Start by marking “Meg and the Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave (A Meg Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Meg and the Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave (A Meg Mystery, #3)

Meg and the Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave (A Meg Mystery #3)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Published September 1978 by Golden Press (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Meg and the Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meg and the Mystery Of The Black Magic Cave

Samantha
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anybody
Recommended to Samantha by: My Mother, She read those books when she was my age, so she thought I would like them.
Emily Hawthorn has been threatened with black magic.Shen continues to get poison pen letters from a coven of "witches"Below is the letters she received:
TEACHER, TEACHER, KEEP YOUR COOL;
DON'T TELL STORIES OUT OF SCHOOL.
PACK YOUR BOOKS AND FLY AWAY--
IF YOU DON'T YOU'LL RUE THE DAY.

(signed with a star pointed down and a number 13 in the middle)

TEACHER, TEACHER, LISTEN WELL;
ONLY YOU CAN BREAK THE SPELL.
WITCHES HAVE MELISSA HEXED--
LEAVE AT ONCE OR YOU ARE NEXT.

(signed with the same symbol
KDawn
Mar 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-kiddos
This was my favorite mystery series when I was a kid...I'm sure it's what started me on the mystery-loving adventure in books that I've had all my life. They are just the right size for kids -- 15 chapters or so -- and she never dumbed down the language (similar to JK Rowling keeping her vocabulary up even while writing for kids), so if you're reading to your kids, it provides an opportunity to teach them vocabulary at the same time.

This was not her best in the series...The Secret of the Witch'
babyhippoface
I loved Meg books when I was young, but I never read this one. I found it at a Friends of the Library sale this weekend and happily paid $1 for it. Now to see if it matches up to my memories....

2 days later....
Well, pretty much, yeah. It's how I remember it, and I didn't hate it. (I didn't love it, either, but I didn't expect to.) As an adult reading it now, I can recognize that there is too much "tell" and not enough "show", the characterization is pretty shallow, and mystery easily-solved. But
Kristine Hansen
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vintage, kids-mystery
Meg and Kerry are enjoying some vacation time in Maine, only mysteries abound from the time their plane lands. Lots of mysterious comings and goings, a missing cat, threatening letters, and an entire coven of witches? Whew! That's a lot! Creepy fun that's every bit as good as I remembered from reading this as a child.
Kristina
I read this book about a gazillion years ago. It's funny that I still have it. I'm guessing I really liked it. This is more of a children's book than ya, but I don't feel like making another shelf for the maybe 5 kids' books I'll ever add to gr.
Christy Price
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read this a loooong time ago
Ilana
Oct 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I only own three books in the Meg series, this was my favorite. I would totally recommend this to anyone.
Susan
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
This has been Little Fellow's favorite of the series so far. I have to agree with him.
Michelle
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good middle reader mystery. Today's middle readers might find it a little unrealistic the way the kids are allowed to run around without an adult.
Megan
Not first reading (date below)
June 5, 1995
June 19, 2003
Madison Mega-Mara...: #69 - Meg and the Mystery of the Black Magic Cave 1 1 Apr 06, 2015 12:42PM

A Meg Mystery (6 books)
  • Meg and the Disappearing Diamonds (A Meg Mystery, #1)
  • Meg and the Secret of the Witch's Stairway (A Meg Mystery, #2)
  • Meg and the Ghost of Hidden Springs (A Meg Mystery, #4)
  • Meg and The Treasure Nobody Saw (A Meg Mystery, #5)
  • Meg and the Mystery in Williamsburg (Meg Duncan, #6)