Start by marking “The Wizard Takes a Holiday” as Want to Read:

Read Book* *Different edition

(The Wizard Tales #1)

Re-released on 12/1/12.

Now includes The Wizard Takes a Holiday by Red Tash, Application of the Scientific Method to Family Management by Ash Krafton, Southern Hospitality by Claudia Lefeve, and Lucian's First Trick by Red Tash.
Nook
Published August 15th 2011 by Red Tash Books (first published August 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Wizard Takes a Holiday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wizard Takes a Holiday

Marianne
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a fun story – the `snot nosed toddler` was an adorable twist. How I wished when I was small that I had similar talents. If one opens their mind, it makes you wonder if there are really wizards walking around us along with children with special talents – we just don’t notice them. I love stories that travel into the supernatural world in this manner. Good job!

I also really enjoyed the other stories this ebook has to offer – it contains some really good pieces by several other writers (I wan
Katy
Mar 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: if you like a laugh and a short story
Shelves: ebook
Book Info: Genre: Short, humorous fantasy
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: anyone who likes wizards and enjoys a laugh

Disclosure: I picked this book up for myself when it was on free promotion on Smashwords. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: A much-loved wizard takes a vacation to rural, fantastical Indiana, where he finds getting away from his work is harder than he thinks.

My Thoughts: Oh, so fun! There really is nothing I can tell you about the plot without spoiling it, as it is very short,
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
My review was first posted on Northern Plunder, you can read more of my reviews there too.

The Wizard Takes a Holiday
The shortest and sweetest of the five tales, I squee'd with delight at this one. The Wizard takes a holiday, and relaxes at a drive-in movie (one of these has actually opened up not far from me lately and I really want to go!) but relaxing doesn't go quite as planned thanks to a snotty child and a baby troll. This is probably the shortest of all the stories but it was a great intro
Rachel Eliason
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Red Tash's The Wizard Takes a Holiday is a fast fun read. It tells the story of a wizard who is taking a vacation, going to a drive in movie. A wizard's job is never done, however, as he quickly discovers.
This is a free short story that is a great introduction to Red Tash's quirky but fun writing style. It is engaging and can be easily read in one setting. It would be a good choice for your kindle or smartphone when you want a short read, like on the bus or waiting at the doctor's office, etc.
Julie Jansen
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a quick, fun read about a wizard trying to watch a movie at a drive-in theater. Enjoyed it very much.
Pauline Creeden
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Funny and enjoyable short read with memorable characters.
Joanne
Oct 03, 2012 added it
Shelves: 2012-books-read
The Wizard is at the drive-in, watching families trying to settle in for a night of watching movies, when a little girl walks up to him and offers him a cheese snack.
All of a sudden, in the back area of the drive-in, there is an ogre. Rather large and playing with a tire against a truck. The wizard saves the day and the drive-in. Hooray!
Cute short story, will continue to read Red Tash's works. Enjoyable.
Cheryl
Jul 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cheryl by: Amazon-Free Kindle Book
Cute little short story about a old wizard attending a movie. I enjoyed reading it.

About 70% of this 'book' is advertisement for other products from this author as well as including a plea to review the 'free' book. It was a big turnoff and left me irritated.
Charlotte Stevenson
Apr 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
Not a very good, but did make me laugh :)
Lourie
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute story but only a couple of pages long - the rest of the book is to showcase the authors other works.
Wendy
Gracie_musica
Jul 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Ask Red Tash: The Wizard Tales 1 2 Sep 27, 2012 05:12AM
Author of Dark Fantasy books Troll Or Derby, This Brilliant Darkness, and The Wizard Tales.

The Wizard Tales (6 books)
  • The Wizard Takes a Fitness Class (The Wizard Tales, #2)
  • The Wizard Takes the Cake
  • The Hermit (The Wizard Tales #4)
  • The Wizard Tales Vol I-III
  • The Wizard Takes a Cruise (The Wizard Tales, #5)