Start by marking “Destiny's Revenge (Destiny, #2)” as Want to Read:
Destiny's Revenge (Destiny, #2)

Destiny's Revenge (Destiny #2)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  568 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
There was no reason for Lauren to be in a coma. Her physical injuries had healed, but she had been non-responsive for so long that her doctors told her family and Max to move on. She awoke to find her life in a shambles; the man she loved was gone, her friends had moved on with their lives, and her family was ripped apart by her accident. No one knew of the evil forces wat ...more
Published August 2nd 2011

To ask other readers questions about Destiny's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny's Revenge

Nikki  Peterson
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance Fans
Picking up where we left off, Lauren has woken up from the coma she was in for two years following her "bear attack". She is going through physical therapy and Max is in Afghanistan serving as a corpsman. Lauren has inherited the power of "sight" from her fight with the beast. She is able to leave her body and travel to where she wants to. She checks on Max in the desert saving a fellow soldier and waiting for rescue.

While recuperating from the coma she makes friends Joe, with an elderly gentlem
Tess
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: utopya-con-2013
I had to read Destiny's Revenge right after I finished Meeting Destiny! I mean how could you have not with that cliff hanger! It killed me and then I read the first few chapters of Destiny's Revenge and it broke my heart! I was hoping for the cliff-hanger ending to be some type of fluke but it wasn't :( That's all I'm going to say about that because you people out there that haven't read Meeting Destiny don't want the ending to be spoiled because it is a biggy.
As you probably know every review
Wanda
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Wanda by: Goodreads Making Connections
Another awesome installment in the Destiny series! Just as with the first, I couldn't put it down. I was so anxious to see how things worked out for Lauren and Max.

Loved the sarcasm and the action that I fould throughout. I also loved a twist on the "two sides to everything".

Can't wait to read the final book in the series. I have to know what happens. I have to read the resolution of the issues. I can't note the other things I need to know without spoilers.

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Destiny's Revenge is the second book in Nancy Straight's Destiny series. I read book one as a R2R and liked it enough to carry on to book two and Im so glad I did.

I LOVED this book. A lot of my questions from book one were answered but more questions were raised leaving a terrific opening for Straight's third book. I really felt like the author grew as a writer from book one to this book. She really brought her A game!!! I was wholly impressed with her writing style as well as the character deve
The BookChick
Meeting Destiny was an interesting tale of a young woman coming of age and recognizing her gift of clarivoyance.

Destiny's Revenge picks up the saga after Lauren's awakening from a two year coma. She wakes to a very different reality where family and friendshave seemingly moved on without her. Seth is with Amanda and Max has enlisted as a Corpsman in the Navy. She also discovers that she has awakened with a gift from her captor, the Beast. She now has the gift of sight which could be used to des
Jennifer Nunez
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The ending to Meeting Destiny shook me up so badly, that I had to run and get the sequel before I burst. Learning that Max couldn't handle the pain and anguish and left Lauren there in a coma was excrutiating. But Lauren is strong and brave and independent and used her pain to carry her through her recovery.
It's a rare find for a sequel to outdo it's predecessor. But Nancy Straight has done just that in Destiny's Revenge. This novel is nothing short of riveting. The action, suspense, mystery,
Heather Busby
Apr 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Alyssa Ivy
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Destiny's Revenge has everything you want in the second book of a series, and I enjoyed it even more than the first. Suspenseful and full of romance, it's a fantastic read!
Keren Hughes
Jan 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Firstly, my thoughts on the cover. I think this model is so beautiful. Even better when you look at the paperback. She is simply stunning. I am a self-confessed cover-magpie, as regular visitors to my blog know by now. For me, there is something to be said about a remarkable cover as opposed to a cover that fades into the background. The cover for DESTINY'S REVENGE is one that stays with me. The colour is bold and striking. I could not have wished for better. The whole trilogy actually have some
Amanda The Book Slayer
Loved it!!! Excellent middle book to this series. It kept throwing me for loops. My head is still spinning.

Recommend : To all those who loved the first book! If you have not read the first book then what are you waiting for?

Warning: If you haven't read the first book(Meeting Destiny)then you will be reading some spoiler's that I have not hidden.

