Start by marking “Haunted Highway: The Spirits of Route 66” as Want to Read:
Haunted Highway: The Spirits of Route 66

Haunted Highway: The Spirits of Route 66

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
This travel guide combines the history and lore of America's most famous highway with sixty-six spine tingling tales of ghostly encounters. From spooky roadhouse honky-tonks to haunted hotels, what could be more fun than a good ghost story? Includes maps, photographs, addresses and phone numbers of all the spectral sites along the route.
Published June 1st 2003 by Golden West Publishers (AZ) (first published May 10th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Haunted Highway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted Highway

Nick
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ghost-story
Very good, although the cutesy premise actually works against it. The authors had to find 66 haunted places on Route 66. Well, near it, sort of, because they wander quite a ways off the actual route. For instance, three of the California locations are MILES from the actual path of Route 66.
Still, the vignettes are cute, and of the sites I was familiar with, their stories ring true. My own experience coincides with their details in one case, which made the book a bit more real to me.
It would be f
Nikki
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book as a travel companion or just to use as a starting point to some haunted locations along Route 66. Each place that is found in here has a short description of the haunting, some of the history and also at the end of each location entry there is contact information and directions on how to get there. There are many black and white pictures throughout as well, and also a sources section at the end to go get more information.

The book wasn't overly exaggerated as some books on h
Don LaFountaine
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
It was a pretty good ghost story book with a number of tales that I had not read in other books. Personally, I enjoyed it more when I was reading it at night, because for me it accentuated the "creepy" factor, and so I would recommend reading the book at night if possible. Finally, it is a book that is meant to be read while on a road trip on Route 66. I am sure that the stories would have different feel if I was actually at some of these places while reading it. All in all, I did enjoy this boo ...more
Sarah R
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought it was very interesting and I liked the different stories about historic sites on Route 66.
Elizabeth
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting but I wish they told me more about how the people died and not just the "haunting a" people experienced.
James Bowman
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, paranormal
A good guidebook for a ghost-filled road trip, and decently researched. Not many standout stories, though, as it's focused on summaries over tale-telling. (B)
Gloria