Start by marking “Dead Men Talking” as Want to Read:
Dead Men Talking

Dead Men Talking

3.16  ·  Rating details ·  121 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Having delved into the heads of many of the world's most notorious murderers and published his gripping findings in the bestselling Talking with Serial Killers, for his latest book, renowned crime expert Christopher Berry-Dee has gained the trust of more monsters across the world and entered their prison lairs to discuss in detail their horrific crimes. Looking at the uniq ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by John Blake Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Men Talking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Men Talking

Emma Thackray
Jan 13, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful. Self indulgent writer. Wouldn't bother!
Ninja
Feb 04, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The writing is confusing at times.
Sam Arnold
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started this book I was concerned at the authors clear bias towards those he interviewed. As the book went on I got used to his voice and greatly enjoyed the chapters. It is clear he is an author who is clear about his opinion on these criminals both negative and positive. The authors voice may not be for everyone but I greatly enjoyed the read and will be seeking more out from this author.
Denise MacDonald
Dec 29, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
To me, this book seemed to be trying to sensationalize and hype up little known criminals. There was not a lot to the whole "in their own words" bit. It was more of the authors interpretation of pieces of letters written to him by the criminals, that may or may not have been taken out of context because the majority of the letters are not published in the book. It was difficult to finish because it was not interesting and I felt like I was forcing myself to finish it.
Jennifer Bowers
Feb 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I can't finish it the style it's written in is hard to tell who's talking and about what. The first chapter I had to look up the guy he was talking about and I hate not finishing a book but I couldn't force myself to read it. Great book idea but the wording made it boring.
Deb
Apr 24, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Awful!!! This subject area is one of my favorites, but this book was so bad that I couldn't even finish. I probably only read 70 pages
Judi Burgess
Sep 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very badly written. I had to force myself to read past the halfway point only to find it did not get better. Author has high opinion of himself, but not sure why.
Ashley Granger
Not a fan of the writing style at all.
Charity Loranzan
Jan 14, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Avid true crime and enjoy going behind the minds of serial killers. This book was horrible! Could not even finish reading!
Vis
Sep 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought perhaps this book would provide insight into why these specific serial killers - plus one female who killed only one person and is included in the book for no clear reason - did what they did and how their minds differ from the rest of society. Instead this book proved to be a regurgitation of detail regarding the crimes committed, sometimes in the words of the killers but mostly related by the author. It was poorly edited, as the author was allowed to continually bring himself into th ...more
Menoedh
May 25, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As someone who felt like she knows enough about sociopaths, both from my psychology major education and my special interest in the fiction world about them, this book does give me more insight of what and who the sociopaths are. All these times, sociopaths has been romanticize by the media. Makes people get interested with them but not in an appropriate way. They ARE fascinating human beings, but not one you would actually like to know personally. Admit it, of all those stories in TV, books or m ...more
Aubrey
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting read! As a true crime lover, I enjoyed reading the correspondence between author and killer. It was a refreshing difference to read correspondence letters as opposed to strict court-room transcript. Great, enjoyable read for any true crime fan out there!
Christian.ippolito
I NEVER READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I WANT TO!!!! MOMMY THATS NOT FAIR. WA WA WA IM CRYING DO YOU SEE THE TEARS!!
Alex Laycock
Dec 02, 2012
Amy
Aug 13, 2012
Louise Andre
I thought the author focused to much on the physical appearance of females in this book, which I thought was totally unnecessary.
Bob Greathouse