Start by marking “Spirit Bear” as Want to Read:
Spirit Bear

Spirit Bear

Animal expert and TV personality Dominic Novak left more than a legacy for conservation and an instinctive love for animals behind when he was killed.

He left a son, Aiden, who craved the instinct with animals that his father had ... and a pupil, Mitchell, whose life changed after hearing Dominic lecture on conservation at college.

Aiden is hiding, scared of people finding t
ebook, 1st Edition, 80 pages
Published February 9th 2013 by Love Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Spirit Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirit Bear

Don Bradshaw
Reviewed on Hearts On Fire... http://heartsonfirereviews.com/

Dominic Novak was a brilliant scientist with a love of animals and a fierce conservationist who left behind a legacy and a huge pair of shoes for his young son to fill when he died at an early age. Aiden wanted nothing more than to be the man his father was and further the Novac heritage. Unfortunately, the media had put Dominic on a pedestal so high that Aiden soon had self-esteem issues. A bastard of a boyfriend in college took adva
Trisha Harrington
Loved, loved, loved this. I loved Aiden and Mitchell. The only thing I can say is I wish it had been longer. I loved both MC's. They were adorable together.
Dee Wy
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, m-m-contemporary
I've probably said this before, but I'm a sucker for a sweet story, and this one made me very happy. There is a low level of angst as Aiden hides who he really is from his new lover, Mitchell. But it's all about caring for the characters and wanting them to find a way to be happy together.

Nice setting in the Canadian wilderness with lots of cuddling under sleeping bag covers! Really liked it.

If you enjoyed The Christmas Throwaway, you'll like this one too!
Eli Easton
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I grabbed this one the day it came out. It did not disappoint. I loved the wild setting of the Canadian bear preserve. The character of Aiden was brilliant, bashful and endearing. The romance developed nicely and the angst points didn't feel at all tacked on. It was a fairly quick read. I prefer my books between 100-200 pages these days and longer works now can feel stuffed with filler. None here. Nice work, R.J.!
Jennie
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Aiden/Anthony and Mitchell are off on a 3 week full immersion bear experience conservation trip.
Aiden is endearing in this clumsiness and lack of social skills. He's pretty hard on himself about his awkward behaviour.
"Just... there was a vulnerability about Aiden that intrigued Mitchell. A combination of clumsiness, shyness, enthusiasm, and the finest ass on either side of the border had Mitchell wondering if there was any chance Aiden was gay, or even a little bit bi."
Aiden and Mitchell grow cl
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Aiden has spent most of his life in the public eye, but after the tragic death of his father he has become a mass of insecurities, now about to step into his father’s shoes, he wants a couple of weeks in anonymity at a bear sanctuary to have a hands on experience. Mitchell was inspired by Dominic Novak to work in the field of animal conservation, he usually teaches, but a last minute spot has opened up at Khut
Arthur
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a nice book, it just has something that keeps me wonder. How much are people entitled to their significant others' secret? Or more specifically, how fast? Mitchel behaves as if Aidan cheated on him, when all he does is hide his real identity for a while (Aidan realizes one day he has to tell it to Mitchel). Yeah, there is an issue of trust, etc., etc. Still, there is a strong reason why people hide certain part of themselves.

This question has been lingered for a while since I started rea
Katy Beth Mckee
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Aiden wants to avoid drama and just be 'normal' so he hides his name while his real personality shines out. Mitchell falls fast and hard. But when trouble comes and things are revealed will Mitchell has to decide what matters most Aiden's real name or who Aiden really is on the inside. It is a great story of the balance of being who you are and protecting yourself from potentially being used.
Joanne
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, a totally different book to anything I've read from RJ for ages. Spirit Bear is Aiden's story, his journey to accepting who he is and what his future could be if he can be brave enough to clasp it. I loved every page.

Full review to come soon from http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index.php
Katharina
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Nice, enjoyable, rather predictable, quick and easy read. Perfect if you are in need of something light in between bouts of heavier stuff. The writing style seemed a bit unrefined at times, but it flowed easily and was appropriate for the general setting. Nothing very memorable, but it's not always the great and memorable that you seek, so three content stars from my side.
Dallison
Nov 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
This author is one of my favorites. I like her style. I enjoyed this short story.
Becky Condit
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Please see Josie's 5-star review on February 19, 2013 at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....
Valerie ~Varuca~
Dec 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2013, m-m
4.5* Loved it! Aiden and Mitchell were worth the wait.
Kat
Aug 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Elle Kay
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I finished Spirit Bear by RJ Scott and Meredith Russell last night. My initial reaction was a pleasant enjoyment of a cute love story. But this morning, having had some time to reflect on the novel, I see that there is far more depth to the storyline than originally thought.

