Start by marking “The Crystal Warrior (Crystal Warriors, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Crystal Warrior (Crystal Warriors, #1)

The Crystal Warrior

(Crystal Warrior #1)

A career-focused dancer who's sworn off men...

A cursed crystal warrior on borrowed time....

Chalcedony (Chalcey) is too busy planning the launch of her dance studio to fret about the absence of men in her life. Besides, she's hanging out for the man of her dreams-if such a creature exists. Her ordered world is turned on its head when she's given a wulfenite crystal, and Lor
Published August 8th 2011 by Maree Anderson

To ask other readers questions about The Crystal Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crystal Warrior

Obsidian
Mar 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF at 27 percent/Chapter 6.

Yeah I had to quit after the heroine had unprotected sex with the guy who showed up uninvited to her home, who refused to leave, and pretty much threw her around like she was a piece of meat the preceding evening. I mean she was on the pill, so it's totes okay (I seriously rolled my eyes so hard at that part I ended up having a twitch for a bit yesterday afternoon).

Sigh. Double Sigh.

I don't even know where to begin. We start off with a bunch of warriors called Styr
Amanda
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
The concept of The Crystal Warrior caught my interest, but from the beginning it was choppy, jumping chunks of events including scenes that would have been very important from Chalcedony's perspective - it's her dream on the line, after all. Then there's the fact that she makes no choices for herself, not in all of what I read (I couldn't get past the first few chapters). She's brought into the "crystal store" against her will, forced to choose a crystal against her will, it's in her possession ...more
Madison
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
1st reread: 16/4/17
Hbeebti
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
3.5 This was a fun story to read. I say fun because there many times that made me laugh. I'm not even sure if it was suppose to be funny but it was to me. I really liked that Wulf was from another world and another time. It made me feel better when it was explained why and what happened to the women who were taken and auctioned off. I mean Wulf was such a likeable character, and to think that he was a leader and helped his men kidnap women and children for breeding was horrible. But there was mo ...more
⚜️Trea
Jan 11, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2014
I really hated this book. I couldn't respect the heroine, therefore I couldn't connect with her. She was a spineless wimp in almost every aspect of her life. Wulf was a jerk, and while that was ok in his time, I couldn't see him willing to change to meet the times he was in. And yet, he was practically the same as the guy Chaceldony threw over, she couldn't see it? Improbable, in my eyes. I'll be deleting it off my Kindle and thank goodness I didn't purchase the others!
Jennifer Lynne
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed The Crystal Warrior. No surprises that it won the RWNZ Clendon Award - everything about it was beautifully crafted. Characters felt real - even ancient warrior Wulf - and I loved the interaction between modern day independent heroine, Chalcey, and her hero. There was humour, angst, passion, the works! I am looking forward to the next book in Maree Anderson's crystal warrior series.
Patricia Mason
Dec 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The sexy alpha male hero had me hooked from the beginning and I loved the sassy heroine who tamed him (just enough). The plot unfolded at a fast page-turner pace. Finding The Crystal Warrior was like finding a Paranormal Romance Gem. I can't wait for the next book in the series.
S.E. Gilchrist
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
A sexy read with great characters, loved both the hero and heroine.
Angie
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF
Sophia
Jan 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf
I picked up this book because I thought the blurb sounded interesting and at the time it was free so I was willing to take a chance. I am so glad I did because I've now found a new series to enjoy.

The world building of this story was very creative and refreshing when compared to the majority of romances with fantasy romance blended with the contemporary that are available out there. It is the story of Wulf, a mighty brutish warrior of the past, from a parallel world who follows the dictates of h
Heather Pearson
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I had decided that I wasn't going to review any more romance novels since I get very few readers of those posts. When I finished reading the paranormal romance The Crystal Warrior by New Zealand author Maree Anderson I felt so refreshed that I had to change my plan. After all, this my blog and I get to write what I want, when I want, and you can choose whether to read or not.

Why did this book change my mind. I read a lot of books in a wide variety of genres. My Friday evening is for free readin
Squeak
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my Alaskan Bookie Website at:

This was a very interesting story that began with a band of men raiding a village for women to be used as breeding stock and a magical man determined to stop them. He casts a spell on the warriors so they would be locked into crystals that bore the names of each of the warriors. Once locked inside, they spent hundreds of years locked in their crystals without hope of redemption until they fi
Stacy Sabala
Jul 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, suspense
Book Review- The Crystal Warrior by Maree Anderson

Pieter trapped the dreaded warriors into the crystals until their true loves are found. Wulf waits in his prison.
Chalcey Laureano needs a loan to get her dance studio off the ground. She is nervous so she is early to her meeting. There is a shop next door that catches her eye and she decides to kill some time. The old man who owns the shop shows her a set of crystals. He holds her hand over them and tells her to pick one. After that she seems to
Inthebook
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Do you love strong alpha heroes? If so, you'll absolutely love The Crystal Warrior.

The Crystal Warrior begins with a compelling prologue: An army of warriors sent from another world to pillage women of childbearing age. A brave old man desperate to protect his village. A crystal curse. I knew immediately I had a great story on my hands. AND the writing was excellent, which is a must for me.

Fast forward a few hundred years. Chalcedony is a young woman trying to make it on her own, just opening he
Sandra
Jun 29, 2014 added it
Shelves: dnf
I freely admit that I didn't finish this one and it may have improved enough later to justify all the 4 star ratings and rave reviews but sadly I just couldn't get past the first few chapters. And I tried more than once because I actually love this author's YA Freaks series. Chalcy's behaviour mostly annoyed me. Wolf was an arrogant ass. I think Chalcy is supposed to be spirited and supposedly stands up to Wolf, yet she everyone (including her friend Sam) ignores her and then she caves. Doesn't ...more
Cember
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
At first I felt this book wasn't for me.

