Start by marking “Love You More” as Want to Read:
Love You More

Love You More (Tessa Leoni #1)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  31,722 Ratings  ·  2,215 Reviews
WHO DO YOU LOVE?
Brian Darby lies dead on the kitchen floor. His wife, state police trooper Tessa Leoni, claims to have shot him in self-defense, and bears the bruises to back up her tale. For veteran detective D. D. Warren it should be an open-and-shut case. But where is their six-year-old daughter?
AND HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO . . .
As the homicide investigation ratchets into
Paperback, Large Print, 591 pages
Published November 22nd 2011 by Large Print Press (first published 2011)

Suzanne
Well, well, well. Lucky this reader remembered about Detective D. D. Love this character. Love the new Tessa Leoni, too! The only bummer was I read this one book late, and mucked up the order, but no biggie. A 9 month time lapse to be precise!

The demure looking Lisa Gardner donned in twin set and jeans that we see on the back cover of her books, is a pretty version of a killer writer. What I mean is she looks she looks so straight laced but what she delivers on the page is crazy kick-ass, for wa
Jean
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes the plot of a thriller just gets “curiouser and curiouser” until, well, until it all makes sense. Love You More, Lisa Gardner’s fifth D.D. Warren novel in which she also introduces Tessa Leoni as a strong protagonist, was one of those examples for me.

Tessa, a Massachusetts state trooper, is arrested for the murder of her husband Brian and is suspected of murdering her six-year-old daughter Sophie. Boston P.D. Sergeant D.D. Warren thinks she did it. Her former partner and lover, Bobby D
Joseph Finder
May 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've read this year. This was my Amazon review:

I've been a fan of Lisa's D.D. Warren series for some time, but she's truly outdone herself with this one. It grabs you on the first page and keeps you guessing until the final chapter, moving effortlessly between first person and third person narration, weaving an extraordinary amount of research into nonstop action.

Love You More starts with a crime we think we understand. Massachusetts State Trooper Tessa Leoni's husband Bria
Deanna
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Over the years I have read quite a few of Lisa Gardner's books. Even though I haven't read all of the books in this series I still found it to be a very good read on it's own. It grabbed me right off from the first page and I was kept guessing until the very end. I had a hard time putting it down.

Trooper Tessa Leoni's husband Brian is dead and she herself has been beaten and is covered in bruises. It looks like a clear cut case of a batter
Maria Clara
Sé que no soy muy justa con esta puntuación, pero creo que hubiera podido ser sólo la historia de Tessa y no hubiera pasado nada. Aún así, la trama me gustó mucho, así como la estructurada de la novela.
Sue
Apr 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: detective-crime
"Love You More" by Lisa Gardner was an amazing novel.What will a mother do to protect her daughter.I couldn't put this book down.It is a mystery about a mother, Tess, charged with murdering her husband and possibly her 6-yr-old daughter, Sophie, as well. The Boston police arrest Tess, a state trooper who doesn’t have much faith in cops because of her past experience. Tess lies to the police and devises a plan to find her daughter’s kidnapper on her own and rescue her daughter against all odds no ...more
Bube
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, made-me-cry
What a book!
Its been 6 hours after I read the book and I still can't calm down all those emotions that has be triggered by this book.This is a book that tells a story about the great love of a mother to her child and how she manages to do everything in her power to save her child.As you read the book, you can't remain indifferent to all those emotions in the heart of Tessa and Sophie, in the last 35 pages I could not calm down the emotions and the tears just couldn't stop, I know, it's just a bo
Jim
"... there really were multiple layers of Hell, and no matter how deep you'd thought you'd fallen, there was still someplace deeper and darker to go."

Tessa Leoni is a Massachusetts State Trooper. She has been beaten almost to death. Her husband, Brian, is dead in their kitchen. At first glance it would appear to be another tragic case of a battered wife defending herself. But their six year old daughter, Sophie, is missing. And Tessa's story is full of holes and inconsistencies. Holes and incons
Dana Griffin
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh. My. God. Before you begin this book, clear your schedule, send your children off, and prepare to go without sleep. Once you're halfway through this book, you won't be able to stop reading. I'd give this book ten, or one hundred star rating if I could.

Note to any would be assassins, or child abductors: don't murder the husband or abduct the child of a Massachuetts State Police officer, or suffer the consequences. This is the premise of this book.