The theme of this book can be summed up by a song - Heartbeat by The Fray. *If you have read this book you will see many similarities in this song wit
Julie(Reading By The Beach)
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A new tone is set in Destiny's Revenge, the second book of the Destiny trilogy. There is an underlying feel of foreboding that radiates from the pages as the story progresses. I did not anticipate the turn that Destiny's Revenge took, I was completely blown away!

Now the hard part is going to be highlighting the story in a way that gives nothing away. Here it goes! Differences, Lauren and Max have both changed, they have both matured, but that is not the only difference. Their destiny was altered
Emily
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Review originally posted at Doodle's Book Blog

I fell in love with Lauren and Max in Meeting Destiny. Now, I'm more in love with them. Nancy Straight wrote an amazing second book to her Destiny Trilogy that left me wanting more.

Two years have passed. Lauren is just waking up from a coma. Max isn't around and Lauren is heartbroken. Her home is now a retirement center and it's there where she meets an old man who will forever change her Destiny.

Upon waking from a coma, Lauren learns that Max left h
Charlayne
Feb 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Age 15+ who love Paranormal
Recommended to Charlayne by: self-reading after Meeting Destiny
Nancy Strange has done it again. Destiny's Revenge is a fantastic book, longer, stronger, and full of the twists and turns I've come to expect from her stories.

This book picked up where Meeting Destiny, the first of the series, stopped. Lauren Davis is recovering from the attack while she was camping with her boyfriend, Max. When she wakes up from the coma, it's two years later and Max is in Afghanistan as a corpsman, having given up on her coming out of the coma.

I won't give the rest of the sto
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
If you have not read Meeting Destiny...then A.) there might be spoilers and B.) why the flip not?

Lauren wakes up and realizes years have passed and the man she loves has left her, believing she will never wake from her coma. Each day after she is fighting to walk again and busy making friends with one of the residents recovering from hip surgery. Yeah life is good for Lauren...she young and living in a nursing home. *Insert sarcastic sigh here*

Soon Lauren realizes that she gained a new talent w
Sandy
Nov 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nook
Great read. Just when you think that things will calm down, something else gets thrown into the mix and you are in for another joy ride. Lauren's life will never be the same and she has come to accept it but the cast of characters in this second book just goes to show how twisted Lauren's life has become. Max thinks he can be the prince in shinning armor and rescue Lauren and be her everything but in the real world it doesn't quite work out to be that way. In fact, I don't think Lauren would lik ...more
CαthεεBooks
Come by my blog, Forever Lost in Books, for MORE reviews, giveaways, interviews and memes!

Title : Destiny's Revenge
Series : Destiny
Pages : 278
Author : Nancy Straight
Publisher : Self-Published
Format : Paperback
Source : Book to review from the author

My Opinion:

Destiny's Revenge arrived in the mail about two weeks after I had read Meeting Destiny, the first book in the (GREAT) trilogy. I couldn't wait to received my own (AWESOME) copy of the two next books! As soon as the two arrived, I began readi
Cassie
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
There are only so many words that can describe a book that is so amazing you cannot get it out of your head...so I am just going to be simple and say this book rocked, even more so than the first. The characters are amazing, the idea of the story is incredible, and I can’t get enough of it. Nancy Straight has come up with an authentic twist to the paranormal concept and I commend her for it. I loved that in this book we were able to get Max's perspective on what was going on in his head. Lauren ...more
Susan
Nov 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Awaking from a coma is bad enough... but having been IN that coma for 2+ years? Not so good. Her love has abandanoned her (or so it seems?), family has moved on, fearing the worst but never totally leaving her side. What's a girl to do?