I am not into the warrior style romances with a character that seems strong but fades into a silly damsel. But as I figured to dig into this book a bit more to see if it was one of said books I was pleased to find this book was quite enticing. The character's held strong to their roles and the story built itself pretty strong without any lack of drawl.

I can't point out to many appealing areas because I would end this in a long list but I feel my favorite
Adriana
The Crystal Warrior by Maree Anderson

This story stated off promising giving us the back story of Crystal Warriors and how they came to be. I even like the initial meeting of Wulf and Chalcey and the humor “Unless we are about to indulge in a romp amongst the cushions, do not bite me again, woman.” but…there was to much jumping from one scene to another that didn’t read as smooth as I would have liked. The beginning and a fair amount of the middle of the book I liked however the rest just felt ch
Bernadette Rowley
Jun 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I'd rate this a 3.5 stars. The premise is intriguing, the crystal warrior Wulf a real 'fish out of water'. I thought the interactions between characters entertaining and Maree has a lovely conversational style. I did get tired of the term 'bitch slap' and think this needs to be left out of narrative. All in all, this is definitely worth a read but would be much better for a really tight edit so that unnecessary sentences and paragraphs could be left out and typos could be fixed. The ending was s ...more
Amanda S.
Sep 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
This book is not exactly my favorite.

I enjoyed the plot, because it's unusual and I'd love to read it more. But there's just too many gap between parts and I find it pretty annoying. I don't like the Hero, he's annoying, and the heroine, as much as I love her I think she's a bit selfish. I don't know why.

But overall it's a good book, just could be so much better than this. I kind of look forward to read the next installment. The blurb sounds pretty intriguing.
Audrey02
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a solid 3.5. I was impressed for a free book how well the story was written. The hot scenes started out yummy but devolved throughout the story. In fact the 'bonding' that was to take place before the 'trial', vital to the story, was underplayed and let me down more than a little :(

That being said it was a nice new twist on the para-normal with modern times, hot guys, and good drama. I will be looking for more from this author.
Loraine
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
First, let me say that the book jacket/description didn't really fit what happened. I didn't get the "she's given up on men" impression until WAY late in the book and even then, it was more like she was trying to avoid sexist jerks than she was over men in general.

Some of the dialogue felt VERY forced and didn't flow very well and some of the terminology was hard to follow, too. It didn't take away too much from the plot, but it was very distracting, either way.
LastBreath
Apr 05, 2014 marked it as dnf
I tried to finish this one, I really did. I had been revisiting this one over the past month, but there's only so much I can handle before I must face reality.

The beginning was great. I had that good little 'adventure tingle' thingy going. But once the heroine and hero met, it went down hill. And it was a rapid descent at that.

Jenn
Enjoyed the story but it was too long and had some editing issues - Jai was spelled Jay several times and there were various other spelling and grammatical errors. They weren't enough to ruin the story though. All the characters were well-written and were fun to follow. If the book had been a lot shorter it would have been better but was overall a good read.
fran_g
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was lucky and got all three books at once so was able to sit down and read them through. Great reads (sexy and sweet) and I love how each book's characters were not a carbon copy of the other books in the series (which does happen with some other authors unfortunately). I just wish there were more crystal warrior books! :D
Lizzie
I've had this on my reader for a while and the other day I reread its description and remembered why I got it. After reading THE DRYSTAL WARRIOR, I wished I checked it out before. I loved it. The plot is complicated and takes a while to play out. It took a bit for me to really get into the story. But once I did, I was hooked. I can't wait to get my hands on the next ones.
Jessica
Jun 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Angarad
Feb 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
I really thought this was going to be an original and epic book. I ended up really bored and disappointed. Nothing happen, the relationship isn't quite there either. The characters don't evolve or anything at all and we are kind of lost in wondering how or why this happened for too long.
Helen Peter
Apr 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very romantic story. Portray what true love is. Looking forward to the other crystal warriors' stories.
Renu r  singh
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
it went on and on and on......... not something i particularly like.... give me fast paced story anyday
Shan
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read you are swept in from beginning to end, can't wait to read book 2.

• White Wedding (The Guardian Agency #1)
  • The Virgin Proxy (Conquerors #2)
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • Taken by the Storm (Ontarian Chronicles, # 1)
  • The Perfect Score
  • The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1)
  • She Wolf (True Mates, #1)
  • The Holding (Medieval Knights, #1)
  • Racing the Moon (Road Trip, #1)
  • Declan and Tori (The Hunters, #1)
  • Working Out (The Works, #2)
  • Restless Spirit
  • The Bride Found (Civil War Brides, #2)
  • Solstice Surrender
  • Running Hot (EMS Heat, #1)
  • Escaped (Running In Fear, #1)
  • Text Me (Text Me, #1)
  • Circle of Lies (Red Ridge Pack,#2)
Maree Anderson writes paranormal romance, fantasy, and young adult books. She lives in beautiful New Zealand, home of hobbits, elves, and kiwis—both the fruit and the two-legged flightless variety. Her first novel for young adults, the multi-award-winning Freaks of Greenfield High, was optioned for TV, and currently has over 2 million reads on Wattpad. Alas, Freaks didn’t make it to the small scre ...more

Crystal Warrior (4 books)
  • Ruby's Dream (Crystal Warriors, #2)
  • Jade's Choice (Crystal Warriors, #3)
  • Opal's Wish (Crystal Warriors, #4)