At the heart of the book, it is a story of a deeply-flawed person learning self acceptance. It is a commentary on how relationships can change given different first impressions, and the impact being in the limelight can have
Kendra Patterson
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Anthony Aiden Novak AKA Aiden Samuels is half owner of the company Mitchell works for. Aiden decides to go on a trip to B.C. Canada to help catalogue info on the black bears. The spirit bear is a black bear species that is actually white. Aiden isn't confident in himself and is clumsy and sometimes too talkative to cover this. Mitchell is self-assured and calm. Mitchell is immediately attracted to Aiden but looks at him as a kid that's too young for him. Aiden is immediately attracted to Mitchel ...more
LeeAnn
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aiden and Mitchell's story pulled me in from the beginning. I am all for stories that give me a vivid look into the characters personalities and their experiences in life that led them to where we meet them in the story.
I wanted to hug Aiden from the very beginning. His insecurities about himself thanks to the things that happened in his past, things that were hard to read about, were necessary in order to understand him.
Mitchell was so amazing and patient with all Aiden's quirks. Watching them
Amy Dufera
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
RJ Scott's Spirit Bear is a fun novella.

Aiden grew up in the public eye, and wants to spend 2 weeks without anyone knowing who he is. It's a great story, as I love the hidden identity idea and it's wonderfully executed. And I adore Aiden's awkwardness, as he's so realistic. He suffers from self-esteem issues and has been keeping to himself, and it shows.

The bear trip is fun and enlightening, as the two young men not only discover their mutual attraction, but also become friends. The writing has
Suze
Nov 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Unusually for me with an RJ Scott story, this one is probably a 2.5, so gets the up rating because I generally really like the authors stories!
I just didn’t gel with either MC really - maybe because it is fairly short and we didn’t get the build up as to how they formed their characters before meeting - I would have been v happy to read Aiden’s story leading up to the start of the story and it may have got me more sympathetic to his panic attacks and low self esteem. We do find out why but it is
Dixiecowgirl
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Passion, friendship and the beauty of the bear sanctuary create a beautiful romance. Aiden and Mitchell find a steamy connection, a lifelong passion and a future in the best possible way.

Finding a life you love with someone that loves you is wonderful. Discovering that you are worthy of love and seeing yourself as valuable is a work in progress for Aiden.

Showing a strength of character and with a gentle spirit Mitchell is the perfect man for Aiden. Their connection is intense and their shared
Garth Mailman
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
An M+M Romance involving two environmentalists on a BC Wilderness Survey. One partner a 31-year-old secure in himself and the other a 24-year-old niave man-child. Two gay men in a near trackless wilderness, what do you expect?
Dan
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very nice book. A sweet romance with bears included, perfect for a soft, fluffy reading time. Even though Aidan has some stuff from his past, it's not a heavy book. It was overall quite enjoyable
Laurel Looney
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a very good story. It had everything that you could want in a story. I would recommend everyone to read Aiden and Mitchell’s story. It is definitely a one clicker.
Nathan
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance
Not for me.

Stopped reading once it became clear the primary source of tension would a relationship starting off on deception and power imbalance.

Zero sympathy for poor little awkward rich kid.

Points for both coming out to each other immediately.

Bo
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read the Blurb, Enjoy the Show

Contrary to what the blurb may imply, this is a sweet, swiftly played, love story. Aiden who is really Anthony is a wuss. Mitchell who is looking for love, is a bit of a reluctant aggressor. The cross-currents of their backgrounds and the way they fall in love are all totally illogical and completely wonderful.

Pure fun, without laughs, just smiles.
Tina
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it

Quick and pleasurable read. No surprises, just a simple love story set in a beautiful place.

Oh if only all people felt as passionate about animals as the characters in this story.

Shaz
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Shaz by: Chris, the Dalek King
The only real complaint I have is about the length of this book...I want more! I wasn't finished with these hot, sexy guys.
Ramsi
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just 3,5 stars from me.
There are books from RJ Scott I loved a lot more.
But it was a good read nevertheless and I enjoyed it.
~RMG
Feb 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Bogusia
Dec 01, 2012 rated it liked it
3 stars
I liked this book :)
'Spirit Bear' was short, so its perfect for reading between books.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Chase The Sun (Stories from Sapphire Cay, #3)
  • Hairy Harry's Car Seat (Lyon Road Vets, #1)
  • The Heart of a Mate (Heart of Wolves, #1)
  • A Volatile Range (Range, #6)
  • Christmas Delights
  • Two Lips, Indifferent Red
  • The Case Of The Dragon's Dilemma (End Street Detective Agency #3)
  • Angel's Redemption (Men of Charlestown, #4)
  • One Bratty Omega (Building the Pack #2)
  • When One Door Opens
  • Two Sides of the Same Coin (Lucky Jeff Ranch, #1)
  • Conquer the Flames (Lang Downs #4)
  • A Better Man (The Men of Halfway House, #1)
  • Tuck & Cover (Rough Rangers, #2)
  • Not As Easy As It Looks
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen #1)
  • The One Who Saves Me (Home, #6)
  • The Dark Angels: With Wings
RJ is the author of the over one hundred novels and discovered romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t romance on the page, she could create it in her head, and is a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her family.

The last time she had a week’s