Start by marking “Nate the Great Saves the King of Sweden” as Want to Read:
Nate the Great Saves the King of Sweden

Nate the Great Saves the King of Sweden (Nate the Great #23)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  218 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
These chapter books introduce beginning readers to the detective mystery genre. Perfect for the Common Core, kids can problem-solve with Nate, using logical thinking to solve mysteries!

Rosamond is visiting Scandinavia when she loses something. She wants Nate the Great to find it, even though he doesn’t know what she lost, what country she lost it in, or when she lost it.
Published April 13th 1999 by Yearling (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Nate the Great Saves the King of Sweden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate the Great Saves the King of Sweden

Elsie
May 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Personal reaction- I found this book to qualify as a transitional book because of the continuous use of long paragraphs, advanced vocabulary, and different elements of writing (such as a letter format). This book is a great example of a transitional book because of the new advances this book can make compared to picture books. This book is about Nate who helps a friend find what she lost. The story takes you on a journey throughout the adventure of Nate and his friend. Nate is identified as the ...more
Ciara Plackett
Personal Reaction:
I liked this book, I think I would have liked it in first or second grade. It is very predictable but overall a good read. I would have liked that it had dogs in it when I was a kid.

Purpose:
Read Aloud:
This could be a good choice to read aloud as a class when we are starting to read transitional books. This book introduces mystery to children, so I'm sure that some students would love this book and want to read the others.

Independent Reading:
I would recommend this book for c
Dolly
Sep 15, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another fun story in the Nate the Great series by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat and Marc Simont. As always, Rosamond does some strange things, but Nate shows just how great he is by solving a mystery in Sweden without leaving home.

The illustrations are fun and we loved the fun pages in the back. I even have some lingonberry jam (from IKEA, no less) and we just had to make some pancakes to eat with it in honor of the tale. Perhaps we'll have to make some Swedish meatballs too...
Michelle. D.
Sep 04, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: was-awful
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r ...more
Katie Nanney
Nate the Great has been a favorite series of mine since I was about 2nd grade or so. I liked this one because I hadn't read it and for nostalgia. It followed the same format every other Nate the Great book does and is very predictable. It would make a nice book for younger beginning readers to practice predicting and solving mysteries.
Misty
May 07, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-for-boys
These books are really cute and a good length for Ellery's age, but he just isn't that interested in the series. They are all pretty similar so after the first one he lost interest.

Turns out he enjoys listening to these on audio occasionally.
Amy
A good option for beginning readers. Writing is definitely on a level with "easy reader" books. Kind of bland, but may satisfy kids with a taste for solving puzzles. More useful for building reading skills than actual story enjoyment.
yusi
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nate thought that he would not solve any strange cases.
Because this summer Rosamond was not here.
But he was wrong.
Rosamond send a strange postcard to him for asking to find something.
but she did not say what she lost, where she lost.
He had to know what it is and where it is.
Chance
Jul 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I like this series.
Sherry Wolfe
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this was a cute little book. it's only 40 pages though, not 80 like is listed on here. I really enjoyed the book and I think little kids will definitely like it.
Elizabeth
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: with-the-kids
My daughter is really into Nate the Great. I hadn't read them as a kid. They are generally fine, but this one is by far my favorite. It is really goofy and charming!
Kaethe
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Funny. And I feel compelled to point out that the trolls look a lot like moomins to me.
Angela Tuson
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This may be may favourite Nate Case yet; Rosamond and her cats feature and once again, Nate solves the mystery. How does he save king Carl Gustav? See if you can work it out.
Shelley
Mar 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another that we've only borrowed. It's good but low on the purchase list.
Neem
Oct 03, 2012
Katie
Apr 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Aunt Eater Loves a Mystery (I Can Read Level 2)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Long Weekend (Henry and Mudge, #11)
  • March Mischief (Calendar Mysteries Series #3)
  • The Berenstain Bears Ride the Thunderbolt
  • Spark
  • Get Well, Good Knight
  • The Case of the Stolen Baseball Cards (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, #5)
Marjorie Weinman Sharmat is an American children's writer. She has written more than 130 books for children and teens and her books have been translated into several languages. They have won awards including Book of the Year by the Library of Congress or have become selections by the Literary Guild.
More about Marjorie Weinman Sharmat...

Nate the Great (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Nate the Great
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate The Great)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue