Start by marking “The Seven Whispers: A Spiritual Practice for Times Like These” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Seven Whispers: A ...

Christina Baldwin

The Seven Whispers: A Spiritual Practice for Times Like These

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  93 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
In this eloquent work, self-exploration pioneer Christina Baldwin leads readers of all spiritual persuasions to listen intentionally to the voice within their soul: the voice of spirit. She does this by sharing seven meditative phrases -- the wisdom gained from listening to her own inner spirit. Each chapter is built around one of these core phrases, and examples include " ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by New World Library (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Seven Whispers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seven Whispers

Cathy
May 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cathy by: PCMC Chaplain
When I began reading this book, I thought I would find inspiration for adjusting and enriching my own spiritual practices...it turns out that I will adopt many of the author's! She does, indeed, share powerful insights!
Becky
I enjoyed this book. Gave me a different way to look at my daily life. Out of all of the sections of this book, I most enjoyed "Love the Folks in Front of You." Being an introvert, I tend to stay private and this really helped me see that I need to embrace others in my world.
Julie Murphy
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this book. I often go back to it and read just one of the whispers and it is often just what I need to feel grounded or reminded of something important in my life. Christina's words are practical and down to earth while also having a meditative quality to them.
Lynn
Mar 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wise words. One that I can pick up again and again and get something worthwhile from it. Keeps me grounded and grateful.
Angie Swartz
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite book from the past year. I know it will long be something I refer to and recommend.
Carol
Mar 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short book, great message, I keep going back to this book when I need a reminder
Pam
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet little book. Full of inspiration
Christie Owens
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great little book to carry around with you for reading when waiting for a friend or sitting in a park or forest. "Every whisper leads to this one, our invitation home [to Nature, both inner and outer]."
Charmin
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
Highlights:
1. Cohabit with spirit. The purpose of any spiritual practice is to keep us engaged and in dialogue with the Divine, whenever we perceive it, and however we have learned to speak and listen.
Daily practice that fosters peace of mind. Let go. Be here. Now what?
2. Make myself available. Peace of mind is invited.
3. Speed tends to cancel out guidance. When we move in speed, we are out of touch with spirit, and when we are out of touch with spirit, the ego steps into control. What do you n
Carol
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasant contemplative reading.
Jenna
Sep 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Near our new apartment, there is an independent book store called the Golden Braid that's linked by a courtyard to a cafe. I found this book one night while Shad and I were browsing. She had some thoughtful insights about how we communicate with the divine. I didn't like all of her ideas, but the majority were inspirational.
Yaaresse
Very nice little book for delivering a sometimes needed thoughtful kick in the psychological pants.
Sandra
Dec 27, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simplistic.
Jayde Gilmore
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very moving book. Ms. Baldwin's poetic writing draws you in and conveys a deep message.
Paige Swaim-presley
Aug 19, 2015
Glenyss
Jul 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
“The purpose of life is not to maintain personal comfort; it's to grow the soul.” 4 likes
“Surprise is the practice of accepting the unexpected interruption, and the practice of leaving enough space in the day for something to happen that isn't on the list. Surrendering to surprise is the practice of balancing structure and openness.” 1 likes