Ms. Gardner always comes up with interesting p
Maribel
[Entre 3 - 3,5]
Está francamente bien narrado, pero le sobran páginas. Me ha faltado más acción y sobretodo el factor sorpresa. Me quedo, sin duda, con la recta final de la historia y con Tessa Leoni: una mujer fuerte, decidida y de armas tomar.
La-Lionne

This was a surprisingly enjoyable read. I was in a mood for something mysterious and twisted, and got exactly that.

When I read Touch and Go, I didn't realized that that book was the second in the series. When I bought It last year on Amazon, no where, at that time, was it mentioned that it was part of the series. It read like a stand alone. I only realized that when I came across this book. Weird. This book is actually the fifth in D.D. Warren series, and some sort of spin off of the n
Taryn

Brilliant! Love You More is quite possibly one of the best books I have ever read. Lisa Gardner has knack for writing suspense, her attention to detail is incredible, and her gift to keep the reader guessing until the end leaves me speechless. I've read four of Ms. Gardner's books back to back now, and each time I'm more surprised than the last. The plot and character development is out of this world superb.

I'm not the type to only use five adjectives when describing a book, but I had the sudde
Freda Malone
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't be shocked but this is my first Lisa Gardner read and I loved it.

Tessa, the protagonist, a law enforcement officer and mother of Sophie, has shot and killed her husband after a brutal beating. Little Sophie is gone and nowhere to be found. Tessa is arrested after several clues have shown that she is lying about the details. It is up to Tessa, the mama bear, to strategically escape the confines of her closely guarded hospital room and find her little girl.

A brilliant start to a series. I
Mis Lecturas
En realidad 4,5 *
Mi reseña completa: http://mislecturasderetos.blogspot.co...
Rosario
May 22, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just started and so far it's a struggle. Very poorly edited, I keep highlighting mistakes and it's very distracting.

I am two thirds done and I have no idea why this books is so popular. A page turner? Hardly, I can't read more than a few pages at a time. The characters? Nobody seems to be particularly likeable and I find D.D. Warren so irritating I am actually hoping she fails miserably in her investigation. As for the story, very complicated in a very silly way. I am trying hard to finish it bu
Georg
Apr 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english, crime, rubbish
What would you think about the following line in a modern novel:

“Every man has a moment in his life when he realizes he genuinely loves a woman, and she’s just not worth it.”

Right: What an arrogant asshole! You would at once throw the book where it belongs – into the waste-bin.

But I misquoted. You find the correct quote on page 256 and it reads like that:

“Every woman has a moment in her life when she realizes she genuinely loves a guy, and he’s just not worth it.”

On then Amazon-ebook it’s the
Maria
Opinião em breve no blogue
Best Crime Books & More
Lisa Gardner's release prior to this one was entitled `Live To Tell' and if I am being 100% honest it wasn't my favourite of her books. There was a certain element of `supernatural' to that book and it just didn't sit right with me. Thankfully, she has returned to her former glory of producing a fantastic crime novel featuring DD Warren.

DD Warren is featured in a series of books and this latest book is number 5 in the series. Detective D.D Warren is a very headstrong woman working in a predomina
Wench
First off, the TWs: kidnapping, murder, plenty of gun and knife violence, pregnancy, intimate partner violence

WHAT EVEN WAS THIS BOOK.

I live in Boston, okay? Where these books are ostensibly set. And so far, they've been pretty okay on the details. Well, the first couple were, and they've been deteriorating. And then we get to THIS book.

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

And it's the kind of shit that would take literally ninety seconds of internetting. A hospital IN BOSTON with a Wal-Mart a few
Lauren
Love You More
4 Stars

Lisa Gardner's fast paced writing style and captivating plots are the reason she is one of my favorite crime authors, particularly her Quincy/Rainie series. Unfortunately, her D.D. Warren books have never been stellar (perhaps because D.D. herself is not that likable a heroine) but Love You More breaks this unremarkable trend.

Once again, the perspective alternates between first and third person. While this has irritated me in the past, it works well here as it adds to the ch
Elsa
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
¡Me ha encantado! Es muy entretenido a pesar dener un inicio un poco lento aunque hacía la mitad coge un ritmo más intenso. Me ha gustado muchísimo Tessa Leoni, ¡una mujer de armas tomar!
Sin duda leeré más libros de esta fantástica autora.
Aylavella
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Cuando leí la sinopsis sabía ya que tenía que leer la novela, que era de esos libros que te atrapan y enganchan. Luego leí varias reseñas que confirmaban mi percepción, que iba a ser de esas novelas que iba a disfrutar muchísimo. Y después de leerla, puedo afirmar que sí, que me ha encantado, que me ha tenido enganchada desde el primer capítulo.

Es una novela adictiva, que sorprende, no sabemos cómo va a ir desarrollándose la historia. Sabemos que Tessa, policía estatal, se declara culpable de
Michael
Gardner shows great talent in emotional engagement and tense plotting in this murder mystery placed in Boston, 5th in a series of 7 so far featuring tough homicide detective D.D. Warren.

Gardner’s special talent lies in domestic situations that go bad. This story starts out with police being called to a shooting of a husband by his wife who is terribly beaten, a seeming open and shut case of defense from domestic violence. The victim/suspect is Tessa Leoni, a state trooper. Her 8 year old child
Mark
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the better female thriller writers
Recommended to Mark by: A lovely picture on the back of a book
There are many reasons for reading a book and perhaps one of the more shameful reasons is to really fancy the writer because of the picture of her. I did buy her novel mainly for that reason and remembering that her name came up in a few recommendations.

Love you more is the story of two women Gardners' D.D. Warren & state police trooper Tessa Leonie. With both their voices the book is written.
D.D. Warren being one of the main characters of Gardners oeuvre, and Tessa Leonie being the "victim
Diane
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tessa Leoni is a victim, no she's the villian, no she's the victim, no she's the villan! Lisa Gardner sure screws with my head. I'm still getting use to her style of writing, and I'm liking it, but it still has me scratching my head at times :)

What would you do if your 6 year old daughter was taken from you, then your husband shot in front of you, and then you (as a cop) had to take the blame for it all?

Red herring after red herring, but a good chase it was!

I liked this book on so many levels an
Tonya Smith
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG I would have never guessed the ending. I loved the way Lisa Gardner keeps you guessing to the very end. I will be reading every book she puts out. Especially if they all keep you guessing like this one.
Jennifer Jaynes
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I thoroughly enjoyed "Love You More." Was riveted from the first several pages. Usually Gardner isn't a favorite of mine in this genre, but if she keeps writing stories like this one, she soon will be.
Holly
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I forgot how much I liked Lisa Gardner's books. Good thing I've bought a bunch of her novels recently at a book fair:)
Mahoghani 23
This book had me at the beginning. You're thinking, at first, that Tessa Leoni's committed the biggest crime ever; murdering her husband. Not only that, her 6-year old child, Sophie, is missing. All eyes are on Tessa but she's not saying a thing. She's arrested but plans the biggest escape from jail and at the same time, she's plotting to locate her daughter and kill the people responsible.

Full of suspense and a whole lot of drama. The author makes you think one way but then a few chapters later
Carolina
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5
¡¡Me ha encantado!! Una historia muy adictiva y alucinante. Muy recomendada para aquellos que le molen los thrillers.
Need Book Recommendation!! 30 244 Jan 11, 2015 01:50PM
  • Down the Darkest Road (Oak Knoll, #3)
  • The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9)
  • Born To Die (To Die, #3)
  • The Memory Collector (Jo Beckett #2)
  • Broken (Will Trent, #4)
  • Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid, #1)
  • Blood Vines
  • Quinn (Eve Duncan, #13; Eve, Quinn and Bonnie #2)
  • A Deeper Darkness (Dr. Samantha Owens, #1)
  • MacNamara's Woman (Family Secrets, #2)
  • Fireproof (Maggie O'Dell, #10)
  • Darkness, My Old Friend
(1) mystery & thrillers, suspense

aka Alicia Scott

New York Times bestselling crime novelist Lisa Gardner began her career in food service, but after catching her hair on fire numerous times, she took the hint and focused on writing instead. A self-described research junkie, she has parlayed her interest in po
More about Lisa Gardner...

Tessa Leoni (3 books)
  • Touch & Go (Tessa Leoni, #2)
  • Crash & Burn (Tessa Leoni, #3)
“Mothers hold close, fathers let go. Maybe that’s the way of the world.” 5 likes
“This was the pattern of my life: to love men who didn’t deserve me, and, knowing that, to yearn for their love anyway.” 3 likes