her book. Meet my expectation
Kama
My first book of Dee... and I'm quite disappointed. I've seen adaptations of her books and had much more fun than from this.

The book is imho too cerebral. A little of action, too much thinking/thoughts of characters/making up things what somebody else might be doing. The action gets watery between the long descriptions and a bit of dialogues. I'm not a fan of long descriptions/thinking.

The book contains 18 stories, without any order. At least not chronological. Maybe it was explained in introdu
Nisa
Nov 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is the second book by Dee that I've read, the first being Rectoverso. And unlike Rectoverso, which amuses me but doesn't tug any of my skeptical heartstrings, this book actually.. touches me.

It touches me in a way that was so familiar. It describes feelings so mundane in ways I've never thought of before. And some of the paragraphs are just so intense, I had to put the little brown book on my lap and close my eyes for a moment before continuing reading. And it hits oh-so-close to the bone.
Annisa
Nov 19, 2009 rated it really liked it

Rizky Akita
Sep 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Aside from the fact i'm one of Dee's fans, reason why i picked up this book and finished it in matter of couple of hours is its title. Coffee has been my personal dopping and nothing can replace it if i have to survive night to work on my assignment.

I always fall in love with Dee's works on giving little details that made the characters alive. Some writers fail to bring the character alive, but Dee always manages to do so. And what is amazing about Dee is that she always chooses topics we can r
Fandy
Jul 04, 2007 rated it really liked it
I happened to read the first version of Rico deCoro and Filosofi Kopi years ago from a cute small book with pink cover entittled TRILOGI CINTA, made by Dee herself. A good friend somehow has it from his uncle and bippity boppity boop, there it was.

It actually is the second reason, after the 1st Supernova, why I'm now in the position of loving Dee's works so much. Love her selection of words, the way she wrapped it, and of course the vision to always set the story in a positive way. At least for
Gita
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
I noted the story of Rico de Coro is my favorite story. Dee through her story could bring me in to imagination world of cockroach kingdom! and how he was falling in love could straighten my eyebrow from confuse to a curve a smile from my lips. The way she write, not very easy to digest sometimes especially for free proses. She is not always make the ending of story such an satisfaction when we turn the page but sometimes, she makes us questioning back the story which we have assumed while we are ...more
Femmy
Nov 13, 2007 rated it really liked it
-in progress-

* Filosofi Kopi ****
I've always loved a story with characters who are passionate about something, whether it is coffee, or music, or books, and they can articulate their love in such a way that I find myself wishing that I can love and enjoy their object of affection as much as they do. This is such a story. Wonderfully crafted.

* Mencari Herman **
Cerita ini kayak azab dan sengsara, tokohnya selalu dirundung malang. Yang membuatku tersenyum simpul adalah karena suamiku bernama Herman
Nur Khamdah
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just like coffee, this books bring bitter n sweet stories of life. The author shows her quality on her writing, 18 stories written in philosophical way. The stories are light n enlightening. A very good friend for a cup of coffee.

My fav r:
1. Filosofi Kopi, here I learn that in working, we must put love in it so we do our best n others love our work. I also learn that often the best thing in life can be found in nature, from people who r never intended to gain wealth n fame.
Someday I might go t
Purnama
Jul 12, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-have-read
As expected from Dee, this book is superb. Consisted of several short stories, with coffee as the tying knot, each is interesting to read. I found myself reluctant to pause reading this book. Well, except for the last story.. with a cockroach as the first person who tells the story. Ewww.. I hate that animal to death, so I had to rush and then took the book far away when I don't have to see it again.

Not as hard as Supernova, but excellent for a read while you sip your coffee.
Uli loren
Sep 20, 2007 rated it it was ok
it is so natural that human never satisfied to what they have got...but as maslow said...the last level that human have to reach is about self tendences...that they have to face the fact...and in this book, he has faced the fact that he failed to be the best in makin a perfect coffee...and failed by a humble coffee farmer that doen't even know how to change the check into a fresh money...hahha bodor juga
setia
Sep 27, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indonesian-books
Really love this book,some stories like "filosofi kopi","mencari herman","lara lana","spasi" and "rico de coro" are touching my heart with the words,the stories so inspiring,u must read this book...my favourite lines...:
1. "kalau kau mau satu,ambillah satu jangan dua, karena satu menggenapi, dua melenyapkan"
2. "peganglah tanganku, tapi jangan terlalu erat, karena aku mau seiring, bukan digiring"
Metta
Jan 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
i really like this book,it inspired me..Dee can tell simple and little things so briefly and beautifully, it makes u appreciate your life more and aware of the tragedies which happen around you..i like the story of the cockroach prince,it really tells me what is the real meaning of sacrification..even if you are tiny and helpless,you can still be a hero for the one you love if you have the power of love.
Eni
Jan 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Juz about the Coffee..
But can inspiring everyone..
ONLY "Kopi Tiwus" not Ice Carammel Macchiato, capucinno, expresso or other..Only a cup of "KOPI TIWUS from NDESO"..
but u will find a lot of things, just because he already have sincerity and always want to share and help with never thinking to take or give..
Amy
Feb 01, 2009 rated it it was ok
Hmm honestly I don't really like reading short stories, but my friend lent it to me and I think if it's Dee, maybe I would like it. And well..generally i don't really like it. Some stories are good, but still maybe don't touch me enough. That's why I don't like short stories. They are too short to describe things and ended too fast. However I'm waiting for the fourth bpok of Supernova! :)
Melita
Mar 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
My introduction to Dewi Lestari's writings. Have been hooked ever since. =) I found the story in the books really deep and enlightening. These stories explore the everyday life stuff - a coffee shop story, cockroaches at home, - and look at it in a totally different way. Love, love the spins and twists in the stories.
Ranty Yustina Dewi
Jun 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dee's fans
Recommended to Ranty Yustina Dewi by: Dwiandhika Citrabudi Dharmapermana
Shelves: a-girl-gotta-eat
This is a good entertainment for those coffee lovers. Otherwise I read a glass vase fill with water. I see the cover, see what's inside and see what's behind or ouside the vase, all in one time, one second. verything is written since the cover page. One easy reading-in one breath taken-on a cozy evening.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Ayah
  • Nanti Kita Cerita Tentang Hari Ini
  • Hujan
  • Ranah 3 Warna
  • Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990 (Dilan, #1)
  • Critical Eleven
  • Bumi Manusia
  • Cinta di Dalam Gelas
  • Maryamah Karpov: Mimpi-mimpi Lintang
  • Saman
Dee Lestari, is one of the bestselling and critically acclaimed writers in Indonesia.
Born in January 20, 1976, she began her debut with a serial novel: Supernova in 2001. Supernova’s first episode, Kesatria, Putri, dan Bintang Jatuh (The Knight, The Princess, and The Falling Star), was sold phenomenally, achieving a cult status among Indonesian young readers. She has published four other episodes: