Start by marking “Cupcakes, Cookies Pie, Oh, My!” as Want to Read:
Cupcakes, Cookies  Pie, Oh, My!

Cupcakes, Cookies Pie, Oh, My!

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  472 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Two million copies later, the New York Times best-selling authors of Hello, Cupcake! and What’s New, Cupcake? are back, applying their oversized imaginations not just to cupcakes but to cookies, pies, cakes, and other treats.

Hello, Cupcake! inspired millions to become cupcake artists and launched an international sensation. Now the talented pair who started it all returns,
Published January 31st 2012 by Rux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cupcakes, Cookies Pie, Oh, My!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cupcakes, Cookies Pie, Oh, My!

Melody
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Once again, I was seduced by an adorable cover. I should remember to look inside recipe books while I'm still at the library. I don't care how adorable a cake looks, if it is from a recipe whose ingredients include boxed cake mix and a can of supermarket frosting, I'm not feeding it to my friends.
Yodamom
Apr 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Omg, adorable little cupcakes galore ! I thought these would be so hard till I looked at the directions, they are easy ! If you want to out cute that other home baker, this is your book.
Mattison Aalihay Faith Johnson
Mehckexmeux hekce CH nmnmc.!mndnhkdplencndenmbbnc
Abigail

All of the stuff in this book looks so delicious, minus the dessert for breakfast part, oh and(view spoiler) it was just

Get ready this might take a while.........

yummyyummyyummyyummyyummyyummyyummyyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyummyyummyummyummyummyum

Lucia
Jun 09, 2014 added it
I COUDNT READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...more
Dan
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed the earlier books these authors have written and must say that they are very creative when it comes to cupcakes. Who know you could do so much with a cake and candy?

Reading the book is easy so I decided to try one of the recipes – the brownie dartboard. I am neither a baker, nor a decorator so this was a challenge. They state that the recipes are simple in this book, but when I attempted to make the darts, I had some problems. Although, they show enough in the photographs, I had t
Feb 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is great - really good for getting creative ideas flowing. I rated this book higher than the others in the series because they incorporate other kinds of baked goods in this book - brownies, mini-pies, etc. Also, there are a large number of no-bake recipes here, which is great if you just want to practice your decorating. And even if you're not going to make cookies that look like make-up containers, there are lots of good ideas here - for example, widening the notch in cookies so they ...more
Madelyn Rose
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is super cute! It teaches you how to make many adorable cupcakes, cookies and pies. Some of them just too cute to eat!

What I like about this book is that everything seems doable. The baking ideas have decorations that an average person with little or no decorating experience could pull off.

Another good thing about this book is that even if you don't want to actually read or bake the recipes/make the decorations found in the book, the pictures are still cool to look at.

One of my person
Eddie
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: class-6
Yup you guessed it. I gave this book 5 stars. I had to because I actually baked some cupcakes from a recipe I found in this book. What I life first off is that it lists out the ingredients and methods very clearly and easily. As a first time baker I have no idea what all of the terminology is and it lists the vocabulary and defines it easily and clearly. It has a very different take on the different kinds of cupcakes. Maybe because I have never been into a cupcake shop before but after reading t ...more
Kendra
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cake-decorating
The authors had some great new ideas for pound cake, brownies and cookies that hang off the side of cups. I loved the cupcake high heels. The recipes are very accessible for people who don't want the hassle of baking from scratch. The directions are also great for people who have not done much cake decorating experience. For people who are a little more practices at cake decorating it gives some great ideas for what you can turn a cupcake or cookie. I personally just use my favorite chocolate an ...more
Heidi
Apr 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
YUCK--that was my impression while reading this book. I am really disappointed because I'm a big fan of the authors' other two books about cupcakes (Hello, Cupcake and What's New Cupcake). This one just took the silly food thing way too far, to the point where most of the items they made looked completely unappetizing to me. I think they just tried way too hard. Glad this was a library book and not something I spent money on!
Emily
Feb 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
I've looked at the authors' other two books, and this one is no different. Lots of "Oh my goodness!" pictures and amazing ideas. But nothing that I would ever actually go to the effort of making. Lots, lots, lots of fun to look at. I'm not generally a shoe person, but I think the shoes, made out of cupcakes, graham crackers, and a wafer cookie, are my favorite in this book, but there are so many ideas to choose from, I could have a different favorite after the next flip-through.
Molly
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Meh. I guess I can't win- I thought that the cupcake books were super cute and innovative, but I don't like cupcakes. As much as I love cookies, cake and pie, I didn't really like any of the recipes in here. Some were cute- whenever they do convincing imitations of meals (cheesecake nachos, for example), I like those. I don't know- they felt too big, maybe?
Bunny
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I get cookbooks from the library. I flip through, find recipes I like and want to try, type them up, return the book. Rarely do I ever feel the need to own the book itself.

