Start by marking “Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)

Sins of the Demon

(Kara Gillian #4)

Louisiana homicide detective Kara Gillian is doing her best to cope with everything that's happened to her over the past year, all while s continuing to hone her skills as a demon summoner. But lately she's beginning to wonder if there's a little too much demon in her world. She has a demon for a roommate, the demonic lord Rhyzkahl is still interested in her for reasons sh ...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by DAW

Start your review of Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
This may come as a complete shock to you guys, but I know a thing or two about urban fantasy. Not too much, mind you, but enough to recognize a good UF novel when I read one. Here’s what I can tell you: Diana Rowland is one of the best. Whenever I get my hands on her latest novel, I’m absolutely certain that I will enjoy it immensely.

Sins of the Demon picks up just a few weeks after the great discovery at the end of the third book. Now that she finally knows what he is, Kara would like nothing
Bradley
Here's where we start getting some world building and I'm doing a happy dance. It's not that much, of course, but anytime I get a peek into a hell dimension (even one that seems to be as nice as this,) I get all giddy.

Mind you, this isn't even that significant to the story, but I love my little quirky loves. :)

Oh, and this novel gives a whole new dimension to relationship woes. I'm not going to spoil it, but ex's can be hell on a story. :) Poor Kara!

I also need to say that I really love her body
Felicia
Bonnie
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interested in more of my reviews? Visit my blog!

Final Page Thoughts

*ahem* Excuse the language, but what the HELL kind of ending was that?! No, I’m sorry, that wasn’t an ending… that was more like a chapter ending, except my book must have been missing the subsequent pages. AHHH! What a cliffhanger. And now we have to wait a whole YEAR!? Is it available for pre-order yet?? Someone shoot me now. *Sobs*

Something that’s been ongoing in this series for a while, a bit of an issue with Kara, is resolv
Kelsey
Things I should not do: review this book immediately after reading it. That sort of thing colours your perceptions and prevents objectivity.

Things I am going to do any way: review this book immediately after reading it.

Holy mother of crud on a fish cracker, but I thought the last Demons book ended on a cliff hanger. I'd go and spoil it for you but nah - you should just go read it . If you liked the first three you'll like this one too - more demons (new and old!) more secrets, some answers, but
Christina
Jun 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really? That's the cover? WOW that's awful! The original art for the first two books was beautiful & then book 3 had that comic book cheese art & this just looks like a doodle by some 15 year-old emo perv kid! If I didn't know how amazing Diana's writing was (aka new to the series) that art work would have me running in the other direction! Still looking forward to the book but damn that's a cheesy cover!

Okay now that I've read the book, the cover art is the only bad thing about it! I would have
Denisa
3.5 Major cliffhanger at the end of this one!

The series is still good and it might be getting better, so fingers crossed!
Jen Davis
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy moly. What an ending!!!! If you have any intention of reading this series, all I can say to you is buy them all at once, because as soon as you finish one, you will want to start the next one. I am so anxious to keep reading that I can barely stay disciplined enough to share my thoughts before I rip in to book 5. But this book definitely deserves praise, so let me give credit where it is due.

One of the many things I loved about this book is that the mystery is all centered around Kara. Her
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
I always find it difficult to start a review for a book that I have mixed feelings about. I'm unsure of what I want to discuss first and I don't always know what to say when someone asks me if I enjoyed it.

I think I did. Mostly. Sort of.

I'm not sorry that I read it, but I'm not eager to initiate conversations about it with my book reading buddies either. So I guess that it ultimately falls into the "it was okay" category.

It was easy to transition myself back into the world that Rowland has crea
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
Anytime I'm really pissed because the book ended in a cliffhanger, I know I loved the story. If I hate the cliffhanger, it means I cared about what was going on in the book to what to know what will happen next. This cliffhanger rivals only one other cliffhanger... Dead, Undead, or Somewhere in Between and the book was just as good.

