Start by marking “Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)

Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  41,455 Ratings  ·  4,296 Reviews
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds t ...more
Published May 22nd 2012 by Feiwel & Friends (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Of Poseidon, please sign up.

Belle I don't know if you've read this but this one's worth the shot. In fact the whole series is worth the shot. The characters were great and the plot's…moreI don't know if you've read this but this one's worth the shot. In fact the whole series is worth the shot. The characters were great and the plot's amazing :) (less)
Deedra Shackford I love this book! It is actually my favorite book. if you like romances with those inhuman twist, this is a great read. (this sentence may be counted…moreI love this book! It is actually my favorite book. if you like romances with those inhuman twist, this is a great read. (this sentence may be counted as a spoiler) Especially when Galen is extremely over protective!(less)

Steph Sinclair
It's official. Mermaids are the new "angels" of the Paranormal Romance genre. The is the second mermaid book I've read and I'm less than impressed with these sea creatures. Incidentally, Of Poseidon happens to be worse for me than Lies Beneath .

Of Poseidon tells the story of Emma, a girl who possesses a few Syrena (mermaid) traits, and Galen, a Syrena prince, who attempts to unravel the secrets of Emma. It's discovered that she has the Gift of Poseidon (think Dr. Dolittle at the aquarium) and t
Kat Kennedy
I don’t read many books that I would rate 1 star these days. I seem to have mastered my preferences and hit a stride of excellent books – or at least mostly readable books.

Admittedly I only made it fifty-six pages into this book before I threw my hands up in disgust and tossed a pillow at the wall – so I suggest you take that into account when deciding whether to buy this book.

Why did I stop reading?
First reason:

The death of a token character

Token

We didn’t know her long enough, but I’m pretty sure sh
Katya
Ariel
Nov 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS SO GREAT! HOLY MOLY, BATMAN!

I'm going to keep my review short, because I WILL be doing a video review of this series in my wrap up for #MermaidMay, but here are some of the reasons this book was awesome:

1) A light-hearted sunshine good time: this book didn't try to become something deeper than it is, it's a jolly good time! There ARE some darker moments, and they perfectly added intensity to the plot, but it never got bogged down - it remained a good time!

2) The mythology: It's fas
Nafiza
Feb 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
This is going to be an incredibly difficult review to write for a multitude of reasons but especially because I hate giving a not so positive review to a debut author. However, I cannot, in good conscience, let these things pass me by so if you are reading this, keep in mind that the following are my opinions and ones you may not necessarily agree with but nevertheless, they are opinions I have a right to express.

Of Poseidon promises a lighthearted story dabbling in the mythology of mermaids and
shady
This review is also available over at my blog.

______________________

I made it about 130-something pages before I decided that I could not stand to suffer through this book anymore.

What bothered me right off the bat was the writing style. It alternates between Emma's and Galen's POVs, but get this: Emma's chapters are first person, while Galen's are third. I mean... WHY? Just, WHY? Why do there have to be both styles? Why can't Galen's chapters be first person or Emma's be third? And it's not lik
Amelia, the pragmatic idealist
Sounds good, but I kind of wish (view spoiler)
Giselle
Jan 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, own
With a beautiful cover like this it's hard to resist not checking out what Of Poseidon is all about. I haven't had the best of luck with mermaid books in the past, though I haven't read very many of them. Of Poseidon is, so far, one of the better ones I've had the experience of reading. It has an interesting premise with a beautiful underwater world, but I did have a few quirks with it that stopped me from truly loving it.

Almost immediately, I felt like something was off with the writing. It ha
Wendy Higgins
SO GOOD. Galen....mmmmmmm.
Danny
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: imm-march

Review posted at Bewitched Bookworms

Epic Awesomeness!!!!
You know one of the best things about writing reviews and featuring books on your blog is when you have a book that literally blew you away! Of Poseidon is such a book and beware of my fangirly excitement which will follow in the next paragraphs.

Like with many other books Of Poseidon drew me initially in because of this gorgeous cover! I simply adore this girl in the water, I loooove the white and the green, it’s incredible! I can’t wait
Crazy for Young A...: January: Of Poseidon 1 9 Dec 31, 2017 06:47PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Of Poseidon by Anna Bank - Restarting March 10th 2017 83 167 Mar 22, 2017 07:21PM
Don't check ours-...: ~Of poseidon~ 2 9 Jan 02, 2017 03:37PM
Future Teachers, ...: Sack.Review#7 1 1 Nov 16, 2016 10:06PM
Cosmo Readers: #5 Chapter 21 until the end + final thoughts 7 11 Sep 17, 2016 07:07AM
Cosmo Readers: #3 Chapters 11-15 6 6 Sep 16, 2016 08:20AM
  • Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2)
  • The Vicious Deep (The Vicious Deep #1)
  • Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs, #1)
  • Deep Betrayal (Lies Beneath, #2)
  • Just for Fins (Fins, #3)
  • Monstrous Beauty
  • Breathless
  • Waking Storms (Lost Voices, #2)
  • Hemlock (Hemlock, #1)
  • Struck (Struck, #1)
  • The Treachery of Beautiful Things
  • Siren's Storm (Siren's Storm, #1)
  • Starling (Starling, #1)
  • Wrecked
  • Fathom
  • The Alchemy of Forever (Incarnation, #1)
  • Illuminate (Gilded Wings, #1)
  • When the Sea Is Rising Red (Hobverse #1)
New York Times Bestselling author of The Syrena Legacy series.

Grew up in a town called Niceville. No, seriously. And yes, everyone from Niceville is generally nice.

Let's see, things about me....My writer's cat is a mini wiener dog named Puckdoo. I can't walk in high heels, but I'm amazing at standing still in them. I'm the only person in Florida without a tan. I stole a car when I was 12 years o
More about Anna Banks...

The Syrena Legacy (3 books)
  • Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2)
  • Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3)
“Galen?”
“Hmm?”
“You can put me down now.”
“I’m not ready yet.” He tightens his hold.
“You don’t have to hold—“
“Emma? Can you hear me?”
“Uh, yes. I can hear fine. I just can’t see—“
“That’s a relief. Because for a minute there, I thought maybe you didn’t hear me when I said I’m not ready yet.”
“Jackass.”
294 likes
“Basically, everyone thinks--knows--how sweet I am.

Emma, you threw my sister through hurricane-proof glass.”
286 likes