Start by marking “The Marketing Gurus: Lessons from the Best Marketing Books of All Time” as Want to Read:
The Marketing Gurus: Lessons from the Best Marketing Books of All Time

The Marketing Gurus: Lessons from the Best Marketing Books of All Time

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
A guide to classics of marketing strategy, summarizing the lessons of seventeen of the most influential titles in the field. It features such books as: "Crossing the Chasm"; "The Popcorn Report"; "The Anatomy of Buzz"; "Purple Cow"; "Relationship Marketing"; "Don't Think Pink"; and, "Renovate Before you Innovate".
Published April 1st 2010 by Grove Atlantic (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Marketing Gurus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marketing Gurus

Claire
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found the summaries contained in this book to be a bit hit & miss. I struggled occassionally as many of the examples & anecdotes were quite dated, the book was published in 2006 but covers summaries of marketing texts from more than two decades earlier. Not such a problem in themselves, these books can't help that they were written years ago, but I felt that whoever had written the summaries could have addressed or acknowledged this better (or at all). I'd hoped I might come away from ...more
Linda
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I greatly appreciated the idea behind "Marketing Gurus" - take 20 top marketing books and condense them down to the good stuff: how to get products to customers' hands and make them like paying for it. Some books have been so quoted and emulated (like "Relationship Marketing" and "Unleashing the Killer App") that it's nearly useless to go over their lessons. Some are completely outdated (like "Up the Loyalty Ladder", still burbling on about snappy ads on radio and newspaper channels), using exam ...more
Jim Rossi
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Marketing," said Peter Drucker, "is seeing your business through the customer's eyes." The Marketing Gurus features the best marketing writing since Drucker in condensed book format. It's a whole marketing bookshelf in one volume, and you can jump in anywhere you like. Some sections I did not read; others, like Rosen's "Anatomy of Buzz," I read three times. My expression for this is, "News You Can Use."
Kenneth
Jan 08, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
So far it feels like a "reader's digest" of hollow marketing texts. I refer to them as texts because the summaries feel just like a compilation of cliff's notes of your favorite business school curriculum. Still all of the concepts are fascinating. Not a good leisurely read though -- I dont know if i should expect it to be considering the subject matter :/
Velvetink
daughter bought it
Dan MacInnis
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Great commentary on marketing strategy from all the top marketers including Seth, Guy, Jack and Kolter.
Lori Grant
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must-read book on market reference guide for the knowledge worker, manager, executive, or entrepreneur.
April
Changed my mind and didn't read
Sibu
Sep 04, 2016
Tanabalan
Jan 02, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Goals an Organization Can Achieve Through CPM Marketing 1 2 Feb 05, 2016 09:41PM