I love this series. I love the characters. I WANT THE NEXT BOOK NOW!!!
Kitt
Absolutely love this series, but I hate cliffhanger endings more. -1 star
Lady Heather
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: urban fantasy, paranormal romance luvvas

HOLY. CLIFFHANGER. BATMAN!!!

**The only reason I'm not EXTREMELY freaking out about this ending, is because the next book in the series is being released in a couple of weeks...otherwise, I think I would be ranting**

This was by far my favorite book in the series. The Author's world, and character building has progressed wonderfully since the beginning of the series.

The writing, bantering between characters, and 'wicked' humor is what has kept me reading, and wanting more.

However, I have a confess
Natasha
Apr 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know already that not all my sentences are going to make sense. I'm literately vibrating with excitement, confusion, anger and sorrow. I'm excited with how fantastic this book was, confused with where the turn of events will take us, angry that it ended and sad that I have to wait a full year to find out what's to come. I mean, come on..I love a good cliffhanger, but that was just mean. Brilliant. But mean.

Okay, I'll try to make a somewhat normal review, although all I want to do is rant and
is mee... kissa
wow! check that cover out! that's freaky! is that skeleton head licking her face?
very interesting cover. i'm more curious about what it's hiding though.
come oooooooooooon more Rhyzkahl!

* * *

=( not as much Rhyzkahl as i would have liked. and that ending is just plain mean Diana Rowland!
Jessica
After the dramatic ending of Secrets of the Demon, Diana Rowland is back with a vengeance with her fourth Kara Gillian novel, Sins of the Demon, that serves to keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last page.

Despite all that has been thrown at her during the course of the past year, between murders with heavy demonic influence, her ties with a demon lord, and the discovery of another demon lord in hiding, Kara has managed to come out ahead. Unfortunately, someone is now trying to summ
Stacy
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Exact thoughts when SINS OF THE DEMON ended " Holy crap what just happened? NO you CANT END THERE." WOW WOW WOW. This is hard to write without spoilers but I will try super hard.

Kara is a fantastic lead character. I absolutely love all the police procedure stuff and investigating skills that Diana writes in. The world building is great, I love the different classes of demons and their descriptions. I have no problem picturing all of them and imagining them in our world. I was completely shock
Boundless Book Reviews
This time, we get to see more of a “human” side to the demons: specially Kara’s live in bodyguard/roommate. Their antics had me cracking up many times; but it wasn’t only there, the Demon Lord Rhyzkahl seems to be showing a softer side towards Kara, he can be almost tender with her, and not just during the throws of passion. Hmmm

Kara is given more and more clues on the big mystery that is Ryan; even though none of the demons can answer questions directly, and Ryan has absolutely no recall of wha
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
4.8

Awesome. Just purely awesome.

The beginning was a little slow but absolutely worth it as everything adds up. Not necessarily nicely (because it's Kara Gillian's life after all) but it all comes together.

Can't really give a review because this is brand spanking new and there's no way that a Spoiler cut is going to stop me from spoiling something.

Needless to say, there are a lot of things answered but every single answer seems to kick up new questions. There is a declaration that made me squeal
Jess the Romanceaholic
*sputters* OMG! That ending!

Just.

Just..

OMG.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate cliffhangers and @#$%ing @#$% what a cliffhanger that was!

I think my head just exploded.
Rebecca
I love this series, but I'm getting annoyed at the cliffhanger endings.
Katherine
OMG! This books ending! It's just Wow! I can't wait for the next book!
Kara Gillian is a homicide detective and a demon summoner, so her life is both interesting and complicated. Most of the bad guys also have supernatural, demon summoning abilities, so it's not easy to do her job. Besides she has quite complicating love life, after all she sleeps with a demon lord Rhyzkahl and she suspects Ryan Kristoff being a demon lord.
İlkim
A huge cliffhanger :( I still love this series, I’d be bored long before fourth book but now I only think about fifth one.
Blodeuedd Finland
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Omg, omg, omg, omg, omg! There I said it...I have to say more? But I already said it, omg! I raced through the whole book and then the end. I kicked myself for not having the next book, and then I ordered it at once. Now I have to wait DAYS, DAYS I tell you for it to arrive. I am dying here. I am dying for that ending was brutal. BRUTAL. If I was not a fangirl of Rowland I certainly became one now. And Kara Gillian turned into one of my fav UF series around.