I need this book.

And I need to make the Nacho Normal Cheesecake. Like, I can't just leave it be. I must do this.
Sherri
Jan 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
Great photos! I would say these are doable for the kitchen cook who has some skills and if you read through the directions and understand what you're doing before you dig in. Some look putzy but how cute for theme parties :)
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love these books - cake decorating even I can do. I never like the sweets that look like savories so I just skipped over those areas and found so many other great ideas. I'm making the frog cupcakes this weekend. Very recommended!
Alexandra
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
With the invention of Pinterest I think these books have gone the way of the dinosaurs. While it has a few super cute, cool, fun ideas. There are more I would never be interested in. The days of buying a whole book for three of the recipes you want... Well those days were years and years ago now.
Elle
Oct 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Very experienced ideas! I tried to make big mouth frogs and they turned out like very ugly snakes. If you are extremely experienced this is a perfect book for you. If you are not experienced and looking for fun, FIND ANOTHER BOOK!!!!
Amy "the book-bat"
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Another sequel to Hello, Cupcake... this book goes beyond just cupcakes to include cheesecakes and cookies as well. They are really cute and the instructions make it seem like they would be fairly easy to do. I love the one that looks like shrimp cocktail.
AdultNonFiction Teton County Library
TCL Call# 641.8653 Tack K

Madeleine - 3 stars
Such pretty designs. For a very, very, very special occaion (or if I suffered from insomnia) I might try one out but cupcakes alone seem like enough work and a lot of these additions don't seem too tasty and isn't that the point of a cupcake?
Jackie
Cupcakes, Cookies & Pie, Oh, My! is full of some very imaginative and creative baking ideas. The photographs are richly detailed and exquisitely produced. A very fun cookbook, for both young and old alike.
Kate Hastings
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food_cooking
Grades 3-6. Beautiful illustrations entice ambitious chefs to create charming confections. As an adult, I know they don't actually turn out as wonderful as the pictures, but it definitely makes kids want to give it a try.
Janene
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
Checked this one out from the library, looking for inspiration. And that's exactly what I got. Such fun and creative ideas, with pictures of the ingredients (who knew a cat tongue could be shaped from Laughy Taffy?!?) to help you along. I believe I will purchase this one.
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Favorites:
-- Octopus Garden (p. 151)
-- Monet's Water Lilies (p.165)
-- Ticky Tacky Houses (p. 203)

Also, the china teacups on p.211 are beautiful! (=
Linda
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Really cute decorating ideas but I can't imagine myself actually doing them.
Margie
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Karen Tack and Alan her partner. Surprisingly this has many more great creative ideas for your baked goods. They did it again!
704 paula
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: recent, quick-read
very good techniques
Samantha
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
There are several extremely cute and pretty unique recipes that I would love to make some time within this book!
Terri
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Love the high hell cupcakes!!!, and there are lots of other innovative, creative cupcakes in this book.
Rebecca Hayes
Feb 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Some of the designs were silly but the techniques were excellent. :^)
Online 1 2 Feb 12, 2012 03:51PM
  • Cookie Craft: From Baking to Luster Dust, Designs and Techniques for Creative Cookie Occasions
  • The Confetti Cakes Cookbook: Spectacular Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery
  • Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook
  • 500 Cupcakes: The Only Cupcake Compendium You'll Ever Need (500 Series Cookbooks)
  • Crazy About Cupcakes
  • Cupcakes!
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating
  • 50 Easy Party Cakes
  • Bon Appetit Desserts: The Cookbook for All Things Sweet and Wonderful
  • Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes
  • All Cakes Considered: A Year's Worth of Weekly Recipes Tested, Tasted, and Approved by the Staff of NPR's All Things Considered
  • The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook
  • The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Recipes from the World-Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen
  • Cupcakes from the Primrose Bakery
  • The Complete Cooking For Two Cookbook
  • Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home
  • Ace of Cakes: Inside the World of Charm City Cakes
  • The Gourmet Cookie Book: The Single Best Recipe from Each Year 1941-2009
Karen Tack is the coauthor of the New York Times best-selling Hello, Cupcake! She is a cooking teacher and a food stylist and has created cupcakes and other desserts for the covers of many of America's top magazines, including Bon Appétit, Gourmet, Cook's, Good Housekeeping, Family Circle, Every Day with Rachael Ray, Woman's Day, Martha Stewart Living, Parents, Real Simple, Family Fun, and All You ...more
More about Karen Tack...