Start by marking “The Spectre: Tales of the Unexpected” as Want to Read:
The Spectre: Tales of the Unexpected

The Spectre: Tales of the Unexpected

(The Spectre)

Collecting stories from TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED #1-8! Detective Crispus Allen was murdered during the events of INFINITE CRISIS and was reborn as the instrument of God's wrath known as The Spectre. Now, he is on a quest to brutally punish those who choose to do wrong.
Published December 5th 2007 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Spectre, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spectre

Jeff
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comix
This is one ugly, scary mess.

I had a sense this was going to be brutal, when the plot synopsis for the previous 4 issues ran two pages. Two pages without pictures. Oh my!

The Spectre’s been around since the 1940’s and has always been a formidable and powerful super hero. Once he was able to keep two different planet Earth’s from colliding. In another story, he’s able to predict and influence the future. In another, he was able to make party animals from balloons. Really scary party animals. Here,
Shenica
Nov 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I quite enjoy anything with The Spectre in it. What I really loved about this book was the inner conflict Crispus Allen has. On one hand he acknowledges that The Spectre is killing off insanely guilty people but on the other hand is it right? Every bone in my fiber says that it is but then I get this one little thought in the back of my mind: "Why does The Spectre get to judge? Couldn't he just save the innocents from a horrible death? Or does he get off from killing the guilty?" That's why I lo ...more
Mindy
Sep 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I bought this because a watched a cartoon of Spectre and enjoyed it. This was not the same Spectre as the cartoon I saw. I like the IDEA of Spectre. Vengence. That's great. But he only works after someone dies? He only avenges death with death. There's nothing else to the story there. I can see if I continue to read these I would probably be disappointed, unless the dead human can somehow control Spectre. It's hinted but nothing is ever explained.
Ivy
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Goofy, fun throwback. I was obsessed with this series in 2006, without knowing the background or that I was actually reading a re-boot. A fun read for any half-hearted comic/graphic novel fan.
Trey Kennedy
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: the-fun-stuff
Like the other volume of this series, this could have been something great and instead fell flat.
Artur Coelho
Apr 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Sob argumento de David Lapham, o Espectro é redefinido como habitando o espírito de um polícia afro-americano cuja revolta perante as injustiças alimenta a violência vingativa do personagem mas cujo toque humano é o único limite à megalomania, numa história recheada de crimes com castigos tétricos.
Sam
Paul Hasbrouck
Apr 02, 2014
Coniah Grimes
Nov 07, 2014

The Spectre (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Golden Age Spectre Archives, Vol. 1