Ok here is where I tell you something
Mara
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Hell, hell, hell!
1) This is an hell of a story: less procedural cop, more darker UF.
2) Hell: more denizen of it than ever before, more detailed. (But less demon lord.)
3) What the hell? If you dislike cliff endings, wait before buying. This book ends with a huge bang (both because of what remains uncovered and what's revealed). Honestly, I hate to know I'll have to wait a full year before knowing what's going on.

Jules (Never enough time to read)
Another great instalment, but it does come with a rather brutal cliffhanger- just as well I already have the next book.

So far the series doesn't show any sign of slowing down, Kara is definitely one of my favourite urban fantasy kickass characters.
☀Rachael☀
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow that us one doozie if a cliffhanger! Come on December!
Naoms
Good. The ending was pretty great, but I'm realizing I have no real emotional bond to Kara. Even after 4 books.
Selene Tepesh
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: demons, urban-fiction
Okay. This book was much better than the previous two. Which were crap.
First off I LOVE her new roommate/ protector. And her crazy cat. Lol.
And why was there pretty much no Rhyzkhal (am I even spelling this right?) ?
Why did the author make us like him and get so hot for him in book one? Only to slowly make him a lame extra (bootycall) and then basically faze him out completely in this book ?! Very annoying. I want her with him damn it. Not Ryan!!!!!
And Zack and Jill!!!! How cute are they?!?!
Valerie
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kinda of a muted story --bridge to more

I could tell from nearly the beginning this installment would be, for lack of s better term, passive as compared to the first three. After chapter 5 it was apparent it was a lead up to the next book in the series. And I think it's necessary. I understand more. The story is far more interesting and intriguing than I first thought. Very happy with this book. Although I hate the cliff hangar at the end. Glad I am reading this series late in the game and have
Marissa Teng
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Halfway though this book i gave up. I don't remember why but It had something to do with Kara and Ryan and their disregarded feelings for each other.

I should have kept reading until the end. It was good.

But the ridiculous amount of swearing in this book is also annoying. I mean, every other word out of Kara's mouth was some sort of curse word. I don't remember her being like this in the first book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
How many? 16 68 Dec 31, 2012 10:11PM
Diana Rowland Fans: Sins of the Demon - Discuss **Spoilers** 1 17 Sep 08, 2012 03:26PM

• Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • Grave Visions (Alex Craft, #4)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • Black Howl (Black Wings, #3)
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
  • Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1)
  • Black Lament (Black Wings, #4)
  • Black Night (Black Wings, #2)
  • Black Wings (Black Wings, #1)
  • Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3)
  • The Sharpest Blade (Shadow Reader, #3)
  • Tangled Threads (Elemental Assassin, #4)
  • Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • The Shadow Reader (Shadow Reader, #1)
  • Personal Demons (Megan Chase, #1)
  • Black Heart (Black Wings, #6)
Diana Rowland worked as a bartender, a blackjack dealer, a pit boss, a street cop, a detective, a computer forensics specialist, a crime scene investigator, and a morgue assistant, which means that she's seen a lot of weird crap. She won the marksmanship award in her Police Academy class, has a black belt in Hapkido, has handled numerous dead bodies in various states of decomposition, and can't ro ...more

Kara Gillian (9 books)
  • Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1)
  • Blood of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #2)
  • Secrets of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #3)
  • Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5)
  • Fury of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #6)
  • Vengeance of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #7)
  • Legacy of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #8)
  • Rise of the Demon  (Kara Gillian, #9)