The continuing journey of Lauren, Max and their friends... or ARE they friends? Adding to the controversy and intrigue, Lauren and Max must can now only trust themselves. (view spoiler)
Charles
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? This is a wonderful addition to the Destiny Series. Nancy Straight does it again. The characters draw you in from the beginning and keep you engrossed in their tale until the final page (at which point you are wishing for more). One cannot help feel for Lauren and Max and their struggle to lead normal, happy lives. As their adventure continues from the pages of Meeting Destiny, the reader is once again cheering their love on as they struggle against new enemies and evil. I cannot ...more
Noetical
I definitely like the second book more than the first as the characters develop and grow. As the story evolves, so does the theme as the author adds new and intriguing complexities to the struggle between good and evil. As such, she requires us to reevaluate which characters are good and which are evil...in fact, we begin to realize that the question of who and what is evil may not even be the most important...or one with an answer.
Kris
Dec 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
this was a great read from the beginning to the end. I never got bored or wondered when we would get back to 'the good stuff' because it was very exciting throughout. I liked that even when things were good, there was a sense of something coming around the corner that kept me from putting the book down. Really enjoyed both in this series and can't wait for book 3 to be released!
marie
Jan 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Seriously I read both your books yesterday. These were so good. I was totally floored by the outcome of their camping trip. That just stunk! But their reunion so sweet it made my heart just burst. I'm glad I don't have to wait an extreme amount of time for the last book. Two more weeks is still gonna kill me !
Melissa
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful follow-up to Meeting Destiny, this book takes the reader on an emotional roller coaster as you follow more of Max and Lauren's search for a "normal" life. I was roped in from the beginning and just could not put this book down. This is a must read for every YA lover. Now, hurry up January 2012 so I can read some more in the Destiny series.
D.
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Let me tell you, every time I turned around this book was taking a different turn. This series is really great. I have no idea who is bad or who is good now. Excellent writing by Nancy Straight. You have no choice but to drive right in! My head was dizzy. It has definitely got the wow factor!
Samantha Adams
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Can't wait for the next installment!!
Heather Robbins
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, need-review
Review coming
Charlotte Abel
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Destiny’s Revenge is a continuation of Max and Lauren’s story but it’s also much more than that. Ms. Straight delves into deeper themes of good vs evil and the interconnectedness (is that even a word?) of our lives.

For example, Lauren saved a life in the first book, Meeting Destiny, but because of it, someone else dies. Someone that would have made a difference for all mankind.

Fascinating new characters are introduced. And just like in real life, nothing is black and white. Beings I thought of
Nancy
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Destiny’s Revenge is the second book in the Destiny Series Trilogy; it was a thrill ride to write. Lauren finds her strength and resolve tested as the evil all around her tries to encompass her. Her love of Max and their destiny together guides her every decision. Rather than waiting for the evil to find her, she takes the fight to it and nearly loses Max and everyone she loves in the process. This story is at its core a love story, two people willing to do anything for each other – even standin ...more
Diana Stormblessed
Feb 20, 2012 added it
Recommended to Diana Stormblessed by: MC
I'm not giving this one a star rating. I couldn't even get half way. It didn't hold my interest at all. I rated the previous book very highly, but felt that this one was just lacking. Needless to say, I won't be reading the third.
Andrea Heltsley
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
Another great installment! I'm loving the main characters heroism even in the face of adversity. And Max, oh Max! This book is a bit darker than the first one, but still great! Can't wait for the next book! Five glittery stars!
  • The Gryphons' Dream (The Soul-Linked Saga, #5)
  • Dangerous Magic (Sisters of Magic, #3)
  • A Question of Lust (Questions for a Highlander, #3)
  • My Mate's Embrace (Siberian Volkov Pack, #3)
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Madly & the Jackal (Madly, #3)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Journey in Time
  • Unbreakable (Years from Home, #2)
  • A Wolf's Pride (Love Bites, #3)
  • Mortal Defiance (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #2)
  • King of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #3)
  • The Bloodstone Saga: The Complete Collection (The Bloodstone Saga, #1-4)
  • Letters From the Ledge
  • Resurrection (The Guardians of Vesturon, #2)
  • Between the Realms (War of the Fae, #6)
Nancy was born in Sioux City Iowa, left the cold of the Midwest in 1991 and only returns to see family in the summer time. She spent ten years traveling the world as a US Marine and settled in rural SC with her husband and two children.

She has written ten novels (3 x Paranormal Romance, 4 x Mythological Romance and 3 x Suspenseful Romance). Nancy enjoys reading all types of Paranormal and Young Ad
More about Nancy Straight

Destiny (3 books)
  • Meeting Destiny (Destiny, #1)
  • Destiny's Wrath (Destiny, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • The Siren
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Perdido Street Station (New Crobuzon, #1)
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“All souls make choices throughout their lives, some are good and some are evil - their fate with the universe has no bearing on those choices. Their choices permit them to be whole or to remain fragmented” 3 likes